PDA

View Full Version : LED Docking lights - who has what, Innovative, Attwood, Sea Dog > any reviews/pics

HiZ
06-16-2013, 09:42 AM
Okay so I am looking to put some Docking lights on the boat and am looking at the LED flush mounted lights

I can NOT find any useful reviews or pictures, videos on them

I like the Innovative Lighting lights
LED Surface Mount Docking Light - Innovative Lighting Incorporated (http://www.innovativelight.com/store/?led_surface_mount_docking_light&show=product&productID=267197&productCategoryIDs=6287,6293)

The Sea Dog and Attwood are much less and seem quite smaller

Anyone have experience with any of these

old377guy
06-16-2013, 01:06 PM
Okay so I am looking to put some Docking lights on the boat and am looking at the LED flush mounted lights

I can NOT find any useful reviews or pictures, videos on them

I like the Innovative Lighting lights
LED Surface Mount Docking Light - Innovative Lighting Incorporated (http://www.innovativelight.com/store/?led_surface_mount_docking_light&show=product&productID=267197&productCategoryIDs=6287,6293)

The Sea Dog and Attwood are much less and seem quite smaller

Anyone have experience with any of these

I'd never seen these before nor knew they existed - kinda cool. I had the old style docking lights on 4 or 5 of my old boats. I installed them on two of them; always felt a bit nervous cutting a hole up front. I liked the retro look and functionality. Today, I'm more about simplicity.

Donskihp
07-05-2013, 01:57 PM
I replaced both my bow and stern (anchor) lights with innovative LED lights. they are very bright, and work very well. The only complaint is on the anchor light. I have the all-Round electric telescopic light. Apparently I don't use it enough and corrosion got in between the lens and the chromed plastic base so it wouldn't raise. I took it apart cleaned it and now it works fine.

old377guy
07-05-2013, 03:34 PM
Excellent

HiZ
07-06-2013, 11:03 PM
All right! I ordered some innovative lighting and some SeaDog LED Lights
I also put in an order for the Innovative bow light for the boat!
I will update when I have them all

old377guy
07-07-2013, 11:49 AM
Let's see pix when you get 'em

HiZ
07-08-2013, 01:28 AM
You know it! I'm going to get the word out
Doesn't seem that there is much out there for this stuff accept a few Attwood videos from the Net that show it in a booth
Not real time action
-