PDA

View Full Version : NICE !!!!!!!! WOW

600sci
03-22-2011, 01:37 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Offshore Powerboat Association Joins SBI in New York
Teams Race On The Hudson September 8th – 10th, 2011
KEY WEST, FL (March 22, 2011) –Super Boat International (SBI) is excited about this year’s 21st Annual New York Super Boat Grand Prix (Tribute to the 10th anniversary of 9-11) coming September 8th – 10th. Joining Super Boat International in New York will be race teams from the Offshore Powerboat Association (OPA). SBI has struck an agreement with OPA that entitles members of OPA to submit their entries and participate in the 21st Annual New York Grand Prix.
OPA race teams will run under the SBI rules and regulations and participate in the appropriate size classes. All teams will race for cash prizes and Super Boat trophies. Super Boat International races on the Hudson River between New Jersey and Manhattan from the Statue of Liberty up to Chelsea Pier. Super Boat is the only organization for which the United States Coast Guard and New York Port Authority actually closes the Hudson River down during the event. River travel is closed to through traffic during the final day’s race.
Owner of Super Boat International, John Carbonell, continues to produce marquee offshore race events around the United States and New York is one such event. “We have raced here in New York for 20 years and, ever since 9-11, this race holds a special meaning to us and our race teams. I believe any team who wants to come race with us here and honor those involved in 9-11 should do so.”
This year’s event will again pay tribute to the families and friends and those involved in 9-11. Every year following the tragic 9-11 attack, Super Boat has been committed to return and produce an Offshore Powerboat race on the Hudson. “Teams and fans enjoy coming here racing with the beautiful city of New York as the backdrop,” says Carbonell. “The river actually produces a very challenging course for teams similar to normal [wave action] in typical offshore races.”
We look forward to seeing all Super Boat and OPA members in New York this September.
About Super Boat International
Super Boat International (SBI) is the longest running professional offshore racing organization in North America. SBI President and Founder, John Carbonell produces races, kilo speed events and distance attempts all across the United States, South America and the Bahamas. In 2011, Super Boat International moves into the 4th decade of running the famed Key West World Championships.

Wazzup Racing
03-22-2011, 02:26 PM
Yep, :driving:

AugiePensa
03-23-2011, 11:54 AM
YEAH, which means yer all coming to The Jersey Boyz Backyard!

600sci
03-23-2011, 12:17 PM
YEAH, which means lets see how many of the OPA guys really show up ???
I would hope for a lot .....but i hoped that before...:smash:

AugiePensa
03-23-2011, 01:20 PM
YEAH, which means lets see how many of the OPA guys really show up ???
I would hope for a lot .....but i hoped that before...:smash:

See, now there lies the problem...you hoped in the past! The Boyz and OPA weren't racing with SBI...Smitty and I signed the contract with Bubba, :kiss:hence, you "They" :bday:will be coming to The Jersey Boyz Backyard.:cheers2: Now ya don't have to hope! :party:

XtremeRacing
03-23-2011, 01:38 PM
Augie, do us guys from down south need a passport or are u going to give us a kitchen pass?

AugiePensa
03-23-2011, 01:54 PM
Youse guy's got a pass on this race! I feel we're gonna have a great turnout from everybody for the 10 year anniversary of 911. Support SBI and Remember The Fallen HEROS, It don't get better than that!

600sci
03-23-2011, 02:55 PM
Youse guy's got a pass on this race! I feel we're gonna have a great turnout from everybody for the 10 year anniversary of 911. Support SBI and Remember The Fallen HEROS, It don't get better than that!

I AGREE !!!!!!!:hurray: