PDA

View Full Version : New Toy Project

customtouch
01-08-2011, 11:45 AM
I have been working on a new toy for this season. I am hoping to have it done by early spring in time to hit a few of the races. The motor is done and I now have the boat gutted and prepping it for paint. I attached a few pictures and a video of the motor running. It should be a fun ride when it is finished.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRqlyJNRgtQ&feature=youtu.be

Dude! Sweet!
01-10-2011, 06:42 PM
What kind of hull? Followed a guy up the freeway today with a big Cole sticker and the words "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" across the tail gate. Figure he's got to be a sociopath or a dragboat guy... Or both.

Bobcat
01-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Nice !

I think you can get that camaro in the 3 pic a little closer to the nova:sifone:

sweet addiction
01-10-2011, 10:58 PM
:eek:

Nice !

I think you can get that camaro in the 3 pic a little closer to the nova:sifone:

customtouch
01-11-2011, 01:32 AM
What kind of hull? Followed a guy up the freeway today with a big Cole sticker and the words "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" across the tail gate. Figure he's got to be a sociopath or a dragboat guy... Or both.

The hull is a 1979 Cole Tr-2 18' runner bottom. With no hardware in the boat I can lift the hull up off the trailer by myself. It is only about 500 lbs. (medium layup) As far as the sociopath or drag boat racer I think that you are splitting hairs there.:D

customtouch
01-11-2011, 01:43 AM
Nice !

Actually it is a 69 Chevelle not a Nova and he always leaves at least an 1 1/2 between them. :D

MacGyver
01-11-2011, 09:54 AM
Wow, lots of nice hardware in that garage!

Ratickle
01-11-2011, 02:35 PM
That is really cool. Fastest I've ever been on water is a similar setup in a picklefork.....

customtouch
01-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Wow, lots of nice hardware in that garage!

Yes there is and you can't see half of it. Sammy builds some awesome rides and he can squeeze crazy horse power from a motor.

customtouch
01-11-2011, 03:51 PM
That is really cool. Fastest I've ever been on water is a similar setup in a picklefork.....

Thanks. The hydro's will go faster with less power, but I just like the old school hard core ride and looks of a v-drive flatty. I am hoping to have it turning the 1/4 mile somewhere in the tens. Guessing around 105-110 mph. works out great on paper LOL but I will have to see. The racers I have talked to say that it should do that easily.

Mac
01-12-2011, 04:00 PM
Thanks. The hydro's will go faster with less power, but I just like the old school hard core ride and looks of a v-drive flatty. I am hoping to have it turning the 1/4 mile somewhere in the tens. Guessing around 105-110 mph. works out great on paper LOL but I will have to see. The racers I have talked to say that it should do that easily.

David, There are two types of flat bottom drivers , those who have gotten wet,:huh:and those who are going to get wet!

customtouch
01-13-2011, 03:29 AM
David, There are two types of flat bottom drivers , those who have gotten wet,:huh:and those who are going to get wet!

Not the first time I have heard that.:driving: What have you been up to Mac?