PDA

View Full Version : Mark Evans' U-57 Team Welcomes New Sponsor "FEDCO"

U-57 Hydro
01-05-2013, 04:49 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

January 4, 2013

U-57 is “Pumped Up” for Doha & Beyond

Since purchasing the U-57 in early 2012, Evans Brothers Racing has conservatively and consistently held their position in H1 Unlimited’s top ten in hopes that their performance and enthusiasm would attract a sponsorship partner who could share their vision for program development. When the U-57 hits the water for this year’s UIM World Championship in Doha it will bear the colors of that partner….

Based in Monroe, MI Fluid Equipment Development Company (FEDCO) Fluid Equipment Development Company (http://www.fedco-usa.com) and their founder, Eli Oklejas, are defined by their corporate motto: “Making Fluid Energy Work for You.”

FEDCO was founded in 1997 to develop new fluid machinery to reduce the cost of reverse osmosis desalination. The results included patented concepts, highly integrated design, superior production software, and sophisticated manufacturing processes. Their efforts culminated into several lines of energy recovery turbines and high-pressure feed pumps uniquely suited for seawater reverse osmosis (SWRO) desalination.

Having installed thousands of units globally and holding offices in China, Dubai (UAE), India, Israel, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Singapore, and Spain they have established themselves as the world's largest supplier of complete High Pressure Pump and Energy Recovery Device (ERD) packages for systems between 100 and 3,000 m3/day in seawater reverse osmosis.

Yet, while FEDCO is an internationally renowned company, their heart beats from the historic town of Monroe, MI. Monroe, rapidly gaining momentum as one of Michigan’s leading economic development communities, is known above all else for its tradition and camaraderie much like the sport of unlimited hydroplane racing.

It is with those traditions in mind that Mr. Oklejas, a longtime unlimited racing fan, was introduced to U-57 crew member, and Monroe, MI Port Director, Paul C. LaMarre III. Realizing the existence of limitless marketing and engineering synergies just weeks before the upcoming race being held in FEDCO’s primary middle-eastern market, Oklejas and LaMarre have rapidly engaged FEDCO’s engineering, sales, and marketing teams to showcase FEDCO colors at the Oryx Cup, but more importantly, “pump up” Evans Brothers Racing and the U-57 for the 2013 H1 Unlimited season.

Contacts:

Eli Oklejas

President, FEDCO

(734) 241-3935

eoklejas@fedco-usa.com

Paul C. LaMarre III

Director of Marketing

Evans Brothers Racing

(734)625-3128

u-57racing@hotmail.com

U-57 Hydro
01-05-2013, 04:50 PM
http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq291/jetcruzr/U-57/U-57DohaPressReleasePhoto_zps2684c02d.jpg

Admin
01-05-2013, 04:51 PM
Congrats!!!!!

Ratickle
01-06-2013, 04:33 PM
Chelan's Evans racing in Qatar

Mark Evans racing his U-57 hydroplane above, and in his racing gear.
Photos courtesy Mark Evans

Places in top 10 to qualify for world championships

12/3/2012 3:17:00 PM

By Vince Lovato

Chelan's legendary hydroplane racer Mark Evans earned a spot to race for the world championship halfway around the globe.

While most Chelan Valley residents will be sloshing through the cold and snow on Jan. 10, Evans will be racing his U-57 hydroplane in the hot, dry Middle East country of Qatar.

Evans, the owner and driver of the U-57, placed 10th overall in the H1 Unlimited Air National Guard Series to qualify to race in Qatar, which is a peninsula in the Persian Gulf.

Evans, 55, was happy to qualify since, as owner of the $500,000 U-57 hydro, he had to make sure his repair bills didn't ground him.

"I've been driving like an old lady," he said. "I used to drive like a maniac because the big sponsors wanted to win, but when you become the owner, you can't afford to break the boat."

His sponsor now is formula.com but the series is an expensive six-race competition across the country.
"We'd love to have some major sponsors," Evans said. "But we can come home with $100,000 if we do well (in Qatar)."

He is an underdog but he, his crew and the 20-year-old boat have shown the ability to beat the favorites: His crew made some prop adjustments and won two heats in Detroit this season.

"We have the potential and we could do well with a few good adjustments," Evans said.

And after the championships and season finale, the boats will stay in Qatar and kickoff the 2013 season there in
February.

Evans, who started racing boats in 1969, winning a trophy at the Lake Chelan Yacht Club in 1970, was critically injured in a 2003 crash that should have ended his career.

During his recovery, Evans' brother, Mitch, won the prestigious Gold Cup series.

"I quit for 5 years but I didn't want to leave the sport on a gurney," Mark said. "I wanted to get back in."

And when Mark returned in 2009, he won his first race in San Diego.

"I'm not quite done yet," he said. "We barely finance each race and each event gives us tow money and we do OK as long as we don't break our equipment."

The Qatar sponsors paid to ship the U-57 and seven of Evans' crewmembers.

Evans owns Evans Marine Services in Chelan.

http://lakechelanmirror.com/m/Articles.aspx?ArticleID=6976

jetcruzr
01-06-2013, 05:33 PM
Mark Evans getting his picture taken with his friend, Gold Cup Homer.

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq291/jetcruzr/lightroom%20uploads/JW6A4350-1.jpg

rschap1
01-07-2013, 03:49 PM
Dooh!!

:)

jetcruzr
01-08-2013, 10:13 AM
http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq291/jetcruzr/gold%20cup%202011/_TH_4863-3.jpg

Ratickle
01-09-2013, 05:26 AM
One more day until heats start.....