PDA

View Full Version : Black Thunder Marina

Cruz-N-Thunder
09-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Since it rained all day the wife and I went for a drive and decided to check out Black Thunder's new marina at the 26mm at LOTO. Although it looks like they are still setting it up, the building and set up are awesome. Looks like they should have enough room to do it all. Glad to see they are heading in the right direction.

Ratickle
09-02-2012, 09:53 PM
Cool, we'll have to get some pics!

endeavor1
04-10-2013, 11:06 PM
I d love to hear the latest on this???

stevewy
05-19-2013, 10:31 PM
Starting to make plans to go to the shootout in Aug. it looks like their will be 4 couples coming down on Tuesday and another couple joining us on Thursday. We will all stay through the weekend. I'm bringing my 46 down. We will need 2 rooms Tuesday - Sunday, 1 Thursday - Sunday, and want my boat slipped Tuesday through Sunday .

Will the marina be open? Can I get a slip? Where should we get other rooms nearby? Any advice appreciated

Ratickle
05-20-2013, 09:07 PM
I haven't heard much about the marina in the last few weeks. Guys?

endeavor1
05-20-2013, 11:40 PM
http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/black-thunder/22734-interesting.html

Maybe this explains some of it?

Ratickle
05-21-2013, 04:19 AM
I'll have to get ahold of Shane. I would assume they are still going forward with the marina. You can't let an asset just sit there, even if you are considering selling or adding investors.

Nevr2nd
05-21-2013, 05:57 PM
Starting to make plans to go to the shootout in Aug. it looks like their will be 4 couples coming down on Tuesday and another couple joining us on Thursday. We will all stay through the weekend. I'm bringing my 46 down. We will need 2 rooms Tuesday - Sunday, 1 Thursday - Sunday, and want my boat slipped Tuesday through Sunday .

Will the marina be open? Can I get a slip? Where should we get other rooms nearby? Any advice appreciated

Tan Tara is close by land, and at the 24mm by water. Might check there

stevewy
08-16-2013, 11:22 PM
It's official. My wife and I and another couple will be leaving Michigan early Wednesday and headed to LOTO. I'm not sure what to do about boating. We have reservations at the 4 seasons. We can rent a small deck boat for$400 a day and not have the hassle of hauling a boat all the distance. That's pretty expensive though. There is an outside chance I could have my BT hauled there and that would be expensive also. The third option is; I still own my 28 powerquest. I can haul it down and save the rental. I have no idea what I would do with it though. Haul in and out each day --- maybe. Are there plenty of launch sites? Will my 28 be ok on LOTO or too small (of course a rental boat would be even smaller).

If I brought my BT is there a marina that I could still get reservations at?

Any advice is appreciated

Coolerman
08-17-2013, 12:04 AM
Steve,

Last I heard, nothing was going on with marina, but I have been out of the loop. You will want to talk with Shane Poeling (Racer511 on here).

Also, you could make it in a 28, but be prepared to get wet. I would not recommend a rental. Overall, you will be much happier with your BT at the lake on shootout weekend.

Ratickle
08-17-2013, 10:06 PM
The 28 would be fine if you're careful when the event ends daily.....

stevewy
08-17-2013, 11:29 PM
The cost of transporting the BT is ridiculous. I got a quote today for $6k! No way. I think I could've arranged a decent deal if I did better planning. Now, not a good chance. So, I'm bringing my 28 powerquest. Hopefully, it'll be ok and rife doesn't flip out too much.
Looking forward to this for a long time!

endeavor1
08-18-2013, 05:28 PM
Just dont leave with the crowd directly after the shootout ends. It is an awesome sight, however it is a washing machine. I was in a 46 BT (monopoly) the last time and we got thrown around pretty good. I imagine though the Cig may be found in the middle of it on saturday.... :rofl:

Nevr2nd
08-19-2013, 12:25 PM
Just dont leave with the crowd directly after the shootout ends. It is an awesome sight, however it is a washing machine. I was in a 46 BT (monopoly) the last time and we got thrown around pretty good. I imagine though the Cig may be found in the middle of it on saturday.... :rofl:

Chrissy,
Stop being a baby.....I was there in my BT, yes rough but I drove right threw it.