PDA

View Full Version : Jet Ski hits Boat in Southern CA

Ratickle
10-16-2011, 09:47 AM
This one doesn't make much sense so far, from the LA Times....

All three women who died, as I understand it, were on the ski.

October 15, 2011 | 9:36 pm

Three women were killed Saturday afternoon in San Dimas when their jet ski crashed into a powerboat, injuring four others, authorities said.

The collision between the Sea-Doo watercraft and the boat occurred about 4:30 p.m. in Puddingstone Reservoir at Frank G. Bonelli Regional Park, said Matt Levesque, a Los Angeles County Fire Department inspector.

"It was a pretty severe accident in the middle of the water," Levesque said.

The three victims killed -- ages 25, 35 and 60 -- were not identified, he said. They were pronounced dead at the scene.

Three male occupants on the boat -- ages 22, 35 and 36 -- suffered critical injuries and were taken by helicopter to a trauma center, Levesque said. A 22-year-old female passenger suffered minor injuries.
The crash is being investigated by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department and the Parks and Recreation Department.

"It was a tragic, tragic accident," said Imee Perius, a spokeswoman for the parks department.

600sci
10-16-2011, 02:08 PM
I SAY MAKE BOAT DRIVERS LISENCE MANDETORY !!!!

and not just a 20 bucks paper with a test !

SAD.....my prayers to all involved !

Tony M
10-16-2011, 02:54 PM
Sad to all parties involved ! Had a jet skier hit my transom some years back the kid was jumping my wake and called it to close and jump off and Ghost Road, the dam thing took out my outdrive/ prop & some fiberglass, Sorry But I Don't Like Those Water Rockets they are Dangerous.

ROGUE
10-16-2011, 04:29 PM
I SAY MAKE BOAT DRIVERS LISENCE MANDETORY !!!!

and not just a 20 bucks paper with a test !

SAD.....my prayers to all involved !

Yeah, that worked really good with cars didnt it. Theres never any stupid deaths from licensed automobile drivers

rschap1
10-17-2011, 09:50 AM
Sad.
No matter what...
you cannot dictate common sense.

I too wish that you could be sure that driver at LEAST had been through some sort of training.
My son has taken 2 boater safety classes so far. He's 12.
I sat through for refresher myself.

Ratickle
01-04-2012, 02:33 PM
Update:

Cause of deadly crash at San Dimas reservoir may be known soon
By Lori Consalvo, Staff Writer

"Los Angeles County sheriff's homicide detectives have completed their portion of an investigation into what caused a deadly crash in October that killed three women at Puddingstone Lake in San Dimas.

The detectives' reports, which includes interviews with eyewitnesses and employees working that day, have been sent to the county Department of Parks and Recreation, Lake Lifeguard Division. The division is spearheading the rest of the process."

http://www.contracostatimes.com/california/ci_19668275

rschap1
01-05-2012, 12:07 PM
My guess...just a guess mind you...is that driving the Sea Doo into the side of a boat is the cause.

I will get back to everyone in a few months and let you know FOR SURE though.

Ratickle
01-06-2012, 08:49 AM
My guess...just a guess mind you...is that driving the Sea Doo into the side of a boat is the cause.

I will get back to everyone in a few months and let you know FOR SURE though.

Ya think???????