PDA

View Full Version : We Just Bought a Marina - Cheboygan Village Marina

Kool-Aid Man
12-08-2011, 07:19 PM
Well everyone my uncle and I purchase a beautiful 160 rack storage marina in downtown Cheboygan Michigan. It’s a ¼ mile down the Cheboygan River from Lake Huron before you get to the locks that take you into Burt and Mullet Lake, and standing right at the river inlet you look out and see the Grand Hotel on Mackinaw Island. We are extremely excited about this new opportunity and our services will include both summer in/out service and winter indoor heated storage. With our Taylor forklift we are able to service boats up to 27,000lbs which puts us not only in the performance boat category but also sport cruisers and regular cruisers none the less.

As for pricing we’ll be coming out of the box lower than anyone in the area for indoor heated storage for next years winter (obviously we’re a little late for this year…haha), however at the same rate our summer in/out services will be very reasonable for those who are waiting to get into a slip, gave up their slip because it was too expensive or for those who just want their boat kept inside and ready to go when they have an itch to get on the water.

I realize a lot of the people on this forum probably very rarely make it that far up north, but being from Michigan I do know that word travels fast and it’s guaranteed that you know someone, who’s cousins with someone, that’s dating someone…who’s goes to northern Michigan during the summer. So as a fellow high performance boater whose Cigarette Top Gun will be in Cheboygan Michigan this summer all I ask is that you pass the word along to anyone you know that boats in that part of the state. And if you’re ever up that way please stop in a take a look and ask for Kool-Aid…with twin 900’s maybe we’ll go have some fun with the ferry boats heading to Mackinaw Island…hahaha

Here’s the website: www.cheboyganvillagemarina.com let me know what you all think

Happy Holiday
Brian
Aka – Kool-Aid Man

And bye the way YES it would be bad ass to have a bunch of Go Fast boats calling it home!!!

Ratickle
12-09-2011, 08:31 AM
That's really Kool!!!!!!!

rschap1
12-09-2011, 12:18 PM
CONGRATS
Friend that lives up there has folks that slip on the river.
I will pass this on.
My families FAVORITE trip is the inland water route.
Maybe we'll stop by!
Again, CONGRATS and best of luck !!!

Kool-Aid Man
12-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the well wishes...we're looking forward to it!

Yes, please pass the word along and stop in if you get a chance.......

redhotsommer
12-09-2011, 02:16 PM
How far a drive is that for us, Bri?

Kool-Aid Man
12-09-2011, 02:30 PM
About 6 1/2 straight through....I've gotten in touch with Trac for the Boyne City run...since my vessel will be up there I plan on doing Boyne Thunder in addition to being a sponsor at some level....I was thinking we could get all the boats up there and do an end of the year run...mackinaw island has a big halloween party before they shut down the Island (last year BZ and I just happen to be there when it was going on)..we could all dress up in costumes jump in the boats at my marina and head over to the island dressed in full gear for a halloween party weekend...........head back to the marina afterward and then those who want to keep the boats there over the winter can clean them up and put away for the season....In theory I think thats a great plan!!!! LOL

redhotsommer
12-09-2011, 04:48 PM
Actually...that's an AWESOME plan. I'm thinking of doing Boyne Thunder again this year as well, and so is BZ. When Michelle and I were up on Mac Island last year, we were trying to think of a way to go up there and boat over...the Halloween deal sounds like a great idea!

Ratickle
12-10-2011, 04:13 PM
I thought Mike was asking how long (far) by boat.......

Be a heck of a Poker Run........

Do it during the sailboat race......:sifone:

Richard Crainium
12-12-2011, 08:48 AM
We go up north every summer ,went to Lake Charlevoix this year .Last year went on the Inland Waterway journey . I love it up there .

Ratickle
12-12-2011, 07:36 PM
Has anyone from Chicago made the run to Mak in an offshore boat that you know of????

Bobcat
12-13-2011, 07:43 AM
Congrats !!

Kool-Aid Man
12-14-2011, 02:44 PM
Has anyone from Chicago made the run to Mak in an offshore boat that you know of????

Not in an offshore...mine wouldn't make it because I need premium fuel....however Magic Medicine and I did it last year in a Formula 370ss...what a great experience! We went along the Wisconsin shoreline to Port Sheldon (i believe) ducked in to get out of gail force winds..stayed a day and a half and then went straight across in 10-12ft wave (like a couple of idiots) and landed a Empire..then went up the coast of Michigan.

Great Time

Blue Oval
12-14-2011, 08:17 PM
Did the halloween on Mack Island twice, alot of fun!

Ratickle
12-14-2011, 08:31 PM
Not in an offshore...mine wouldn't make it because I need premium fuel....however Magic Medicine and I did it last year in a Formula 370ss...what a great experience! We went along the Wisconsin shoreline to Port Sheldon (i believe) ducked in to get out of gail force winds..stayed a day and a half and then went straight across in 10-12ft wave (like a couple of idiots) and landed a Empire..then went up the coast of Michigan.

Great Time

Sweet.

Only 10's to 12's, no problem.......:sifone: