PDA

View Full Version : New truck...

redhotsommer
09-29-2010, 09:59 AM
Looking for Bubbatruck 2.0. What should I get? Discuss.

SC288
09-29-2010, 10:14 AM
Duramax! I love mine with the Banks 6 Gun Kit! :sifone:

teamsynergy
09-29-2010, 10:41 AM
Between all the shootouts and challenges... I say duramax... I love mine. I have a 2010 and run a edge evo and love it. Runs great and have no problems. Ran a edge with attitude over the summer but **** canned it when I had a wire come loose on it. Pulls the sonic great... the only fraw back on the newer trucks is all the emissions crap. Cant wait for the warranty to be over and the DPF comes off!!!

Magic Medicine
09-29-2010, 11:33 AM
The question is how much money to do want to spend? That will determine my answer. Remember I have worked at both Chevy and Ford, i wouldn't consider a dodge and year for that matter. If money is not an issue the 2011 Fords are bad a$$, great mileage and some kick a$$ options!!!!!

Ratickle
09-29-2010, 12:25 PM
Something substantial.....:sifone:

fund razor
09-29-2010, 01:06 PM
I have no regrets with my classic Duramax/Allison GMC 3500 dually

redhotsommer
09-29-2010, 01:13 PM
I'm thinkin a couple years old...I wanna keep the $ in the 30s. And why not Dodge? I love how they look...

Also...probably only need a 3/4 ton for my 35.

fund razor
09-29-2010, 01:21 PM
I probably only needed a 3/4 ton for my 28, but it is really heavy (Got to be every bit of 9,000lb loaded) and I have been spoiled by how nice it tows with the dually. I love every feature that the truck has, the tow/haul mode, the interior is nice. The duramax is a little quieter and less "clacky" than the ford and dodge IMO. I upgraded the hitch so I am good to tow up to 14,000 conventional with no WD. No emissions crap.
Next I want to block my egr and get a tuner like an edge. I don't use it as a daily driver, so the dually hasn't created a problem. It is crew cab and long bed, so I take two parking spaces if I have to, and since it actually uses both spaces, nobody says anything about it.
It's 4x4 too. :D

Magic Medicine
09-29-2010, 01:28 PM
I'm thinkin a couple years old...I wanna keep the $ in the 30s. And why not Dodge? I love how they look...

There difference between a 3/4 and 1 ton pickup is pay load capacity, no difference in towing capacity unless you go to a dually.

Dodge is plain in the worst shape as far as the big 3 goes, right now Ford has there chit together and has had it for a few years, GM is going in the right direction, in terms of financial stability.

Dodge trans do not stay together, cummins engines 06 and older vintage are good, but the 07 and newer motors have the same problems with there anti pollution systems that GM and Ford have been plague with. Dodge used all there emission credits on there diesel vehicle so the did not have to be epa compliant.

Mike call me and we can discuss.

Magic Medicine
09-29-2010, 02:13 PM
30 grand opens up alot of options!!!!!

Magic Medicine
09-29-2010, 02:24 PM
Duramax! I love mine with the Banks 6 Gun Kit! :sifone:

Lets me real hear, I am sure that Twin Whackas will back me up when I say that truck is a garage queen. You put 5k on that truck yet????

SC288
09-29-2010, 02:32 PM
Lets me real hear, I am sure that Twin Whackas will back me up when I say that truck is a garage queen. You put 5k on that truck yet????

Come on now....I put 2,000 miles on it in the last year! :toetap05:

Magic Medicine
09-29-2010, 03:34 PM
Come on now....I put 2,000 miles on it in the last year! :toetap05:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Garage Queen!!!!:huh: I put that on in a month!!!! I've put 90K on the Ford since I had it!!!:huh:

OBNOXUS
09-29-2010, 03:38 PM

Your next boat wont be smaller,,,, get a dually

Magic Medicine
09-29-2010, 04:05 PM
Your next boat wont be smaller,,,, get a dually

After the motor rebuild, by the time he is ready for a new boat they might be in colorado.

redhotsommer
09-29-2010, 04:17 PM
After the motor rebuild, by the time he is ready for a new boat they might be in colorado.

We have a winner! No more boats for Mike in the foreseeable future...

I'm happy with the red one.

Hammer01
09-29-2010, 04:27 PM
We have a winner! No more boats for Mike in the foreseeable future...

I'm happy with the red one.
Your research has been completed for you by Hammer bro. I towed my boat with the gmc hd 2500 duramax and it is above and beyond my favorite. It was an 05. I had an 06 Dodge 2500 Cummins and it had a lot of motor but did not tow as well apples to apples, not to mention transmission did not like the towing aspect. Towed numberous times to the ozarks with my buddies F250 Powerstroke and it was nice towing, but I know you drive yours some and it doesn't ride as nice and I think more $. I bought 3 of the crew 2500 HD's and loved them. Good luck. BTW, Scotty has tons of them on his lot now. Let me know. Hammer

Kool-Aid Man
09-29-2010, 04:57 PM

yeah then 6 months into living out there he'll really blow his knee out pretending he's 16yrs old..not be able to ride or hike...then wonder what the hell he's doing out there!!!

wait a minute..thats basically me!!! hahaha

MILD THUNDER
09-29-2010, 08:27 PM
Considering Tall mike tows far, loto, cumberland, etc, my recommendation is DUALLY. Towed with 3 different superduty trucks with single rear wheel. My old Chevy 3500 at 21 years old tows it down the road so much better with the duals! Cant tell the boat is behind me. Of course the power cant be compared to the chipped out powerstroke i had, but hate the feeling of having to "correct" constantly going down the road at 65mph.

The dually fenders dont stick out farther than the mirrors on a single wheel truck, so i feel its more mental than anything about the "size" of a dually around town.

If i get another "newer" truck, it would prob be a 2010 or 2011 Dodge 3500 dually loaded up. They are really nice now, as for design, comfort, ride, etc, compared to the prior years. Factory jake brake is sweet too. I wouldnt buy any used powerstroke, duramax, or cummins truck unless i had a powertrain warranty at minimum. They are too damn expensive to repair!

Next time your on the interstate, mainly in the springtime, take a look at whats hauling campers commercially. You will see the truck of choice is pre-2006 dodges with 5.9's and manual trannys! Reliable as all hell, and great mpg. Not uncommon to find them with 300-500k on them on the original motors. I know dodge automatic trannies sucked for quite some time, but i have heard the newer trucks automatics have been good. Heresay.

Nevr2nd
09-29-2010, 08:45 PM
Mike,
FORD F 650, CAT. DIESEL, Allison tranny. Crew cab.= bad-ass tow rig!!
I should know............ I have one, lol.

MILD THUNDER
09-29-2010, 08:51 PM
This is a sweet truck!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-DODGE-RAM-3500HD-QUAD-LARAMIE-4X4-DIESEL-DUALLY-6K-/190447111334?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2c57884ca6

teamsynergy
09-29-2010, 09:11 PM
I just puked in my mouth... Dodge trannies and rear ends suck. I have had two. 3 trannies and 2 rear ends. Go GM... you will be 100% happy.. I promise!

No offense JOE...

paulb32
09-29-2010, 10:13 PM
Man it's a Dodge beatin crowd. I was the same lookin 1 1/2 years ago and could not afford new then. I've put 40k on an 06 3500 SINGLE rear real 3500 Mega cab Dodge Auto bought at 87k all stock. I've kept it stock too.
I picked Dodge b/c Ford=stay away from the 6.0's-you might get a good one, but if you get one blowing head gaskets forget it. Ford taked the freekin cab off to fix the motor. Dodge-yup trans is weak link but not if left stock. Or put about $3k into a auto trans and your good. GM-still only 12500 tow even with dually and I needed ove r13k, which my Dodge is factory rated to tow 13200 with the 373 rear end.
I decided between Ford & Dodge I'd update a trans if needed, but sure as he*(& was not tearing a motor apart to change head gaskets. And the dodge 5.9 24V motor is awesome.
Then absolutely you want 06 or older to stay out of the crappy DPF setups on all newer than 06-until the big 3 latest 2010's+. DPF flat sucks MPG-expect 12-13-14 with one. Mine gets 17 average, 15 city all stock still 373's. And I change the trans fluid every 15k no problems yet. Plus for my family the Megacab is flat awesome-much more room than ford with the seat folding flat plus the built in tool box.
And IF a daily driver a dually is a bi&^%. Most drive thru's at banks or whatever are 8'-6 and your dually is that exact or more. I looked for 8 months to find a 3500 SRW Auto Mega 4x4 leather roof dvd etc. as it is my daily driver, and I could not be happier. Sure a Dually tows better I won't contest, but for every freekin day and towing only 30+ days a year I had to get SRW.
I have read recently (In Diesel Power or alike)that the big 3 2010's all have Rev 2 DPF that picked milage back up to 17-20 depending, but I doubt you'd fine one in the 30's.
All 3 are good trucks, but I had specific criteria and a budget and the Dodge fit, and I have had great luck with mine, finding an all stock one not beat. It tows my 36 very nicely.
Drive them all & see. & read the various forums a bit too checking on reliabliity. I am now hearing Chevy's are blowing turbo's on some(which are behind the block above the trans-change that easlily), but the Allison trans is nice. They all have their weak links.

MILD THUNDER
09-29-2010, 10:21 PM
I just puked in my mouth... Dodge trannies and rear ends suck. I have had two. 3 trannies and 2 rear ends. Go GM... you will be 100% happy.. I promise!

No offense JOE...

None taken!

didn't dodge use Dana rear ends in their one ton trucks? I know back in the day, Ford, Chevy, and dodge used Dana axles. which were stout. my 1989 has a dana70 hd rear.

I like a inline 6 for a diesel like the cummins. with the mileage, cost to buy, cost to maintain, a gasser like obnoxus has is a good rig! big block and Allison trans in a dually. nowadays the gasser trucks seem more reliable.

I wanna tow my boat with obnoxus truck.

Boatfreak
09-29-2010, 10:34 PM
Mike,

Ding Ding Ding.....We have a winner and I want one BAD.:sifone:

teamsynergy
09-29-2010, 10:45 PM
signing off now... you guys are definetly smokin' somthin' lol...

redhotsommer
09-30-2010, 06:06 AM
Mike,

Mom told me never to take advice from a man dressed as a nun.

As of now, I think I've just got to drive them all. Like you guys have said, they've all got something negative. My biggest criteria will be that it runs well, tows well, and is red :sifone:. Definately got to get a four-door this time, though...the back seat on my 350 is murder!

I probably will stay SRW, though, as I will be driving it more than just towing the boat or the sleds.

teamsynergy
09-30-2010, 06:40 AM
Mike, heres my offering to you... come down to south bend... pick up my 10' chevy loaded (minus leather) crew diesel 4x4 and trade me the vette for a week. This way you can pull your boat around, drive it around the city, ect... I think thats fair... :)

redhotsommer
09-30-2010, 06:43 AM
Mike, heres my offering to you... come down to south bend... pick up my 10' chevy loaded (minus leather) crew diesel 4x4 and trade me the vette for a week. This way you can pull your boat around, drive it around the city, ect... I think thats fair... :)

Which Vette? If it's the C5, you'll have to deal with Michelle! ;)

teamsynergy
09-30-2010, 06:44 AM
I see who the boss is now... ;)

teamsynergy
09-30-2010, 06:57 AM
Get in them all...drive them.... but the bad thing is... towing. You wont know how they tow until you buy. Obviously the dealer wont let you strap the boat on the back to pull it around for a bit. Mine gets decent mileage if I can keep my foot out of it. I am pushing 16's pulling the sonic and low to mid 20's unloaded on the hwy. Not bad for a big pig with DPF. Now once the REGEN kicks in, my mileage goes way down... but, thats to be expected...

redhotsommer
09-30-2010, 07:10 AM
Hey she has her car and I have mine! I just have to clean them both! ;)

Please inform the ignorant, here...what is this DPF you all speak of?

OBNOXUS
09-30-2010, 07:39 AM
I see who the boss is now... ;)

I dont think that was ever in question !!!! :sifone:

OBNOXUS
09-30-2010, 07:41 AM
I wanna tow my boat with obnoxus truck.

Its in the warehouse with the keys in it,,,,, enjoy !!!!!!

I do that Cuz Mike's Ford generally only gets his boat one way,,,, so now he has a back up to get home !!!! :rofl:

All kidding aside though Mike,,,, clean your truck up and I bet you it still draws very good money,,,,, there is a freaky cult following to the old 7.3's

OBNOXUS
09-30-2010, 07:50 AM
Please inform the ignorant, here...what is this DPF you all speak of?

Diesel particulate filter.

All the issues with the newer diesels ,,,, along with the not so great mph anymore,,,, are the reason I went with the big block.

And now after pulling with a 6.0 diesel detuned by Fords bulletin and my 8.1,,,,, I will say mine has more power.

and coming back from LOTO last year,,,, LiL D had Joeys 6.4 diesel, I had mine. We both topped off and left together drove 200 miles following eachother and when we stopped for gas,,,, he had only used 3 gallons less then me !!!!!! :huh:

Magic Medicine
09-30-2010, 08:16 AM
Its in the warehouse with the keys in it,,,,, enjoy !!!!!!

I do that Cuz Mike's Ford generally only gets his boat one way,,,, so now he has a back up to get home !!!! :rofl:

All kidding aside though Mike,,,, clean your truck up and I bet you it still draws very good money,,,,, there is a freaky cult following to the old 7.3's

Yep a cult following on the 7.3's for sure. Probably the same cult hillbillies that would wana put a used 7.3 in a 2011.

Magic Medicine
09-30-2010, 08:38 AM
Heres my take since I have worked for both GM and Ford, I would also like to here little D's opinion as well since he is in service as well.

Plain and simple I am glad that I work for GM for one reason, I make alot more money. GM vehicles as a hole have alot more problems than what I saw at the Ford dealership. GM knows they have issues with all there chrome or polished truck rims yet they don't want to cover under factory warranty. GM part prices are alot MORE expensive!!!

Yes GM trucks ride smoother than a Ford of the equal style, size, model, but we are talking about trucks here right, not family sedans. The 6.0 liter Ford has a bad rap, yes it does we can't dedate that, but its main problem is misdiagnosis. Most people think the head gaskets are a problem when actually the egr coolers leaking are the most common suspect. Mine has been pretty trouble free for 90 k miles, have I put some money into it yes, but that is too be expected. The 6.4 litre fords do suffer from not so great mileage, but then again it depends on who you talk to. I have found most people LIE on the mileage when it comes to diesel trucks, my 99 7.3 would barely do 15 on the highway. GM diesels are hard on injectors, and injectors are EXPENSIVE to replace there $378 a piece plus about 14 hours in labor.

Joe said it best when buying a diesel its best to have on with a 100K powertrain warranty, buy the extended warranty if possible and find a dealership with a GOOD diesel tech.

My .02

Tony M
09-30-2010, 08:52 AM
Mike Come Grab my Truck I am Not useing it It just Sits Try it out you know what it has its the big Gasser! " I'm Not Paying Any Speeders You Get With It !" that's why I bought the Jeep to keep my Azz working.

Kool-Aid Man
09-30-2010, 08:53 AM

Hell yeah there is if I sold "Purple Rain" for almost what i bought it for

Kool-Aid Man
09-30-2010, 08:56 AM
and bye the way you know you ALL miss Purple Rain!!! LOL

scarrab30
09-30-2010, 09:03 AM
Mike, If you buy an automatic, put a torque convertor in it like mine. then you don't have to worry about the other issues a weak one creates. I'm not getting into this battle of the brands, 500hp and 840tq ft is enough for me.

MILD THUNDER
09-30-2010, 09:08 AM
Heres my take since I have worked for both GM and Ford, I would also like to here little D's opinion as well since he is in service as well.

Plain and simple I am glad that I work for GM for one reason, I make alot more money. GM vehicles as a hole have alot more problems than what I saw at the Ford dealership. GM knows they have issues with all there chrome or polished truck rims yet they don't want to cover under factory warranty. GM part prices are alot MORE expensive!!!

Yes GM trucks ride smoother than a Ford of the equal style, size, model, but we are talking about trucks here right, not family sedans. The 6.0 liter Ford has a bad rap, yes it does we can't dedate that, but its main problem is misdiagnosis. Most people think the head gaskets are a problem when actually the egr coolers leaking are the most common suspect. Mine has been pretty trouble free for 90 k miles, have I put some money into it yes, but that is too be expected. The 6.4 litre fords do suffer from not so great mileage, but then again it depends on who you talk to. I have found most people LIE on the mileage when it comes to diesel trucks, my 99 7.3 would barely do 15 on the highway. GM diesels are hard on injectors, and injectors are EXPENSIVE to replace there $378 a piece plus about 14 hours in labor.

Joe said it best when buying a diesel its best to have on with a 100K powertrain warranty, buy the extended warranty if possible and find a dealership with a GOOD diesel tech.

My .02

Good post Andy. They all have their issues thats for sure.

Havent heard the new Ford Diesel, but my buddy just picked up a 2010 dodge with the cummins and a 6 spd manual. Idling, it sounds like a gas motor. Very quiet. Wayyy quieter than my 6.0 ford was, and the 7.3......great motor, but sounds like a school bus coming down the street! Loud diesels suck in the winter when you wanna let them warm up at high idle at 4am when leaving for work. Neighbors dont likey.

Sell your truck outright mike. You will get good money for it.

Kool-Aid Man
09-30-2010, 09:23 AM

Yeah and don't be a cheap bastard(not saying you are)...have it fully detailed(under the hood and the cab)..undercoat spray where you can to touch it up..etc. $150 detail..might save you someone trying to knock you down $500-$1000

Pet Peev of mine is I hate when people try and sell something and it looks like $hit while they're doing it...then bitch about not getting the price they wanted/thought they would...when its spotless under the hood, in the cab and all around the purchase goes quicker cuz there is less doubt......thats my .02

Nevr2nd
09-30-2010, 09:26 AM
Mom told me never to take advice from a man dressed as a nun.

As of now, I think I've just got to drive them all. Like you guys have said, they've all got something negative. My biggest criteria will be that it runs well, tows well, and is red :sifone:. Definately got to get a four-door this time, though...the back seat on my 350 is murder!

I probably will stay SRW, though, as I will be driving it more than just towing the boat or the sleds.

From one nun to another......... I had a Ford 7.3 and loved it, then I opted for the 6.0 with more power, and inevitably more problems. What u want is the same thing I did ( in most cases. An awesome tow rig,Boats, beer and sunshine. With hot chicks!!) Power,dependablity, and flat out straight "Pimpin". That's how the F 650 came in to play, Cat. Diesel good for 4-500,000 miles. Allison tranny also a bad mo-fo,(In a good way). Sure its one big bitch, but its cool.

My .02 also.
Good talk!!

Magic Medicine
09-30-2010, 09:35 AM
and bye the way you know you ALL miss Purple Rain!!! LOL

:sifone::sifone:

redhotsommer
09-30-2010, 09:35 AM
Yeah Eric, but I don't need a truck that's bigger than my boat!

BBobb, you should put up a pic of Purple Rain in its purple glory...not in the cool-ass paint Miller put on it!

Magic Medicine
09-30-2010, 09:36 AM
Good post Andy. They all have their issues thats for sure.

Havent heard the new Ford Diesel, but my buddy just picked up a 2010 dodge with the cummins and a 6 spd manual. Idling, it sounds like a gas motor. Very quiet. Wayyy quieter than my 6.0 ford was, and the 7.3......great motor, but sounds like a school bus coming down the street! Loud diesels suck in the winter when you wanna let them warm up at high idle at 4am when leaving for work. Neighbors dont likey.

The 2011 Ford trucks are the best Super Duty yet, If I felt like dropping big
coin I would be all over one. 17 city 20 highway!!!!!

Magic Medicine
09-30-2010, 09:45 AM
How youz like this??? 2010 1500 Silverado just came in the shop has 6k on it with a noisey lifter, 5.3 litre v8. GM has a bulletin on it around, looks like new lifters on both side of the motor. Nice little warranty job!

Hows that for quality!!!!!:huh::sifone: You GM guys for be thankful for the 100k powertrain warranty

Kool-Aid Man
09-30-2010, 09:48 AM
just for you mikey

Kool-Aid Man
09-30-2010, 09:53 AM
now only if my current truck ran properly

MILD THUNDER
09-30-2010, 09:54 AM
The 2011 Ford trucks are the best Super Duty yet, If I felt like dropping big
coin I would be all over one. 17 city 20 highway!!!!!

I take it they are running good? No problems? Ford wins in the interior department imo.

One feature i really would want, is the exhaust brake. Dodge is the only one i know offering it from factory. I have a exhaust brake in my big rig, and its the cats a$$. Lots more life from the brakes, no warping rotors, etc. Combine that would a good tow/haul mode downshifting, your stopping that rig in a hurry. Plus Mike can put a big ole stinkin 6" straight exhaust and engage the jake brake for that bwaapbwaapbwaapbwaap sound when coming to a stoplight with the Fontane. It would compliment his CB radio well.

redhotsommer
09-30-2010, 10:09 AM
just for you mikey

THAT'S what I'm talkin' 'bout! "Puuuuurple rain, Puurple rain...."

MILD THUNDER
09-30-2010, 10:10 AM

Nice dubs dude.

Mike, i can cut you a sweet deal on mine. Its loaded to the max! It has Cruise, a/c, power windows AND locks. 454 and 3spd automatic! It gets 8mpg empty, and 8mpg towing, and 8mpg parked. Of course the deluxe captains chairs come with, suitable for a captain like you. Plus its RED. I am currently removing pinstriping, and running boards coming off. Adding some ebay Fountain powerboats decals on the back window.

You can restore it from the ground up with one trip to autozone. lol, its a good old truck, but god DAMM, that sob rides like a yamaha sled over bumps. You'll need spinal surgery after a few sets of railroad tracks.

Magic Medicine
09-30-2010, 10:31 AM

Well get it down here buddy boy, the those tightly wrapped fingers off your wallet would ya????:sifone::26:

Magic Medicine
09-30-2010, 10:32 AM
I take it they are running good? No problems? Ford wins in the interior department imo.

One feature i really would want, is the exhaust brake. Dodge is the only one i know offering it from factory. I have a exhaust brake in my big rig, and its the cats a$$. Lots more life from the brakes, no warping rotors, etc. Combine that would a good tow/haul mode downshifting, your stopping that rig in a hurry. Plus Mike can put a big ole stinkin 6" straight exhaust and engage the jake brake for that bwaapbwaapbwaapbwaap sound when coming to a stoplight with the Fontane. It would compliment his CB radio well.

No problems that I have heard of, I am pretty sure the new Super Dutys have some sort of exhaust brake. They left no stone unturned on that truck!!!

Magic Medicine
09-30-2010, 10:34 AM
Nice dubs dude.

Mike, i can cut you a sweet deal on mine. Its loaded to the max! It has Cruise, a/c, power windows AND locks. 454 and 3spd automatic! It gets 8mpg empty, and 8mpg towing, and 8mpg parked. Of course the deluxe captains chairs come with, suitable for a captain like you. Plus its RED. I am currently removing pinstriping, and running boards coming off. Adding some ebay Fountain powerboats decals on the back window.

You can restore it from the ground up with one trip to autozone. lol, its a good old truck, but god DAMM, that sob rides like a yamaha sled over bumps. You'll need spinal surgery after a few sets of railroad tracks.

what the heck do you know about how a yamaha ride???? Last I remember you putting rotella t in your sled:sifone:

MILD THUNDER
09-30-2010, 10:44 AM
what the heck do you know about how a yamaha ride???? Last I remember you putting rotella t in your sled:sifone:

Rotella is good stuff! Like seafoam!

Actually, it was a secret trick i learned. Diesel oil is high detergent. Wanted to clean out my oil injection and combustion chambers! Thats the kind of stuff we do over at "Wild Boys Racing". Along with keeping our bilges properly lubricated and using adjustable wrenches and channel locks on EVERYTHING!

Magic Medicine
09-30-2010, 10:47 AM
Rotella is good stuff! Like seafoam!

That was a hell of a deal for sea foam:sifone::rofl:

OBNOXUS
09-30-2010, 03:41 PM

at least its got nice hoops now !!!!!

ICDEDPPL
09-30-2010, 09:19 PM
They all have issues.. what you need is a Ford with a Cummins and Allison trans.
Best of all worlds

http://www.fordcummins.com/:sifone:

Nevr2nd
09-30-2010, 09:53 PM
Yeah Eric, but I don't need a truck that's bigger than my boat!

BBobb, you should put up a pic of Purple Rain in its purple glory...not in the cool-ass paint Miller put on it!

Yea Mike,
I dont want a truck bigger than my boat either. haha.

Magic Medicine
10-01-2010, 07:49 AM
Yea Mike,
I dont want a truck bigger than my boat either. haha.

Eric,

Your truck is BA!!!!!! NICE!!!!!!!

Magic Medicine
10-01-2010, 07:51 AM
Mikey,

Right now there is a shortage of good used vehicle, the price of vehicle are high going
through the shoot right now. I can hook ya up either way Ford or Chevy. I am sure my Ford store would love your truck. Let me know if I can help.

Andy

redhotsommer
10-01-2010, 08:15 AM
Mikey,

Right now there is a shortage of good used vehicle, the price of vehicle are high going
through the shoot right now. I can hook ya up either way Ford or Chevy. I am sure my Ford store would love your truck. Let me know if I can help.

Andy

Will do. Joey said Den's store basically offered to pay off the note on his truck...I didn't know the demand was so high!

I'm going to do some test driving this weekend if I get a chance...

Blue Oval
10-01-2010, 08:21 AM
How about a red F-250!

OBNOXUS
10-01-2010, 08:38 AM
Sure,,,, now that you have all the bugs out of it,,,,, your gonna trade it in !!!!!!!!!

Magic Medicine
10-01-2010, 08:50 AM
How about a red F-250!

His is the same truck but a long bed!!!! We need to get him in a 2011 super duty

Magic Medicine
10-01-2010, 08:51 AM
Will do. Joey said Den's store basically offered to pay off the note on his truck...I didn't know the demand was so high!

I'm going to do some test driving this weekend if I get a chance...

Go drive all three trucks, decide what you exactly want and I will have my boy Frankie at the Ford store find you exactly what you want.

OBNOXUS
10-01-2010, 08:52 AM
We need to get him in a 2011 super duty

And a crew cab !!!

redhotsommer
10-01-2010, 09:02 AM
Definately need the crew cab. Only color options I'm willing to consider are black, white and red...and I don't really want a black one or a white one...

Twin Whackas
10-01-2010, 09:17 AM
I bought mine last year and love it.

Nevr2nd
10-01-2010, 09:41 AM
Eric,

Your truck is BA!!!!!! NICE!!!!!!!

Thanks Andy!

Blue Oval
10-01-2010, 09:47 AM
His is the same truck but a long bed!!!! We need to get him in a 2011 super duty

I was screwing with him!:cheers2:

Blue Oval
10-01-2010, 09:51 AM
OK, how about this!:hurray:

Magic Medicine
10-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Definately need the crew cab. Only color options I'm willing to consider are black, white and red...and I don't really want a black one or a white one...

Red it is!!!:cheers2:

Magic Medicine
10-01-2010, 11:10 AM
OK, how about this!:hurray:

No dually, no crew cab and wrong color.:smash:

I really want to get into a 2011 SD, but I would have rather have a bigger boat and a new sled. WTF I need to make somemore $$$$$$$$$$. I have a serious case of the I wana's.:bump:

MILD THUNDER
10-01-2010, 03:50 PM
ding ding ding

This is all mike

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-Custom-F-350-4x4-6-4-PSD-Lariat-Dually-Tow-Boss-/170547557773?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item27b56d358d

Tony M
10-01-2010, 04:56 PM
ding ding ding

This is all mike

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-Custom-F-350-4x4-6-4-PSD-Lariat-Dually-Tow-Boss-/170547557773?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item27b56d358d But A Daily Driver! that will hurt the Pocket :huh: :cool:.

MILD THUNDER
10-01-2010, 05:07 PM
But A Daily Driver! that will hurt the Pocket :huh: :cool:.

Bs. He can drive the jeep, old vette, or dually. Let's not forget, he is gonna be the Boss! And that truck is the tow boss!

It's got a roof rack for his huffy, snowboards, and whatever else he signs up for!

redhotsommer
10-01-2010, 07:29 PM
Jeep will be the daily driver for sure. There's a 450 for sale right here in Mokena for mid-30s and its red. Just too much truck for me...esp. considering I'm gonna be putting quite a few highway miles on it...that low gearing no es bueno.

MILD THUNDER
10-02-2010, 11:18 AM
Jeep will be the daily driver for sure. There's a 450 for sale right here in Mokena for mid-30s and its red. Just too much truck for me...esp. considering I'm gonna be putting quite a few highway miles on it...that low gearing no es bueno.

Some of them had 4.88 axles, some had 4.30. IMO, 4.30 isnt too bad. You can always go to a taller tire to cut some of the rpm down. I hear the 6.4 diesels can actually get good mpg if you do a dpf delete kit and tuner, but there goes the warranty...Love the F450 turning radius though. its sweet.

Magic Medicine
10-02-2010, 11:28 AM
ding ding ding

This is all mike

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-Custom-F-350-4x4-6-4-PSD-Lariat-Dually-Tow-Boss-/170547557773?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item27b56d358d

that truck puts the red in redneck

Bs. He can drive the jeep, old vette, or dually. Let's not forget, he is gonna be the Boss! And that truck is the tow boss!

It's got a roof rack for his huffy, snowboards, and whatever else he signs up for!
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Magic Medicine
10-02-2010, 11:30 AM

450's are horrible on fuel!!!! Sell da Jeep and the red truck and buy a 2011 PSD. Go big!!! Like Joe said you are da boss!!!!!!

Magic Medicine
10-02-2010, 11:31 AM
Some of them had 4.88 axles, some had 4.30. IMO, 4.30 isnt too bad. You can always go to a taller tire to cut some of the rpm down. I hear the 6.4 diesels can actually get good mpg if you do a dpf delete kit and tuner, but there goes the warranty...Love the F450 turning radius though. its sweet.

Your right, but you'll still have warranty at my shop!!!!

MILD THUNDER
10-02-2010, 12:01 PM
Hey Mike, i was just looking at Fords current incentives. Right now they are offering a 5k rebate on the 6.4 diesel trucks, another 1k loyalty rebate if you own and trade in a ford, 1k promotional cash. Thats 7k in rebates.

You can prob get a 50k dollar truck for under 40k brand new. Keep in mind the tax savings also if you trade in vs. selling outright. Sometimes you will have to sell your truck on the street for 3k or more to make it worthwhile for you. You can pay tax on say 40k, or tax on what the diff is between sale price and trade in price.

With these incentives, i cant see how some of the asking prices on used trucks are so high. Lets not forget the 0% for 60 months or 1.9% for 72 months they are offering on the 2010 6.4. When i bought my 2004 King Ranch Superduty new in 2004, it stickered for 48k. They had 0 for 72, i took that option and had a payment no higher than a used 30k dollar truck at 6.9 for 60 months. Sure a 2011 would be nice with the new motor and all, but a new 2010 for the price of a used 2008 or 2009 would be my route!

MILD THUNDER
10-02-2010, 12:20 PM
Your right, but you'll still have warranty at my shop!!!!

Good point! :iagree:

Magic Medicine
10-02-2010, 01:56 PM
Hey Mike, i was just looking at Fords current incentives. Right now they are offering a 5k rebate on the 6.4 diesel trucks, another 1k loyalty rebate if you own and trade in a ford, 1k promotional cash. Thats 7k in rebates.

You can prob get a 50k dollar truck for under 40k brand new. Keep in mind the tax savings also if you trade in vs. selling outright. Sometimes you will have to sell your truck on the street for 3k or more to make it worthwhile for you. You can pay tax on say 40k, or tax on what the diff is between sale price and trade in price.

With these incentives, i cant see how some of the asking prices on used trucks are so high. Lets not forget the 0% for 60 months or 1.9% for 72 months they are offering on the 2010 6.4. When i bought my 2004 King Ranch Superduty new in 2004, it stickered for 48k. They had 0 for 72, i took that option and had a payment no higher than a used 30k dollar truck at 6.9 for 60 months. Sure a 2011 would be nice with the new motor and all, but a new 2010 for the price of a used 2008 or 2009 would be my route!

Your right on pace Joe!!! Exactly my thinking. Mikey if your interested in this option I might be able to locate you a truck. Let me know????

Tony M
10-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Man ! "I'm Sure Glad I Got small pockets" Everybody Trying To Spend The New BIG Guys Raise! , MAYBE ! just Maybe! some day I Could do something Like That !

MILD THUNDER
10-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Man ! "I'm Sure Glad I Got small pockets" Everybody Trying To Spend The New BIG Guys Raise! , MAYBE ! just Maybe! some day I Could do something Like That !

Keep quiet! Or before you know it we'll have you in a 2011 F450 Dually and a 46FT Cigarette! :biggrinjester:

redhotsommer
10-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Your right on pace Joe!!! Exactly my thinking. Mikey if your interested in this option I might be able to locate you a truck. Let me know????

If you could do that I'd appreciate it bro. Let me know what ya find. 250 or 250, single rear wheel, crew cab...and short box if you can find it. Plus...red. :bump:

redhotsommer
10-02-2010, 02:50 PM
Here's that 450...I'm guessing that since you have to CALL for the mileage, it's pretty damn high...
http://frankfortautohaus.com/used/Ford/2008-Ford-F-450-55238b1d404638b501450701e608f408.htm

Tony M
10-02-2010, 05:48 PM
Keep quiet! Or before you know it we'll have you in a 2011 F450 Dually and a 46FT Cigarette! :biggrinjester: Wont fit on the driveway , Az Far as a big Truck I get my Fill of that chitt in 5 days & a 144000 a year dam sure dont need a 6th or 7th day of dat Crapp! :toetap05: :smash:.

MILD THUNDER
10-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Here's that 450...I'm guessing that since you have to CALL for the mileage, it's pretty damn high...
http://frankfortautohaus.com/used/Ford/2008-Ford-F-450-55238b1d404638b501450701e608f408.htm

Cool looking truck for sure. Love those 19.5 alcoas on the F450's. Tires dont appear to be original, i could be wrong. I think they came with continentals, and those treads look like firestone steeltex. Aftermarket exhaust as well. Appears to be "silverline" brand, what is what I had on my Ford. Nice exhaust.

nice thing about the 19.5 wheels is you can run commercial truck tires that last a very long time compared to a light truck tire.

That 450 would look great pulling your boat. And probably look real nice pullin mine too! :sifone:

MILD THUNDER
10-02-2010, 06:04 PM
Wont fit on the driveway , Az Far as a big Truck I get my Fill of that chitt in 5 days & a 144000 a year dam sure dont need a 6th or 7th day of dat Crapp! :toetap05: :smash:.

Thats a easy fix, just move to a bigger house with a few acres and a pole barn in back and retire! :cheers2:

Tony M
10-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Thats a easy fix, just move to a bigger house with a few acres and a pole barn in back and retire! :cheers2:

need a boarder ? :sifone: :rofl: Ah Never Mind That Won't Work . :cheers2::cheers2::cheers2:.

OBNOXUS
10-02-2010, 07:19 PM

My parents just called me,,,, they just bought a house in Michigan 15 mins west of South Haven with a pole barn out back,,,woo hoo !!!

redhotsommer
10-02-2010, 09:40 PM
Where at Den? Can't be too far from my parents place...and pole barn!

Magic Medicine
10-02-2010, 10:24 PM
need a boarder ? :sifone: :rofl: Ah Never Mind That Won't Work . :cheers2::cheers2::cheers2:.

Probably not currently!!!:huh:

Magic Medicine
10-02-2010, 10:26 PM
If you could do that I'd appreciate it bro. Let me know what ya find. 250 or 250, single rear wheel, crew cab...and short box if you can find it. Plus...red. :bump:

Got my guy on it. What about options??? I have him optioning out like I would, Lariet premium package. What do you want??? Leather, roof, dvd???? I told him RED only.

OBNOXUS
10-02-2010, 10:59 PM
Where at Den? Can't be too far from my parents place...and pole barn!

Off of 388,,,,supposed to be 4 miles from my Aunts place

MILD THUNDER
10-03-2010, 09:06 AM
My parents just called me,,,, they just bought a house in Michigan 15 mins west of South Haven with a pole barn out back,,,woo hoo !!!

Awesome!!!!!!! :03:

redhotsommer
10-03-2010, 09:20 AM
NBD on the options...current truck is a Lariat. Don't really care about a DVD player...Michelle def. wants heated seats!

OBNOXUS
10-03-2010, 09:37 AM
If you get the Lariat,,, it should pretty much have everything you need.

Skimp on the stereo and we can put in a set-up like mine !!!

Magic Medicine
10-03-2010, 10:33 AM
NBD on the options...current truck is a Lariat. Don't really care about a DVD player...Michelle def. wants heated seats!

Red lariet 4x4 crew cab, short bed, 250 or 350 it is

If you get the Lariat,,, it should pretty much have everything you need.

Skimp on the stereo and we can put in a set-up like mine !!!
At this point in the game I think thats about as picky is he can get

ICDEDPPL
10-03-2010, 08:50 PM
Stopped at the Ford dealer today, this truck is just bad ass, interior is MINT for an 02 and only 58K miles. Wonder how the ride is with those tires and it being lifted.
http://www.packeywebbford.com/inventory/details.aspx?s=u&id=F3373B&d=Ford&m=F-250&y=2002

This was a sweet truck too but worst year POwerchoke motor

http://www.packeywebbford.com/inventory/details.aspx?s=u&id=F3393&d=Ford&m=F-250&y=2004

MILD THUNDER
10-03-2010, 09:08 PM
Stopped at the Ford dealer today, this truck is just bad ass, interior is MINT for an 02 and only 58K miles. Wonder how the ride is with those tires and it being lifted.
http://www.packeywebbford.com/inventory/details.aspx?s=u&id=F3373B&d=Ford&m=F-250&y=2002

http://www.packeywebbford.com/inventory/details.aspx?s=u&id=F3393&d=Ford&m=F-250&y=2004

WOW! 28k For a 2004!! And 20k for a 2002 with a V10 gasser! I guess i sold my 2004 King Ranch diesel way too low at 18500....geez

ICDEDPPL
10-03-2010, 09:59 PM
I`ll take that for $18.5!
Haven`t checked prices lately but yeah those do seem high.
Maybe I could get more now for my F-150 now... hmmm

Magic Medicine
10-04-2010, 08:01 AM

Thats alittle optomistic!!!!!

redhotsommer
10-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Drove an 08 F250 with the V10 and about 50k today, and an 08 F350 SRW with 38k and the Powerstroke. I actually think I liked the V10 better...plus its easier to start when we're up sledding AND easier to find fuel (I hate looking for accessible diesel pumps with a trailer behind me)...hmmm.

Was over at Currie...just missed Little D as he headed off to lamaze class!

MILD THUNDER
10-06-2010, 08:31 AM
Drove an 08 F250 with the V10 and about 50k today, and an 08 F350 SRW with 38k and the Powerstroke. I actually think I liked the V10 better...plus its easier to start when we're up sledding AND easier to find fuel (I hate looking for accessible diesel pumps with a trailer behind me)...hmmm.

I like the V10 too. I had a V10, 5.4, and 6.0 diesel in the superduty trucks. 5.4 was a slug, 6.0 had some issues, and V10 was good! V10 Ford has been out for 10+ years now.

Tony M
10-06-2010, 08:52 AM

Was over at Currie...just missed Little D as he headed off to lamaze class! I Offered mine, V-10, Program, cold air induction, With my driveing it with out pulling my boat 17mpg hyw , 15 city , 12 pulling the boat if you keep it under 2000 rpm that will put you at about 62to 65mph pulling an just driving it put you at 62 to 68 anymore than that it will drink gas like water but now mine has the 3.72 rear end that should still handel your boat fine thay drive just like the old 98s & Caddys got to watch your speed they do like to walk away on you ! :driving: Come on over and take for the week end pull your boat or what ever But NO 4 WHEELING ! Please.

Magic Medicine
10-06-2010, 09:48 AM

Put a ur boat behind that V10 and you'll miss your current truck you can bet on that, I promise you that.

The 6.4 diesel does not experience the same issues that my truck or your truck does in the winter truck. Starts right up the first time and doesn't sound like the engine is going to hit the ground.

As long as I have to haul my boat on a regular basis, there is NO way in HE** I would go back to a gasser. I don't care that it cost my $100 in fuel a week to use as my daily driver!!!!!

redhotsommer
10-06-2010, 10:02 AM
The 6.4 felt like it wouldn't coast for some reason? And it felt a lot slower and less torquey than the V10. It WAS a badass truck, though...although it felt HUGE with the long bed and crew cab...

http://apps.dealerconnection.com/dealers/curriemotors/used-inventory?_flowExecutionKey=_c1DE9C486-F100-437F-D445-BA1978F1FABE_k3F42F020-50CB-887F-0A0A-581875EF38C7&_eventId_vehicledetails=true&vin=1FTWW31R68EC82103&dealerPACode=01511&certifiedPreownedImg=false

Magic Medicine
10-06-2010, 10:12 AM
The 6.4 felt like it wouldn't coast for some reason? And it felt a lot slower and less torquey than the V10. It WAS a badass truck, though...although it felt HUGE with the long bed and crew cab...

http://apps.dealerconnection.com/dealers/curriemotors/used-inventory?_flowExecutionKey=_c1DE9C486-F100-437F-D445-BA1978F1FABE_k3F42F020-50CB-887F-0A0A-581875EF38C7&_eventId_vehicledetails=true&vin=1FTWW31R68EC82103&dealerPACode=01511&certifiedPreownedImg=false

Yep longbed crew cab is a big truck trust me I know. LOL.

Magic Medicine
10-06-2010, 10:16 AM
If my figures are correct, you'd be around $150/ month difference for a BRAND new one vs used.

ICDEDPPL
10-06-2010, 10:18 AM
I always thought unless you plug those diesels in they are a bitch to start and with the new fuels its even worse.
My buddy is a diesel mechanic for a last few years they have terrible trouble starting their fleet

redhotsommer
10-06-2010, 10:47 AM
I can tell ya my 7.3 is a MOTHER. When we go north, the first thing I do is look for a place to plug in the block heater. Last year in Ishpeming, the outlet didn't work...turning the motor over about killed both batteries...fortunately I had a jump pack and got it going. Sounded like the engine was full of giant ball bearings!

Kool-Aid Man
10-06-2010, 12:17 PM
You guys over analyze the crap outta things!

For a group of people that pull at the most 30 miles (home and back) on a weekend in the summer (for 8wks) and occassionally pull a boat on a long haul from a fuel cost perspective its immaterial (unless your Andy and drive it ALL the time). Mikey is 8 miles from his work and drives a jeep in the summer!

My .02 cents is the following

You don't need a diesel because your boat doesn't weigh that much and a V10 will do just fine...if your boat weight was like mine, bz, big d, rich yes diesel all the way. I've always been impressed with BZ.s truck and i've pulled some heavy $hit with it! (thanks again BZ).

Winters suck balls with diesel and Mikey...you use your truck alot for winter snowmobiling so that makes complete sense trying to avoid the cold start up issue.

Longbed vs Short bed....maneuvering again sucks balls with a longbed however if you plan to haul a third sled in the bed it makes perfect sense. Short bed is a better day to day driver with better turning radius

Plain and simple..Crewcab is a must but i think thats already been established...I love little d's truck but personally would have gotten a crewcab...

Color options..nailed down

4x4...nailed down

Heated seats...nailed down

Stereo....I agree with Big D

So basically i don't give a $hit what you buy and disregard everything i've said above and buy something that looks good, feels good and is the price you want to pay....you can't take me too seriously on buying trucks....looks at my history with them!! LOL good luck buddy!!

MILD THUNDER
10-06-2010, 02:20 PM
Mike, if you feel comfortable with the way your current truck hauls the boat suspension and weight carrying wise, then i'd say get yourself another non dually, in a crew cab. Not sure if you have towed it with anyones dually, but if not, worth a try borrowing say bz, Big D's, or rich's truck and seeing how you like the way it pulls before making a purchase.

Not many guys realize how heavy their boats really are when fueled up on the trailer! My formula was no doubt a beast. At the truck stop, i weighed it. My trailer axles had 15300lbs on them, and rear axle had like 5300 lbs on it. So total boat and trailer combo somewhere around 17k lbs (about 1700 on the tongue). That was with both fuel tanks empty, before winter storage. So, add about another 1400 lbs for 240 gallons of gas at 6lbs a gallon. 18500 fully loaded. That is definitly not F250 single wheel territory, and still more than a one ton dually should be pulling.

I would bet that your 35, fueled up on its steel trailer, still has to be near 11-12k lbs. My old single engine 24' boat was 8k on its trailer. Only point im trying to make is that in my opinion, anything over 30ft is worthy of a dually.

Big D has towed his 36 with a srw and now a dually. Im sure his comfort zone is way up in his dually. One ton duallys have a purpose in life. They arent for semi trailers and 46' black thunders. :cheers2:

I agree with Bbob, V10 has plenty of grunt. Unloaded they are peppy around town. Not as much as a diesel, but still good. No problems doing 70mph with my 38 in tow behind my stock Beagle. 454 gas rated at 245HP and like 340ft lbs of torque coupled to a 3 speed auto!!! Talk about a bit underpowered. V10 has more HP and torque, and will put alot more useable power to the ground with the new 5spd automatic. If i wanna go fast i'll buy a vette or add some power to the boat motors! Unless we start doing drag races with the boats in tow next season.

OBNOXUS
10-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Rich like the way my 8.1 pulls his boat over his diesel !!!

MILD THUNDER
10-06-2010, 03:15 PM

Den, when did they stop offering the 8.1/allison combo?

Nevr2nd
10-06-2010, 03:25 PM

Just like a proud Papa!!

OBNOXUS
10-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Den, when did they stop offering the 8.1/allison combo?

07 with the new body style.

I have also read that my year (05) was the last year for the 5 speed and the 6 speed wasnt quite as tough,,,, but still plenty for what we do,,,, they are talking about the guys that put big power through beefed up duramax's.

Also,,,, 06+ went to "ford" style side mirrors instead of my smaller power extenders

OBNOXUS
10-06-2010, 03:33 PM
Just like a proud Papa!!

Nah,,, that was the 99 that got totaled,,,, couldnt care less about this one

I sure miss that truck !!!!!

drpete3
10-06-2010, 03:38 PM
I have a 3/4 ton suburban Ill sell ya

Magic Medicine
10-06-2010, 03:57 PM
I'll say it one more time. I LOVE working at a GM dealership and I'm glad my truck has a Blue oval on the front. My job is comission based, fill in the lines!!!!!!

My .02

MILD THUNDER
10-06-2010, 07:08 PM
I'll say it one more time. I LOVE working at a GM dealership and I'm glad my truck has a Blue oval on the front. My job is comission based, fill in the lines!!!!!!

My .02

Just got my moms 2004 explorer limited back from the dealer. Second time in dealer for same tranny issue again. Trans screwed up at 40k miles, and again at 80k miles.800 bucks each time.

Were the 5spd autos in them a issue with the V8? Lol, my dad offered to give it to me for a work car bc they want to get a new Lincoln MKT. I told him before he gives it to me, he needed to get that trans fixed!

specialk
10-06-2010, 07:37 PM
Nah,,, that was the 99 that got totaled,,,, couldnt care less about this one

I sure miss that truck !!!!!

What the hell was that truck doing out of the garage with snow on the ground in that pic!!!

That was probably the closest that ever came to a snow flake.

Magic Medicine
10-06-2010, 07:37 PM
Just got my moms 2004 explorer limited back from the dealer. Second time in dealer for same tranny issue again. Trans screwed up at 40k miles, and again at 80k miles.800 bucks each time.

Were the 5spd autos in them a issue with the V8? Lol, my dad offered to give it to me for a work car bc they want to get a new Lincoln MKT. I told him before he gives it to me, he needed to get that trans fixed!

Nice dad! I'm not aware of any transmission problems with the explorer v8's?? What was wrong with it and what did they do to fix it. Most of the trans issues I run across are caused from towing to much with a 1/2 ton truck or people not coming to a complete stop before they shift from reverse to forward.

OBNOXUS
10-06-2010, 09:18 PM
What the hell was that truck doing out of the garage with snow on the ground in that pic!!!

That was probably the closest that ever came to a snow flake.

Exactly,,, JUST out for the pic !!!!

OBNOXUS
10-06-2010, 09:19 PM
Nice dad! I'm not aware of any transmission problems with the explorer v8's?? What was wrong with it and what did they do to fix it. Most of the trans issues I run across are caused from towing to much with a 1/2 ton truck or people not coming to a complete stop before they shift from reverse to forward.

EVERYONE I know with an Exploder has had trans issues,,,,figured you would have had tons of them through by the old place

Candyman
10-07-2010, 12:44 AM
07 with the new body style.

I have also read that my year (05) was the last year for the 5 speed and the 6 speed wasnt quite as tough,,,, but still plenty for what we do,,,, they are talking about the guys that put big power through beefed up duramax's.

Also,,,, 06+ went to "ford" style side mirrors instead of my smaller power extenders

Not all the 06's had the Ford mirrors.

OBNOXUS
10-07-2010, 07:52 AM
Not all the 06's had the Ford mirrors.

OK,,,, let me rephrase,,,, the tow mirror OPTION switched to ford style mirrors

Blue Oval
10-07-2010, 08:33 AM

My .02

Did you say BLUE OVAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:driving::iagree:

MILD THUNDER
10-07-2010, 08:59 AM

No towing with theirs. Mom drives it, and she's definitly not like the little old lady from pasadena.

Issue was put it in reverse, 1-3 seconds would go by, then BANG. It would engage in reverse super hard. Was also shifting funnny, like slipping in between shifts. They installed some shift pack solenoid thing. And did a trans service. Other than the trans, its been a pretty good vehicle. Engine is the good ole 4.6 V8.

Im not a big chrysler fan, but getting out the the exploder, and hopping in our 2008 Grand Cherokee overland, is like getting into a benz. The ride and handling of the jeep blows away the exploder. The Hemi gets worse mpg though, and i dont like that cutting off cylinders during highway cruising in the attempt to help mpg. Reminds me of the old 4-6-8 caddys! Those things sucked! lol

Magic Medicine
10-07-2010, 09:05 AM
EVERYONE I know with an Exploder has had trans issues,,,,figured you would have had tons of them through by the old place

NOPE!!!!! Must be Illinois drivers:eek::bump:

OBNOXUS
10-07-2010, 09:11 AM
Same thing here,,,, my mom went through a trans,,,, same as Joes mom,,,,, drives so slow I refuse to drive with her !!!!

My buddy who drives like I do,,, went through 3 !!!

another buddy has one his wife only drives,,,, ate one.

went to a local trans shop and the guy said he stocks 5 on the shelf cuz he replaces so many of them !!!

Magic Medicine
10-07-2010, 09:23 AM
No towing with theirs. Mom drives it, and she's definitly not like the little old lady from pasadena.

Issue was put it in reverse, 1-3 seconds would go by, then BANG. It would engage in reverse super hard. Was also shifting funnny, like slipping in between shifts. They installed some shift pack solenoid thing. And did a trans service. Other than the trans, its been a pretty good vehicle. Engine is the good ole 4.6 V8.

Im not a big chrysler fan, but getting out the the exploder, and hopping in our 2008 Grand Cherokee overland, is like getting into a benz. The ride and handling of the jeep blows away the exploder. The Hemi gets worse mpg though, and i dont like that cutting off cylinders during highway cruising in the attempt to help mpg. Reminds me of the old 4-6-8 caddys! Those things sucked! lol

Not a big explorer fan either. If I was getting a SUV it would be a Denali or
an Escalade with an extended warranty.

Tony M
10-07-2010, 09:49 AM
Hay ! T a l l Mike you could also try my DODGE !

Magic Medicine
10-07-2010, 10:05 AM
Tall mike would look good in the green machine!!!!!

redhotsommer
10-07-2010, 10:24 AM
Doesn't have heated seats. ;)

Tony M
10-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Doesn't have heated seats. ;) Old school Heated Seats ! "Beans & Beer Beans & Beer" Dam Man I Did Say Try it Not Buy It ! Now Andy going to want it !!!! :cheers2::cheers2: :sifone:.

ICDEDPPL
10-07-2010, 08:16 PM
I like the second Pic Tony.. guns all over the hood and bumper and i think thats ` a dog looking thru the back window lol

Tony M
10-08-2010, 08:44 AM
Yep ! Heres Two More dogs My Daughter has, the one in the front is mine he never like the camara or the guns. :USA: Thank God she has her own place.

MILD THUNDER
10-08-2010, 09:45 AM
Not a big explorer fan either. If I was getting a SUV it would be a Denali or
an Escalade with an extended warranty.

Too bad they dont make a escalade in a 3/4 Ton in the long version, like the older yukon XL 3/4 tons. Actually, Im surprised that we dont see bbob pulling his cig around with the escalade. I mean, the color does match, and it has big shiny rims?? :confused:

Magic Medicine
10-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Too bad they dont make a escalade in a 3/4 Ton in the long version, like the older yukon XL 3/4 tons. Actually, Im surprised that we dont see bbob pulling his cig around with the escalade. I mean, the color does match, and it has big shiny rims?? :confused:

If they made a 3/4 Avalanche with a duramax, I might change brands?????

Drove a 2011 F250 psd, yesterday the thing is quite as a gasser does not stick due the the def. That truck has the same or more power than my truck with the tuner on setting 3, keep in mind it had 70 miles on it not close to broken in. That truck in fuc#king BA if ya got 60k layin around!!!!!!!:USA:

redhotsommer
10-18-2010, 08:50 AM
Think I mighta found the truck...

SC288
10-18-2010, 10:00 AM
Think I mighta found the truck...

Spill the beans TallMike!

redhotsommer
10-18-2010, 01:25 PM
It won't make Andy happy...

SC288
10-18-2010, 01:49 PM

Ok so we can cross Ford off of the list. My guess is a Dodge? :huh:

Magic Medicine
10-18-2010, 03:50 PM

I don't give a chit what you buy I was just trying to steer you in the right direction

I think you right, what was the quality slogan when you were at there tranny plant. Something like F it just ship it!!!:huh:

Blue Oval
10-18-2010, 03:57 PM

I always say someone has to support the runner up's! If not alot of people would looze their jobs!!

Magic Medicine
10-18-2010, 03:58 PM
I always say someone has to support the runner up's! If not alot of people would looze their jobs!!

You selling alot of the 6.7's????

OBNOXUS
10-18-2010, 04:22 PM
Im a die hard bowtie guy,,,, but ya got to repect Ford for not taking any bailout $$$$

Blue Oval
10-18-2010, 04:46 PM
So far the one's I have sold are doing good, all my builders are slow, not selling very many loaded Super Duty's. Sold a few 6.2 work trucks to lawn & plow people. That new 6.2 is a great engine also! Has some balls!

SC288
10-18-2010, 05:00 PM
I think you right, what was the quality slogan when you were at there tranny plant. Something like F it just ship it!!!:huh:[/QUOTE]

I did do an internship at Chrysler in Kokomo....I worked at the old front wheel drive transmission plant in production. There were times that the area supervisors would ship parts that were supposed to be 100% inspected to the assembly line without being inspected due to being behind and not wanting to shut assembly down. Some of the issues would get caught on the test stand before being shipped.

OBNOXUS
10-18-2010, 10:04 PM
I installed a vertical shuttle system in the Kokomo plant.

Because I was non union,,, they had a worker sitting at a picinic table for every crew man I had working.

explains why a Neon was 20k :mad:

Magic Medicine
10-19-2010, 08:06 AM
I installed a vertical shuttle system in the Kokomo plant.

Because I was non union,,, they had a worker sitting at a picinic table for every crew man I had working.

explains why a Neon was 20k :mad:

EVEN THOUGHT I AGREE WITH YOU 100%. Lets not start this discussion, being were we live it could stir up a HUGE hornets nest. That being said, I am suprised thats all they did.:icon_bs:

redhotsommer
10-19-2010, 12:10 PM
Drove it...really liked it. Gotta see if I can make a deal.

http://southoakdodge.com/inventory/details.aspx?s=u&id=T30060A&d=Dodge&m=Ram 2500&y=2009

paulb32
10-19-2010, 01:22 PM
Looks Great. That cap was probably $1600-$1800 new. It's the "upgraded" version with framless glass. You'll get a good buck if you sell that. They are only $1k above Nada retail call, and Trade is listed 10% below that.
Beat them up hard, twice, then buy it the third time in.

OBNOXUS
10-19-2010, 04:04 PM
looks just like the truck from the movie Twister hehehehehehe !!!!!

paulb32
10-19-2010, 09:07 PM
looks just like the truck from the movie Twister hehehehehehe !!!!!

Man you've got wayyyy too much time on your hands to dig up that photo ......

B.Z.
10-19-2010, 10:28 PM
Drove it...really liked it. Gotta see if I can make a deal.

http://southoakdodge.com/inventory/details.aspx?s=u&id=T30060A&d=Dodge&m=Ram 2500&y=2009

Mikey, one of my guy's has some connections at South Oak Dodge I will see him Wednesday night at my meeting let me know if you want me to ask him for his help....:willy_nilly:

OBNOXUS
10-19-2010, 10:52 PM
Man you've got wayyyy too much time on your hands to dig up that photo ......

googles twisted truck,,,, took about 20 seconds !

Im way to lazy to do anything that involves time or thought !!!! :sifone:

MILD THUNDER
10-20-2010, 09:19 AM
Iike it mike. Good looking truck. I would check on a deal on a 2010, thought they were offering 0 percent plus some decent cash back. Just heresay, but there was a thread on oso I think about the new redesigned dodges, and some of the dodge owners had stated that the 2010 trucks were improved on quite a bit. From ride quality, fit and finish, etc.

We all have our preferences, but all the new trucks have mega motors, tough chassis, and lots of bells and whistles. They are all pretty sweet. The newer cummins are pretty quiet! My buddys 2010 sounds like a gasser at idle.