PDA

View Full Version : all you GM tow vehicle guys...

phragle
12-11-2008, 06:21 PM
get a new truck in the next year or so, the next generation is being designed and developed in Brazil. they can grow coffee, and party in Rio, but what the hell do they know about trucks??????

RLJ676
12-11-2008, 06:46 PM
get a new truck in the next year or so, the next generation is being designed and developed in Brazil. they can grow coffee, and party in Rio, but what the hell do they know about trucks??????

Uhm....unless you tow with a little S10 sized truck, no, not true. The GMT900, designed right in Detroit, will be around for quite some time.

The next gen will be as well.

Bgchuby01
12-11-2008, 07:45 PM
RlJ676 I see you on PerformanceBoats.com all the time defending GM, As a loyal employee I can understand you wanting Gm to to good but If they could not get their poop together the last 5 years what will make it different now? My brother has a duramax with 70,000 miles under waranty that the dealer says one piston left the country. GM refuses to fix the truck and now my brother has to sue GM to get his truck fixed, and by the way the truck has no power adders just exuast and air filter mods.

Z06
12-13-2008, 04:12 AM
Brazil has had it's own version of the GM small truck since the S10. I suspect it will be their new version of the Colorado to be marketed in Brazil.

old377guy
12-13-2008, 10:35 PM
la cucuracha...la cucuracha

jhenrie
12-14-2008, 02:58 AM
:26: GM has about 4 days left .

Expensive Date
12-14-2008, 08:06 PM
Never Happen they may end up in chapter 11 but they are not going anywhere

Sea-Dated
12-17-2008, 12:59 PM
Never Happen they may end up in chapter 11 but they are not going anywhere

Hopefully they end up in Ch 11 and don't get a bail out(band aid)....

They will come back lean and mean if they can file and not get a handout.

Sunsation96
12-17-2008, 01:06 PM
Hopefully they end up in Ch 11 and don't get a bail out(band aid)....

They will come back lean and mean if they can file and not get a handout.

If they don't get the bail out and file chapter 11, it will cause more harm than you guy's could ever dream, it's scary to think that if that would happen how many company's would go down with them:(

Dave
12-17-2008, 05:40 PM
If they don't get the bail out and file chapter 11, it will cause more harm than you guy's could ever dream, it's scary to think that if that would happen how many company's would go down with them:(

You obviously have no idea how Chapter 11 works. The intent is to keep them around. Throwing money at them right now won't save them. Until the average consumer has time to reduce their debt and increase their savings nothing will change.

JupiterSunsation
12-17-2008, 05:46 PM
GM needs to tighten up/ lose a few car lines.

GMC for trucks
Cadillac for luxury
Chevy for performance (Camaro/Corvette) down to regular cars/economy cars

Saturn/Saab/Hummer/Pontiac/Buick need to be sold/closed.

If a particular car/SUV is a good seller then it should get rebadged in the correct market and put in the Chevy/GMC/Cadillac line-up.

Chrysler is a private company and shouldn't get assistance. But they need to consolidate as well (Dodge for trucks, Jeep for Wranglers/Cherokees and Chrysler for minivans/higher end cars). Stop production of economy products/mini Jeeps like Compass/Liberty and goofy crossovers like Calibers.

FULL FORCE
12-17-2008, 06:44 PM
GM needs to tighten up/ lose a few car lines.

GMC for trucks
Cadillac for luxury
Chevy for performance (Camaro/Corvette) down to regular cars/economy cars

Saturn/Saab/Hummer/Pontiac/Buick need to be sold/closed.

If a particular car/SUV is a good seller then it should get rebadged in the correct market and put in the Chevy/GMC/Cadillac line-up.

Chrysler is a private company and shouldn't get assistance. But they need to consolidate as well (Dodge for trucks, Jeep for Wranglers/Cherokees and Chrysler for minivans/higher end cars). Stop production of economy products/mini Jeeps like Compass/Liberty and goofy crossovers like Calibers.
Totally agree.

MattBMiller
12-17-2008, 08:01 PM

Where did you hear that? The 900 program is done right here in Michigan.

MarylandMark
12-18-2008, 06:36 AM
Totally agree.

+1! I posted a plan like that in one of the other auto threads.

7 of the same car with 7 different names and $2K added on the cost for the differences which amount to a few name badges and the steering wheel

Sunsation96
12-18-2008, 09:43 AM
You obviously have no idea how Chapter 11 works. The intent is to keep them around. Throwing money at them right now won't save them. Until the average consumer has time to reduce their debt and increase their savings nothing will change.

I know the intent is to keep them around, but the truth behind the picture is that they owe so many small shops money for work and parts that they small guys would have no choice but to close up shop, but hey that won't affect you, so why would you care...

Gordo
01-08-2009, 06:06 PM
I have a 1995 GMC / Chevy K1500 with over 330,000 hard run miles. Most pulling a boat. Never had the intake, oilpan or valvecovers off.
The wife thinks we need a new one.
someday I may think about changing spark plugs...

BUIZILLA
01-08-2009, 06:26 PM
Pontiac needs to stay.........

sledge
01-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Pontiac needs to stay.........

Besides the Firebird and G8, what else is worthy anymore? Sure, HUGE history with the brand but going forward it's one I could see not being missed long term.

Does anyone truly miss Oldsmobile? Does anyone under 60 drive a Buick (not counting China where it's the no. 1 brand for some crazy reason)?

GM could finally shut Ford the f*ck up with their pickup sales claims if they consolidated the truck brands under one name. It kills me every time I hear "Ford is the #1 selling truck brand"...only because Chevy and GMC aren't added together.

Sorry Jim...my first day posting here and I'm going off on a "local"... :seeya:

BUIZILLA
01-08-2009, 10:10 PM
welp, ya gotta good point without Firebird... :ack2:

fund razor
01-30-2009, 12:41 PM
Does anyone under 60 drive a Buick (not counting China where it's the no. 1 brand for some crazy reason)?
It's because Tiger Woods is Chinese, I think.

DCP21
01-30-2009, 01:25 PM
Brazillian Chevy???? How come that sounds painful?

Jassman
01-30-2009, 07:18 PM
Besides the Firebird and G8, what else is worthy anymore? Sure, HUGE history with the brand but going forward it's one I could see not being missed long term.

Does anyone truly miss Oldsmobile? Does anyone under 60 drive a Buick (not counting China where it's the no. 1 brand for some crazy reason)?

GM could finally shut Ford the f*ck up with their pickup sales claims if they consolidated the truck brands under one name. It kills me every time I hear "Ford is the #1 selling truck brand"...only because Chevy and GMC aren't added together.

If I correctly read it.. Ford still out sold Chevy and GMC combined..where did you get you're info..which magazine. Thanks Jeff

rockfish71
01-31-2009, 11:38 PM

No that's because FORD MAKES A REAL TRUCK AND ALL THE OTHERS WANT TO BE JUST LIKE THEM.
:03:

SunTime
02-05-2009, 10:37 AM
Man I don't wanna see them close Saturn. Were on our 2nd Aura XR and love that car!