PDA

View Full Version : Pair of Merc 500 EFI's 4 Sale

Dock Holiday
12-08-2008, 11:16 AM
For Sale

Pair of Mercury 500 EFI’s for sale

These are complete motors ready to drop in and run less the headers (NO HEADERS INCLUDED).

The motors came new in a 2002 Baja and I have owned them since day #1.

These motors have never failed to start and run and have never given me in trouble. We did a complete refresh top and bottom at 280 hours and they have 140 trouble FREE hours on them since.

New rod and crank bearings, new oil pumps, new heads (Merlin rectangular port 315CC cast), new cam (Crane 741 as used in 525), new crane GOLD roller rockers and Inconel valves, complete gaskets, etc.

All the ECM work was done by Mark Boos at Precision Marine and these motors made 550 HP on the dyno at 5400 RPM.

They look 100% stock and perform 100% stock at idle and around the docks. They will run head to head with any 525’s.

I removed the engines from the boat October 2007 and they have been in storage in my climate controlled warehouse now for 13 months. The motors were running perfectly at the time I pulled them and they do NOT burn any oil. Compression is up slightly from stock 8.75:1 to 9.25:1 and you should run 93 octane in these engines.

The only oil that has been run in these has been Mobile 1 15W50 changed every 10 to 15 hours.

The motors also include KE prelubers which make oil changes a breeze!

They include the motor mounts, HD couplers and all accessories except for the power steering related items.

Drop them in, connect battery cables, water hose to pump, fuel line and exhaust and you are running!

$15,000.00 for the pair

I have no problem crating them up and shipping on the motor freight carrier of your choice. I will also assist in delivery anywhere in North Carolina and adjoining states.

PM me if interested or email me at mark@alliedbrgs.com.

The pictures listed are when they were still in the boat. I will be taking some more pictures of them out of the boat soon.

Thank you

Dock Holiday
12-20-2008, 04:17 PM
SOLD

Thank you

Goodbye motors you have served me well.:seeya:

OBNOXUS
12-21-2008, 11:46 AM
Noooooo !!!!!!!!!! :(

spilman
12-21-2008, 11:59 AM
Son of a beeeotch!!

OBNOXUS
12-21-2008, 12:25 PM
Yeah,,,, considering I sold my motors to buy these !!!!!!

Snooze ya loose right !!!!

I should have just gone and gotten them ,,,,, first cash takes them !!!!!!