PDA

View Full Version : P1 - St. Cloud , Florida 20 September - 21 September 2014

Serious News
09-23-2014, 12:46 PM
Race Report from St. Cloud

Welsh Duo Do Double

Trans-Atlantic success for Norvill and Parsons-Young as new P1 SuperStock UK champions clinch USA national title in Florida

The Welsh powerboat crew of James Norvill and Charlie Parsons-Young were celebrating a remarkable double yesterday as they topped the podium at the P1 St. Cloud Grand Prix of the Sea to win the P1 USA SuperStock race series just two weeks after being crowned UK champions.

The Newport-based duo have been criss-crossing the Atlantic all summer to compete in the two P1 championships and clinched the UK title in Gosport earlier this month with a clean sweep of victories on the Solent in their GD Environmental Services race boat. They went into the final round of the USA series with a slender three point lead at the top of the standings and consistent performances in the four races this weekend saw them extend that to six points to become double champions.

The battle for the USA national title was fought out on East Lake Toho in Florida and James knew that it would be a tense, exhilarating and possibly dramatic event: “This is one of my favourite race venues in the States and it’s also my lucky venue where I had my first USA victory last year. Typically the lake is flat and that suits me and Charlie. It’s a great feeling to win both championships.”

James is having quite a year. Away from the water, he was named Institute of Directors’ Young Director of the Year in Wales in May and he has also been shortlisted for the UK-wide Young Director of the Year category, the result of which will be announced in London next month. So there could be yet more Welsh celebrations.

END

http://www.p1superstock.co.uk/RaceReport.ink?FixtureID=65576&NewsID=&type=r