PDA

View Full Version : Rumor has it...

Buoy
11-30-2012, 05:12 PM
Pantera is delivering a new 28 this week.:hurray:
Sources say they are delivering it un-rigged for the new owner to rig it to his liking:cool:

Yet, the same people on the interweb that suggested Pantera should put out some un-rigged hulls are now questioning if this would make it a "true" Pantera:huh: I'm certain that Jo & Pepe will be there for any support the new owner needs in rigging. History shows you can call them about a 30yr old boat, and they are happy to help!
I guess no matter what you do, you can't make a mob happy...

Best of luck to the new owner, and to Jo &Pepe!
I look forward to seeing pics!

Hellbent
11-30-2012, 05:17 PM
That's great to hear! I knew that wouldn't take long. I have no interest in the opinion of the internet meat-heads.

Donskihp
11-30-2012, 06:03 PM
If you take an old Fountain/Donzi/Skater and re-rig it is it nol longer a Fountain/Donzi/Skate?

Buoy
11-30-2012, 06:18 PM
If you take an old Fountain/Donzi/Skater and re-rig it is it nol longer a Fountain/Donzi/Skate?

No
It automatically becomes a bay liner that was designed on a napkin with a crayola, and the layup changes to chopper gun.
Kind of like a carriage turning into a pumpkin at midnight.D)

JO - PANTERABOAT
12-03-2012, 06:53 PM
The new Pantera 28' SR just got delivered. Yes, we will give him 100 % support like we do with any Pantera owner.

Regards,

JO

Ratickle
12-03-2012, 07:43 PM
Maybe a dumb question Jo. Do you remove the front axle tires and wheels on purpose to give the tongue weight required because there is no engine or drive?

Offshore Ginger
12-03-2012, 07:52 PM
First off in my opinion why would it really matter and second there are so many fantastic riggers out there that have worked at other Boat Co's that can deliver just as good of a job or better then if it ( boat ) was rigged at the factory ( example ) personally i know Riggers that have worked at Skater when we were building a host of other boats Fountains , Platinum , etc , etc moving on to doing the rigging after the fact or left the factory and in some cases being able to do a better job because they ( riggers ) would not always be under the gun for an ETA ,or should i say finish date when the new owner takes ownership or delivery . Just an opinion , and to hell with the meat heads out there which has already been mentioned by Hellbent.

Buoy
12-03-2012, 08:53 PM
First off in my opinion why would it really matter and second there are so many fantastic riggers out there that have worked at other Boat Co's that can deliver just as good of a job or better then if it ( boat ) was rigged at the factory ( example ) personally i know Riggers that have worked at Skater when we were building a host of other boats Fountains , Platinum , etc , etc moving on to doing the rigging after the fact or left the factory and in some cases being able to do a better job because they ( riggers ) would not always be under the gun for an ETA ,or should i say finish date when the new owner takes ownership or delivery . Just an opinion , and to hell with the meat heads out there which has already been mentioned by Hellbent.

Pantera is known for good rigging. But, I agree, that's not to say it couldn't be rigged just as well by someone else.
I can understand being reluctant as a builder to deliver an unrigged hull, but I don't believe anyone committing to this boat would cut corners.
I look forward to seeing it completed!

TUCK646
12-04-2012, 10:00 AM
Rumer stole 130k off a guy I know that knows a guy.
Not to be confused W / Paul Nazar

JUST VENTING THE " rumer" person " I'M REFERRING TO WAS NEVER KOOL ENOUGH TO EVER BE AFFILIATED W/ ANYTHING FAST BOAT.
HAVE NEVER HAD ANY COMPLICATIONS W/
" PANTERA"

"PANTERA ROCKS, ASK BUOY,"

"
"

TUCK646
12-04-2012, 10:04 AM
Maybe a dumb question Jo. Do you remove the front axle tires and wheels on purpose to give the tongue weight required because there is no engine or drive?

Never heard that one Rat .

Ratickle
12-04-2012, 10:05 AM
I just know that when I tow one of my boats, minus engines and drive, it tows like crap!!!!!!!!

TUCK646
12-04-2012, 11:42 AM
load it like a freight container !
I have.

rides like any other unloaded suspension?¿

JO - PANTERABOAT
12-04-2012, 12:45 PM
The work trailer belongs to our customer. He lives here in Miami as well.

Regards,

JO

Donskihp
12-04-2012, 10:05 PM
Would't the boat already be tongue heavy without a motor and drive, then remove the front wheels would make it worse

Ratickle
12-04-2012, 11:33 PM
Would't the boat already be tongue heavy without a motor and drive, then remove the front wheels would make it worse

MAkes sense to me...... (More than what I asked!)