PDA

View Full Version : Sure is quiet around here.........

JETJOCK
11-07-2010, 11:37 AM
..............too quiet

Mopower
11-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Off season

Ratickle
11-07-2010, 11:56 AM
..............too quiet

Getting ready for Key West.....:hurray:

Bobcat
11-07-2010, 12:02 PM
Got some Jimmy Buffet going now !

JETJOCK
11-07-2010, 12:58 PM
Jimmy plays daily on the boat.......

Quinlan
11-07-2010, 05:24 PM
Headn to KW Wed! Let the party begin.

The Fino will be dry dock soon for the bottom job.

JETJOCK
11-07-2010, 07:59 PM
Headn to KW Wed! Let the party begin.

The Fino will be dry dock soon for the bottom job.

I just did new canvass and "strata glass" all aorund! I also had the Canvass guy make my another "Bikini back" for the Arch to the Stern with 65% Mesh, so you can see through it, get a nice breeze, no bugs and keeps out most of the rain. I need to send you some pics.

How long has it been since the last bottom job?

old377guy
11-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Jet, actually the Scarab forum seems to be on of the most active things on the board lately. Keep it rollin. -Jeff

Cigboat#1
11-08-2010, 12:26 AM
Randy ,go over to OSO and scroll down to members vidio section ,on second page you will find a vid. called "Summer weekend in MD " very cool from last year .. Keep playing it when I get bored.Boat's out of the water ,Zodiac is flat as a pancake, the Lotus and Corvette are in storage for the winter ------ And you think its quiet where you are !!

Im going to Key West

Jim

Check out the hustler in the vid with the rooster tail ----------- > After burners on

JETJOCK
11-08-2010, 04:37 PM
Randy ,go over to OSO and scroll down to members vidio section ,on second page you will find a vid. called "Summer weekend in MD " very cool from last year .. Keep playing it when I get bored.Boat's out of the water ,Zodiac is flat as a pancake, the Lotus and Corvette are in storage for the winter ------ And you think its quiet where you are !!

Im going to Key West

Jim

Check out the hustler in the vid with the rooster tail ----------- > After burners on

Jim,

What Corvette do you have?

I just picked up a C6 Black Coupe....

JETJOCK
11-08-2010, 04:48 PM
Went out yesterday to check on my Scarab KV, she is in rack storage and gets dusty with all the fork lift exhaust all day long.....had to wash the poor baby.

For a 20+ year old boat she still "does it for me" and I think I will just keep upgrading her and taking care of her as she ages....you just can't beat a classic 38KV.

What else is new out in Scarab land?

Cigboat#1
11-08-2010, 05:41 PM
Randy , Got a white 92 convert. white inside with a white hard top that comes off. last year they made them. purchased it new back in the day!! They only made a few with those colors.... Carol's toy !I also have a 95 Lotus Turbo Esprit S4s red.

Jim

Quinlan
11-08-2010, 09:59 PM
I just did new canvass and "strata glass" all aorund! I also had the Canvass guy make my another "Bikini back" for the Arch to the Stern with 65% Mesh, so you can see through it, get a nice breeze, no bugs and keeps out most of the rain. I need to send you some pics.

How long has it been since the last bottom job?

Def need to see some pics.
We had the bottom done when we got the boat. Bout 6 yrs or so.
Having some elec issues now. When I turn on shorepower on main bank(left side) and turn anything on it trips breaker at shore box. Hmmmm:huh:
I was planning on new glass this yr but SEVERAL outdrives on the Cig squashed that for now.
We keep ours in our 50x50 enclosed dock, but it would be nice for some late yr cruzin.

Wheels up Wed for KW :cheers2:

txriverrat2001
11-09-2010, 12:37 PM
[QUOTE=Mopower;529838]Off season[/QUOTE

No such thing here.... just a nice windbreaker to keep the chill off....

JETJOCK
11-09-2010, 10:16 PM
Def need to see some pics.
We had the bottom done when we got the boat. Bout 6 yrs or so.
Having some elec issues now. When I turn on shorepower on main bank(left side) and turn anything on it trips breaker at shore box. Hmmmm:huh:
I was planning on new glass this yr but SEVERAL outdrives on the Cig squashed that for now.
We keep ours in our 50x50 enclosed dock, but it would be nice for some late yr cruzin.

Wheels up Wed for KW :cheers2:

MY DC Breaker fried itself the first week I had the Portofino, since then she is working out smooth, I am due for an oil change soon on both Crusaders, and my GENSET fried its starter but its cooler out so that will be the winter project. Living aboard the "Port" is still the best thing I have ever done-I sleep like a baby at night.

Quinlan
11-10-2010, 12:26 AM
On the starter Mine has thrown off the nut, washers and spring that hold on the part that engages the flywheel ( Brain fart on part name) several times.
Only 2 1/4"( I think) allen hex bolts holding starter on. Biotch to get to tho.
Then I got long flex magnet and all the parts are in the bottom under flywheel.
Get a long T handle allen and it helps ALOT to drop starter.The yellow ones w the ball on the end.
Atleast that is what mine has done 3 or 4 times.
Might check before ordering new one.

Wheels up to KW in 10 hrs!!! Let the party begin:cheers2: