PDA

View Full Version : 1988 Mirage 27 Intimidator

offshoreexcursion
12-06-2011, 11:38 PM
1988 Mirage Intimidator 270 measured 29 overall. Might have been built off of a Formula hull. Twin 350s built to 425hp+. Ran well. Best of 74mph gps but hit 70 all day. Stright pipe sounded mean. SUPER CLEAN. Custom paint. Wave crusher. I loved this boat and wish I still had it.

Ratickle
12-07-2011, 09:24 PM
Looks really good...

Straight, Dry, pipes?????:eek:

Buoy
12-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Is that the one that used to be owned by K. Kennedy out of Oregon, OH?
Nice looking.

offshoreexcursion
12-08-2011, 01:31 AM
Thanks! I bought it out of Wisconsin, and both owners before me lived in Wisconsin as far as I know. Not sure if K. Kennedy had it before those 2 or after me, don't know him. Wet pipes but they were louder then my current boat. I figured I would confuse someone with that statement. It just sounded really good, way better then normal small blocks.

It had Twin Alpha drives BOTH standard rotation! Had to Drag a trim tab to keep it stright but unless you knew about it you would have never guessed. So I did all this research on getting a left hand rotation drive and could not believe the high prices! LOL! I look back at that now and laugh because my current Baja had full IMCO SC Drives. Now planning on buying some Arneson surface drives, IMCO SCX4, NXT, or X-power (if the price comes down). Old set or the future set have parts inside that cost more than an alpha!! LOL!