PDA

View Full Version : Singal OB

TYPHOON
12-22-2010, 11:46 PM
Well P1 is for real and the new OB boat was in the boat show in Fl. I saw some picks and it looks bad a$$. Anyone out there buying one and may need a throttleman? I have seen the footage of them running in Europe. It looks like a blast. I will be at the P1 races in the USA running in the single HP/Weight and thought as long as I was there maybe someone wants to team up with me. I have a little experiance if that helps.
If you are not formiliar with the new series please call Martin Sanborn for details.
MD

earthwerks
12-23-2010, 09:51 PM
I was there with him at the PRI Show and he sold 1 and wrote a contract on two more. I know there were some others at the show who post on this site all the time, but had nothing to say. Super Stock 1 design should be some great racing for guys who want to race.

Maritime_eng
12-23-2010, 11:09 PM
I was there with him at the PRI Show and he sold 1 and wrote a contract on two more. I know there were some others at the show who post on this site all the time, but had nothing to say. Super Stock 1 design should be some great racing for guys who want to race.

Dan-

Any idea what one of these boats are worth? Are they being built in the USA or only in Europe?

Thanks
Don

Champion Kid
12-24-2010, 09:24 AM
Dan-

Any idea what one of these boats are worth? Are they being built in the USA or only in Europe?

Thanks
Don Go to powerboatp1.com it explains everything about the cost of leasing or owning one.

earthwerks
12-24-2010, 12:23 PM
89,000 turn key if you race the series and they are being built here as we speak. I plan on adding one to the race team. I won't be racing it, my size would be to much of a disadvantage.

Maritime_eng
12-24-2010, 06:34 PM
89,000 turn key if you race the series and they are being built here as we speak. I plan on adding one to the race team. I won't be racing it, my size would be to much of a disadvantage.

Thanks for the info Dan. The concept is really interesting. I do hope it works out. We need a class like this over here. Let me know when you get your boat. I would love to take a look at it and talk about racing this class in the furture.

Racerguymiami
12-31-2010, 08:44 PM
89,000 turn key if you race the series and they are being built here as we speak.

That's a great deal huh? Not! My Ocke Mannerfelt built in Sweden (Epoxy layup) with a 300Merc Drag on a trailer, shipped across th Atlantic cost half of that turn key.

Single engine outboard racing is growing huge in the islands. New boats are being imported from the UK weekly such as Ringcraft, Marshan and UK Phantoms. Turn key and shipped in the islands at around 30K.

earthwerks
12-31-2010, 10:57 PM
That's great, maybe Ocke Mannerfelt will develop and support a race series and you will be all set.

Racerguymiami
01-01-2011, 02:38 AM
I'm just saying, 89K is alot of beans for that package compared to a 30-35K comparable boat that runs in a 15-16 per year race series. There's a $300 yearly registration fee which also covers insurance and a $15 per race entry fee. Anywhere between 20-26 entries per race.

The equipment cost is just a bit eyebrow-raising for me.

Pete B
01-01-2011, 08:13 AM
Is that 30 to 35 K EURO??? shipping across the pond is over 5K?

Ratickle
01-01-2011, 10:47 AM
Is that 30 to 35 K EURO??? shipping across the pond is over 5K?

That was one of the interesting concepts of the BatBoat where the wings came off so they would fit in a container.....

Ryan Beckley
01-01-2011, 10:48 AM
How is it 30K with a $18,000 motor?

Ratickle
01-01-2011, 11:43 AM
It will certainly be interesting to see how the class goes and grows.....

The boat from the show certainly looks cool. I'm assuming it is being built for the US market at the old Fountain factory by the new owners of the combined brands. That is pure speculation, so don't quote me.

It also sounds as if it can be raced in the two different classes offered overseas currently? If so, there would be about a 60 mph boat with the 150hp outboard, and about an 80 mph boat with the 300hp outboard?

If so, I'm a little confused on the 250hp quote from the show story.... Maybe it is a third class being added to SS for all of the markets, just the first class offered in the US? It does say the boat shown in the US is heading overseas for the 13th through the 16th show there. So far I've been unable to find the rules posted anywhere, but I'm still searching.

What builders overseas are currently licensed to build boats for the SS class? Are all of them already legal to compete?

Hope Martin gets a few moments to chime in. Or maybe Dan can answer.

It is also pretty cool that the back hatch comes off for three people in recreation mode.....

1waterboy1
01-01-2011, 09:27 PM
That's a great deal huh? Not! My Ocke Mannerfelt built in Sweden (Epoxy layup) with a 300Merc Drag on a trailer, shipped across th Atlantic cost half of that turn key.

Single engine outboard racing is growing huge in the islands. New boats are being imported from the UK weekly such as Ringcraft, Marshan and UK Phantoms. Turn key and shipped in the islands at around 30K.

Single outboard offshore powerboat racing is big just about everywhere except in the United States.What circut in the island is growing?What is the current class structure there?I would agree that 89k is too expensive to launch an "entry level" single outboard class here in the states.OPA tried to start an entry level single outboard class a number of years ago..maybe it should be considered again.

imco offshore
01-02-2011, 09:24 AM
Paul ,their is not going to be two classes,,,from Martin :: they are waiting to see which outboard company will give the series the most on site support,,it,s not about the cost , the boat will cost 89 ,000 to buy outright,,or 26,000 to lease for the season,,at which you can run everyday if you choose,,, as long as you make the agreed racing schedule..

2TR
01-02-2011, 12:11 PM
That's great, maybe Ocke Mannerfelt will develop and support a race series and you will be all set.

How is this "manufacture" supporting the series?

- Supplying a large purse?
- No cost (entry) racing?
- No Cost, or Low cost engine repair on site?
- On site support for boats?

Over paying 30/40k on a boat is a pretty big leap of faith in any market.

MANITIE
01-19-2011, 11:45 AM
The pricing is much higher then what we have priced out with a number of manufactures with a single O/B...we tought the 56k price range was way out of range and would not work we even had priced some as low as 45k but still tought that was to high...even when we priced out the Joker 26 with a I/B we priced it out at 64k and that was turn key ready and we also thought that was 20k out of range for a class like that....
If I recall I paid around 80k for a new 29 F1 Fountain with the 500 hp and a $1500 check for every race we entered in our 1st year racing it..

600sci
01-19-2011, 12:00 PM
Where will this class be racing, and how many boats min. will be in it?
Also, like asked before - what is the purse and plan of this class?
I would like to hear more about it.

earthwerks
01-19-2011, 01:50 PM
Martin and P1 USA will be at the Cleveland boat show this weekend and then at the Miami show.

Wahoo 214
01-20-2011, 02:38 PM
I'm a little confused. According to Dan 1 boat is sold and 2 other orders have been taken, but there are no rules, schedule, or details? Man I wish I would have met the guys buying these first.

earthwerks
01-20-2011, 05:21 PM
Head to Cleveland or Miami and find out everything you want to know...

600sci
01-20-2011, 07:38 PM
Head to Cleveland or Miami and find out everything you want to know...

Why is it a secret? It would be easyer and better for business to just post these rules or plans!