PDA

View Full Version : Interior trim package

stevewy
08-22-2012, 06:02 PM
Most 46 EC Bts have accent lighting behind the sofas, mirrored slats over the rounded pad by the tv, and mirrored slats on the wall near the sink under the stereo cabinet. I'm assuming that was an part of an upgrade interior trim package. I am looking at one that does not have these features. Does anyone know if this can be fairly easily purchased and installed aftermarket, or would it be too much of a pain?

Ratickle
08-23-2012, 11:30 AM
If it has the wood in the interior, that is the upgrade package in the earlir boats. If not, no.

I also think they made the wood trim standard on the 46' boats later, except for the GT. As for the mirrors, ours doesn't have the mirrors or the wood, and it is a 1999 43'. But, ours was ordered with everything pretty much not there to save weight. The air, gen, and flush head were all added later.

If you really get down to a boat or two, we can always email Bob or Shane and find out anything you want to know.

stevewy
08-23-2012, 06:16 PM
I've pretty much made my decision. I'm looking at a 2001 46 EC. The deal should be done in a few weeks. My wife loves the lighted trim and mirror decor around the galley. This boat doesn't have either. Currently there is the padded cover above the sofa, vinyl covering over the rounded piece by the galley, and a plain board where the mirror is under the stereo. The only difference above the sofa is the one I'm looking at is a plain covering and the others I've looked at have lighting built in. Talking to someone at black thunder is probably a good idea. If you could help me get that contact info I appreciate it.

On another note; are all black thunders painted? If so, what kind of paint is used?

Ratickle
08-23-2012, 08:19 PM
Bob and Shane are both at the shootout currently, but as soon as it's over they'll be back home. If there is something you need to know in a big hurry, I can call them there. If not, they should be back on Monday.

racer511
08-23-2012, 08:50 PM
I've pretty much made my decision. I'm looking at a 2001 46 EC. The deal should be done in a few weeks. My wife loves the lighted trim and mirror decor around the galley. This boat doesn't have either. Currently there is the padded cover above the sofa, vinyl covering over the rounded piece by the galley, and a plain board where the mirror is under the stereo. The only difference above the sofa is the one I'm looking at is a plain covering and the others I've looked at have lighting built in. Talking to someone at black thunder is probably a good idea. If you could help me get that contact info I appreciate it.

On another note; are all black thunders painted? If so, what kind of paint is used?

We are trying to get everything back up to speed at the factory, yes we should be able to add lights and mirrors in the 46 bt, paint on Black Thunders were decided by boat owners, we are at shootout this weekend.

stevewy
08-23-2012, 09:37 PM
Thanks a lot. No hurry on the response. I'm headed to Tennessee to finalize everything in a couple weeks. The interior stuff isn't a deal breaker, but if I can make the change at home that would be great. We can talk more when you guys return

I am a little concerned about the paint. All of my previous boats have been gel coat with paint only for trim. How does the paint hold up?

stevewy
08-23-2012, 10:00 PM
By the way, I've been told that BT service has always been outstanding, and that BT owners are solid people always willing to help. The responses in this forum affirms that! I really appreciate the help. I'm a retiree and this is my last boat---- so, I need to get it right. Thanks