PDA

View Full Version : Removal of trim pump hoses

Donskihp
02-06-2012, 12:25 AM
Got a new drive trim pump tank, want to relocate pump to a different location. To do that will require longer hydrolic lines. On the Brovo 1 drive the lines appear to run through the gimble and to the bottom on the outside to a distribution block. If I pull the block and disconnect the lines will they easily pull out and will new longer lines easily push through, without pulling the motor? I took off the 2 nuts from the block, but it dosen't seem to pull down very easy, any suggestions?

Ratickle
02-06-2012, 11:32 PM
I'll send out some emails and see what we can come up with.

Donskihp
02-06-2012, 11:38 PM
Sounds good!

MOBILEMERCMAN
02-07-2012, 09:40 AM
Don the hoses will pull out of the transom plate easily. The problem will be they are usually clamped down against the transom to keep them from touching the down tubes of the exhaust. Mercury offers extension hose kits. That will be the easiest way to go.

Donskihp
02-07-2012, 05:35 PM
I found the hoses clamped on one stringer,which wouldn't be to hard to get to. Did't know mercury made extensions,good to know, I think I'll go with the extensions and replace latter down the road when I do an engine refresh. Appreciate the info. Donzi mounted the tank right infront of the best spot to access the bilge, moving the pump just makes oil changes and cleaning easier.

fund razor
02-15-2012, 07:44 AM
You know, I found that shaving a line wrench down on my grinder made the wrench narrower and easier to get between the fitting and the shoulder of the jacket on the line to get the line wrench on the fitting. I have two line wrenches for some reason, so one became a skinny size and one stayed wide. Very handy.

old377guy
02-16-2012, 01:56 PM
You know, I found that shaving a line wrench down on my grinder made the wrench narrower and easier to get between the fitting and the shoulder of the jacket on the line to get the line wrench on the fitting. I have two line wrenches for some reason, so one became a skinny size and one stayed wide. Very handy.

excellent idea

Donskihp
03-19-2012, 11:26 AM
I removed old lines and got some longer ones from league. the lines from league they said were for drive trim.receiving them they are mercury # 32-845977. they appear to be smaller ain diameter.looking them up on mercury web some they are for trim tabs. If i take them out of the plastic wrapping i can'T RETURN THEM. DOES ANYone know if from tab lines are the same as the drive line

old377guy
03-19-2012, 12:37 PM
They were the same for every boat that I've owned

MOBILEMERCMAN
03-20-2012, 09:29 AM
They are them same size and fittings on pre Alpha drives and TRS. Alpha and Bravo drives have larger lines and fittings.

Donskihp
03-20-2012, 10:06 PM
Glad to know that, I hadn't opened the package yet, I'll send it back. Thanks Jim

Donskihp
05-28-2012, 11:52 PM
Talked to Tom Gongola,at Latham Marine, early last month and he fixed me up with some custom made stainless Steel lines.They worked like a charm! and exactly the lenght I wanted.

Ratickle
05-29-2012, 06:58 PM
Good to know, thanks.....