PDA

View Full Version : THE BAD - Beware Celerity Investments !!

Bobthebuilder
10-17-2008, 06:45 PM
I have never stated this publicly until today as it is not really my style. I was reminded of them earlier today, and I felt this is the perfect venue to warn others about them.

They had agreed to be my major sponsor for the record run from Key West to Cancun with a $10,000.00 pledge. Just days before the run took place, they went AWOL. I received nothing! :(

If you ever think of having them sponsor one of your boats or events, get the money up front.

Life goes on.:seeya:

Bob

Chris
10-17-2008, 09:16 PM
Who are they? What do they do?

Chris
10-17-2008, 09:17 PM
P.S. Are you going to KW?

Airpacker
10-17-2008, 09:27 PM
That sucks Bob.

THEJOKER
10-17-2008, 09:28 PM
They're about to feel the power of SOS and Sunkin!:biggrinjester:

Bobthebuilder
10-17-2008, 10:32 PM
Who are they? What do they do?

Hey Chris, they are real estate developers and builders in Utah. Kinda like me, cept much BIGGER which means they will soon be much smaller. LOL
They are in big trouble and they will get what's coming to them. Matter of fact they knew they were in trouble at the time they agreed to sponsorship. Just can't understand why they led me on?:confused:
Anyway it is not my intention that this thread be used to beat on them as I am sure it will make no difference at all. I just want to warn others if they had any thoughts of tapping them for sponsorship.

Yes, I am taking a group of boats down to Key West from Marco on the Thursday and back on Monday morning following. See you there?:)

Bob

Bobthebuilder
10-17-2008, 10:35 PM
They're about to feel the power of SOS and Sunkin!:biggrinjester:

Hey, Brian. Good to see you over here.:)

Bob

THEJOKER
10-17-2008, 10:39 PM
Hey, Brian. Good to see you over here.:)

Bob

Yea these guy's have a good thing going on. You'll meet me in 2009 when our 41 cc is completed. I'm grounded now and it is killing me.

Chris
10-17-2008, 11:00 PM
Yes, I am taking a group of boats down to Key West from Marco on the Thursday and back on Monday morning following. See you there?:)

Bob

Yes- I'm flying in Wednesday, then shuttle'ing back to Islamorada on Tgursday to hook up and run back with Otis311 in his Gladiator, then there thru Monday. Send me an address and a shirt size and I'll get you some Seriousware for KW.

We're also going to try to do a SO hookup- maybe Friday evening.

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-17-2008, 11:37 PM
They also sponsored a supercat. Name was gone before LOTO.

Bobthebuilder
10-18-2008, 12:39 AM
They also sponsored a supercat. Name was gone before LOTO.

Yes, that would be Steve Page / Joey G. Steve shared some things with me regarding Celerity sponsoring them but not going to get into that here. Not my place.

Bobthebuilder
10-18-2008, 12:41 AM
Yes- I'm flying in Wednesday, then shuttle'ing back to Islamorada on Tgursday to hook up and run back with Otis311 in his Gladiator, then there thru Monday. Send me an address and a shirt size and I'll get you some Seriousware for KW.

We're also going to try to do a SO hookup- maybe Friday evening.

Chris, I will PM size and contact info in the morning. We will get together for sure.

GARBAGEMAN
10-23-2008, 12:35 AM
Met them in biluxi for the first oss race when they were announced as steve & joeys primary sponser after speaking with them for about an hour I asked someone on the team how much $$ have you gotten so far but I knew the answer b4 they confirmed it. a big fat $ O just a bunch of promises which is to bad cuz they didn't seem like bad guys just in way over their heads

Ryan Beckley
10-28-2008, 10:54 AM
They did come up with the money for Havasu.....I know they bounced out after that...

Strip Poker 388
01-14-2009, 11:50 PM
I wonder why some many bite there tongue and leave the rest to hang.I guess on the other foot if they warned ya might get crucified.

Bobthebuilder
07-11-2009, 01:50 PM
I just Googled Celerity Investments out of curiosity to see what they were up to these days and found this interesting tidbit in the Sept 15 / 08 edition of " Courthouse News Service". Under "Commerce" it says that investors were defrauded of $1.2 M. I see 2 of the people I dealt with, Wayne Aston and Gary Wilson are both named.
Wonder how it turned out?

http://www.courthousenews.com/2008/09/15/New_Complaints.htm

JupiterSunsation
07-12-2009, 08:56 AM
Using a pair of Bentley wings as your logo is seedy........as in we will use your money to buy ourselves a Bentley!