PDA

View Full Version : Favorite supplier of offshore goodies

fund razor
10-17-2008, 10:31 AM
I am going to need some stuff. Drive locks. Nav lights. Battery tie downs. Blower hose. That kind of thing.

Who do you like? I am thinking West Marine won't have too much stuff that I want to put on an apache.

Thanks!:huh:

stecz20
10-17-2008, 10:44 AM
eddie, rex, elite.... take your pick....

youll always have trick marine too.....

Buoy
10-17-2008, 10:46 AM
Go ahead, and plan your trip to the Miami boat show in Feb.
You can pick up all the catalogs and things you need there.
I still have a stack of catalogs under my coffee table.
It's kind of like when you were 9yrs old, and the Christmas catalogs came out.

Chris
10-17-2008, 10:46 AM
Kirk @ Elite

Mike @ Rex Marine

Both are Founders.

Yu may want to hang back for a few weeks- we have a bunch of these guys coming on and several have indicated SO discounts- Kirk already has. Would guess Mike would too.

Tony
10-17-2008, 10:49 AM
Go to a local hardware store for the blower hose, I think I paid about 17 bucks for a 50' box of white. For the other stuff Ive had good luck with Rex and Eddie Marine. I bought a lot of stuff from CP Performance over the winter and I was less than impressed with a few of the things I reccieved. After paying return shipping to CA and a 15% restocking fee on everything I returned they are now last on my list of places to buy from.

Tony
10-17-2008, 10:53 AM
Oh, and just a tidbit of info, whatever your planned budget was for your entire project, go ahead and double that becase that is most likley what will happen.;)

Buoy
10-17-2008, 10:56 AM
Also, make yourself VERY familiar with McMaster-Carr.
www.mcmaster.com
Alot of basic stuff you can buy there much cheaper.
Stainless hardware, nuts, bolts, screws...

fund razor
10-17-2008, 10:58 AM
Oh, and just a tidbit of info, whatever your planned budget was for your entire project, go ahead and double that becase that is most likley what will happen.;)

This is my third resto. (of my own)
I once spent 15 grand doing a 5 grand Wellcraft Nova.
25 grand doing a 15 grand Stinger.

This time I skipped the budget planning process in favor of enjoying the project. I figure.... since the boat is worth it... what the heck.

fund razor
10-17-2008, 10:59 AM
Go to a local hardware store for the blower hose, I think I paid about 17 bucks for a 50' box of white.
Ok, give me the 20 feet that you didn't use. Oh, and one asphalt driveway. Thanks. :D

fund razor
10-17-2008, 11:00 AM
Kirk @ Elite

Mike @ Rex Marine

Both are Founders.

Yu may want to hang back for a few weeks- we have a bunch of these guys coming on and several have indicated SO discounts- Kirk already has. Would guess Mike would too.

Perfect advice. Thanks.
I wanted to go with founders if possible.

cigdaze
10-17-2008, 11:55 AM
For Merc-related stuff, I like BAM. They have an awesome parts lookup system - they basically have all Mercruiser engine and drive package schematic drawings and exploded diagrams online, so you can click on a picture and it'll give you the P/N and assy numbers.
http://www.mercruiserparts.com/SelectProductLine.asp

cigdaze
10-17-2008, 11:57 AM
Of course, Stainless Marine is a favorite.

For miscellaneous boating goodies (not necessarily offshore), I love www.boatfix.com

fund razor
10-17-2008, 12:12 PM
Cool. Thanks Nick.

Chris
10-17-2008, 12:16 PM
2nd on Stainless. Good stuff and Brownie too! Who else in the industry has a living legend doing tech and sales support?

Airpacker
10-17-2008, 01:15 PM
CP performance have bent over backwards getting me parts for my daytona re rig. Brad Anderson has been more than helpful. I know they are not founders but I would think they will be here as supporting venders.

Ratickle
10-17-2008, 08:11 PM
This is my third resto. (of my own)
I once spent 15 grand doing a 5 grand Wellcraft Nova.
25 grand doing a 15 grand Stinger.

This time I skipped the budget planning process in favor of enjoying the project. I figure.... since the boat is worth it... what the heck.

I know what you mean, I've got around $80,000 in the Scorpion. Maybe worth 40.