PDA

View Full Version : Madison SVL run

TYPHOON
07-04-2011, 04:44 PM
On Sat morning there was a hour of testing on the short course. It was 1.7 miles oval. The same course the Hydros were running on at 200 MPH. SVL heat 1 on Sat was a 5 lap shoot out that Typhoon got to the pin first and held the inside lane. Pirates were out running us on the outside but had more distance to cover. On the last lap Typhoon squeezed out a 3 boat win. Octane was running the Crocket and just getting the feel of the boat and didnt fair so well. Heat 2 on Sun Another great start and Typhoon excellerated to turn one first again. Octain and Pirate got there at the same time and had a small bump off each other but kept there speed up. Again Pirates boat cought us and we bobbled a turn on the inside lane and they pulled a 3 boat lead which they siezed the opertunity and won the heat followed by Typhoon. The 3rd heat the Octane boat had the pole and beat us all to turn one leaving Typhoon in the middle and Pirates on the out side. Pirates pushing hard to keep speed on the out side almost lost it twice but recovered. Octain was checking out by 6 boat lengths and Typhoon and Pirates were batteling for 2nd. Next thing I know they were gone and did a major spinout ending there day. No damage was done and we are all ready for Detroit for next week. I understand Time Bandit will be in the house and looking for Possably the Doc and anyone else. The more the boats the bigger the purse. Martin delivered on everything he said including free rooms for the race team.
MD

imco offshore
07-04-2011, 04:59 PM
(quote) Martin sent out the racers packet today and it looks very impressive. Aprox $40,000 in purse money...
just asking ,,how was the purse devided out,,,between u 3 ,,?

Ratickle
07-04-2011, 06:44 PM
Are you heading home and then back to Detroit Randy?

And congrats to all three of you, each with a heat win.

XtremeRacing
07-04-2011, 07:06 PM
Sounds like some exciting racing. Good luck to you all in Detroit.

TYPHOON
07-04-2011, 08:15 PM
Before the race the class wanted to split the purse equaly So thats how we did it.
MD

imco offshore
07-05-2011, 09:24 AM
So does that mean you each got 13,333.33 ,,,,? good job,,,

Bilgerat
07-05-2011, 09:36 AM
So does that mean you each got 13,333.33 ,,,,? good job,,,

Guess I need to find one of these boats. How many P1 events left, I have a individual who is interested in sponsoring a boat, If we can make over 10k at each event and get the rest of the season in, he may jump at that little investment.

Bilgerat
07-05-2011, 09:49 AM
On Sat morning there was a hour of testing on the short course. It was 1.7 miles oval. The same course the Hydros were running on at 200 MPH. SVL heat 1 on Sat was a 5 lap shoot out that Typhoon got to the pin first and held the inside lane. Pirates were out running us on the outside but had more distance to cover. On the last lap Typhoon squeezed out a 3 boat win. Octane was running the Crocket and just getting the feel of the boat and didnt fair so well. Heat 2 on Sun Another great start and Typhoon excellerated to turn one first again. Octain and Pirate got there at the same time and had a small bump off each other but kept there speed up. Again Pirates boat cought us and we bobbled a turn on the inside lane and they pulled a 3 boat lead which they siezed the opertunity and won the heat followed by Typhoon. The 3rd heat the Octane boat had the pole and beat us all to turn one leaving Typhoon in the middle and Pirates on the out side. Pirates pushing hard to keep speed on the out side almost lost it twice but recovered. Octain was checking out by 6 boat lengths and Typhoon and Pirates were batteling for 2nd. Next thing I know they were gone and did a major spinout ending there day. No damage was done and we are all ready for Detroit for next week. I understand Time Bandit will be in the house and looking for Possably the Doc and anyone else. The more the boats the bigger the purse. Martin delivered on everything he said including free rooms for the race team.
MD

Three boats, Three heats, Three different winners ? That is exciting stuff !! and a check for $13,333.33 Put me in coach.............

Whoz Your Daddy
07-05-2011, 11:54 AM
Three boats, Three heats, Three different winners ? That is exciting stuff !! and a check for $13,333.33 Put me in coach.............

Sounds like a great time and great racing

jonesn'
07-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Guess I need to find one of these boats. How many P1 events left, I have a individual who is interested in sponsoring a boat, If we can make over 10k at each event and get the rest of the season in, he may jump at that little investment.

4...Detroit this weekend, Morehead City 19-21 August, followed by Houston and San Diego.

TYPHOON
07-05-2011, 02:31 PM
Jonesn, Whats the best airport for your race in NC?

jonesn'
07-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Randy there is a local municipal airport about 5 minutes from the pits, however they do not have commercial service...for commercial airline service the closest will be New Bern (EWN) which is about a 30 minute drive. Look forward to meeting you and if you have any other questions feel free to give me or Jeff a call, my cell is 252-723-1799.

DJ