PDA

View Full Version : Sweet boat I had last summer while mine was down....

offshoreexcursion
12-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Can anyone guess what it is though??

Bobcat
12-04-2011, 08:37 AM
I know it says PQ but it looks like a Chapparal.

offshoreexcursion
12-04-2011, 11:04 PM
Not a Chapparal......good guess though. Funny story though that I deserve lots of Bashing on! (one reason not to post this in the BT forum!!)

Blown drives on my boat. Friend that always hangs with us decided he wanted his first go fast. Everything he looked at was lame IMO so I said would help him look. My girlfriend came across this boat and the deal was so good I could not give it up to him, we wanted for ourselves to use then sell and make a buck once new drives came. Told our friend about it and felt so guilty that I let him go in halves. I was told it was a 27 lazer on the phone and in the ad. I did some research and found some info on the 1991 powerquest, how it was a transition year between powerplay etc. Found out it was a short run for this body style lazer, etc. But the boat had a OMC 460 and a King Cobra. So I googled that and yep, tons of PQ 27 had them. Went to buy the boat, talked the guy down more. While I was counting the cash out the guy handed my friend the title to go over. We hooked up and left. I even got a insurance quote with the hull ID number before I got there, my agent never said it was not a PQ. Kristy buffed it out, we tuned it up. Had a fun time on it. Sold the boat and after the guy bought I got an email on my old ad that said "that is not a PQ lazer". I wrote back, "ok dude, it is but whatever you say" lol. I tell my friend and he says, I know you said it was a lazer but the title said galax. HUH? I said, "what is a Galax?" "never heard of a PQ Galax". "why did you not tell me that before we bought it!!" So we googled it and yep, GALAXY boats made a 26ft. Looked back at my original search or a 1991 PQ 27 with a 460 OMC and king cobra. All of the posts were from the guy I bought it from asking questions about it. But untill I met the guy and found out more about the boat I did not know it was him. I just looked quick and saw " yeah lots of these had that setup". LOL! Funny. Good news is the guy who bought it from me loves it. He then sold it to his friends dad who loves it. I enjoyed it and made 2 grand on the deal so it was all good.

Ratickle
12-05-2011, 08:01 AM
So, long story short, it is a 26' Galaxy?????

rschap1
12-05-2011, 12:36 PM
I remeber seeing that run through Ebay a bunch of times.
Some of the ads did admit it being a mystery boat with PQ logos and trim added during "restore".
I don't recall ever seeing a 460 OMC Laser either. May just be my lack of knowledge, but I do not remeber ever seeing one.
Congrats on the "flipping" of it :)

offshoreexcursion
12-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Oh yeah baby!

offshoreexcursion
12-06-2011, 11:29 PM
More pics just cause. Someone needs to keep SOS going!

Ratickle
12-07-2011, 04:04 PM
There is a boat at Powerquest now, in the auction, that is a Powerquest rebuild of a Aero Tek I believe.

rschap1
12-08-2011, 09:55 AM
Sutphen also, correct??

Ratickle
12-08-2011, 10:05 AM
Sutphen also, correct??

Yep, there is. I don't believe they worked on it at all. Just brought it in for the drives for the 47 Apache. But, at this point that's kind of speculation.

rschap1
12-08-2011, 02:58 PM
So there was a 47 Apache there too?
An AeroTech
A Sutphen
AND a 47 Apache??

Sorry I have a hard time keeping up quite often:(

THANKS!!!

Ratickle
12-09-2011, 08:24 AM
So there was a 47 Apache there too?
An AeroTech
A Sutphen
AND a 47 Apache??

Sorry I have a hard time keeping up quite often:(

THANKS!!!

It's open for inspections from 9:00AM until 4:00PM on Monday. Come on over......

But right now there is a 47' APache, a 35' or 38' Sutphen, and a 33' (I believe) Aero-Tek there to auction off on Tuesday.

rschap1
12-09-2011, 12:27 PM
I just like to dream...
even pieces parts and bare hulls fall out of my categories (at least that is what the wife and kids tell me)
I will stay out of the serious shopper's way and watch:)

THANKS for the info and updates though... (maybe someday) I like to stay informed :)

sweet addiction
12-17-2011, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the story. You just never know what you will find.