PDA

View Full Version : Ghostrider's Turbo 499HP Hayabusa Being Raffled Off

Ratickle
01-07-2012, 10:25 AM
I don't know how many of you guys and girls follow this idiot. I, for one, can't believe he is still alive. But, his skill at not getting killed, combined with his talent for riding bikes and eluding police, has made him a legend.

The Suzuki Hayabusa was not only reported to be the fastest bike ever produced, with early models supposedly able to hit 200 mph. Then they were slowed down to a governed top speed of 180 mph by a deal between governments around the world. But, by some reprogramming and mod of the turbo and governor, they are supposedly hitting in the 240 mph range now.

The guy is crazier than I was when I raced as a kid and we would take our race bikes on the streets. And I thought we were nuts.

A little background for those of you not familiar: Ghost Rider is widely believed, but never proven, to be Swedish Wheelie Team member Patrik Furstenhoff, (or possibly a co-rider of Patrik and his friends). If so, he is an ex-racer, stunt rider, and crazy behind the handlebars of a motorcycle.

One of the reasons they think it's him, Furstenhoff holds the official world record for high speed wheelstands, hitting a top speed of 215 mph (346 km/h) on the back wheel.

Ghostriders first video was released in 2002, and he was famous almost instantly.

Anyway, I'm not entering (I'd get killed for sure), but what a bike to own......

Here's the bike...

Here are a couple trailers;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zw5osAveqs&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRE9V68oc1U&feature=related

Here is a link to the official site to enter....

http://www.ghostridermovie.net/666/lottery-hayabusa-turbo-500hp

By the way, in case you are interested, the official land speed record for a production 1000cc bike is currently, (set in 2010):

Reaching an average two-way speed of 196.117mph at the Bonneville Salt Flats last Saturday, the BMW S1000RR now holds the land speed record for 1,000cc production motorcycles. Amazingly, the record was set not only on a bone stock motorcycle, but it’s actually San Diego BMW’s demonstrator.

Riding the S1000RR, Andy Sills reached a top speed of 196.416mph on his first run and 195.819 on his return, setting the 196.117mph average. The previous Bonneville record stood at 192mph, although it’s unclear which bike that belongs to. Andy’s only modifications were taping over the lights and removing the mirrors and license plate bracket.

Good luck if you enter......
:cheers2:

C35
01-07-2012, 12:03 PM
Just cause you can doesnt mean you should. I think the guy's nuts.

There's a local crotch rocket club around here. The get together in groups and haul ass down the interstates and do their stunts. last summer about 30 of them passed us. As the last one's passed you could tell they were the slower bikes. The last guy past was riding some 70's vintage rat with a purple spray-can paint job. 5 minutes later he was sitting in the back of a state police car we passed. Kinda funny.

Every once in a while one thins himself out of the herd. One wheelied into the back of a semi and when he bounced off he hit the guy running with him. That guy got then run over by a car. I guess someone told them to go play in traffic.

Ratickle
01-07-2012, 12:10 PM
I've got two friends in the crotch-rocket crazies here.....

They'll try to ride wheelies down the center line of the freeway from Muskegon to Grand Rapids at over 100 the entire way.....

One of the two made the newspaper for the cops looking for him at over 180 in a 55.....