PDA

View Full Version : Looking for deck hatches on 24 Python

morepower
08-31-2012, 02:23 PM
Anyone knows who makes the deck hatches on a 24 Python. Thanks

Buoy
08-31-2012, 05:41 PM
Welcome to Serious!

Can you post a pic of the hatches/boat? What year?

morepower
09-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the welcome. Don't know if I did it right. It is a 1989 24 Vector/ Python, no longer in business. I am doing a total restore to the boat and have the cap off of the hull with the cap upside down so can't show what it looks like on the boat. The guy went under around 95 and if I'm not mistaken used the same hatches.742347423574236

Buoy
09-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the welcome. Don't know if I did it right. It is a 1989 24 Vector/ Python, no longer in business. I am doing a total restore to the boat and have the cap off of the hull with the cap upside down so can't show what it looks like on the boat. The guy went under around 95 and if I'm not mistaken used the same hatches.742347423574236

The guy did go under around that time, and I mean 6' under.

I almost bought an '89 24' Python, I have a ton of photos of it, but can't seem to find them. Very similar to my 24x7 Pantera, and all the other 24x7 splashes out there. As I understand it, build quality on Python could be spotty - some built really well, some a little lacking.

Back to the hatches, those don't look familiar to me. Could you just use a Bomar hatch? Or are you trying to stay original?
I had a place in Miami that I bought some replacement windshield parts from, but I can't find the website right now. They might have what you're looking for. Give me a couple days and I'll have the sight for ya.

morepower
09-01-2012, 07:12 PM
I was looking at the Bomar hatches, if I can't find these that's what I'll do. As for the build quality mine was on the lacking end numerous problems. I sent it to him for chine repair and got it back with bondo and stole my stereo and hatch lift. Drilled drain holes and didn't seal them. I'm to blame also, was very green on boat quality. I'll start a new thread and post pics of the rebuild.

Buoy
09-01-2012, 07:34 PM
I was looking at the Bomar hatches, if I can't find these that's what I'll do. As for the build quality mine was on the lacking end numerous problems. I sent it to him for chine repair and got it back with bondo and stole my stereo and hatch lift. Drilled drain holes and didn't seal them. I'm to blame also, was very green on boat quality. I'll start a new thread and post pics of the rebuild.
YES!!! Please post a rebuild thread! We love that stuff.
I have the address for the co I'm thinking of in the garage. I need to do a little digging , but I'll get it for ya.

Buoy
09-01-2012, 07:35 PM
Are you the original owner?

morepower
09-01-2012, 08:58 PM
Yes bought it new in 89 and its been sitting up for the last 10 years, didn't know if I wanted to take on the project because it was so big. But decided to and I'm going with composite don't want any more root and it's light weight, should be able to post tomorrow.

Buoy
09-02-2012, 03:23 PM
Try poking around this website. This is where I found weatherstrip for the windshield on my Pantera.
MARINE WINDOWS, BOAT WINDOWS, SHIP WINDOWS, CRUISELINER WINDOWS, (http://www.usamarinewindows.com/)

Ratickle
09-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Here's a link to a thread that Buoy was helping on a couple years ago.

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/historic-classic-offshore/13661-python-boats-s.html