PDA

View Full Version : Morehead next stop

TYPHOON
07-11-2011, 03:10 PM
This event should be one for the books if everyone pulls together. Its a OSS/P1 event. There will be more Outboards built by then for a larger class. Location wise it should pull other SVL and SV boats. Along with the pro Am boats. Cant wait.
MD

Wil Ros
07-11-2011, 03:18 PM
Schleussberg,

I will be on vacation that week, Larry was setting the boat to turn!!!

Hope you guys have a great event and can get the "Angry" one down there.

Wil

jonesn'
07-11-2011, 04:13 PM
39 days to go! Can't wait...and neither can our fans! If anyone has any questions feel free to fire away!

DJ

TYPHOON
07-11-2011, 05:26 PM
Do you have any pics of the water and pit area from the past?

jonesn'
07-11-2011, 06:30 PM
Randy here is a video that one of our fantastic fans shot and produced from last years race, I will work on some still shots for you...i know Jeff(freeze frame video) has a ton from 2009 (4th annual crystal coast)and I believe 08 (morehead)on his website.

http://exposureroom.com/members/triworkstudios/42fc46441ff846d480ea62062733b6ed/

DJ

XtremeRacing
07-11-2011, 07:02 PM
The fans there are some on the best they are awesome. Have fun guys, good luck and be safe. I know we will miss racing there this yr, it was always one of our favorites.

Pete B
07-11-2011, 07:25 PM
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m126/pete454/SBI%20Morehead%20NC%202009/7Z0X0764.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m126/pete454/SBI%20Morehead%20NC%202009/MH7.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m126/pete454/SBI%20Morehead%20NC%202009/7Z0X10472.jpg

TYPHOON
07-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Come on Frank, I dont think it conflicts with any of your SBI races. I would think that Marks boat would kick a$$ on a short course with lots of turns. Top end has nothing to do with the courses we are running now. We have all worked on making our boats faster in a straight line and now fast doesnt count for $hit. Its about turning! 5 laps in 5 heats means a min. of 100 turns per weekend. Now if they use some of the other courses with dog legs or S turns than its even more. It has been very close racing so far.
MD

TYPHOON
07-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Nice shots Pete!!!

XtremeRacing
07-11-2011, 07:58 PM
Awesome pics Pete .

jonesn'
07-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Thanks Pete! Hope you can make it this year, if you are back stateside.

Randy our full course is a "boomerang" shaped course and offers a little bit of everything from flat, to chop, to swell, etc. depending on weather and tides! I will get it posted asap...my laptop crashed and I list everything, but I am up and running now, just need to download, update, and back up my files!

DJ

XtremeRacing
07-11-2011, 08:02 PM
When is More Head ???

jonesn'
07-11-2011, 08:05 PM
When is More Head ???

19-21 August...btw, no OPA conflict either thanks to Smitty! Stand alone weekend for MHC for the first time! Thanks Smitty and Louie, class acts!

Pete B
07-11-2011, 08:07 PM
Thanks Pete! Hope you can make it this year, if you are back stateside.

Randy our full course is a "boomerang" shaped course and offers a little bit of everything from flat, to chop, to swell, etc. depending on weather and tides! I will get it posted asap...my laptop crashed and I list everything, but I am up and running now, just need to download, update, and back up my files!

DJ

Unfortunately, wont be able to make it, will still be out of the country. the pics were form 2009, I combined the weekend with a day in Charlotte, at the NHRA races. so it was a busy weekend! look forward to seeing some of the photos from this year.

jonesn'
07-11-2011, 08:16 PM
Unfortunately, wont be able to make it, will still be out of the country. the pics were form 2009, I combined the weekend with a day in Charlotte, at the NHRA races. so it was a busy weekend! look forward to seeing some of the photos from this year.

ZMAX is awesome, covered some ground that weekend! Is anyone going to be running your on-board cameras? Would love to see the shots coming down the port wall from the racers perspective!

Pete B
07-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Ryan Beckley should have a couple of them.

jonesn'
07-11-2011, 09:04 PM
Very cool, I know he is planning to be here last I heard.

XtremeRacing
07-11-2011, 09:23 PM
If you guys are racing the same course becareful at the far end near the inlet in gets tricky

jonesn'
07-11-2011, 10:44 PM
Here are a few from last year and 09.

Sean Stinson
07-12-2011, 09:04 AM
Randy "E doesn't mean ENOUGH" Schluess I had a great time hanging buddy and hope I got you too your flight on time buddy!!!!!

imco offshore
07-12-2011, 09:36 AM
Randy , what class do you run in ,oss or p-1 or are they as one ,,

Sean Stinson
07-12-2011, 09:55 AM
I know he ran APBA in Detroit which is what P-1 falls under!!!!

TYPHOON
07-12-2011, 10:37 AM
OSS is SVL with there rules which are posted on there site. P1 is called SVS and use there rules posted on P1 web site. At the last race in Biloxi as a joint event both OSS and P1 ran at differant times so there was no conflict if you want to race with both org's. You would have to pay both reg. and equipment fee's to both if you wanted to race with both. At this time I have no idea what the reg fees or purse is for either org. Please call Martin and Mike if you need further info.
MD

600sci
07-12-2011, 12:30 PM
OSS is SVL with there rules which are posted on there site. P1 is called SVS and use there rules posted on P1 web site. At the last race in Biloxi as a joint event both OSS and P1 ran at differant times so there was no conflict if you want to race with both org's. You would have to pay both reg. and equipment fee's to both if you wanted to race with both. At this time I have no idea what the reg fees or purse is for either org. Please call Martin and Mike if you need further info.
MD

how can u race there and not know how much u pay or the purse ???
:confused:

MOBILEMERCMAN
07-12-2011, 01:25 PM
how can u race there and not know how much u pay or the purse ???
:confused:

He's got people. :sifone:

Dunbar 104
07-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Come on Frank, I dont think it conflicts with any of your SBI races. I would think that Marks boat would kick a$$ on a short course with lots of turns. Top end has nothing to do with the courses we are running now. We have all worked on making our boats faster in a straight line and now fast doesnt count for $hit. Its about turning! 5 laps in 5 heats means a min. of 100 turns per weekend. Now if they use some of the other courses with dog legs or S turns than its even more. It has been very close racing so far.
MD

So what happened to racing offshore boat in rough water? Lake racing was bad enough. This short track racing Is kinda like taking a Trophy Truck and racing it on a Go Kart track. I guess I don't understand the point. Oh its for the fans. Talk of all the spin-outs sounds kinda expensive, so when the drives start snapping off and, the boats look like they have been in a crash up derby great. I don't ever recall a fan saying that was awesome heres $12,000 to fix your boat.

600sci
07-12-2011, 03:30 PM
So what happened to racing offshore boat in rough water? Lake racing was bad enough. This short track racing Is kinda like taking a Trophy Truck and racing it on a Go Kart track. I guess I don't understand the point. Oh its for the fans. Talk of all the spin-outs sounds kinda expensive, so when the drives start snapping off and, the boats look like they have been in a crash up derby great. I don't ever recall a fan saying that was awesome heres $12,000 to fix your boat.

Y do u always have to hit the nail on the head...LOLOLOL:smash::USA:

But it would be nice if a fan would do that actually...hehe:sifone:

TYPHOON
07-12-2011, 07:18 PM
600, Its easy. My cost have always been less than my expences. Martin has been very good to all the teams.

Ratickle
07-12-2011, 07:32 PM
600, Its easy. My cost have always been less than my expences. Martin has been very good to all the teams.

Knock on wood...

One of these days I may drive....

jonesn'
07-12-2011, 07:43 PM

Don't let the fact that we run in the sound fool you! Yes, there are times when it may be slick calm, but with winds, tides, ground swell coming through the inlet, and traffic it can turn into a washing machine! I have no personal knowledge regarding the match racing course, but ours will will run along the port wall creating a new challenge with this format regarding water conditions! No we don't have the huge swell or big seas, but it is NO lake out there!

XtremeRacing
07-12-2011, 08:32 PM
The first yr we raced there it was dead calm, but the next yr it was tricky and the area near the inlet was a bitch. Besafe guys and make sure you run one full lap before u hang it out to much u might get a suprise.

600sci
07-12-2011, 09:14 PM
The first yr we raced there it was dead calm, but the next yr it was tricky and the area near the inlet was a bitch. Besafe guys and make sure you run one full lap before u hang it out to much u might get a suprise.

Just ask Eddy with national guards...or Wheels in his Cat...scary moments !

Sean Stinson
07-12-2011, 09:51 PM
Knock on wood...

One of these days I may drive....

That can be arranged a lot faster than you think Mr Rose:party:

scottc
07-13-2011, 01:49 PM
39 days to go! Can't wait...and neither can our fans! If anyone has any questions feel free to fire away!

DJ

Do you have any dry pit info yet? Are you one of the peeps incharge of them? If so call me please 410-573-9776

jonesn'
07-13-2011, 02:12 PM
Great talking with you Scott, look forward to having Team Purrrrfect here!
DJ

jonesn'
07-14-2011, 06:10 PM
Here is the race cousre...on the right is Morehead City with the NC port being the area coming out of Turn 3. We have traditionally run this course in a counter-clockwise rotation.

imco offshore
07-14-2011, 06:44 PM
Mr. Jones ,,what is the total length of a lap ,,?

jonesn'
07-14-2011, 07:16 PM
Mr. Jones ,,what is the total length of a lap ,,?

Roughly 5.5 miles +/-

scottc
07-14-2011, 11:21 PM
Any views of the dry pits? Maybe google earth or something like that and where is a ramp to launch if any...... Thanks again

TYPHOON
07-15-2011, 02:39 PM
I would guess there might be 2 courses set up. One long and one short. Just thinking out loud.
Scott are you going to park next to us again? You guy's just arent right!
MD

XtremeRacing
07-15-2011, 06:29 PM
Randy,
Are we going to see you in NYC again this yr?

imco offshore
07-15-2011, 08:53 PM
I would guess there might be 2 courses set up. One long and one short. Just thinking out loud.
MD

ok then who makes the course ,,and when is it posted ,,and what one,
do you guys run ,?

jonesn'
07-16-2011, 04:53 AM
George the picture I provided is the course we plan to support. However there may be a "shortened" course for the p1 superstock panther class from my understanding. If Martin has plans otherwise I an unaware of it at this point, but I recommend you give him a call if you have questions regarding specifics about p1. I hope you will consider joining us in August!
DJ

600sci
07-16-2011, 06:27 AM
MD

I think, u think to much...lol :boobflash::rofl:

scottc
07-16-2011, 06:43 AM
MD

Randy, we should be there Friday morning. We will have both motorhomes and be cooking all day for the dinner. We would love to have you next to us! Party on dude!!!!!!!

XtremeRacing
07-16-2011, 08:24 AM
George the picture I provided is the course we plan to support. However there may be a "shortened" course for the p1 superstock panther class from my understanding. If Martin has plans otherwise I an unaware of it at this point, but I recommend you give him a call if you have questions regarding specifics about p1. I hope you will consider joining us in August!
DJ

If you are or anyone else in planning to run a different course wouldnt u need a coast guard permit in advance ??

jonesn'
07-16-2011, 08:55 AM
Frank I could be wrong but I think we are covered for everything within the boundaries of our permit. Jeff handles that on our end and I know he has been in constant contact with the Sector regarding changes this year!

XtremeRacing
07-16-2011, 09:07 AM
Great sounds good

jonesn'
07-16-2011, 09:16 AM
Here is an overhead shot of the dry-pits(waterfront). We shut down 4th-9th street from Arendell St to the water as needed. In between 6th and 7th we have nearly that whole block which includes the large parking lot and the field, otherwise we are on the streets. Just to give you a reference point, Jeff's bar, Jack's Waterfront Bar, is the building under the word "Evans St"....this is our "base of operations"! Plug in the following address into your GPS and that will bring you right to the pits.....513 Evans St. Morehead City, NC 28557

jonesn'
07-16-2011, 09:48 AM
The boat ramp is just a short hop over the highrise bridge, it is a brand new city ramp that just opened in the spring! I also included the route to the cranes as well as the area where the spectators will be on the port and start/fisnish line on the course for reference. Hope this helps guys!

jonesn'
07-16-2011, 02:40 PM
Great sounds good

Good enough to come? Just kidding man, I'm aware of your situation. But please know that as far as we are concerned there are no lines drawn in the sand, EVERYONE is welcome to race here! We just want to put on a great race!!

DJ

TYPHOON
07-17-2011, 10:44 AM
Are there other races that weekend?

scottc
07-17-2011, 11:56 AM
Are there other races that weekend?

A clear weekend as I have seen! See you there!

TYPHOON
07-17-2011, 07:35 PM
Mark and Frank it would be great to race you guys in Morehead. I believe OSS and P1 are neutral ground. I remember racing SBI several times last year. It would be nice to see some recipication.

jonesn'
07-18-2011, 12:46 PM
Schleussberg,

I will be on vacation that week, Larry was setting the boat to turn!!!

Hope you guys have a great event and can get the "Angry" one down there.

Wil

Thanks for the well wishes Wil! Enjoy your vacation! Typhoon, Time Bandit, Octane (simmons), who else might we see? I know Team Purrrrfect and two other teams from the north are coming to run OSS plus about 5 "local" boats and Ryan has a few of the s-class boats coming.

Wil Ros
07-18-2011, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the well wishes Wil! Enjoy your vacation! Typhoon, Time Bandit, Octane (simmons), who else might we see? I know Team Purrrrfect and two other teams from the north are coming to run OSS plus about 5 "local" boats and Ryan has a few of the s-class boats coming.

The Pirates, SVL 21, will most likely be there also. I hear rummors that there might be an angry *** that might show up also.

It will be a blast for sure!!!

Good luck!!

I would love to see Imco go up there to keep everybody honest.

Wil

imco offshore
07-18-2011, 02:58 PM
would you drive ?

Wil Ros
07-18-2011, 03:17 PM
I wish Georgie, I am on vacation that week with my parents and daughter. You and Jimmy should go for sure. It would be very interesting to see your boat on the outside lane sweeping those turns!!!

Wil

TYPHOON
07-18-2011, 03:25 PM
how much do you all think the National Guarde boat weigh's? It might fit into the P1 SVL class HP/Weight. Who has there number?
MD

Wil Ros
07-18-2011, 03:44 PM
Larry spoke to the guys from the National guard boat and they told him they can run with the SVLs if they prop for it. In P1 , I would think it would work. They have a super Cat engine in it.

Wil

Dunbar 104
07-18-2011, 03:56 PM
how much do you all think the National Guarde boat weigh's? It might fit into the P1 SVL class HP/Weight. Who has there number?
MD

Read your rule book Randy. Says max hp 570, and max rpm of 5800. I guess it would be ok if its an exhibition race.

Wil Ros
07-18-2011, 04:55 PM
Read your rule book Randy. Says max hp 570, and max rpm of 5800. I guess it would be ok if its an exhibition race.

Mark,

I tell you the truth , I have not read the P1 rulebook but If what you are saying is there. Whats the HP to weight ratio idea come from? What that rule is describing is a Vortec with 200 more RPMs. I am confused now.

Wil

TYPHOON
07-18-2011, 06:16 PM
Has anyone called these teams about the Morehead race? Maybe they dont know they can race there.

TYPHOON
07-18-2011, 06:22 PM
Mark you must be one happy camper you sold your boat and dont have to deal with racing any more. Not sure why you still come on here and post negative stuff still:huh:. I always enjoyed racing your team. Can the rest of us move on being we still enjoy racing our boats where we do. Thanks in advance.
MD

TYPHOON
07-18-2011, 06:32 PM
The rule is to allow the Illmore motor in the mix. It runs at 5800 RPM and is aprox the same HP as the Vortec and Merc. 525. Its the first year and the teams that are racing in P1 SVS (SVL) want as many teams as possable to race against. We realize its not perfect but are willing to be flexable to gain momentum. Its not up to me or the racers to make or change any rules. Martin and APBA make those calls. They are always willing to listen to the racers and if being flexable is OK with the core teams that support the org then we dont see any harm. I hope that makes sence. Bring the compatition I say. We are all having a blast.
MD

imco offshore
07-18-2011, 07:14 PM
so it would be ok to run a Merc 525 (basic) or Vortec (basic) or Illmore (basic) ENGINES in P-1 and ALL turn 5800 rpm,s and ALL boats weigh 4750 lbs, for now ? This is a serious question ,,Is this what will be allowed ? PS CAN i ASK WHAT IS THE LENGHT OF A LAP ?

jonesn'
07-18-2011, 07:48 PM
George the course as shown is about 5 1/2 miles...the only modifications I have been in any discussions about, other than the match racing course for saturday, is to shorten the turn 2 leg by about 100 yards which should still be in the neighborhood of 5 miles. Jeff and I talked about this over the weekend and that is the latest to the best of my knowledge!

TYPHOON
07-18-2011, 07:53 PM
The rest of the class that is racing now has a gentalman's agreement to keep there motors and ECM's stock. If someone showed up with a 5800 RPM ECM yes it would be leagal. You probualy would have to eat sleep and park by yourself. If someone shows up with a Illmore motor then the rest will have the option to crank there's up. We are just trying to keep the cost down for all till that day.
Race course I have no idea at this point. I would think the same as what Jones'n has posted.
These are just my thoughts and have no official weight.

XtremeRacing
07-18-2011, 08:46 PM
They would have to be about 6500 to be legal.

imco offshore
07-18-2011, 08:59 PM
They would have to be about 6500 to be legal.

who ?

XtremeRacing
07-18-2011, 09:05 PM
Natioanal Gurad if it is weight to HP, the way I understand it they r almost 800 hp.

600sci
07-18-2011, 09:46 PM
Natioanal Gurad if it is weight to HP, the way I understand it they r almost 800 hp.

its a supercat engine ...and it was dynoed..at 825 HP at 7200 RPM

so at 5800 it would not make 700 RPM

but it is 100% supercat, 13:1 compression !

imco offshore
07-18-2011, 10:49 PM
George the course as shown is about 5 1/2 miles...the only modifications I have been in any discussions about, other than the match racing course for saturday, is to shorten the turn 2 leg by about 100 yards which should still be in the neighborhood of 5 miles. Jeff and I talked about this over the weekend and that is the latest to the best of my knowledge!

thanks for answering,,the reason i keep asking is ,,in some previous post it was said p-1 races on a 2 mile course,,which in turn incured a lot of boat banging and spin-outs ,,neither of which ,i,m real fond of,, I hear Morehead is a great race site ,,I just would like to know what course p-1 is racing ? thanks for everyones time ,,

Dunbar 104
07-18-2011, 10:57 PM
Mark you must be one happy camper you sold your boat and dont have to deal with racing any more. Not sure why you still come on here and post negative stuff still:huh:. I always enjoyed racing your team. Can the rest of us move on being we still enjoy racing our boats where we do. Thanks in advance.
MD

No Randy I am sad we sold our race boat. I just saw it becoming obsolete rather quickly. I just saw losing $25,000 this year a better deal than losing $50,000 next year. I just can't take the lack of racing mentality going on. I read the rule book for P1 that you claim is going to save offshore racing, and I don't see how a super cat motor is legal, yet your saying bring it on? So what did I miss? Is it ok because its a turd and can't win? Is it because it may be legal this week cause we need boat count, but what happens when one shows up that can win? Any drive is legal now correct? So what happened to you, Randy? And now racing is more about show boating, and look at me I am a boat racer, rather than racing. boring!!! SO is it just Tuesdays we play by the rules? and Friday is all about the show? and Sunday Obama style Participation checks. got it

And by the way you can't buy a 570hp Ilmor any more, so when the 625 ILMOR is legal then sealed 525s are what... OBSOLETE, unless it came from Fountian Motor Works....... than what?

Read your rule book Randy.

Maybe I want to build a new boat?

Sean Stinson
07-19-2011, 07:56 AM
Mark instead of going rounds with Randy I would contact Mike Tomlinson he is the chief referee and just sent me the rules that pertain to all the classes!!!!!

600sci
07-19-2011, 08:44 AM
everybody needs to stop theyr crying..and just go racing !

Dunbar 104
07-19-2011, 09:29 AM
Mark instead of going rounds with Randy I would contact Mike Tomlinson he is the chief referee and just sent me the rules that pertain to all the classes!!!!!

I am just reading from the rule book. I started looking in the rule book back in 09 when this started. I still can't find the clause were if it looks like the other boats in the class its ok to race, but don't win rule.

Dunbar 104
07-19-2011, 10:03 AM
Mark,

I tell you the truth , I have not read the P1 rulebook but If what you are saying is there. Whats the HP to weight ratio idea come from? What that rule is describing is a Vortec with 200 more RPMs. I am confused now.

Wil

P1 is 5800 rpm limit no matter what

Oss svl merc 5450 and the vortec 5650 cause I guess no alum head and less ci for the vortec

Sbi was the same till they said just not going to check them. Might still be in the rule book.

Ever find that guy in the red shirt yet?

Sean Stinson
07-19-2011, 05:46 PM
everybody needs to stop theyr crying..and just go racing !

AMEN
:beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5:

heater63
07-19-2011, 11:39 PM
only one person crying here and he doesnt even race anymore

imco offshore
07-20-2011, 11:36 AM
I don,t see crying ( YET ) just some very real valid points ,,what do you think will happen to all the current svl,s when a ,30' ILLMORE POWERED ,IMCO SCX BIG SHAFT MULTI-STEP BOAT shows up...that gentelmen sh1t goes out the window,,and racing becomes ,,every man for himself ,,AGAIN,,,,I,M not saying what is right and whats wrong,,just ,,THE RULES ARE THE RULES ,,THAT YOU ELECTED TO RACE BY,,, I know for a fact you have got someone comming to RACE ,,,and that gentelmen stuff will be laughed at,,,ya wanna race ,,lets race !! and eating alone,,,,hell it,s been proven
a free baked potato and some liqueur,,alls forgotten!!!

TYPHOON
07-21-2011, 08:22 PM
I think we may end up with 6 plus boats in the SVS class. Talked to most of the teams and everyone is excited. :USA:

jonesn'
07-22-2011, 06:50 AM
I think we may end up with 6 plus boats in the SVS class. Talked to most of the teams and everyone is excited. :USA:

And we still have a month to go....it's going to be a GREAT weekend!!

Sean Stinson
07-24-2011, 08:14 PM
I don,t see crying ( YET ) just some very real valid points ,,what do you think will happen to all the current svl,s when a ,30' ILLMORE POWERED ,IMCO SCX BIG SHAFT MULTI-STEP BOAT shows up...that gentelmen sh1t goes out the window,,and racing becomes ,,every man for himself ,,AGAIN,,,,I,M not saying what is right and whats wrong,,just ,,THE RULES ARE THE RULES ,,THAT YOU ELECTED TO RACE BY,,, I know for a fact you have got someone comming to RACE ,,,and that gentelmen stuff will be laughed at,,,ya wanna race ,,lets race !! and eating alone,,,,hell it,s been proven
a free baked potato and some liqueur,,alls forgotten!!!

George you show up and I will put a driver in the boat for you!!!!!!

TYPHOON
07-26-2011, 05:30 PM
News flash !!! I need DRIVER FOR MORHEAD!!!! $1500 for the seat and a good attitude will due it. Colby cant make it. I have a couple of interested already but need comitments. Either way Typhoon will be there even if I have to put Trophy in. :USA:

scottc
07-27-2011, 08:02 AM
News flash !!! I need DRIVER FOR MORHEAD!!!! $1500 for the seat and a good attitude will due it. Colby cant make it. I have a couple of interested already but need comitments. Either way Typhoon will be there even if I have to put Trophy in. :USA:

Don't have cash but still have some shine from Biloxi!!!!!

jonesn'
07-27-2011, 06:49 PM
Link to the latest from P1 USA including tentative race schedule.

http://www.p1superstock.com/news/mark-your-calendars-crystal-coast-grand-prix

Sean Stinson
07-27-2011, 09:20 PM

I will be there if you need me in a pinch buddy!!!

Bilgerat
07-28-2011, 12:35 PM

I'd like to do that and I am sure Simmons would like to race against me. Can you cover me for the $1500 and take it out of my half the winnings at the end of the weekend?

Bilgerat
07-28-2011, 12:37 PM
I do love the way that Typhoon runs. But I think Jim said he was in there before and its a touch tight. I'm 6'2" with no helmet......or shoes.

Bilgerat
07-28-2011, 12:43 PM
Is there any area on your boat for a temporary Sponsor sticker? SO i can get some funds?

TYPHOON
07-28-2011, 04:01 PM
Plenty of room for sponsors if thats what it takes to get someone in.

jonesn'
07-29-2011, 06:47 PM
Who is coming to challenge Dan in the evo class...Brett and Billy? Bill? Anyone else?

Sean Stinson
07-29-2011, 09:48 PM
I had some conversations with a well known Evo from Long Island

Ratickle
07-30-2011, 02:16 PM
I'd like to do that and I am sure Simmons would like to race against me. Can you cover me for the $1500 and take it out of my half the winnings at the end of the weekend?

:D:D:D

I'm sure he'd get a schitpot full of those kind of offers......

600sci
07-30-2011, 07:17 PM

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

jonesn'
08-06-2011, 03:25 PM
The following hotels are partnered with the CCGP and are offering special racer rates for the weekend, please give them a call to make your reservations as soon as possible!

DJ

Sheraton Atlantic Beach Oceanfront Hotel
2717 W. Fort Macon Road
Atlantic Beach, NC 28512
1‐800‐624‐8875 / (252)‐240‐1155

Quality Inn
3100 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC
252‐247‐3434 *mention racer rate

Hampton Inn
4035 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC
252‐240‐2300 *mention racer rate

Ratickle
08-06-2011, 08:16 PM
The following hotels are partnered with the CCGP and are offering special racer rates for the weekend, please give them a call to make your reservations as soon as possible!

DJ

Sheraton Atlantic Beach Oceanfront Hotel
2717 W. Fort Macon Road
Atlantic Beach, NC 28512
1‐800‐624‐8875 / (252)‐240‐1155

Quality Inn
3100 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC
252‐247‐3434 *mention racer rate

Hampton Inn
4035 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC
252‐240‐2300 *mention racer rate

Which one has the best view of the course?????

Specially turns coming toward the shore....

Donskihp
08-06-2011, 10:03 PM
I always stay at the Hampton Inn, which has waterfront view but its really too far up the road for any boating action. I don't thing any of them are gonna have a race view.

jonesn'
08-07-2011, 05:19 AM
Which one has the best view of the course?????

Specially turns coming toward the shore....

Unfortunately none! The Sheraton (beachfront) and Hampton (soundfront) are both on the water but the race course is too far away to view from there. All are a 5-10 minute drive from the dry pits/state port....there are no hotels along the MHC waterfront. The best spot to view the race is by far at the NC State Port, you can see the entire race course!

DJ

TYPHOON
08-09-2011, 06:08 PM
Worked on getting more air in the cock pit,getting fuel out of the boat,fixing the trailor,pulled the seats out and now a better way to mount movable weight. Does any one know what size laps the SVS will be racing? Speed or excleration is the next set up question our team has. We have never been there so we have no idea of water conditions.
The whole team is driving down Thur. after work in the Dog Pound motor home. We have some poker planned,arm restling,video TV and just a little drinking for all but the poor fool that will be driving us. I feel like we are going to the worlds. This may be better being its only halph the distance and a fraction of the cost. :26::26:
MD

TYPHOON
08-09-2011, 06:12 PM
After removing my seat we noticed it was broke in half. The fiber glass cracked clean threw. I knew I snapped it at Detroit. And some people think we are staging races!!!:driving: I need to order a new seat from Jegs.
MD

scottc
08-09-2011, 07:23 PM
After removing my seat we noticed it was broke in half. The fiber glass cracked clean threw. I knew I snapped it at Detroit. And some people think we are staging races!!!:driving: I need to order a new seat from Jegs.
MD

Just strap down a milk crate and go for it!!!!
We are driving down Thursday night @6-7ish also. Might see ya somewhere!!!!

jonesn'
08-09-2011, 10:39 PM
Just over a week to go! If your team is planning to race with us please let me know your pit space requirements and arrival time(estimated) asap! You can send me a PM or email me at djones952@ec.rr.com It’s going to be a great weekend! Thanks in advance!
DJ

XtremeRacing
08-11-2011, 07:46 PM
Worked on getting more air in the cock pit,getting fuel out of the boat,fixing the trailor,pulled the seats out and now a better way to mount movable weight. Does any one know what size laps the SVS will be racing? Speed or excleration is the next set up question our team has. We have never been there so we have no idea of water conditions.
The whole team is driving down Thur. after work in the Dog Pound motor home. We have some poker planned,arm restling,video TV and just a little drinking for all but the poor fool that will be driving us. I feel like we are going to the worlds. This may be better being its only halph the distance and a fraction of the cost. :26::26:
MD

Randy,

Its usually ones to two depending on the tide. The only spot you have to be careful is the far end by the inlet that can get a little rough or confused. You shoud be able to sweep the turn coming into the wall without lifting same with the right hand dog leg heading towards the inlet.

heater63
08-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Go get em Randy!!!!!!!

Taboo
08-12-2011, 06:09 PM
Team Taboo will be there Thur. night. Looking forward to our first run this year.

TYPHOON
08-12-2011, 06:37 PM
Great to see Taboo back on the race course!!! Doug, Im ALL IN. tomarrow we are testing the boat and then getting on the road Thur. :party:
MD

Ratickle
08-12-2011, 07:44 PM
Thought I'd gotten back to Randy soon enough, he already had a driver though.......

Maybe next time.....

Good luck, chat later......

TYPHOON
08-14-2011, 05:45 PM
Put the boat in the water yesterday at a function to make sure it was running good. I think my crank sensor went and we have no spark. Glad it happened there. Next stop Morehead.
MD

jonesn'
08-15-2011, 06:04 PM
Is it Thursday yet!? Dotting the "i's" and crossing the "t's"!

XtremeRacing
08-22-2011, 06:43 AM
Any results...?

jonesn'
08-22-2011, 08:51 AM
Unofficially I have Pirate, Typhoon, Octane overall

600sci
08-23-2011, 03:00 PM
I WAS IMPRESSED WITH PIRATE RACING , CUDOS...GREAT JOB , nice to see them win and i have to say I NEVER SEEN THAT BOAT RUN THAT GOOD !!!!!!
:boobflash:

imco offshore
08-23-2011, 03:16 PM
they are good people ,,congrats to the whole team,,miss hanging with them,,

jonesn'
08-23-2011, 04:39 PM
Wow! 11 races in two days!! What a great weekend! I can't thank the teams who made it enough, you guys raced your butts off for two whole days and still had smiles on your faces! It was great to finally meet the "new" teams to Morehead and equally as great to see the return of some veterans! Thanks again!

DJ

Ratickle
08-23-2011, 08:07 PM
they are good people ,,congrats to the whole team,,miss hanging with them,,

They keep working on it. They've had so many little gremlins they fought it's good to see them finish strong. It's a fast boat when dialed in.

imco offshore
08-24-2011, 07:45 AM
that boat was bad fast,,it put many boats on the trailer scratching their heads,,,too many people with new ideas , changed it ,,looks like they found their own set-up,,good job,,

Wil Ros
08-24-2011, 08:42 AM
Congratulations to the Pirate team on their win. The best people in offshore. They race for the right reasons.

Wil

jonesn'
08-24-2011, 04:00 PM
Pirate ran awesome all weekend, they were fast in all three heats!

jonesn'
08-24-2011, 05:00 PM
I can't forget to give credit to Scott and Joe Cascio and family for a fantastic spaghetti dinner on Saturday night, it was Purrfect! Thanks guys!

Wahoo 214
08-25-2011, 09:20 AM
Are there any results yet?

scottc
08-25-2011, 11:22 AM
I can't forget to give credit to Scott and Joe Cascio and family for a fantastic spaghetti dinner on Saturday night, it was Purrfect! Thanks guys!

When up this way, give us a call!!!
The work involved in this event was big and very well done for sure! Thanks for all the help and support.
Did you eat your crab cakes yet!!!!

jonesn'
08-26-2011, 06:34 PM
When up this way, give us a call!!!
The work involved in this event was big and very well done for sure! Thanks for all the help and support.
Did you eat your crab cakes yet!!!!

Yes sir, they were awesome....thank you and your family for your hospitality! Hope you guys weather the storm ok on your end!! Talk to you soon!

DJ

Ratickle
08-26-2011, 07:22 PM
David, Do you have any official results yet?

And how are you fairing in the hurricane turmoil?

600sci
08-26-2011, 08:47 PM

X-cat = Ryan 1st, Gary B. 2nd
SVL = Pirate, Typhoon, Simmons
P4 = Simmons, Purrfect, ??????????
Unlimited = Bill Mazoni, Jacks

and the rest i forgot and is actually not really worth it ...lol:rolleyes:

OH, and i got first overall..since i didnt spend a dime !!!!!!!!

jonesn'
08-27-2011, 04:08 PM

I don't have the"official" numbers but from my perspective it goes like this
Cat outboard/SS
1. S-1 Gary Ballough
2. S-111 Ryan Beckley

SVS/SVL
1.Pirate
2.Typhoon
3.Octane

OSS P-4
1.Simmons
2.Team Purrfect
3.NSF
4.Jack's

EVO/SV
1. M&M Partners (Taboo)
2.Scream Machine

Still getting pounded with winds and rain, she just won't go away! No damage personally though...thanks for asking!! Hope everyone to the north stays safe! This beotch is no joke!

600sci
08-27-2011, 04:31 PM
I thought Ryan won the race and Gary was second...:confused:

jonesn'
08-27-2011, 05:23 PM
I thought Ryan won the race and Gary was second...:confused:

I could be wrong but I had Gary taking 2/3 heats for the overall win.

600sci
08-27-2011, 11:10 PM
I could be wrong but I had Gary taking 2/3 heats for the overall win.

oh...maybe im wrong..sorry.

anyhow.. how are u up there ??? hope your fine !

jonesn'
08-31-2011, 07:43 AM
We made it through ok at my house and Jacks only had some water come in with the surge...all and all we got lucky on a personal level, some folks have major damage from both wind and water...most everyone has power back on with the exception of the eastern part of the county where many people lost everything! Thanks for thinking of us!!

DJ

Ratickle
08-31-2011, 08:24 AM
We made it through ok at my house and Jacks only had some water come in with the surge...all and all we got lucky on a personal level, some folks have major damage from both wind and water...most everyone has power back on with the exception of the eastern part of the county where many people lost everything! Thanks for thinking of us!!

DJ

Good to hear you guys came through okay......

How high do you think the surge was at your place total from normal sea level?

jonesn'
08-31-2011, 06:12 PM
In some places it was as high as 10 feet but on average it was more like 4-6 feet, just depended on your location!

600sci
08-31-2011, 08:49 PM
In some places it was as high as 10 feet but on average it was more like 4-6 feet, just depended on your location!

El's and Jerry's house OK ? are they ....he wont even text me back !! :confused:

Ratickle
09-01-2011, 07:56 AM

Thanks. Nice to hear firsthand vs TV....