PDA

View Full Version : Saber. Built from the original Apache 41' and 47' molds

Disturbed35cafe
03-02-2011, 10:26 PM
Still the best big water riding Boat. Both the 41' and 47' original Apache molds have been completely restored. We can build a bare hull and deck, a complete running boat or anything in between. Made from modern composites with a balsa core or old school Kevlar and wood. We can also engineer steps into them if you would like. www.saberboats.com. PM me or call at 989-233-0878 for info.

Pat Doyle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyR_ptdLh7M
41 in action! Check it out.

Offshore Ginger
03-02-2011, 11:11 PM
So Pat , help me read between the lines if you will ........ Pat are you stating that you now ......are the new owner of the old Sabre mold's that were originally the old 41/47 Apache molds that Sabre owned considering your location is Bay City Mich with a 989 area code and are you actually building the boats in Bay City Mich or are the boats still being built at Sabre & you are somewhat of spokes person for Sabre marine and Doug G ? Hey guy , does that now mean that boats are going to be built using all composites such as Epoxy ,S&E Glass , Carbon Fiber , Kevlar , along with being vacumed bagged ? Pat to tell you the truth when you talk about old school Kevlar i do not understand just what you are really trying to say because no matter which way you look at it Kevlar is a very pricey fabric with only a few Boat Co's using it in there build .

MOBILEMERCMAN
03-03-2011, 12:27 AM
He states Modern OR old school.

600sci
03-03-2011, 02:00 AM
How much $ would a 41 hull and deck, ready for rigging be? I am thinking modern foamcore with Kevlar and solid wood transom, covergirl cabin and full staggered 6 pack with 6 fuel cells. 2 of them in the center of the cabin under the floor.

boatme
03-03-2011, 06:46 AM
Spring must be coming

fund razor
03-03-2011, 07:23 AM
Still the best big water riding Boat. Both the 41' and 47' original Apache molds have been completely restored. We can build a bare hull and deck, a complete running boat or anything in between. Made from modern composites with a balsa core or old school Kevlar and wood. We can also engineer steps into them if you would like. www.saberboats.com. PM me or call at 989-233-0878 for info.

Pat Doyle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyR_ptdLh7M
41 in action! Check it out.

I had to count to see if the word "Apache" appeared more than the word "Saber." It was a tie, thanks to the website. :)

Disturbed35cafe
03-03-2011, 10:30 AM
So Pat , help me read between the lines if you will ........ Pat are you stating that you now ......are the new owner of the old Sabre mold's that were originally the old 41/47 Apache molds that Sabre owned considering your location is Bay City Mich with a 989 area code and are you actually building the boats in Bay City Mich or are the boats still being built at Sabre & you are somewhat of spokes person for Sabre marine and Doug G ? Hey guy , does that now mean that boats are going to be built using all composites such as Epoxy ,S&E Glass , Carbon Fiber , Kevlar , along with being vacumed bagged ? Pat to tell you the truth when you talk about old school Kevlar i do not understand just what you are really trying to say because no matter which way you look at it Kevlar is a very pricey fabric with only a few Boat Co's using it in there build .

No need to read between any lines. I work with Doug. Saber is still in Grand Rapids and I live in Bay City. This post here is just to point out for those who don't know that we have the Apache molds. Saber is a custom builder and able to use most any process and materials.

Disturbed35cafe
03-03-2011, 10:31 AM
How much $ would a 41 hull and deck, ready for rigging be? I am thinking modern foamcore with Kevlar and solid wood transom, covergirl cabin and full staggered 6 pack with 6 fuel cells. 2 of them in the center of the cabin under the floor.

PM or give me a call. 989-233-0878

rschap1
03-03-2011, 10:37 AM
Cool videos
Cool rigs
Saber is down by Turner and Ann Street now, right?

Just watched the Eliminator "Viper" boat stuffing video too.
BoatMe, you got some COOL stuff there ! ! !

Disturbed35cafe
03-03-2011, 10:42 AM
Cool videos
Cool rigs

Yes its is. Stop and say hi to Doug.

fund razor
03-03-2011, 11:16 AM
Since this is the Apache manufacturer section, I'll hazard an Apache question: who's 41 and 47 molds does Mark McManus have?
He still makes splashes of Apaches too, I think.

Disturbed35cafe
03-04-2011, 03:30 PM
Since this is the Apache manufacturer section, I'll hazard an Apache question: who's 41 and 47 molds does Mark McManus have?
He still makes splashes of Apaches too, I think.

Truthfully that question would be better answerd by Mark. I know for certain that the 41 was built by Don and the 47 was built by Ben. Both Molds were purchased from the Government then eventually we ended up with them.

600sci
03-04-2011, 05:35 PM
Truthfully that question would be better answerd by Mark. I know for certain that the 41 was built by Don and the 47 was built by Ben. Both Molds were purchased from the Government then eventually we ended up with them.

I think the 41 was build by Ben and he used a 36 mold from Don and he helped him?! Then Ben stretched that with help from Bob and out came the 47!

Disturbed35cafe
03-04-2011, 05:59 PM
I also did not know you call TAKING, purshased? lol

Taking? The goverment may have taken them, but Saber purchased them.

fund razor
03-04-2011, 08:13 PM

You make a good point. But hey, we are in the Apache section. I remember that now. I did know that Saber 41s and Apache 41s were siblings. (photo below) It's been a few years since I heard the story I guess. So, I have to assume that the current Apache brand is new molds.
Here's an Apache 41 and a Saber running together. This is a very special pic that a guy on Lake Erie took. The Chief is the Apache. The red boat is the Saber named Clifford. That's Jerry's boat and he was a beloved guy who passed away last year. Many people knew him and that boat and miss him sorely. This was fall of 2008, I think.

600sci
03-04-2011, 08:27 PM
Taking? The goverment may have taken them, but Saber purchased them.

OH, missread. SORRY!

Disturbed35cafe
03-04-2011, 10:43 PM
You make a good point. But hey, we are in the Apache section. I remember that now. I did know that Saber 41s and Apache 41s were siblings. (photo below) It's been a few years since I heard the story I guess. So, I have to assume that the current Apache brand is new molds.
Here's an Apache 41 and a Saber running together. This is a very special pic that a guy on Lake Erie took. The Chief is the Apache. The red boat is the Saber named Clifford. That's Jerry's boat and he was a beloved guy who passed away last year. Many people knew him and that boat and miss him sorely. This was fall of 2008, I think.

Jerry was a great guy. Word is that the formerly "Wiener Run" may now be a memorial run. I hope it is true. I will be there for sure.

Disturbed35cafe
03-04-2011, 10:45 PM
OH, missread. SORRY!

It happens. no sweat, truely appreciate your input.

Nykamp
03-05-2011, 08:09 AM
Don built the 41 for Ben and Bobby, Mark Mc Manus built the 36 mold for Bobby. There all great boats, 21,24,28,36,41,45,47.And KEMOSABE 47 is the best one.

Nykamp
03-05-2011, 08:26 AM
Saber are also great boats, I have been in some huge waves in Parn's 41 and the last Smoke on the water run in Jerrys they ride sweet, I miss him a ton.

Ratickle
03-05-2011, 01:29 PM
I remember the three Sabers on the northern leg out of Grand Haven and back.

A rough day that one.....

Disturbed35cafe
03-05-2011, 03:04 PM
I remember the three Sabers on the northern leg out of Grand Haven and back.

A rough day that one.....

This day?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jrwdsXN6hk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og3-FIMjB7k&feature=related

Ratickle
03-05-2011, 09:41 PM
This day?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jrwdsXN6hk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og3-FIMjB7k&feature=related

That would be it.......

600sci
03-05-2011, 10:54 PM
Don built the 41 for Ben and Bobby, Mark Mc Manus built the 36 mold for Bobby. There all great boats, 21,24,28,36,41,45,47.And KEMOSABE 47 is the best one.

you forgot the 32 !!!

Nykamp
03-06-2011, 07:57 AM
Bobby used to build a 33.

Disturbed35cafe
03-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Bobby used to build a 33.
Steve,
I don't think iv met anyone who knows as much about apache as u do. Do you remember helping me with the 36 ultimate warrior? Obviouly I didn't buy it, but do u have you heard anything about its current owner and condition? At the time I saw it, it was just too big of a project for me.

600sci
03-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Steve,
I don't think iv met anyone who knows as much about apache as u do. Do you remember helping me with the 36 ultimate warrior? Obviouly I didn't buy it, but do u have you heard anything about its current owner and condition? At the time I saw it, it was just too big of a project for me.

Well, 32...33 thats the one i ment! And Nykamp knows about everything on Apaches, also does Bob S., Sean Stinson and MM!

Nykamp
03-06-2011, 01:56 PM
Bobby restored that 36 from NJ for a guy in the atlanta area, looks like it turned out very nice. I love APACHES, it's a sickness, would love to have more of them someday.

Disturbed35cafe
03-06-2011, 03:50 PM
Well, 32...33 thats the one i ment! And Nykamp knows about everything on Apaches, also does Bob S., Sean Stinson and MM!

True. No disrespect to the others. I've never met any of them yet. Steve helped me find a 36' that fell off the radar in New Jersey.

Disturbed35cafe
03-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Bobby restored that 36 from NJ for a guy in the atlanta area, looks like it turned out very nice. I love APACHES, it's a sickness, would love to have more of them someday.

Do you plan to run Boyne this year? Maybe we'll meet there.

Offshore Ginger
03-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Disturbed 35 Cafe , just curious how is Bay city doing these days considering Saginaw is just about the biggest ( Bun Hole ) - ( Arm Pit ) on that side of the state , and seeing that you guys are just a stone's throw away i thought i would ask ? Hey guy ,to tell you the truth .......over the years i have really missed running the Saginaw River from Lee street ,out to the Saginaw bay , to the Kawkawlin River , or maybe running to Au Gres . Tawas City , or Oscoda , spending the nite , and just having a blast . The Good Ole Days . Ha Ha Ha Ha ...................

Disturbed35cafe
03-06-2011, 04:44 PM
Disturbed 35 Cafe , just curious how is Bay city doing these days considering Saginaw is just about the biggest ( Bun Hole ) - ( Arm Pit ) on that side of the state , and seeing that you guys are just a stone's throw away i thought i would ask ? Hey guy ,to tell you the truth .......over the years i have really missed running the Saginaw River from Lee street ,out to the Saginaw bay , to the Kawkawlin River , or maybe running to Au Gres . Tawas City , or Oscoda , spending the nite , and just having a blast . The Good Ole Days . Ha Ha Ha Ha ...................

Pretty accurate assessment of Saginaw up to this point. We have all been waiting for some stability in the auto industry, thank God for the medical industry. I'm going to be optimistic and say that there may be some slight evidance of stabilty now.

On the bright side of things... You should come here to Bay City during the summer, there is something happening here about every weekend on the waterfront. On a hot summer weekend day there are usually hundreds of boats at the state park (just don't try to walk the beach), and the Saginaw River is like I-75 on a holliday weekend. If ya need more info. just let me know, I'll help anyway I can.

Pat

Offshore Ginger
03-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Pretty accurate assessment of Saginaw up to this point. We have all been waiting for some stability in the auto industry, thank God for the medical industry. I'm going to be optimistic and say that there may be some slight evidance of stabilty now.

On the bright side of things... You should come here to Bay City during the summer, there is something happening here about every weekend on the waterfront. On a hot summer weekend day there are usually hundreds of boats at the state park (just don't try to walk the beach), and the Saginaw River is like I-75 on a holliday weekend. If ya need more info. just let me know, I'll help anyway I can.

PatPat i have friend's and Family living in Bay City , Saginaw , Shields , and Freeland , and vist Saginaw and that area on a monthly basics and would like to run the Saginaw river this summer up to the bay for $hits and giggles . Pat , funny thing we just might know each other in a round about way with out ever meeting ......................:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nykamp
03-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Pat, I probadly won't do Boyne this summer, we had a baby boy 8 months ago. I work a ton, and when not working we go to your cottage up in Branch/Irons area almost every weekend. If the 41 doesn't sell I may start running her again one of these days.

J-Bonz
03-06-2011, 11:10 PM
If the 41 doesn't sell I may start running her again one of these days.

Thats What I like to hear!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

boatme
03-07-2011, 04:45 PM
Cool videos
Cool rigs

Just watched the Eliminator "Viper" boat stuffing video too.
BoatMe, you got some COOL stuff there ! ! !

Much of the stuff is from the event that my Partner Bob and I used to put on (Smoke on the Water Poker Run)

Ahhh the good old days

rschap1
03-08-2011, 09:20 AM
Oh I remember...
I used to come out and watch
Usually in my Powerquest
but one year when I was w/o a big lake boat...

brought the wife and son out in our 18' pontoon, 30hp and all:)
It was still a cool site watching the rigs come and go! ! !

I remember the foggy launch the best...what year was that?
Who/what was the rig that was going to attempt world record on Muskegon lake that same year? Ended up getting cancelled...

FULL FORCE
03-15-2011, 03:56 AM
Jerry was a great guy. Word is that the formerly "Wiener Run" may now be a memorial run. I hope it is true. I will be there for sure.

That is the plan....I miss my pal LJ...

boatme
03-15-2011, 06:44 AM
Oh I remember...
I used to come out and watch
Usually in my Powerquest
but one year when I was w/o a big lake boat...

brought the wife and son out in our 18' pontoon, 30hp and all:)
It was still a cool site watching the rigs come and go! ! !

I remember the foggy launch the best...what year was that?
Who/what was the rig that was going to attempt world record on Muskegon lake that same year? Ended up getting cancelled...

Foggy day was in 2003 here is the vid of the Kilo run attempts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ttIjiH2hZk

TONTO
03-28-2011, 12:54 AM
Mite be "Old School", but I got a wicked 1991 APACHE 41 that was laid up up with Kevlar AND Carbon Fiber that I would put up against any of the "new" stuff in "any" water! Enough Said! Not taking ANYTHING away from SABER, they build a great boat. Parn is probably the best big wave guy up there, he KNOWS!
Bubba

rschap1
03-28-2011, 11:40 AM
Foggy day was in 2003 here is the vid of the Kilo run attempts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ttIjiH2hZk

AWESOME, Thanks
You could really get an idea of the speed from the aerial shots!

Big Cary found its way in a lot of the footages :)

rschap1
03-28-2011, 11:42 AM
So what does Saber have cooking now?
Anything new happening for this summer?