PDA

View Full Version : Hull manufacture picked for New Racing Series

MANITIE
12-01-2008, 05:13 PM
Well after working with 3 manufactures since Feb 08, the new 1 engine, 1 hull, 1 drive Series will be the 26 Joker. The boat has been race proven over the years and its latest campained race boat with Tyler C and George running the 26 Joker in OPA, it has proven it would best fit in for the Series.

On the engine package...I have had another manufacture that is showing interest in the Series...and I will hear what they can bring to the table before deciding...they could bring in a lot of options for the Series along with a bigger sponsorship package...along with a number of options for reliable HP.

Once the engine package is signed I will purchase the first hull that is already built, and have it rigged to the templete so interested teams can see it first hand. I have had a number of interested owners that are willing to committ to the Series....the best thing so far is, of the 5 teams, 4 are not currently racing so it will bring old racers back out....

I will be keeping the race boat cost between 48k to 50k.... and with the savings on sponsorships, turn that into the contingency money . We may go to a fully rigged boat or everything rigged other then the eninge and drive, if some teams want to partially rig there own boats.. but we will still cut the whole for the drive to keep all teams at the same X. Once the templete for the X is made and cut, every boat will be at the same height...even in F1 we had teams that were 1/8 higher then others on there X....

Even though a lot of the Series rules and how it will be run are in place...I am still open to any conversations about it.....

1. The Series will be kept simple and inexpensive....
2. With the only set up that you will be able to do on the race boat is picking 1 of 2 props (a calm water prop and a ruff water prop) and adding weight to a box in the bow, it will come down to the racers in the boat, the boats will have to make a min. weight at the completions of the race.
3. I'm making the set up minimal so that every team will be at the same speeds and it will really come down to who practices the most and who is the better drivers and throttlemen

Thanks ahead for any input

phragle
12-01-2008, 05:22 PM
sounds like it hould make for some close racing. will you have 1 or 2 boats available for lease (like the bat boats) so if there were poker runners etc, thinking of trying racing , they could do a race or 2 to see if they wanted to make the commitment?

MANITIE
12-01-2008, 06:01 PM
sounds like it hould make for some close racing. will you have 1 or 2 boats available for lease (like the bat boats) so if there were poker runners etc, thinking of trying racing , they could do a race or 2 to see if they wanted to make the commitment?

The first 5 or so teams I'm looking to get owners of teams....After the 1st year I may lease my boat out...I'm just racing the 1st year or so to get things started...I will have my hands full with my current race team.

Sean H
12-01-2008, 06:06 PM
is this for 2009? what schedule/race sites are you gonna run at?

MANITIE
12-01-2008, 06:23 PM
is this for 2009? what schedule/race sites are you gonna run at?

Sean...Im trying to at least get some boats out for 09....even 4 or 5 for the first year and pay the first 4 or 5 teams some good money for investing into the Series....buy the end of the season if we can have 6 or 7 boats that would be a good start....Pop has called me to invite us to Chattannoga, TN for his race at the end of the year....I have had calls to see if I was interested at running at some sites...but I still have not approached any Orgs....I will be doing that this month but I want to have the sponsors locked up so I can lay out what the Series can bring to a race site.....

Perlmudder
12-01-2008, 06:31 PM
thats a cool idea. i dont know much about racing, but its always more fun when the competition is extremely close!

MANITIE
12-01-2008, 06:37 PM
Another thing that has been secured in the price of the boat...it will come with a onboard camera with a DVR and will be mounted on all boats in the same place, you will be required to turn in the SP card after every race to be downloaded for a show, but will be returned to you at the next race. These DVRs come with a plug that gose into your tv and you can play it back on your TV or download it.....It also comes with a Pelican box which all will be mounted in the same spot...

inbetween
12-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Great idea for racing. Hopefully some new racers and some CLOSE racing

THEJOKER
12-01-2008, 09:35 PM
Gino:

You have our full support! We're looking forward to this series. If anybody has any questions on the 26 Joker hull , please feel free to give us a call. Better yet call Tyler Crockett and he will tell you what a safe , great running boat we build. All pricing , rigging , etc please contact Gino direct. We'll be offering a cash contingency for the series winner. Gino is putting together something that we have a great passion for , deck to deck racing w/ equal power and hull! My hat is off to you Gino!

Brian Hollis
www.JokerPerformanceBoats.com
70-560-3747

TGC-32
12-01-2008, 10:51 PM
My hat is off to you guys for trying this. Best of luck to you. When I was racing F-2 several years ago, and Pro-Stock many years before that, this was our hope: to equalize the performance of the boats so that it came down to the talent in the boat and the set-up, NOT the wallets! This is the only way to create the deck-to-deck racing that will make a race interesting to the fans.

Good luck! Makes me want to "unretire".

Tom Caruso
Total Marine

MOBILEMERCMAN
12-01-2008, 11:29 PM
Great news guys.

Brian do you have some pix you share?

THEJOKER
12-01-2008, 11:32 PM
Great news guys.

Brian do you have some pix you share? Tyler has a ton of his boat. Look on the thread he has his boat for sale.

cosmic12
12-02-2008, 06:53 AM
I love it!!!! I wish you guys all the luck in the world and look forward to seeing it all happen. YA!!!!!!!!

BobbyB
12-02-2008, 09:05 AM
Gino,
Congrats on the new series. If you need anything just give me a call.

scottc
12-02-2008, 09:24 AM
Gino,
Great job and I'm here if I can help also. This should be great for guy's that want to race but don't have the big bucks.

MANITIE
12-02-2008, 10:04 AM
Gino:

You have our full support! We're looking forward to this series. If anybody has any questions on the 26 Joker hull , please feel free to give us a call. Better yet call Tyler Crockett and he will tell you what a safe , great running boat we build. All pricing , rigging , etc please contact Gino direct. We'll be offering a cash contingency for the series winner. Gino is putting together something that we have a great passion for , deck to deck racing w/ equal power and hull! My hat is off to you Gino!

Brian Hollis
70-560-3747

Brian....Thanks for helping out....I think your boat will fit in perfectly for the Series....its proven...its safe....and its built by a racer.....looking foward to getting into the 1st one...

MANITIE
12-02-2008, 10:06 AM
My hat is off to you guys for trying this. Best of luck to you. When I was racing F-2 several years ago, and Pro-Stock many years before that, this was our hope: to equalize the performance of the boats so that it came down to the talent in the boat and the set-up, NOT the wallets! This is the only way to create the deck-to-deck racing that will make a race interesting to the fans.

Good luck! Makes me want to "unretire".

Tom Caruso
Total Marine

Tom....it would be great to have you back out with us....

THEJOKER
12-02-2008, 12:33 PM
Gino:

Keep pushing. I love the idea of basically a IROC Series on water. Identical hulls , rigging , etc. We can't wait and we'll supoort you and your customers 100%.

MANITIE
12-02-2008, 01:19 PM
Well....I just got off the phone with our leader of OPA....As far as race sites go, Smitty said he is behind us....there may be some ocean races we will not be able to due, but with the C.G. behind us we will have a lot of backing and may be able to works things out as they come along...even if we do 6 to 7 races in the first couple of years...it will be a great start....

Thank you OPA for supporting us and our sport.....

fastedy
12-03-2008, 08:28 AM
Gino,
Great job and I'm here if I can help also. This should be great for guy's that want to race but don't have the big bucks.

I don't see this as a low budget or starter class, I see it as show your skills
class, if this thing takes off it would be great to see racers from all levels
of racing from Class 6 to Supercat, like the IROC series, especially if it
races on Saturday.

Eddie

Ted
12-03-2008, 10:02 AM
Well....I just got off the phone with our leader of OPA....As far as race sites go, Smitty said he is behind us....there may be some ocean races we will not be able to due, but with the C.G. behind us we will have a lot of backing and may be able to works things out as they come along...even if we do 6 to 7 races in the first couple of years...it will be a great start....

Thank you OPA for supporting us and our sport.....

Why would the ocean races be a problem Gino?

MANITIE
12-03-2008, 10:22 AM
Why would the ocean races be a problem Gino?

Hey Ted....due to permits in the Ocean races they are a little differant then your race or the races in St Clair....thats why we only have 2 races at Ocean sites....but I can see what the C.G. can do for Satudays...but either way I can work with Smitty to see what can be done....I'm sure Smitty can give you more info why though....

MANITIE
12-03-2008, 10:29 AM
I don't see this as a low budget or starter class, I see it as show your skills
class, if this thing takes off it would be great to see racers from all levels
of racing from Class 6 to Supercat, like the IROC series, especially if it
races on Saturday.

Eddie

I remember in 2003 when we were racing in F1 and I was in the Activator....We offered some of the Super Cat guys to jump into my F1 Fountain and race with us in F1...They said HELL NO....I believe it was JT that called us Cowboys in that class...and I took it as a compliment...

Eddie...I would not be suprised to see Jimmy W in one of these....I do like the Saturday racing though...we did that in APBA and it was 2 days of great racing...even if it was only a 45 min. race and then testing after wards...then the folks on the beach can get a look at the bigger boys testing and see how good Sundays racing is going to be also....

scandelous
12-03-2008, 10:38 AM
I would have seen the Squirrel in this class. This would have been great fun for him.

MANITIE
12-03-2008, 01:09 PM
I would have seen the Squirrel in this class. This would have been great fun for him.

I agree....I miss the little guy....

fastedy
12-04-2008, 08:58 AM
Eddie...I would not be suprised to see Jimmy W in one of these....I do like the Saturday racing though...we did that in APBA and it was 2 days of great racing...even if it was only a 45 min. race and then testing after wards...then the folks on the beach can get a look at the bigger boys testing and see how good Sundays racing is going to be also....

You would have to mount the seat on the floor

nocigarette
12-04-2008, 09:28 AM
2. With the only set up that you will be able to do on the race boat is picking 1 of 2 props (a calm water prop and a ruff water prop) and adding weight to a box in the bow, it will come down to the racers in the boat, the boats will have to make a min. weight at the completions of the race.
3. I'm making the set up minimal so that every team will be at the same speeds and it will really come down to who practices the most and who is the better drivers and throttlemen

With this being said, there is no reason to have a gps on board then right????.....By the way this is a great idea with a great boat...

MANITIE
12-04-2008, 12:08 PM
You would have to mount the seat on the floor

Eddie...that or he will look like Dino in the Flintstones car with his head sticking out...

MANITIE
12-04-2008, 12:13 PM

With this being said, there is no reason to have a gps on board then right????.....By the way this is a great idea with a great boat...

Yes....we will not have a GPS onboard....If we see or have any questions to a boat...we will look at it....we will have a protest system in place....
But I think with the rule that if your cought cheating, the owner and racers of that team along with that boat (hull #) even with a new owner, will no longer be able to race in the sereis...and not be paid the remaining contincengy money,it will eliminate those type of racers in the Series....By this also I would think the racers and owners will police there own team not to be eliminated from the Seires....

THEJOKER
12-04-2008, 12:14 PM
Just like this!

tony davis
12-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Gino:

Keep pushing. I love the idea of basically a IROC Series on water. Identical hulls , rigging , etc. We can't wait and we'll supoort you and your customers 100%.

Good luck with the new venture, I did the same in the UK in 1999, but with my 21ft boat and Honda outboards, it's now grown to be the biggest one design class in the world, although I'm no longer involved in it!

My Hull is still used though, and a Cougar in the larger engine class.

MANITIE
12-04-2008, 01:37 PM
For the final templet on rigging...I will be getting with a number of boat builders and racers who have been rigging these single engine race boats for awhile that have a good knowledge in it along with safety....and look at the best way and most affordable....I want to be comfortable on once the templet is set that this is what we will be using from that point foward...it wont please everyone...and I'm sure that some racers will say this is a better way to rig then another....but thats why will look at a number of options...

After the first boat is done and have all messurements on everything and parts...I then can actually cut all hoses, wiring and order all parts to be in one kit/box to be rigged...

The only thing that I can see that will have to be modified, is a seat hight to a racers liking...which I will work out...

THEJOKER
12-04-2008, 02:34 PM
For the final templet on rigging...I will be getting with a number of boat builders and racers who have been rigging these single engine race boats for awhile that have a good knowledge in it along with safety....and look at the best way and most affordable....I want to be comfortable on once the templet is set that this is what we will be using from that point foward...it wont please everyone...and I'm sure that some racers will say this is a better way to rig then another....but thats why will look at a number of options...

After the first boat is done and have all messurements on everything and parts...I then can actually cut all hoses, wiring and order all parts to be in one kit/box to be rigged...

The only thing that I can see that will have to be modified, is a seat hight to a racers liking...which I will work out...

One thing you'll have to address and maintain is the minimum weight issue. Also I think it's a very good idea to have ballast tanks. This is a huge safety item and we can build them w/ no addittional cost. Pump and dump baby!

Here's a picture of our ballast tank. Simple and effective!

MANITIE
12-04-2008, 03:45 PM
Thanks Brian....that will work...will just make sure all ballest tanks are empty in weighting out after the race....

THEJOKER
12-04-2008, 06:32 PM
Thanks Brian....that will work...will just make sure all ballest tanks are empty in weighting out after the race....

With your response right there you just made your series alot safer. I always thought ballast tanks should of been allowed in our F1 days. We can make the tanks very inspectable too , no secret hiding places to catch water and dump later.

cosmic12
12-04-2008, 07:00 PM
I can't wait to watch this happen.:cheers2:

nocigarette
12-04-2008, 09:02 PM
Yes....we will not have a GPS onboard....If we see or have any questions to a boat...we will look at it....we will have a protest system in place....
But I think with the rule that if your cought cheating, the owner and racers of that team along with that boat (hull #) even with a new owner, will no longer be able to race in the sereis...and not be paid the remaining contincengy money,it will eliminate those type of racers in the Series....By this also I would think the racers and owners will police there own team not to be eliminated from the Seires....

Not saying anything bad about any organization but i always questioned the accuracy of a gps that you have to drop off at a trailer and pic back up to see where you placed.....I really think this is a awesome idea and cant wait to see where this goes???? Great choice in boat also......I have always loved the joker, a fast safe traditional hull.....

MANITIE
12-04-2008, 09:34 PM
Not saying anything bad about any organization but i always questioned the accuracy of a gps that you have to drop off at a trailer and pic back up to see where you placed.....I really think this is a awesome idea and cant wait to see where this goes???? Great choice in boat also......I have always loved the joker, a fast safe traditional hull.....

8 years ago I would have said the same thing...but after racing in OPA for the last 3 years....I'm having a ball....And love it when our compeditors are faster then the brake out speed...we beat them all the time becasue they have to keep feathering the throttles...when you know your boat can't hit the brake out speed its just like spec racing...we have to run it on the edge to be up front....I loved Class 3...and us and Wanted have battle for all 3 years becuase we could not brake out....its been some of the crazyest racing I have every been in....but it looks like its time we both move up and harass another class....

On the New Series side...there was always something about F1 that was great...it was the big boat count and great compitition...it was not check book racing...the 500 and 525's were bullet proof...so you didn't have to brake the bank to race...It was deck to deck even if you were in 12 place...you still were deck to deck with another boat...and don't slow down becasue there was another boat right behind you....but the one thing I learned in F1 the boat you ran also made a differance....that was one disadvantage...
When looking at putting the Series together there were a few things I knew I wanted to do:
1. Make it affordable...
2. All run the same hulls and exact same boats...I watch a number of IROC races over the years...and that stuck in my mind...lets race and leave it to the driver and throttlemen...
3. Find a hull manufacture that is 100% onboard...the publisity they will get will be like no other.
4. Find a engine sponsor that would also back the Series and offer money to the racers while we promoted there engines and open there munufacture to a whole new line of boat owners...
5. Make the boat, race on Sat and take the family on the rest of the week even to go out in it and watch the races on Sunday with the family.
6. I knew I would have to build the first boat to show that I'm committed to the Series.
7. Surrond myself around good people...racers, Org, Safety, ect. we don't need the crying, the interfearing, the bi$ching....will keep it simple and fun
8. Most of all...WE DON'T NEED CHEATING.....

Just some of the things that I tought was needed in some differant type of racing....

phragle
12-04-2008, 10:55 PM
Im already onboard for the two mich races with opa, anything else I can do just let me know.

MANITIE
12-05-2008, 03:29 PM
Im already onboard for the two mich races with opa, anything else I can do just let me know.

Will keep in touch....were we want to take this back to the Factory days...the 20 -25 boats racing deck to deck..and I'm sure we will need as many volunteers as we can get...we would love to also get volunteers involved and get them to see first hand how fun and inexpensive it is and join us in the racing...

nocigarette
12-05-2008, 03:42 PM
2. All run the same hulls and exact same boats...I watch a number of IROC races over the years...and that stuck in my mind...lets race and leave it to the driver and throttlemen...
3. Find a hull manufacture that is 100% onboard...the publisity they will get will be like no other.
4. Find a engine sponsor that would also back the Series and offer money to the racers while we promoted there engines and open there munufacture to a whole new line of boat owners...
5. Make the boat, race on Sat and take the family on the rest of the week even to go out in it and watch the races on Sunday with the family.

With all this in mind have you decided how you are going to due lane position?
Will it be like it is now in the opa where they are drawn or will it be like iroc racing...What i mean is go run two laps before the race and take the best times and place the boats accordingly...Just a thought!!!

I am also on board for help next year at the mich races, as long as it does not conflict with running with the konrad boat....Keep us posted on the progress off the first joker boat....

MANITIE
12-05-2008, 04:25 PM
To date, we have 4 teams that are serious about joining the Series with over 6 others that have called me and/or emailed me showing interest...a lot of them I know personally and I would be honor to have them involved in the Series. It is great to have this much interest in a new Racing Series even in todays times, The real take off point will be when interested racers will see 4 to 5 boats racing deck to deck on the water and be able to see first hand on the competition and potental of a Series of this type. But by putting up a big contingency purse for the first 5 teams, I feel it will give us the teams we need to debut the Series in a faster time period.

Today...along with the talks with the engines manufactures, I have now move the negotiations to some smaller things as guages, battery box's, steering wheels, seats, even down to the hoses and fittings....the less we have to pay for these parts today and in the furture the lower the cost will be for the racers and in return there companys will be tie directly into the Series and we can promote them on a larger bases being that everyone of our teams will be using there equipment.

MANITIE
12-05-2008, 04:43 PM

With all this in mind have you decided how you are going to due lane position?
Will it be like it is now in the opa where they are drawn or will it be like iroc racing...What i mean is go run two laps before the race and take the best times and place the boats accordingly...Just a thought!!!

I am also on board for help next year at the mich races, as long as it does not conflict with running with the konrad boat....Keep us posted on the progress off the first joker boat....

Right now becuase we don't know for sure of what kind of time period we would get on a Saturday..the thinking is for the first start of the year to draw for positions in the 1st drivers meeting of the year:

1. It will be on a 2 race format for that day. The first race of appox. 6 laps on a 3 mile course. At the completion of the first race to return to the milling circle and the last place team in that finish will be on the pole ( the inside lane) and the 1st place team on the far outside lane...at the completion of the second race the total points of both races will be tallied up and a winner will be picked...in case of a tie the fastest time completing in both races will win. The reason for 2 races is, We notice as a race gose on and there is some domination the feild begines to spread out...even with same hulls and speeds there will be teams that are better then others...so by having 2 races the gaps between the 1st place race team and the last place race team will be a lot closer and will make for a better show...also if you find yourself making a mistake on the course and you end up in the back of the pack...your day is not over...you still have a second race and you will be in or closer to the pole position.
2. We have raced in F1 with over 22 boats in a streight line accross and it worked fine along with F2 doing the same...so we will keep that starting format.

We can change any type of start positions once the Series has started that will improve the racing and fairness...

nocigarette
12-05-2008, 07:57 PM
This is going to be great gino!!!!...I cant wait....

Phantom1
12-06-2008, 08:15 PM
Very nice Gino. Great job.

MANITIE
12-09-2008, 11:56 AM
I'm close to the compleation on the Rule book for the Series, any interested teams that want to share any input towards the rules feel free to email me or even voice on here....I'm trying to get as much input as possible to touch on every base we can...but at the same time keeping it simple...no gray area's.

I'm also working on tying the Coast Guard into the Series.

Thanks again for all the possitive comments

MANITIE
12-09-2008, 12:07 PM
The race numbers and associate sponsors will be all set up on evey boat like this:
The sponsors will run down along the race number...I have a company on board that will print all Series sponsors and logo's on one big sticker and the engine sponsor at the stern of the boat

sbracing
12-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Looks like a #6 drive!

Buoy
12-09-2008, 07:45 PM
This is the type of racing I miss.
This is good stuff!!

If I could help out on this end of things, I gladly volunteer my services.
This is what I do - sourcing and procurement.

phragle
12-09-2008, 08:46 PM

when you get down to the bottom line, thats a pirates job description,... AARRGGGGHHHHH!! :03:

MANITIE
12-09-2008, 09:43 PM
Looks like a #6 drive!

YEAP....Threw that in there....good catch...but we will only be running a Bravo....

I'm making a list of all the rigging parts and for what companys to approch for assistance and sponsorship...I'm trying to order as many parts threw one company so they can benifit by getting the most business and in return give them some great exposure....plus and this is looking into the furture...with us all using the same equipment ie. gauges, batterys, fittings ect. we maybe able to put a parts truck together with one of these companys at the race sites....

THEJOKER
12-09-2008, 09:46 PM
Great job Gino. Keep moving along.

1waterboy1
12-11-2008, 09:01 AM
I'm close to the compleation on the Rule book for the Series, any interested teams that want to share any input towards the rules feel free to email me or even voice on here....I'm trying to get as much input as possible to touch on every base we can...but at the same time keeping it simple...no gray area's.

I'm also working on tying the Coast Guard into the Series.

Thanks again for all the possitive comments

Gino,
I feel the boats should have dry exhaust.They need to sound good...like raceboats; not pleasure boats.It is the one thing that I thought that was missing in the factory classes.The noise factor is definately a major part of the spectator appeal of our sport.There is nothing more exciting than the feedback from the engine as the throttleman is on and off the gas in rough water.One other point...race as much as possible in the ocean!

Looking forward to seeing this class develope.

MANITIE
12-11-2008, 01:19 PM
Gino,
I feel the boats should have dry exhaust.They need to sound good...like raceboats; not pleasure boats.It is the one thing that I thought that was missing in the factory classes.The noise factor is definately a major part of the spectator appeal of our sport.There is nothing more exciting than the feedback from the engine as the throttleman is on and off the gas in rough water.One other point...race as much as possible in the ocean!

Looking forward to seeing this class develope.

Spoken like a true racer.....your the 4th guy to suggest dry pipes...I agree with you....having 20+ boats with some big noise would be cool to see and hear....

on the Ocean races...I like the ocean races myself...And Smittys has open his arms to us to his sites....My thinking is if we can do a 6 race season and have a bigger pay out we may have owners that can do all 6 races...vice run a 8 + race season....being that OPA has a half calm water and half ruff water it would be a good mix....

Ryan Beckley
12-11-2008, 02:00 PM
Gino , can you give us a current list of teams committed to race this series......

RichL
12-11-2008, 02:27 PM
Very cool. From a spectator perspective, congrats and good luck on a great idea.

MANITIE
12-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Gino , can you give us a current list of teams committed to race this series......

Ryan, I'm sure you already know a few...if they want they can come on here and post there names...

Some have told me...just give me the green light and I'm in.....

I will post that I will be building the first one....and Brian H said he will also put a team together and I don't think he would mind me posting it....as far as the rest...I would think they will e-mail you or post on here if they want....
I will start asking owners as I talk to them if I could post a running list of owners that are willing to committ and a list of interested owners....

Personally....we all know that some people will try to interfear in someway...its sad but true...
Its happend in every new Org or competing Orgs....while this is not a new Org...some will try....

Its a good question though, so other interested racers can see who is getting involved....you are more then welcome to call me about any detailed info. or input...you have been around for a long time in this sport...and you have helped me over the years even jumped in to throttled for me....so any insite from you I will take to heart.....

The fondation I have been working on is the first 5 teams....the ones I have been in contact with we all know each other and are great compeditors...

The 1st hull is alreay done....the only thing for me to do is finilize the engine sponsor and make sure all the parts and rigging can be done for under 50k with all the sponsorship packages together....we will only be able to put out approx. 1 hull every 8 weeks and then another 2 weeks to have it all rigged...so once I pull the trigger on the first hull and start rigging it...my plan is for one of the committed owners will step in for the next hull....I think that will be the turning point to see how quickly this will take off.....and we will see who is really the next owner...if I have to and there are not enough boats in the Series by May...I will run it in Class 6 till we have enough boats to run our own race....and pay the other owners in the Series the Contingency money for there investemnet into it per race till we have our own...

Ryan Beckley
12-11-2008, 03:44 PM
I wish nothing but the best for this group as a great entry level class. I think the more real names you show, the more will get involved. I am not trying to start any trouble, and doubt anyone else will either. But we've all heard this same thing before when Brian started the ORL and everyone flaked out...... If you show people a real list with real COMMITTED names you will be better off.....

1- Gino Marronne
2- Brian Hollis
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
9-
10-

fastedy
12-11-2008, 04:24 PM
5- Eddie Simmons, strong possibility

MANITIE
12-11-2008, 04:40 PM
I wish nothing but the best for this group as a great entry level class. I think the more real names you show, the more will get involved. I am not trying to start any trouble, and doubt anyone else will either. But we've all heard this same thing before when Brian started the ORL and everyone flaked out...... If you show people a real list with real COMMITTED names you will be better off.....

1- Gino Marronne
2- Brian Hollis
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
9-
10-

Ryan...I know your not starting crap and I like the idea of letting people know...it was my bust for not asking if it was OK in the beginning...

When Brian H was trying to start ORL I was on board with him.....the only problem was he could not get the current F1 owners to committ....and I looked at that and what he tried...and I commend him for the time, money and effert that he made to bring it back....thats why I feel for it to work...I'm going to have to show the owners and make the first investment....and also pay the first teams to make the investent....
I'm doing this becuase a lot of racers said if we had a class like this they would race in it....
Well...I'm taking that and taking what I feel would help even more by going out and getting sponsors to invest also in the Series....
I will spend the money, time and effort to put it together, it will be a Series that will be ready to grow and be one of the least inexpensive investment to make to get into Offshore racing ....it will be up to racers and potental racers to make the move into it.....

MANITIE
12-11-2008, 04:44 PM
5- Eddie Simmons, strong possibility

Thanks for posting Eddie....I'll call you in a few days..I wanted to get your input on some rigging idea's

1- Gino Marronne
2- Brian Hollis
3-
4-
5-Eddie Simmons (strong possibility)
6-
7-
9-
10-

nocigarette
12-11-2008, 05:33 PM
The really great part about this is the money it costs to get into it.....50,000 grand is not a lot of money a couple of guys can split the cost and it would be no more than buying a new pickup truck.....Split the costs for the room and fuel and have a good time all weekend......Man this idea rocks i have to find a buddy with some money and pull the trigger....You could even build yourself a spare kick ass poker run motor and have the boat as a dual purpose machine....

MarylandMark
12-11-2008, 05:56 PM
NoCig- better option is one person buy the boat with a buddy committed to toss in some $$ toward what it takes to race. Then split the winnings whatever percentages you figure out.

If you mix friends and money, be prepared to lose one of them...

MANITIE
12-11-2008, 06:00 PM
The really great part about this is the money it costs to get into it.....50,000 grand is not a lot of money a couple of guys can split the cost and it would be no more than buying a new pickup truck.....Split the costs for the room and fuel and have a good time all weekend......Man this idea rocks i have to find a buddy with some money and pull the trigger....You could even build yourself a spare kick ass poker run motor and have the boat as a dual purpose machine....

Plus with the boat that will only weight around 4000 lbs you can tow it with just about anything
Plus Contingency money at each race...

We already have a $5k prise purse for the end of the year with 5 boats put up by Joker Powerboats.

It looks like we will have the Coast Guard also tied into the Series...I had a good talk with them again today.

I will work with every company I can find...even if its to get them to sponsor hoses, wires, fasteners, nuts and bolts for every boat in the Series....

Even down to the offical spark plug of the Series, so we don't have to pay for them for the whole year....

I'm almost finished with the whole rigging sheet and will send it to a number of riggers and boat builders that have rigged these types of race boats and look it over and see what I have missed, Once I have the full list completed I can brake it down to see how much we can get sponsored.

MANITIE
12-11-2008, 06:01 PM
NoCig- better option is one person buy the boat with a buddy committed to toss in some $$ toward what it takes to race. Then split the winnings whatever percentages you figure out.

If you mix friends and money, be prepared to lose one of them...

Thats what Mark K and I did when we raced F1....he handled the boat...i got the sponsorships to pay the bills and we split the prise money....

BobbyB
12-11-2008, 06:23 PM
Gino,
Do you need a throttle man for your boat?:sifone:

MANITIE
12-11-2008, 08:13 PM
Gino,
Do you need a throttle man for your boat?:sifone:

Yoda....you need to rest....you will still need to sit on 2 phone books to see over the dash....:biggrinjester:

BobbyB
12-11-2008, 09:03 PM
Yoda....you need to rest....you will still need to sit on 2 phone books to see over the dash....:biggrinjester:

I will be rested by then. And i might need 3 phonebooks to see over the dash. :26::biggrinjester:

MANITIE
12-11-2008, 09:16 PM
I will be rested by then. And i might need 3 phonebooks to see over the dash. :26::biggrinjester:

I would have tought Joe would want to get in one with you...

THEJOKER
12-11-2008, 10:16 PM
Yes we are in! We also committed $5000.00 to the year ending points champion. If Gino can pull this off it will be great deck to deck , safe , budget offshore racing. Gino needs everybody's support and I would think atleast 3 more teams. Keep pushing Gino!

MANITIE
12-13-2008, 12:22 PM
Thanks Brian for being apart of it.....

THEJOKER
12-13-2008, 12:46 PM
Thanks Brian for being apart of it..... You know how much this spec racing stuff means to me. I lived it and breathed it for 3 years. You've taken it to a new level now w/ the IROC Concept.
Just don't let up Gino and never doubt yourself. I've watched you since 2000 race , race and somehow keep racing. You've proved yourself to me. Get r done!

RACESDAD
12-13-2008, 01:56 PM
Do i get a free one? Dad and i would have fun, maybe the new gf in it.
Mike

Buoy
12-13-2008, 02:04 PM

when you get down to the bottom line, thats a pirates job description,... AARRGGGGHHHHH!! :03:

Aye.
It must be in my blood.
Rape and pillage.
I guess it's just a nicer way of saying it.

Buoy
12-13-2008, 02:05 PM

Once I figure out where I'm gonna land geographically we may need to talk:sifone:

MANITIE
12-13-2008, 02:25 PM
Do i get a free one? Dad and i would have fun, maybe the new gf in it.
Mike

Mike....You know to have you and your dad would be a honor to run with us...you have a long great history of racing....and if your one of the 1st 5 teams I would make it worth your investement to the Series.....

sbracing
12-13-2008, 04:01 PM
Hey Gino,
I think what you are doing with this spec series is fantastic. If people would leave their egos behind and look at racing, the important part is the racing, not the fancy trucks and who can go 180mph. The thrill is the
deck to deck stuff.
Pete and I would be first in line if we were entering the sport right now as I think you have something that will really be fun. Unfortunately, we already have an investment in our current rig, so we will have to watch
from class 6.
Let us know if we can help in any way.

Regards & Merry Christmas,
Rich Smith
Cotnertrailers.com 611

MANITIE
12-13-2008, 06:30 PM
Hey Gino,
I think what you are doing with this spec series is fantastic. If people would leave their egos behind and look at racing, the important part is the racing, not the fancy trucks and who can go 180mph. The thrill is the
deck to deck stuff.
Pete and I would be first in line if we were entering the sport right now as I think you have something that will really be fun. Unfortunately, we already have an investment in our current rig, so we will have to watch
from class 6.

Rich Smith
Cotnertrailers.com 611

Rich....thanks for the kind words and support....you guys have a great racing program and are doing a great job in Class 6

1waterboy1
12-13-2008, 07:16 PM
Hey Gino,
deck to deck stuff.
from class 6.

Rich Smith
Cotnertrailers.com 611

Rich,
I totally agree with you that our sport should be focused on the racing;and not the ego driven "show" that some people think deserves recognition.This is what is so applealing about this new class that Gino is developing...its all about the racing!I look forward to seeing you and Pete at the OPA meeting.

Mark

MarylandMark
12-14-2008, 11:58 AM
No reason you can't have both racing and a show. IMHO I don't think either can survive without the other. There is already a show- add in some spec racing to improve on that.

You have to commend the "big boys" for all that they do; not ostracize them for being able to do it. The guy going in this spec class can't do what the big boys do- money or time wise. Most in this class can't travel across the country doing charity, going to hospitals to see sick kids, setting records from city to city, etc. Joe Six-pack (or plumber) wants to see the flashy big boys- and so do I.

I love "racing"- deck to deck, same setup where skill, testing and training determine the winner.

I love the "show"- big top tents, 20 vehicles rolling in like the circus coming to town, flashily trucks/boats/cars/chicks, shirts/hats/posters for sale/freebies, fan involvement and the like.

Adding this class will be awesome and I can't want to see it happen. The ones that want this the most already attend the races; you have to get the non-boaters involved and interested which is what the big boys bring.

Sponsors want ROI. Get more people there, then more people see their product which gets more coverage which gets even more people involved and on down the line. Then comes TV and sponsorships which leads the racers in to being able to race full time. Now they are professional racers and have the time and money to make record runs, see sick kids, do charity, do poster signings which gets more coverage. Make it happen and it can evolve in to a self supporting sport.

I can tell you this is one of the best idea's I've heard in a long time. If it were to get on it's feet and knew it were going to last more people (myself included) would want to "invest" in a race boat. I can't afford to have the rules changed every few years but if it were a spec class and my boat would be competitive for a decade that would be a different story.

nocigarette
12-14-2008, 01:03 PM
I can tell you this is one of the best idea's I've heard in a long time. If it were to get on it's feet and knew it were going to last more people (myself included) would want to "invest" in a race boat. I can't afford to have the rules changed every few years but if it were a spec class and my boat would be competitive for a decade that would be a different story.

Well said mark...

Buoy
12-14-2008, 01:39 PM
The whole idea of this really has me thinking.
Some of my favorite racing was the F-1, and F-2 two classes.
AND, that got attention.
You could see that stuff televised - which is something this sport needs.

sbracing
12-15-2008, 11:59 AM
No reason you can't have both racing and a show. IMHO I don't think either can survive without the other. There is already a show- add in some spec racing to improve on that.

You have to commend the "big boys" for all that they do; not ostracize them for being able to do it. The guy going in this spec class can't do what the big boys do- money or time wise. Most in this class can't travel across the country doing charity, going to hospitals to see sick kids, setting records from city to city, etc. Joe Six-pack (or plumber) wants to see the flashy big boys- and so do I.

I love "racing"- deck to deck, same setup where skill, testing and training determine the winner.

I love the "show"- big top tents, 20 vehicles rolling in like the circus coming to town, flashily trucks/boats/cars/chicks, shirts/hats/posters for sale/freebies, fan involvement and the like.

Adding this class will be awesome and I can't want to see it happen. The ones that want this the most already attend the races; you have to get the non-boaters involved and interested which is what the big boys bring.

Sponsors want ROI. Get more people there, then more people see their product which gets more coverage which gets even more people involved and on down the line. Then comes TV and sponsorships which leads the racers in to being able to race full time. Now they are professional racers and have the time and money to make record runs, see sick kids, do charity, do poster signings which gets more coverage. Make it happen and it can evolve in to a self supporting sport.

It was not my intention to bash the big boys, I appreciate what they bring
to an event as much as anybody, because I am a fan of the sport.

My personal opinion is however, if I had a budget like some of the big guys
have, I probably would race in Gino's series. To me the racing is the
key. I probalbly would have all the goodies (trucks, golfcarts, scooters, etc..)
but I would be more interested in competitive racing with 15 boats in my class
going 70 mph than 3 boats going 160. Just my preference, mind you.

MANITIE
12-15-2008, 05:08 PM

This will be no differant then a lot of motorsports out there today....
Spec sealed crate engines....inspected and dyno..there are alot of engine manufactures out there today doing this in road racing and are backing these Series....we will do the same only on water....I have had a number of meetings with munufatures and engine builders that are very involved in this today in road racing, and for the bussiness we will be giving them and the way the economy is today....this is great publisity and work for them....I'm really concentrating on the final engine sponsor because they will be the foundation of the Series...they will get the most work and most visability from the Series....and I want it to be a long term relationship.

The rules will not change because the engine package will stay the same...
Every team will have the same amount of money invested in there race boat....there will be nothing you can purchase to go faster....other then your skill level and ability to drive and throttle....

MarylandMark
12-15-2008, 06:25 PM
Sorry sbracing if it sounded like I was calling you out- not my intention at all.

If I had the loot of the big boys I'd be running both.. :)

MarylandMark
12-15-2008, 06:27 PM
After the 1st year I may lease my boat out

Looks like I'm 1st on the waiting list.. :26:

So is this like the bat boat thing- run the snot out of it and you fix it when I break it? LOL! Them just jokes...

Sean H
12-15-2008, 07:44 PM
This will be no differant then a lot of motorsports out there today....
Spec sealed crate engines....inspected and dyno..there are alot of engine manufactures out there today doing this in road racing and are backing these Series....we will do the same only on water....I have had a number of meetings with munufatures and engine builders that are very involved in this today in road racing, and for the bussiness we will be giving them and the way the economy is today....this is great publisity and work for them....I'm really concentrating on the final engine sponsor because they will be the foundation of the Series...they will get the most work and most visability from the Series....and I want it to be a long term relationship.

when mercury does this they get hung out as the big bad guy pushing out the other builders, I wonder if you will feel the wrath of the "but i can build my own cheaper" crowd.

I like spec racing, may the fastest and best team win. period.

so with some quick math, I am guessing you are hoping to have 5 or 6 boats for the start of the 2010 season? (2 months per hull?)

MANITIE
12-15-2008, 08:34 PM
[QUOTE=Sean H;44946]when mercury does this they get hung out as the big bad guy pushing out the other builders, I wonder if you will feel the wrath of the "but i can build my own cheaper" crowd.

I like spec racing, may the fastest and best team win. period.

Hi Sean....

Here's is what I'm working on and working with on the engine package...
Mercury Racing has a great product and nothing against them....
But for what I need and what I'm looking for in return will not work with Mercury Racing....
1. I will only need around 424 to 450HP....cost will be a lot cheaper then a 525.
2. The engine Manufactures that I'm looking for and working deals on are ones that will be putting up a good portion of the first 5 engines so the cost of the first 5 teams are very low and will be rewarded for the early investent. (aprox. 6k - 8k+ less then the normal package).
3. Granted some racers may say I can do it cheaper....but it wont be much cheaper + the reputation of the engine builder I will get will be very well known for there work. (already have talk to 3 canidates).
4. The cost of engine work will be posted up front so any interested owners will know all expenses up front before joining the Series.
5. This is a spec class with exactly the same everything...hull, engine, prop, drive, ects. I only want teams that are interested in this type of racing...not who or what can do it cheaper.
6. One of the main reason of starting this Series is to keep cost down to the racers....and have a number of contingency programs with the differant equipment we are running that gose back to the racers....the other main reason is deck to deck racing with a class that dose not benifit a big wallet team over a low budget race team.

Sean H
12-15-2008, 08:39 PM
Hi Sean....

Here's is what I'm working on and working with on the engine package...
Mercury Racing has a great product and nothing against them....
But for what I need and what I'm looking for in return will not work with Mercury Racing....
1. I will only need around 424 to 450HP....cost will be a lot cheaper then a 525.
2. The engine Manufactures that I'm looking for and working deals on are ones that will be putting up a good portion of the first 5 engines so the cost of the first 5 teams are very low and will be rewarded for the early investent. (aprox. 6k - 8k+ less then the normal package).
3. Granted some racers may say I can do it cheaper....but it wont be much cheaper + the reputation of the engine builder I will get will be very well know for there work. (already have talk to 3 canidates).
4. The cost of engine work will be posted up front so any interested owners will know all expenses up front before joining the Series.
5. This is a spec class with exactly the same everything...hull, engine, prop, drive, ects. I only want teams that are interested in this type of racing...not who or what can do it cheaper.
6. One of the main reason of starting this Series is to keep cost down to the racers....and have a number of contingency programs with the differant equipment we are running that gose back to the racers....the other main reason is deck to deck racing with a class that dose not benifit a big wallet team over a low budget race team.

oh I agree with ya, I was just saying I have read too many times that a one source supplier is bad for racing. I don't think it is. I wasn't implying that you should have gone merc either... as long as you got somebody to support the series that is great.

MANITIE
12-15-2008, 09:11 PM
so with some quick math, I am guessing you are hoping to have 5 or 6 boats for the start of the 2010 season? (2 months per hull?)[/QUOTE]

The first hull is already done....my thinking is and hope is as soon as I pull the trigger on the first hull that Brian will be set up to do the next one...
I will run my boat in OPA class 6 till we have 4 or 5 boats and any of the following owners that do the same I will still pay the contingency money till we get the 4 or 5 boats...my hope would be to even do a couple little exibitions with even 3 boats so people can get an idea of the Series.
Depending on how well it is taking off...if 2 other owners purchase boats I will purchase the 4 boat to keep the building going....and put it up for sale...If I have to, I will lease the 4th boat for a couple of races to get as many boats out there as we can to put on a show....if all gose as planned and I have 3 or 4 other commited owners...we could have 4 to 5 teams by Sept or Oct. of 09.
My goal is for the second team owner after contingency paid out by Oct to only have aprox. 34k - 37k in his race boat. There will not be to may boaters that can go out and buy a 26 foot performance boat with the equipment in for that type of money....

The second option I just started to look into but I'm not saying I am sold on it yet is having a leasing program on the engine. I may look at it after the first 4 or 5 boats are sold....

If we had 8 to 9 boats by the start of the 2010 season in May I woud think it would be diffinatly on the right track....

MANITIE
12-15-2008, 09:18 PM
oh I agree with ya, I was just saying I have read too many times that a one source supplier is bad for racing. I don't think it is. I wasn't implying that you should have gone merc either... as long as you got somebody to support the series that is great.

Yes I agree with you and I have heard the same....but I really heard it in the bigger class's, in F1 none of us said we need multible engine builders and packages.....we were all fine with the Merc HP500....it was Merc that had the 500 carb...then threw in the 500 EFI...then the 525...and said we are doing away with the HP500....it keeps putting the racers into a position to spend more money and there equipment was becoming obsolete....that to me was not a good thing and hurt Factory racing....here I'm saying...the engine package will be the engine package....no trying to upgrade to get the racers to buy newer equipment every 3 years....

Gordo
12-16-2008, 01:46 PM
This should be a great program for offshore racing. Taking a tried-and-true formula that worked in the past, fine tune it for present day economics,This could easily become a true "Race of Champions" series for the future of Offshore. Affordable yet competitive. Best of luck to all the teams getting in on the Ground floor !!!

MANITIE
12-16-2008, 05:33 PM
This should be a great program for offshore racing. Taking a tried-and-true formula that worked in the past, fine tune it for present day economics,This could easily become a true "Race of Champions" series for the future of Offshore. Affordable yet competitive. Best of luck to all the teams getting in on the Ground floor !!!

Hey Gordo..it was great to see ya in Key West......this would be a great class for you and the wife to kick some butt in.....

RumRunner
12-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Gino,

Will these be closed cooling systems or open?

MANITIE
12-17-2008, 09:05 PM
Gino,

Will these be closed cooling systems or open?'

On the original package it was going to be closed....with the new builders that have shown interest, I am letting them summit to me what they feel is the best overall packages they can supplie....I feel confident with the number of builders I have talk to and there work is more then proven...I have open my choises on other manufactures blocks. I want a manufactures backing..but at the same time I want a manufacture that has a proven product and reliability....We all can find someone to build a engine cheap....but I need to find both worlds...inexpensive but very reliabile and has the expertice to be able to put this package together on a Series level...

On the hole Series project...I have spent the most time on options of engines,sponsorships and programs....I have a good feeling with the hull pick of Joker Powerboats....I want the same good feeling on the engine package and builder and make sure it will work on the budget we need to be on....

Any input from you is more then welcome....feel free to email me....

Thanks
Gino

THEJOKER
12-17-2008, 10:26 PM
Just to add some information about our 26 Joker. We built Tyler's boat in 10 weeks and right on schedule. Tyler's boat has a solid fiberglass bottom (no core) and is bullet proof. Tyler will gladly tell you how we operate and he's told me more than once " My 26 Joker is the best boat I've ever owned"! We now have a 17,000 sq ft shop and can produce the boats faster and even better. One thing I committed to Gino was to change the dash and make it just like a 36 Gladiator (flat panel). The 26 Joker is a straight v and will turn like a go cart , it's fast , safe and race proven. It's a great rough water boat also. We're supporting Gino 100% and our hearts and soul is in his series. We truly appreciate the opporunity to show you our passion for spec offshore powerboat racing!

Brian Hollis and David Goode

RumRunner
12-17-2008, 11:28 PM
Gino,

Check you PM...

MANITIE
12-18-2008, 02:46 PM
Thanks Brian and Doug....

Just an update....I'm meeting again with one of the manufactures reps on Friday..and the info being brought back to the table from both the Munufactures and builders have been great info.....the one thing that is a very possitive aspect to the Series is...the Manufactures and some builders are very farmilar with this type of Road Racing Series...and they can see the potental for it....the only differacne is its on the Water...they have seen its success over the years in road racing so I'm not fighting a uphill battle...they can vision it quite well. So even in this economy its good to see there excitment and possitive attitude on there feelings on the Series.......

rtaylor
12-25-2008, 06:24 PM
Can you please give an idea on the race sites you are thinking of?

Thanks.

Randy Taylor

Wardey
12-26-2008, 10:26 AM
Gino and Brian, I hope this takes off. Best of luck with it. You have some great ideas and like Gordo said, it worked in the past. You will always have the cry babies complaining about this and that but you will also have the loyal few that will keep it going. Dave

MANITIE
12-26-2008, 11:36 AM
Can you please give an idea on the race sites you are thinking of?

Thanks.

Randy Taylor

Hi Randy....

I talked to Smitty and he is all supportive of the Series....like always he is always supporting anything to better our sport....plus it will make it easier on my race team being we race in OPA....you can go onto the OPA race site and check out there race schedule....my plan will be to race the first 26 Joker in Class 6 till there is enough boats to have our own race... and run my boat in Class 2or 1 the same weekend....let me know if I can answer anymore questions on the Series for you.....

MANITIE
12-26-2008, 11:39 AM
Gino and Brian, I hope this takes off. Best of luck with it. You have some great ideas and like Gordo said, it worked in the past. You will always have the cry babies complaining about this and that but you will also have the loyal few that will keep it going. Dave

Thanks Dave....I think once we get a few boats out there....we will really see it come together....

MANITIE
12-26-2008, 11:45 AM
Here is the 2009 OPA Schedule to give you an idea...

June 6-7 Ocean City Md
July 25-26 Harrison Twp
Aug 1-2 St Clair
Aug 22-23 Patchogue
Sept 5-6 Point Pleasant
Sept 19 -20 Cambridge
Oct 10-11 Chattanooga

Pending race dates May 9-10 TBA
June 27-28 TBA

I will probably do 5 or 6 races in 2009 in the Joker....

MANITIE
12-29-2008, 11:48 AM
I talked to Tyler on Sat. and he is willing to run his 26 Joker in the Series with our engine and drive....Since we need boats right now...I will grandfather his boat in till we get a good boat count for the Series..at that time the owners can vote on if they want to keep his boat grandfather....his boat dose weight more then the Series 26's we will run...and the rigging will not be exactly like the Series boats but the engine, drive and X dem. will be rigged exactally to the Series boats ....but since the success of the Series will come down to boat count it is in the best interest of the Series to allow Tyles boat in for the first 2 years....with my hull already done and Tylers boat ready...and with Brians Team...we could have 3 boats ready by the beginning of April with a 4 boat done by the beginning of the OPA season...and would put us right on schedule with a possible 6+ teams by the Chattanogga race....thanks for all the input and all the folks that have contacted me about the Series and all the support the Series is getting.....it makes it worth the time and money that is being put in to putting this Series together...

1- Gino Marronne
2- Brian Hollis
3- Tyler Crocket
4-
5-Eddie Simmons (strong possibility)
6-
7-
9-
10-

I also have a few other teams that are interested in the Series and will get in contact with them to list them on here...I have been doing the Holiday thing over the last 12 days along with everyone else has....

Ryan Beckley
12-29-2008, 01:05 PM
You are shooting yourself in the foot already if you allow Tylers boat in, all you have done is talk about parity and changing the rules before your ever start racing? Are you going to allow Miklos and MA in with there Corsa's too?

RumRunner
12-29-2008, 01:35 PM
You are hooting yourself in the foot already if you allow Tylers boat in, all you have done is talk about parity and changing the rules before your ever start racing? Are you going to allow Miklos and MA in with there Corsa's too?

I already asked that :biggrinjester:

and the answer is no since there would be too much to change to keep parity...

MANITIE
12-29-2008, 02:52 PM
You are hooting yourself in the foot already if you allow Tylers boat in, all you have done is talk about parity and changing the rules before your ever start racing? Are you going to allow Miklos and MA in with there Corsa's too?

Ryan....thanks for your input....but thats not how I see it or a lot of others...
Do you know anything about Tylers boat?
Do you know its weight?
Have you seen it rigged?
Do you know how differantly it is built to our 26's will be?
Since you have some negitive thoughts on this destition....should you not know everyting about the boat inquestion....or will you be one of those guys who will just find fault on things....

And No...Steve and Mikes boats will not fit in....Tylers boat is the only one that was built to being very close to our Sereis boats....

But here is the Question.....
The teams that are willing to committ to the Series have no problem with it....if anything he will be at a disadvantage to our boats...the owners will have a vote on when and if they want to elimnate his 26 in the Series....its Tyler that is willing to make all the changes to his boat...and spend that money....and in return he will be helping our Series.....
Like I said in earlier posts....we will always find folks to complain about everything a Org dose..
This desition I have made will 100% help the Series out for our boat count so we can at least put on some exabition races till we get the boat count to run the Series races....I'm sorry you feel its shooting myself in the foot....and again..thanks for your input...but looking at the whole picture....this Series needs to have boats to race against to show new racers this is a good investment with good compitition..and if you really see Tylers boat and ours and the rigging...in my mind you would see why my thinking went to approve this....

RumRunner
12-29-2008, 03:04 PM
Typical boat racing (you know scratch that.. Tyipcal racing) guys *****ing and complaining about something that has 100% zero affect of them...

MOBILEMERCMAN
12-29-2008, 03:17 PM
Typical boat racing (you know scratch that.. Tyipcal racing) guys *****ing and complaining about something that has 100% zero affect of them...

Nobody likes racing more than Ryan. He and I are for all racers.

I think you have to admit grand fathering in a boat and changing rules before the first race is a surprise. It may be a good Idea. I will not argue that. I have no skin in this game.

I'm for ya Gino and I doubt Ryan is against you.

Good luck and Happy New Year

RumRunner
12-29-2008, 03:20 PM

I think you have to admit grand fathering in a boat and changing rules before the first race is a surprise. It may be a good Idea. I will not argue that. I have no skin in this game.

Jim,

I wasn't slamming Ryan (OK not directly :) I just see this in many series and many levels. I had it the other day with some NHRA P/S guys complaining to the tech about making some parts legal that their engine builder already had on order...

It just goes back to the whole deal that in a 3rd or 4th teir motorsport like Offshore is we all have to pull together...

Doug

MANITIE
12-29-2008, 03:49 PM

Hey Jim....I'm not saying Ryan is against me....and I also said thank you for his input...also in early posts I told Ryan I respect his input he has towards the Series...we don't have to agree with each other...and thats why I asked dose he really know Tylers boat and really know how ours will be rigged...Now..once Ryan see's Tylers boat and rigging and one of ours and the rigging and weight differance and then says I'm shooting myself in the foot becasue of the 2 boats then I would say he has made that statement based on this and that..but this is grandfathering a 26 Joker that weights over 600+ lbs more then ours becasue of the way he did the bottom....it came out of the same mold as ours will....his dash will be differant and a few things like guages and were exactly his pumps and minor equipment is located....if this boat ends up having any advantage then ours, changes will be made to it....but on the race course this boat will look just like ours and run just like ours....but lets not loose site of this Series and what it will take to get it going....we need to be able to get as many boats out there to put on a race...If Tylers boat gets us to the 4th or 5th boat in the Series so we can start the racing Series....that will be only a good thing....and also help us get more teams committed....If any team owner will not purchase one of our boats because of Tylers...they can contact me and I will take care of it so he will still join our Series.

nocigarette
12-29-2008, 08:07 PM
Hey Jim....I'm not saying Ryan is against me....and I also said thank you for his input...also in early posts I told Ryan I respect his input he has towards the Series...we don't have to agree with each other...and thats why I asked dose he really know Tylers boat and really know how ours will be rigged...Now..once Ryan see's Tylers boat and rigging and one of ours and the rigging and weight differance and then says I'm shooting myself in the foot becasue of the 2 boats then I would say he has made that statement based on this and that..but this is grandfathering a 26 Joker that weights over 600+ lbs more then ours becasue of the way he did the bottom....it came out of the same mold as ours will....his dash will be differant and a few things like guages and were exactly his pumps and minor equipment is located....if this boat ends up having any advantage then ours, changes will be made to it....but on the race course this boat will look just like ours and run just like ours....but lets not loose site of this Series and what it will take to get it going....we need to be able to get as many boats out there to put on a race...If Tylers boat gets us to the 4th or 5th boat in the Series so we can start the racing Series....that will be only a good thing....and also help us get more teams committed....If any team owner will not purchase one of our boats because of Tylers...they can contact me and I will take care of it so he will still join our Series.

I think that everybody loves the idea, but we are all skeptical of how ( fair ) it will actually hash out......I am not saying or bashing anybody but the first thing about this program is fairness, that is what will make it appealing.......It has to be a equal and trusted engine builder (not picked as far as i know) equal boat builder (no brainer joker is as close to perfect as they come) drive and rigging..........If you (gino) are going to get the ball rolling rule changes off the bat already scare people......We all would love a equal playing field to prove we can outdrive and out throttle the field......
IT IS PARAMOUNT TO KEEP THE SUPPLIERS AND BUILDERS ON A FAIR AND EVEN PALYING FIELD....

Again gino this is a great idea and i think it has wings.....Good luck

MANITIE
12-29-2008, 09:22 PM
I think that everybody loves the idea, but we are all skeptical of how ( fair ) it will actually hash out......I am not saying or bashing anybody but the first thing about this program is fairness, that is what will make it appealing.......It has to be a equal and trusted engine builder (not picked as far as i know) equal boat builder (no brainer joker is as close to perfect as they come) drive and rigging..........If you (gino) are going to get the ball rolling rule changes off the bat already scare people......We all would love a equal playing field to prove we can outdrive and out throttle the field......
IT IS PARAMOUNT TO KEEP THE SUPPLIERS AND BUILDERS ON A FAIR AND EVEN PALYING FIELD....

Again gino this is a great idea and i think it has wings.....Good luck

I understand what your saying....but the guys that have committed, have no problem with Tylers boat....and I have not had 1 potental team owner call me with any concern....like I said...if your a team owner and are going to purchase one of our boats....I will take care of your concerns. But if the owners I have in the Series have no problem and they want another boat out there that is the same as ours....and they know it will build our Series not to mention the compitition....which will bring in more teams, then yes to bring in his boat is a plus for ever team that is a part of the Series, which they can vote to have the boat no longer grandfathered in.

As far as keeping the suppliers and builders on a fair and even playing feild...the suppliers are simple...I have been contacting a number of suppliers and giving them a chance to be part of the Series buy discounting the equipment we will be needing on a sponsorship program. We will all be running all the same equipment, and we will be using the suppliers picked for our parts now and in the furture. As far as the engine builder and manufacture...I have been talking and working with 2 manufactures on sponsorship deals and 4 engine builders...and have been working with every builder that has contacted me and have heard them out and given them a oppertunity to summitt what they can do for the Series...all 4 builders are very repitable and are Marine builders. I have had a number of ways to go with the engine building for the HP we will need. I have taken the time to hear them out and weight the options before deciding. I feel very confident on all 4 builders work and would be very comfortable with any of them in our Series....but in the end it will be a price issue to keep our boats under 50k and we will need as much backing from the suppliers and builder along with the engine manufacture to give us the most assistance as possible...I can easly keep the price of the boat under the 50k with some cheap equipment...but thats not what I want in the Series...I'm working with some of the best equipment out there today in Offshore racing for us to be using...

Fast Shafts
12-29-2008, 11:23 PM
Gino,
I think your doing the right thing by allowing Tylers boat. Your letting the teams know upfront this is a 'two year deal" with the option of the participants voting after two years. I haven't heard any of the participants complain? Even NASCAR changes their rules during the year in the interest of fair competition.
Welcome to class 6 in the mean time!!
Bob G.

THEJOKER
12-30-2008, 12:37 AM
Tyler would be a major contributor and we built his boat. All boats would weigh the same and all hulls would be identical. I know how hard it is trying to get a series going. Gino needs all the suppport and boats he can get. Keep pushing Gino!

Ted
12-30-2008, 12:41 AM
Is there enough spare material in there to lightem Tyler's boat by 600 lbs.?? The extra weight might be an advantage in the rough.

MANITIE
12-30-2008, 10:50 AM
Gino,
I think your doing the right thing by allowing Tylers boat. Your letting the teams know upfront this is a 'two year deal" with the option of the participants voting after two years. I haven't heard any of the participants complain? Even NASCAR changes their rules during the year in the interest of fair competition.
Welcome to class 6 in the mean time!!
Bob G.

Thanks Bob....
And to anybody interested, I'm keeping everyone in the loop on what is progressing....not just the committed owners...some Orgs have votes behind close doors just with there members...I'm keeping everyone informed in a open forum on what is taking place...not just to the committed members but to anyone who is thinking about joining our Series...and hearing there input...Again...if there is a team owner that will not join us becasue of Tylers boat and is ready to purchase one of our boats...I will work out a deal with Tyler on a new boat...even if it comes down to me putting up some of my own money to get Tyler in a new boat...just for him making the changes to his current boat to help our Series....

MANITIE
12-30-2008, 10:52 AM
Is there enough spare material in there to lightem Tyler's boat by 600 lbs.?? The extra weight might be an advantage in the rough.

Ted..thanks for the question....we already have a number of ways to handle this if it becomes a problem....and remember...our boats will have a ballist tank in them....

Tyler Crockett
12-31-2008, 12:08 AM

Yes close that frozen custard stand across the street from the pit's in Pt. Pleasent were George likes to hang out........:D

Wanted Racing
12-31-2008, 07:16 AM
U guys better watch out, I am on Gino's throttles.(ain't scared):party::sifone:

MANITIE
12-31-2008, 10:02 AM

Billy....I told you not to let the cat out of the bag yet.....:biggrinjester:

BobbyB
12-31-2008, 10:06 AM

Yeah you were scared in cambridge you didnt even show since you knew i was on the throttles in Gino's boat.:biggrinjester::26::rofl:

Ted
12-31-2008, 10:09 AM
Yes close that frozen custard stand across the street from the pit's in Pt. Pleasent were George likes to hang out........:D

LOL :rofl:

MANITIE
12-31-2008, 10:14 AM
Yeah you were scared in cambridge you didnt even show since you knew i was on the throttles in Gino's boat.:biggrinjester::26::rofl:

You got to love it...what better way to go out of 2008...but with a little trash talken.....

BobbyB
12-31-2008, 01:03 PM
You got to love it...what better way to go out of 2008...but with a little trash talken.....

Have a Happy New Year! I will try and give you a call in the next few days to catch up.

MANITIE
12-31-2008, 02:20 PM
Have a Happy New Year! I will try and give you a call in the next few days to catch up.

I'm leaving to head to Gatlinburg,TN in the moring till Monday...going to do some relaxing....I'll chat with you when I get back....hope your feeling better...

Happy New Years to everyone....and thanks again for all the input and support on the Series....

I have a conferance call on Friday with one of the engine manufactures again....we are very close to putting a pretty good sponsorship deal together were it will work for us and we will have the backing we will need...If things go as planned I should be announcing the engine manufacture and engine builder within the next 2 to 3 weeks....I will not make the announcment till the contracts are signed....

GARBAGEMAN
01-01-2009, 06:39 AM

uh Gino thats Talk-n-Trash

MANITIE
01-01-2009, 10:47 AM
uh Gino thats Talk-n-Trash

Hey Jimmy.......Sorry....Talk-n-Trash...I'm still a little slow becasue of the Holidays....to much drinking.....Its sad when you have to take 4 days off to do a little drinking to recover from the drinking from the Holidays.....

MarylandMark
01-01-2009, 03:41 PM
BobbyB- you should run in this series!!

THEJOKER
01-01-2009, 08:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMaFLf3fiJk&NR=1 Not the Phantom I know and don't listen to the commentary.

kirby
01-03-2009, 05:42 AM
Wow )

MANITIE
01-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Check out a simular Series oversea's in the Honda Fomula 4 Series....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePzKpqMuORw - 107k

fastedy
01-06-2009, 08:45 AM
Are you looking at Stern Drives or Outboards for your Power? I would think Stern Drive would be more saleable in the States

MANITIE
01-06-2009, 10:21 AM
Are you looking at Stern Drives or Outboards for your Power? I would think Stern Drive would be more saleable in the States

Hey Eddie....we will be going with a stern drive....after looking at weight and options for HP the stern drive is the way to go along with the lower cost...I've been talking for the last month to the folks at GM and a engine builder on the ASA Series about there Series engines and there procedures and how they police there engines for cheating...we will be going with the the Bravo drive....as far as going with a XR or just a bravo the XR would be much more durable which you know, but again pending on how I can get everything priced out will be the outcome on which drive...
If you don't mined ,I want to get your opion on a few things on the rigging since you have been running single engine boats for a good while now to compare with others.....I'll talk to ya soon.....

MANITIE
01-16-2009, 08:18 PM
While I'm waiting for the answer on the engines manufactures responds on my latest proposal on the engine sponsorship....I started to look for a Rig for the Series....I have been looking new but if anyone knows of any used 40 - 48 foot trailers with a 5th wheel let me know....I know John C has his 48 footer goose neck for sale and I contacted him and I know Steve M has bought one about a year ago at his shop... I'm thinking I will be able to put my Joker in the trailer and pull it in with a winch and tow it around with the Dually thats pulling the trailer....and still be able to put a spare engine in there along with some parts that we can have in the trailer...since we will all be using the same parts..I will be able to bring 1 whole rigging kit that would be going on the next boat and use any parts that are needed for that race and just reorder when I get back....or at least if some teams buy some spare parts and another team needs something...there will be a good change someone will have it......I have a company that is willing to do the rig in vinyl for around 4k as part of a sponsorship.....but if anyone knows a company that is willing to do it for less please let me know....I was told a rig that size could normally run over 10k to vinyl

Thanks

THEJOKER
01-17-2009, 10:23 AM
Keep pushing Gino. We're here and ready. Love the idea of putting the boat in a trailer!

DPT MOTORSPORTS
01-19-2009, 11:31 PM
WOW!!! Things seem to be really coming along. What will the name of the Class be once it is on it's own and not in Class 6? Would love to see a Birth of a 26' Joker thread like I did for Randy quite a few years back. Keep up all the hard work Gino and congrats to all involved.

DPT

nocigarette
01-20-2009, 09:15 AM
I'm leaving to head to Gatlinburg,TN in the moring till Monday...going to do some relaxing....I'll chat with you when I get back....hope your feeling better...

Happy New Years to everyone....and thanks again for all the input and support on the Series....

I have a conferance call on Friday with one of the engine manufactures again....we are very close to putting a pretty good sponsorship deal together were it will work for us and we will have the backing we will need...If things go as planned I should be announcing the engine manufacture and engine builder within the next 2 to 3 weeks....I will not make the announcment till the contracts are signed....

WOW, this has really taken shape quickly for ya gino.......I am sure it has been a lot of work and well worth it.....I cant wait to see ya guys run in O.C.........That was the first place i raced at....That is were i realized how important it is to have a engine builder that has race support.....Frank (scorpion racing engines) flew there to support us in our first race he had two other boats their beside ours and spent most of the time helping each of us as much as he could....He is at a lot of races for the teams that run his motors, great guy and a knowledgeable as they come.....Good luck and keep us posted.....:26::26::26::26:

F1-00 Racing
01-20-2009, 09:35 AM
Congrats Gino! Finally someone with a plan. Looks like you have all the bases covered. Best of luck to you in this new endeavor.

Trent

MANITIE
01-20-2009, 11:38 AM
WOW!!! Things seem to be really coming along. What will the name of the Class be once it is on it's own and not in Class 6? Would love to see a Birth of a 26' Joker thread like I did for Randy quite a few years back. Keep up all the hard work Gino and congrats to all involved.

DPT

DPT.....That is a great idea...once we get started I will start a thread with the boat being rigged....as far as the name of the Series...I will be giving the Series name to the biggest sponsor for that year...like NASCAR dose...like the NEXTEL SERIES and SPRINT SERIES.....I have included a 2 year deal to both the engines manufactures for the Series name with there sponsorship and my requirements...so the first 2 years it will be one of them....after that I will give them first rights for a new contracts and accociate sponsors will be located right after the race number on the boat.....and will be done on a yearly bases....as far as the name of the Series...like NASCAR....Brian H has given me the rights to ORL that he started and I'm looking at a few other names...I will pick a name by the end of Feb. so my accountant can put together the LLC for the Series....

Thanks for the input...

MANITIE
01-20-2009, 11:44 AM
WOW, this has really taken shape quickly for ya gino.......I am sure it has been a lot of work and well worth it.....I cant wait to see ya guys run in O.C.........That was the first place i raced at....That is were i realized how important it is to have a engine builder that has race support.....Frank (scorpion racing engines) flew there to support us in our first race he had two other boats their beside ours and spent most of the time helping each of us as much as he could....He is at a lot of races for the teams that run his motors, great guy and a knowledgeable as they come.....Good luck and keep us posted.....:26::26::26::26:

Nocigarette...you are right....that's what every Series needs...a engine builder that is willing to help the teams that are racing there product...its a win win for both the builder and the racer....

MANITIE
01-20-2009, 11:46 AM
Congrats Gino! Finally someone with a plan. Looks like you have all the bases covered. Best of luck to you in this new endeavor.

Trent

Thanks Trent....and you being a F1 guy...I would hope you would be part of our Series one day....we all have talked about the old days in F1...but how great would it be to have the newer F1 guys like yourself..racing against some of them old timers like Steve M. (Sorry Steve) going at it....

MANITIE
01-20-2009, 12:00 PM
After talking to a lot of guys that are interested...we will be going with Dry pipes....some have asked...will they be tractor pipes coming streight up or out the transom...I have heard the + and - of both sides but have not made that decision yet...and feel free to give anymore input in....

AIR TIME
01-20-2009, 12:08 PM
gino congrats hey you could go to a bravo1 x they are close to a bravo in price and have a tower, and finned heavy cap like the xr but with bravo gears which will wear longer and use less hp than the xr cut gears which are stonger but slower. I have had a 89bravo1 on my boat with 585hp to 650 hp from 95 to 05 thats ten years with 600hp and before that with 330 and 390hp from 89 to 94 . the drive still worked put was to old for a imco shortie so I put together a 01 drive with a shortie in 06 it ran good all stock until it was stolen in 07. so the b1 x should be perfect for 450hp. good luck I hope to build a 28 joker, I got a new DEAN GELLNER 1050hp being built for my 24 now but plan on putting it in a 28 joker just need to save some more cash like I did with the motor no loans just cash ha hah

MANITIE
01-21-2009, 11:04 AM
gino congrats hey you could go to a bravo1 x they are close to a bravo in price and have a tower, and finned heavy cap like the xr but with bravo gears which will wear longer and use less hp than the xr cut gears which are stonger but slower. I have had a 89bravo1 on my boat with 585hp to 650 hp from 95 to 05 thats ten years with 600hp and before that with 330 and 390hp from 89 to 94 . the drive still worked put was to old for a imco shortie so I put together a 01 drive with a shortie in 06 it ran good all stock until it was stolen in 07. so the b1 x should be perfect for 450hp. good luck I hope to build a 28 joker, I got a new DEAN GELLNER 1050hp being built for my 24 now but plan on putting it in a 28 joker just need to save some more cash like I did with the motor no loans just cash ha hah

Right now I'm working on running the HP gimble with a XR....but to do that and keep the boat under 50k I need to get a few other big part items prices down with some sponsorship assistance....but with a little luck and some more assistance I think it can still be done.....
Thanks for some good input and giving us some options....

MarylandMark
01-21-2009, 09:52 PM
I will be giving the Series name to the biggest sponsor for that year...like NASCAR dose...like the NEXTEL SERIES and SPRINT SERIES.....I have included a 2 year deal to both the engines manufactures for the Series name with there sponsorship and my requirements...so the first 2 years it will be one of them....after that I will give them first rights for a new contracts and accociate sponsors will be located right after the race number on the boat.....and will be done on a yearly bases....as far as the name of the Series...like NASCAR

FWIW- I do not like this idea. Boat racing is confusing enough with 10 different orgs running 50 different classes (random numbers but you get the point). Changing the name every year would add to the mess.

Nascar was "Winston Cup" for 32 years and then Nextel signed a 10 year deal. 2 names in almost 4 decades- consistency works well.

The only reason it went from Nextel to Sprint-Nextel to Sprint Cup had nothing to do with the series; was because the phone companies merged. (saying if the phone company stayed named "Nextel" the series would have as well).

Biggest $$ sponsor gets best decal placement- after a few years if the series takes off (hopefully it will!!) then award the top sponsor with a long term deal with series naming part of the package.

F1-00 Racing
01-21-2009, 10:47 PM
Mark,

I see your point but Nascar is 61 years old and was turning 21 when RjR became the title sponsor and hence Winston Cup was born. What did Nascar call their series for the 21 years b4 that?(I remember Grand National, but thats about all I remember)

Gino needs all he can get to lure money and/or contengiencies out of a potential sponsor right now. If it(the series) changes names for the next 21 years thats great cause that means the series is still up and going. In these economic times having a title series sponsor even for just year to year will be monumental. Yes I agree with you down the road about consistency, but you have to crawl b4 you walk.

Remember also, look at what is going on in nascar now, dei/ganassi started last year with 6 teams, now they will be down to 2 after the 500. As much as I hate to admit it, lets be real, Offshore racing is at the bottom of the motorsports foodchain! basically because of what you mentioned above, too many groups, too many classes, the real reason....egoes. And as long as sandbagging is allowed, P class will remain the joke of offshore.

What Gino is doing is innovative and it will work.

Trent

MANITIE
01-22-2009, 11:38 AM
FWIW- I do not like this idea. Boat racing is confusing enough with 10 different orgs running 50 different classes (random numbers but you get the point). Changing the name every year would add to the mess.

Nascar was "Winston Cup" for 32 years and then Nextel signed a 10 year deal. 2 names in almost 4 decades- consistency works well.

The only reason it went from Nextel to Sprint-Nextel to Sprint Cup had nothing to do with the series; was because the phone companies merged. (saying if the phone company stayed named "Nextel" the series would have as well).

Biggest $$ sponsor gets best decal placement- after a few years if the series takes off (hopefully it will!!) then award the top sponsor with a long term deal with series naming part of the package.

Hi Mark....thank you for your input.....here is why I have choise to take this approach....
First....As we all know, to get any sponsor to put up there money you have to show a good return on there money....to put a sticker on a car or boat is not the advertising....even if there are 100k fans in the stands watching...your not going to see a sticker on the car at that distance and thats not the advertising....its the TV that is doing the advertsing for them...the camera shoots that show the name....and they also go after that driver/team that fans are loyal to...that also will get people to buy there product....We in Offshore do not have that backing with that kind of following....But the one thing I have learned in sponsorship in Offshore is that it is a lot easier to approach a company with a big name Series sponsor backing your race Series....it shows credibility along with the big marketing furms that work for these company do a lot of calculating to make sure they will get there return from it....so my first approach was, I need to make it easier for the race teams to get sponsors..becasue with them having some backing, it takes alot of the finacial berdon off the owner...second the more real name sponsors that are backing our teams it gives even more credibilty to the Series...Thats also why I will hold littler siminars on getting sponsorships to help out teams...In the 9 years of racing, in all the meetings I had with potental sponsors...this question has come up everytime..." What major companys are currently sponsoring your sport"...and if there is none...there next question is "WHY NOT" your sell becomes that much harder....

Second...The thinking is....I want to keep my engine manufacture as long as I can as the Series sponsor...outside of the hull...it is the most important part of racing....it is also the reason I am taking as long as I am with the whole sponsorship package....I am talking with them on long term contracts....but I'm not going to close the door on myself either....times are very tough...but like any business....if our Series brings in potential sponsors that see a certain value to them...and they want to put up a dollor amount that is more then the curent Series sponsor at the end of there contract...of course you will look at that....and you also have to remember....we have to pay our race teams....that money has to come from somewhere....but the brand name will be the name of the Series....that will not change....only the Series sponsor name has a chance of changing at the end of there contracts....there is also a lot more to what I just wrote that is also involved but....but I hope this will explain the reason behind my thinking.....

Thanks again Mark for your comments.....

MANITIE
01-22-2009, 11:52 AM
Mark,

I see your point but Nascar is 61 years old and was turning 21 when RjR became the title sponsor and hence Winston Cup was born. What did Nascar call their series for the 21 years b4 that?(I remember Grand National, but thats about all I remember)

Gino needs all he can get to lure money and/or contengiencies out of a potential sponsor right now. If it(the series) changes names for the next 21 years thats great cause that means the series is still up and going. In these economic times having a title series sponsor even for just year to year will be monumental. Yes I agree with you down the road about consistency, but you have to crawl b4 you walk.

Remember also, look at what is going on in nascar now, dei/ganassi started last year with 6 teams, now they will be down to 2 after the 500. As much as I hate to admit it, lets be real, Offshore racing is at the bottom of the motorsports foodchain! basically because of what you mentioned above, too many groups, too many classes, the real reason....egoes. And as long as sandbagging is allowed, P class will remain the joke of offshore.

What Gino is doing is innovative and it will work.

Trent

Trent....thanks for your response....and you are exactly right....if there are companys that are willing to out bid for a Series sponsorship at the end of ones contract...then yes....we have built something that has value and will have made great strides for our sport...

MarylandMark
01-22-2009, 06:45 PM
Good points and thanks for your insight!

2TR
01-22-2009, 07:29 PM
And as long as sandbagging is allowed, P class will remain the joke of offshore.

Trent

??

F1-00 Racing
01-23-2009, 03:05 AM
??

Whats your question, Rick?

My statement looks pretty black and white to me:sifone:

Disclaimer: referring to ALL P class, not any particular organization and/or club

also with this being a whole can of worms unto itself, I can be reached in the evenings @321-508-3077 if you care to discuss. I dont want to taint Gino's productive thread any further.

Good luck Gino and by all means if there is any help I can offer, by all means let me know and if you want to relive your days in F1 just let me know, I'll bring the "flying cofin" out of retirement only for you. shes up to 90.4 now. not bad for a stock 500.

Trent

nocigarette
01-23-2009, 10:12 AM
"I dont want to taint Gino's productive thread any further."

well said......lets get back to the task at hand.....

Wazzup Racing
01-23-2009, 05:02 PM
??

ass ole

MOBILEMERCMAN
01-23-2009, 06:48 PM
ass ole

2TR didn't make the comment F1-00 did

Tyler Crockett
01-23-2009, 11:33 PM
Hi Mark....thank you for your input.....here is why I have choise to take this approach....
First....As we all know, to get any sponsor to put up there money you have to show a good return on there money....to put a sticker on a car or boat is not the advertising....even if there are 100k fans in the stands watching...your not going to see a sticker on the car at that distance and thats not the advertising....its the TV that is doing the advertsing for them...the camera shoots that show the name....and they also go after that driver/team that fans are loyal to...that also will get people to buy there product....We in Offshore do not have that backing with that kind of following....But the one thing I have learned in sponsorship in Offshore is that it is a lot easier to approach a company with a big name Series sponsor backing your race Series....it shows credibility along with the big marketing furms that work for these company do a lot of calculating to make sure they will get there return from it....so my first approach was, I need to make it easier for the race teams to get sponsors..becasue with them having some backing, it takes alot of the finacial berdon off the owner...second the more real name sponsors that are backing our teams it gives even more credibilty to the Series...Thats also why I will hold littler siminars on getting sponsorships to help out teams...In the 9 years of racing, in all the meetings I had with potental sponsors...this question has come up everytime..." What major companys are currently sponsoring your sport"...and if there is none...there next question is "WHY NOT" your sell becomes that much harder....

Second...The thinking is....I want to keep my engine manufacture as long as I can as the Series sponsor...outside of the hull...it is the most important part of racing....it is also the reason I am taking as long as I am with the whole sponsorship package....I am talking with them on long term contracts....but I'm not going to close the door on myself either....times are very tough...but like any business....if our Series brings in potential sponsors that see a certain value to them...and they want to put up a dollor amount that is more then the curent Series sponsor at the end of there contract...of course you will look at that....and you also have to remember....we have to pay our race teams....that money has to come from somewhere....but the brand name will be the name of the Series....that will not change....only the Series sponsor name has a chance of changing at the end of there contracts....there is also a lot more to what I just wrote that is also involved but....but I hope this will explain the reason behind my thinking.....

Thanks again Mark for your comments.....

Gino how long did it take you to type all that ??

MANITIE
01-24-2009, 10:39 AM
Tyler....I started writing it on New Years Eve....I was hoping someone would ask that question.....I just got lucky....you rat basterd.....If I didn't know better I would think you are telling me I have a writing problem....:biggrinjester:....you just get that little boat of yours ready to race against me.....because with George in the boat with you and only 450 hp....hitting the dash yelling go faster..is not going to help you....plus....how cool will it be when you take the checkerd flag on the water.....and not have to give it back at the awards:rofl:.............................Sorry....I had to go there.......but you know I'm just kidding...I'm really looking foward to running against you guys....:26:

MANITIE
01-27-2009, 04:49 PM
While I'm waiting to hear back on one of the engine manufactures....I wanted to start on talking to some boat trailer company's....I know Myco is one of the best and is all I have ever used, but Bill T can only do but so much on his prices....anyone else know of a good boat trailer company that they have had good success with...

Thanks
Gino

THEJOKER
01-27-2009, 09:37 PM
http://www.ameratrail.com/ Ask for Scott the owner. He was on board w/ ORL. Mention my name.

MANITIE
01-27-2009, 09:50 PM
Thanks Brian......

Wahoo 214
01-29-2009, 10:55 AM
http://www.ameratrail.com/ Ask for Scott the owner. He was on board w/ ORL. Mention my name.

I have had to Ameratrails, the first was Alluminum under the cat. EVERY weld on it cracked where the weld met the AL. I called them and was told that they had had a lot of trouble with that but it was out of warranty.

The other is under my fountain and most of the welds, except the axle hangers, are still in tacked.

skaterdave
01-29-2009, 10:12 PM
gino, i have a Amertrail under my DW. i have no problems with the welding, but somebody forgot to grease the bearing when they assemblied the hubs. i barely got the thing back from dougs. amertrial did send me new parts but i was kinda pissed about i had to waste a day and replace them myself. also i had to rip all the wiring for the lights off. some brain-child used the wrong crimpers and put a hole in every crimp. took about 5 or so dunks in the gulf and i was having problems. plus look at the welds, theres a reason while they have to powder coat them compared to myco's. myco got some really good welders over there, but are a little on the pricey side. for ecomonical reasons why not use one of the production aluminum boat trailer manufactures?

MANITIE
01-30-2009, 02:23 PM
gino, i have a Amertrail under my DW. i have no problems with the welding, but somebody forgot to grease the bearing when they assemblied the hubs. i barely got the thing back from dougs. amertrial did send me new parts but i was kinda pissed about i had to waste a day and replace them myself. also i had to rip all the wiring for the lights off. some brain-child used the wrong crimpers and put a hole in every crimp. took about 5 or so dunks in the gulf and i was having problems. plus look at the welds, theres a reason while they have to powder coat them compared to myco's. myco got some really good welders over there, but are a little on the pricey side. for ecomonical reasons why not use one of the production aluminum boat trailer manufactures?

Thanks Dave....I would love to have Bill T. onboard with us...but you pay for a good product....I have a few company's I'm talking to...but would like to get first hand infor on how good there product is.....see you next week in NJ....

MarylandMark
01-30-2009, 03:03 PM
I bought a brand new Venture triple axle aluminum 8600LBS- $3K and was told this was the reg price (BobbyB may be able to help- bought it from where he was working at)

Drums on 2 axles, winch, bunks, fits 27-29' (can go bigger with extended tounge which I have).

http://www.venturetrailers.com/aluminum.html

MANITIE
01-30-2009, 03:33 PM
Thanks Mark....I talk to Bobby and see who he knows....

MANITIE
02-18-2009, 10:58 AM
Hey guys....I just wanted to give you all a update.....we are still working on the pricing for the rigging.....and one way or another we will keep the race boat fully rigged for under 50k....the engine builder has been chosen and we are waiting on the engine manufactures finnal numbers and contract....it looks like we have a trailer company on board with us here in Va. by the looks of it, part of the engine manufacures sponsorship will be that I will have to purchase at least 5 engines up front to show that the SERIES will have the boats for there money and time they will put in.....so I will do that and have them sent to our engine builder for being completed, dyno, sealed and ready for racing.....Brian has my hull all ready for me...so once the contracts are signed the rigging will begin and will be posting pics as we do it so everyone can see how it is being done on the templet and the equipment we are using.....

MarylandMark
02-18-2009, 01:15 PM
Nice progress!

MANITIE
02-18-2009, 08:30 PM
We will be running the XR drive.....which with the 450 hp....that drive should have great reliability.....its a little more up front....but will be the best in the long run.....we ran the XR in F1 with the HP500 and had no problems....and the engine we are working on is proven on the race track and being run in a 18 race season at higher RPM's then we will need with great reliability......

Also in the works....I'm working on a old timer to oversee the whole engine drive package since he has many a years on this type of engine and is well respected...if I can get him...he will oversee everything that the engine builder will be doing.....since I could not get him in one of these boats....it would be great to have him overseeing everything....also the engine builder has a $50,000 dishonesty bond and a great reputation....I have talk to many guys that have ran his products and have heard nothing but great things...

More to come....

MANITIE
02-20-2009, 02:59 PM
Another thing that was decided...was the dry pipes will be run threw the transom....vice the tractor pipes....

klaatu
02-20-2009, 11:09 PM
can we see it ? PLEASE :)

MANITIE
02-23-2009, 10:21 AM
can we see it ? PLEASE :)

What would you like to see......:26:

THEJOKER
02-24-2009, 09:55 AM
We will be running the XR drive.....which with the 450 hp....that drive should have great reliability.....its a little more up front....but will be the best in the long run.....we ran the XR in F1 with the HP500 and had no problems....and the engine we are working on is proven on the race track and being run in a 18 race season at higher RPM's then we will need with great reliability......

Also in the works....I'm working on a old timer to oversee the whole engine drive package since he has many a years on this type of engine and is well respected...if I can get him...he will oversee everything that the engine builder will be doing.....since I could not get him in one of these boats....it would be great to have him overseeing everything....also the engine builder has a $50,000 dishonesty bond and a great reputation....I have talk to many guys that have ran his products and have heard nothing but great things...

More to come....

Keep pushing Gino!~ You're a shaker and mover!

klaatu
02-25-2009, 01:22 PM
What would you like to see......:26:

A photo of The new 26 joker hull .:)

MANITIE
02-25-2009, 06:57 PM
Thanks Brian......should have some new numbers by Monday on the engine deal.....

fastedy
03-10-2009, 07:40 AM
whats the latest?

MANITIE
03-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Sorry Eddie....I went to Las Vegas for a week.....I needed to get a way with Tammy.......I have been waiting on the rigging list pricing...I have had it out there to be looked at and priced out....the numbers I have been getting are putting me over 50k....I'm going to shoot it to Tyler and see what he thinks...on the engines..you know who were going with....just waiting on the contract...they are covering the butts in every way....I have been working on my Class 5 boat since Monday...while I'm waiting on the rigging price list....Brian said he is ready....so as soon as we can get the pricing done and get it so we can do this under 50k....its a go....I have someone on my Dragon and were close...so I have also had my attention on that....
I will keep you guys posted...sorry for the lapps....

BobbyB
03-12-2009, 08:26 PM
Gino,
Give me a call when you can.

rschap1
03-13-2009, 08:53 AM
So did I miss it, or hasn't the engine manufacturer/supplier been finalized?
This has me pretty interested.
I just hope like HE__ you guys get some TV coverage that I get to see, or better yet, come racing where I can watch! BEST OF LUCK to yas! I miss seeing the races over here on Lake MI

nocigarette
03-13-2009, 08:57 AM
So did I miss it, or hasn't the engine manufacturer/supplier been finalized?
This has me pretty interested.
I just hope like HE__ you guys get some TV coverage that I get to see, or better yet, come racing where I can watch! BEST OF LUCK to yas! I miss seeing the races over here on Lake MI

I have to agree with ya on the engine builder thing.....It is real important to have the right trusted guy putting the motors together....This series should really take off and i am anxious to see how big it will get..(the sky is the limit)....finally a affordable way to compete on a equal playing field...

MANITIE
03-13-2009, 01:18 PM
The engine builder has been picked...they are very well respected in known in the industry...they are currently doing the same thing for a road Series with there engines....

I'm waiting on the engine manufacture contract....that is were the sponsorship is coming from...they are covering there ass in every way...which I'm use to when getting sponsors.....It took me 9 months to get the Coast Gaurd to draw up the final contract....we went back and forth with the wording on everything....this is no differant....I'm just glad in this economy that there are companys that are still willing to invest there money into sports.....BOA is catching all kinds of crapp about spending sponsorship monies right now.....and believe me...this company is doing the same....but its still looking good....but I will tell you this....were before a sponsorship can be decided from a lower level...now has to go threw upper management and even then be reviewed a number of times.......the benifit here is....they will have the opertunity to sell more of there product...we started with them wanting me to purchase the first 20 to 25 engines up front...so they would have a guarantee on the first 20 to 25 sales....we are down to 5....but we are both putting up an investment in something new....so yes...it is moving a lot slower then I would like it to.....but keep the faith....I will keep you all informed.....

MANITIE
03-17-2009, 12:41 PM
I just got off the phone with the engine manufacture and we have a meeting on Friday afternoon....I hope it will be for the final contract....I will keep everyone informed on how it gose.....

rschap1
03-17-2009, 02:30 PM
Good Luck!

THEJOKER
03-17-2009, 02:55 PM
Get r done Gino. We have a 26 hull and deck sitting here!

catmando
03-18-2009, 09:17 PM
I have to agree with ya on the engine builder thing.....It is real important to have the right trusted guy putting the motors together....This series should really take off and i am anxious to see how big it will get..(the sky is the limit)....finally a affordable way to compete on a equal playing field...Gino could not find a better builder than Tyler Crockett. Long-time racer who wants to see Offshore racing grow.

I'm just glad that OSS has seen fit to bring in an open cockpit "seed" class as it were. That's how Papa Dukes got started, and I predict we will see many more success stories as a result of Gino's hard work and vision.

nocigarette
03-19-2009, 09:16 AM
There are a lot of good,trusted engine builders out their...I would not want to be in gino's shoes....It would be a real easy decision for me not so much for gino.....Deck to deck even keel racing....Cant wait...:03:

MANITIE
03-19-2009, 10:06 AM
Gino could not find a better builder than Tyler Crockett. Long-time racer who wants to see Offshore racing grow.

I'm just glad that OSS has seen fit to bring in an open cockpit "seed" class as it were. That's how Papa Dukes got started, and I predict we will see many more success stories as a result of Gino's hard work and vision.

Tyler is one of the best..and I know he would do a great job as the builder....and he has done some work on my boat....and dose great work....He was one of the guys I wanted onboad....but the guy I went with is currently doing exactly what we will be doing in a road Series with the same engine...so they know this engine inside and out...plus I would love to have Tyler racing in our Series with George....and having him race with us and to be the builder could be a conflict of interest....

MANITIE
03-19-2009, 10:52 AM
There are a lot of good,trusted engine builders out their...I would not want to be in gino's shoes....It would be a real easy decision for me not so much for gino.....Deck to deck even keel racing....Cant wait...:03:

I here ya....and I have been told your nuts trying to start a new Series like this in this economy.....plus I'm leaving my 12 year job here to move and do this racing thing full time....I will be running a Class 5 boat and a Class 2 boat...and run the New Series (and run the 1st Joker boat till the Series takes off)....my girlfreind said I will end up working more hours then I do know...and the whole idea of leaving my job and race was to work less hours and travel....she might devorce me before we even get married....but I'm going to give it one shoot....The success on the new Series will really come down to Sponsorships....It looks like we should be done on the engine manufactures sponsorship on Friday....but I have not seen the final numbers from them but it will have to be a good number for this to work....plus the rigging parts.....that has been the biggest battle....getting companys to sell there parts at a good discount to get the numbers to work to a Series that has not even started....I have learned one thing....pricing out parts to rig a boat....its not as cheap as many of us would have thought it would be....even with discounts....but I will keep pluggin....I already have over a year invested in time and money...so there is no turning back now....

THEJOKER
03-19-2009, 11:33 AM
You're tenacious Gino and that's what it will take. The further you move forward the more you just prove yourself. Keep it up and let me know when you need us.

MANITIE
03-19-2009, 04:54 PM
You're tenacious Gino and that's what it will take. The further you move forward the more you just prove yourself. Keep it up and let me know when you need us.

Thanks Brian....I will be seeing if Tyler can get some info for me on the rigging sheet....

SHARKEY-IMAGES
03-19-2009, 05:23 PM
I have learned one thing....pricing out parts to rig a boat....its not as cheap as many of us would have thought it would be.

Yeah, it's always been that way Gino.

When you get right down to it, the boat itself is the least expensive part...

Whether it be a Joker or a Skater, the rigging and power is where most of the money is spent...

Good luck with this project !

I hope it works out well.

It will certainly give me something else to shoot for ! :sifone:

MANITIE
03-24-2009, 09:41 AM
Well just an update on our meeting....after a 1 1/2 hour meeting..with a lot of numbers being put out there....we are still not were we need to be...they have given me an option were the more motors I buy up front the more money they will put in...which I think is fare....but...buying 20 motors up front will be a big investment...I can use 3 or 4 motors for myself and can buy another 3 or 4 for the next boats....but we are currently working on a 10 motor purchase up front with a higher contingency payout that will go threw the 2010 season.....Tyler has the rigging list and I'm waiting to see what he comes up with....if we can save some more money on parts....then we could still make this work...the other options are to go with not big name parts ie: gauges,batery box's, seats, ect. We will be running the HP gimble and a XR...I am looking at the possiblity of going with IMCO on there gimble and steering package....I can get some manufactures to sponsor some free parts which is good for the 1st few boats and keeps the cost down...but I'm looking at the numbers after that...and the numbers are going up another 7k+....but I'm still working on it...any input is welcome....we have some good stuff already sponsored which is helping out....but I have seen why there are not to many boat manufactures that are selling boats for 50k new....I'm going to talk to Tyler in th enext few days and see what he thinks....

SVL66
03-24-2009, 01:50 PM
I have seen why there are not to many boat manufactures that are selling boats for 50k new....I'm going to talk to Tyler in th enext few days and see what he thinks....

Well DUH!!!!

Cmon Gino...your loaded. Im sure you can afford 20 motors. Keep up the good work....We are looking forward to the inaugural race.

MANITIE
03-24-2009, 06:30 PM
Well DUH!!!!

Cmon Gino...your loaded. Im sure you can afford 20 motors. Keep up the good work....We are looking forward to the inaugural race.

Well...I went into this with the mine set....I will put up 80K of my own money....plus sponsorships money.....after building my boat which would run me around 40 to 45k it would leave me with about 35k...well....now add 19 more motors plus having a few sent to have them converted to marine application....and have money set aside to begin to have another hull started so we can keep the hulls being built....that woudl be unreasonalbe....but 10 is a strong number of motors to buy up front....but that is what I am willing to do...becasue I can put 2 in the Dragon and another in my Class 5 boat...so I can use 4 right off the bat...and I have summitted that I will purchase 10 more by the end of 2010...so I have given them a good committment...with a sponsorship number for me for 2009 and another check in the begining of 2010. This way we will have sponsorship money threw the 2010 Season....I have a good relationship with the engine manufacture guys....so I think we will work it out...if I can offset some of the sponsorship monies to the rigging equipment that will also work with the numbers I have right now......the Rep said he will call me next week...and we will know exactly know what the final figures will be and I will post what the race boat will cost....if the interested teams think they are still good with that number....then will make it a go.....

MANITIE
03-24-2009, 07:25 PM
[QUOTE=SVL66;156442]Well DUH!!!!

Cmon Gino...your loaded.

I forgot to tell ya....I'm getting married.....what the hell is up with the price of rings......thats a boat right there.....:biggrinjester:

MarylandMark
03-24-2009, 07:41 PM
Very generious of you to get your dream up and running!

Awesome idea and I plan on supporting it if it gets off the ground...er....or water I mean I guess.

MANITIE
03-24-2009, 08:05 PM

Awesome idea and I plan on supporting it if it gets off the ground...er....or water I mean I guess.

Thanks Mark.....it will get off the ground....just needs some tweeking....

SVL66
03-25-2009, 08:08 AM

Unfortunately, thats the problem. Everyone is sitting back watching to see if it takes off before they pull the trigger on a $50K boat. You need 10 people willing to take the risk. Not too many people feel comfy taking a 50k risk these days. Im sure they are perfectly content with their P-5 boats.

Maybe you should try and get a bank on board for financing. I know that will be a tough sell.

MANITIE
03-25-2009, 12:26 PM
Unfortunately, thats the problem. Everyone is sitting back watching to see if it takes off before they pull the trigger on a $50K boat. You need 10 people willing to take the risk. Not too many people feel comfy taking a 50k risk these days. Im sure they are perfectly content with their P-5 boats.

Maybe you should try and get a bank on board for financing. I know that will be a tough sell.

I have a secondary bank on board....but higher interest rates....but I have alot of conections with banks....but like anything today you will need a large downpayment....and your debt to income has to be inline....

MarylandMark
03-25-2009, 01:05 PM
ps- my support was in the way of buying shirts and coming to races. I can't afford to be a boat racer even at "only" $50K unless I quit drinking which ani't going to happen.

tarzan
03-29-2009, 02:43 PM
nice work

MANITIE
03-29-2009, 03:19 PM
I got a phone call today from my rep from GM.....it looks like we are going to come to agreement on the engine manufacture deal....its not what I wanted overall but will take what we can get.....it will now come down to what we can get on the rigging equipment.....and so you now know....GM will be the engine manufacture.....

MANITIE
03-29-2009, 03:38 PM
So the engine is a GM 454 Racing engine that is currently being run in the ASA Series....its a proven race engine and the guys at Scorpion Racing will be the engine builders.....I want to thank Frank at Scorpion for joining the Series and being behind our engines and they are currently doing the engine sealing and dynoing this same engine in the ASA Series.....I have a good relationship with the folks at GM and they are excited in the new Series...

So now we have to make some money on the rigging parts....I will be talking to Tyler on Monday to see what #'s were at.....

tarzan
03-29-2009, 03:40 PM
WOW ! great

Rated r
03-29-2009, 07:18 PM
[QUOTE=MANITIE;164543]So the engine is a GM 454 Racing engine that is currently being run in the ASA Series....QUOTE]

Is that cubic inch, because I think ASA is restricted to 358 c.i. motors. Now if that's HP, then that's possible.

nocigarette
03-30-2009, 07:05 AM
So the engine is a GM 454 Racing engine that is currently being run in the ASA Series....its a proven race engine and the guys at Scorpion Racing will be the engine builders.....I want to thank Frank at Scorpion for joining the Series and being behind our engines and they are currently doing the engine sealing and dynoing this same engine in the ASA Series.....I have a good relationship with the folks at GM and they are excited in the new Series...

So now we have to make some money on the rigging parts....I will be talking to Tyler on Monday to see what #'s were at.....

Outstanding news gino.......everyone should be real pleased with the engine manufacture and engine builder....Frank and phil are one of the marine industries best..I truly expect Scorpion to be the next big name in the marine industry...Their shop is cleaner than a operating room......

nocigarette
03-30-2009, 07:12 AM
few more pics......The racers that use his engines cant put a price on his race support either, frank was at every race their to help with any issues the boats had.....Now if i could just get back to work so i can buy a joker and compete with you guys.....:26:

MANITIE
03-30-2009, 11:38 AM
[QUOTE=MANITIE;164543]So the engine is a GM 454 Racing engine that is currently being run in the ASA Series....QUOTE]

Is that cubic inch, because I think ASA is restricted to 358 c.i. motors. Now if that's HP, then that's possible.

Sorry...we are not going with the 604 create engine that the ASA Series is using...we will be going with the 454...We don't know the exact HP that we will need to get to 75 mph....the thinking is around 450hp...but will be looking at the torque to get good acceleration so the boat can also be run in Class 6...We are working on ways to eliminate any cheating....I think Frank will have that compleatly covered....plus with the very simple rule of "if anything on the boat is changed from the engine to drive to rigging...the owner, driver, throttleman and boat will no longer be qualified to race in the Series"....will eliminate most attempts......I will be calling Tyler today to see what we can do on the rigging equipment.....

MANITIE
03-30-2009, 11:48 AM
Outstanding news gino.......everyone should be real pleased with the engine manufacture and engine builder....Frank and phil are one of the marine industries best..I truly expect Scorpion to be the next big name in the marine industry...Their shop is cleaner than a operating room......

Nocigarette......Thanks for posting the pics....I have heard great things about Frank and Phil...and look foward to working together with them....I think once everyone gets to see the first boat racing and can put ther hands on it...it will be easier to see the potental this Series will have....

nocigarette
03-30-2009, 03:58 PM
I could not agree more with ya gino......I am real excited for you guys, i think you really have made all the right moves with this series.....Frank as ya know has done a lot of sealed (no cheat) motors....He builds dependable engines that win races and last......Peter meyer (hard rock casino) won the Key West worlds with first place in all three races,national sbi champ for 2008 and florida high points champion....

rschap1
03-31-2009, 07:50 AM
Make sure you schedule ALOT (if not ALL) your races in the West Michigan area. Real close to me. THANKS!

MANITIE
03-31-2009, 09:57 AM
Make sure you schedule ALOT (if not ALL) your races in the West Michigan area. Real close to me. THANKS!

We are going to rig and test my boat up there....with Franks shop and Tylers...we can make any changes we need quick....and since Tyler has the latest 26 Joker....he will be able to give us some good input.....

THEJOKER
04-01-2009, 09:50 AM
Looking good Gino. Let me know when to start!

MANITIE
04-23-2009, 08:59 AM
Hey guys....just an update....I talked to Tyler and he is going over the list...
I have been working on some back up plans if the price list is still to high...
I'm trying to cut cost every which way we can to keep this price down....
I'm working on a back up that we might be able to have a leased engine to cut the cost down by 20% and then have a option to own with it....

THEJOKER
05-14-2009, 10:58 AM
Tyler / Gino:

How's it looking?

MANITIE
05-20-2009, 11:51 AM
I shoot him a email of the list again before I left on a cruise last week...I'm sure he is going over it....

MANITIE
06-07-2009, 11:14 AM
Well....we have not been able to get the price of the race boat under 50k...
With the hull and engine price out...its the parts pricing is were we are having the most problem.....companys are not willing to put up the investment to sponsor a lot of the parts...while some of the parts have been put up for sponsorship....the high dollar parts were not being sponsored...

I will leave this project open and will still make the investment if something changes in the pricing.....if anyone has any conections that we have not already tried that you think would help us..please let us know....in the mean time I need to purchase a boat to race now....

I hope in the near furture we will be able to put this Series together....I feel it will be succesfull....

Thanks to Brian at Joker Powerboats, Frank at Scorpion and the guys at GM that have put in the time to put this on the map....

Thanks,
Gino

nocigarette
06-07-2009, 11:25 AM
That blows.......Can ya tell us where the costs need to be cut at.....Or which parts are not being sponsored...There has to be some way to make this work, it has been a while since someone has tried to level the playing field on the race course........Thanks for all your effort gino...Keep pushing....

MANITIE
06-07-2009, 11:37 AM
That blows.......Can ya tell us where the costs need to be cut at.....Or which parts are not being sponsored...There has to be some way to make this work, it has been a while since someone has tried to level the playing field on the race course........Thanks for all your effort gino...Keep pushing....

Well...the biggest costs were the gimble, drive (xr) and sterring systems and trim tabs and pumps...

Parts like battery boxes, guages, wiring, were fairly easy to get sponsorships on half the price....

I have been informed with some of the companys that when things turn around for them and start doing some bussiness again that they would be interested in doing something for us....

Wahoo 214
06-07-2009, 07:28 PM
Gino, I don't know anything about them but isn't a Chinesse company making Merc copy drives for about ha;f the price. May be they want to bulid a new for themselves. Just a thought.

phragle
06-07-2009, 08:09 PM
Dean.. are you thinking of SEI?? so far they are only doing alpha's and bravo lowers no gimble assemblies.

SVL66
06-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Sorry it didnt work out. I never thought it would. I dont see any one parting with 50k in these tough economic times. Especially, taking a risk on something that may or may not take off. And when it doesnt, those who invested, are stuck with a class 6 boat for 50k.

Nice try though. You gave it a shot.

nocigarette
06-08-2009, 05:40 AM
Sorry it didnt work out. I never thought it would. I dont see any one parting with 50k in these tough economic times. Especially, taking a risk on something that may or may not take off. And when it doesnt, those who invested, are stuck with a class 6 boat for 50k.

Nice try though. You gave it a shot.

I don't know if i would give up on this that easy.....I think 50 grand is a drop in the bucket compared to what most guys spend a year on there equip alone...Keep plugging gino.....

SVL66
06-08-2009, 08:29 AM
I just think, with the state racing is in today, it is alot easier (and cheaper) for someone to go out and buy, say a used F-1 boat in good shape. Screamin Eagle or Typhoon come to mind. For less than 50k. And have just as much fun and excitement of competition in class 5 with a reliable motor. For 60k they could jump in a used SVL. Its just bad timing. Class 5 has been growing for the last couple years. Ok, its bracket racing, I get it. But the adrenaline rush is the same. Who cares?

MANITIE
06-08-2009, 10:57 AM
I just think, with the state racing is in today, it is alot easier (and cheaper) for someone to go out and buy, say a used F-1 boat in good shape. Screamin Eagle or Typhoon come to mind. For less than 50k. And have just as much fun and excitement of competition in class 5 with a reliable motor. For 60k they could jump in a used SVL. Its just bad timing. Class 5 has been growing for the last couple years. Ok, its bracket racing, I get it. But the adrenaline rush is the same. Who cares?

Bruce thats a good point....but I figured with the 50k boats being new...and geting the contingcey money back...after the first year of racing you would have only around 42k in the boat and with prize money to keep them afloat....

I was asked to still give it a go at the 58k....but I agree with you...at 58k you start getting into the th price of a class 5 boat....

I'm still not done with this project....I really feel it will work....and I have 4 to 5 guys that are really interested in it.....I just could nto get into Mercury on the drive/gimble help...also the cost of a good sterring system and tabs were lot of the cost....I'm hoping a company will see this and take a chance with us and help us out.....I still think a 50k race boat new with contingency money is a good idea....I just need a little help from some venders....I have a few options to go with and I'm visiting them now....but in the mean time...I need a boat to race in Class 5.....

I will put this Series together.....I have to many things in place to make this work....I just thought in some tough times some venders would see the light of it.....

I'm not throwing in the towel.....I just need a little help......

THEJOKER
06-08-2009, 10:59 AM
Gino:

I applaud your efforts. I know how tough it is to get the committment from racers. If you still need a boat I will make you a deal on the new 26 I have sitting here. Call me.

MANITIE
06-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Thanks Brian....and its no over.....I'm looking at picking up a cheap boat just to run in Class 5 now...Dougs Activator is looking good at this point...and Jimmys 09 27 Activator....I don't have time to rig a new boat and be able to start racing...I will keep intouch though....and thanks for all the help...

Gino

Sean H
09-30-2009, 03:50 PM
Thanks Brian....and its no over.....I'm looking at picking up a cheap boat just to run in Class 5 now...Dougs Activator is looking good at this point...and Jimmys 09 27 Activator....I don't have time to rig a new boat and be able to start racing...I will keep intouch though....and thanks for all the help...

Gino

Where did Gino wander off to?

SVL66
09-30-2009, 04:18 PM
:sifone:

mdkeywest
11-09-2009, 01:11 PM
Where did Gino wander off to?

??? really where did ya go gino ? I think in a year or so youre idea will work .
Going by the way SVL took off back (before the boycott )there is a definite interest in race boats under the 100,000,00 mark .

I hope you keep it on the table , good luck .

SHARKEY-IMAGES
11-09-2009, 02:29 PM
CG members in Point this year asked me about him.

I put in a good word for him and the promotional stuff he had been doing for the Coast Guard.

I just couldn't answer as to why he wasn't at the race because I just didn't know.

Hopefully he will surface in Key West.

Even if it is bar stool racing.... :driving: