PDA

View Full Version : L.S.C. Magnums

h2oMag
12-01-2008, 01:47 AM
Here are some spy shots of a new 1977 Magnum to Lake St Clair. More pic's and info to come. :26:

h2oMag
02-06-2009, 12:50 AM
This 1975 Mag will be making a comeback on LSC this summer. She started life as the P-14 ANACONDA, and when she's done will be a reborn ANACONDA. Sparky at Vicious Marine did the hull restoration and paint, and it looks great. Here are some before pic's.

h2oMag
02-06-2009, 12:57 AM
And here are a few of the after pic's just out of the paint shop.

chris sunsation
02-06-2009, 08:25 PM

Rob should be pretty happy with the outcome.

h2oMag
02-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Rob should be pretty happy with the outcome.

Rob is doing it right, should be a great ride when he is done. Also he took his Apache cat engines to Katech for a serious rebuild !!!!!:sifone: Chris here is one of ANACONDA in the back of Fisher bay, when Joe had her back in the day.

MattBMiller
02-08-2009, 03:28 AM
Sweet boats! Is that a Miami Vice Scarab in the one pic? Haven't seen that on LSC.

h2oMag
02-08-2009, 03:41 PM
Sweet boats! Is that a Miami Vice Scarab in the one pic? Haven't seen that on LSC.

Yes it is a Vice Scarab, it over at Sparky's [Vicious Marine] shop for a make over.

showtime83
03-07-2009, 03:53 AM
i think i rember seeing that boat for sale 3-4 years ago in the boat trader mag, rember calling on it and wanting to look at it

h2oMag
07-11-2009, 07:56 PM

The Anaconda Magnum is alive and well on Lake St Clair. She came by the house looking good with Rob K at the wheel.:driving:

MattBMiller
07-13-2009, 08:04 AM
The Anaconda Magnum is alive and well on Lake St Clair. She came by the house looking good with Rob K at the wheel.:driving:

Saw the orange one out there 4th of July weekend. Looked great!

h2oMag
07-13-2009, 12:13 PM
Saw the orange one out there 4th of July weekend. Looked great!

That was her. I also have seen the brown & white ENTICER Mag out running, this one is bone stock also.

olredalert
07-13-2009, 07:57 PM
-------There was a red 27 at Crocketts today. Had the name "Lipstick". Had TRS drives and big boxes on the hatches. Very nice!!!!:drool5::drool5::drool5: Anybody know how its powered??? Where does the boat hang???.........Bill S

h2oMag
07-13-2009, 10:37 PM
Did it look like this one.:sifone:

olredalert
07-15-2009, 11:28 AM
------Similar but two boxes directly above the carbs as well. Oh,,,And the one at Crocketts was red.........Bill S

MikeyFIN
08-23-2009, 10:27 AM
i think i rember seeing that boat for sale 3-4 years ago in the boat trader mag, rember calling on it and wanting to look at it

A similar orange one is as we speak going over to Sweden or is it this one?

Hereīs the pic of it.

http://forum.boatsite.se/uploads/post-1306-1249893006.jpg

h2oMag
08-24-2009, 12:32 AM
A similar orange one is as we speak going over to Sweden or is it this one?

Hereīs the pic of it.

http://forum.boatsite.se/uploads/post-1306-1249893006.jpg

This orange Mag is not a bad boat, but there are some problems, like the bottom has blisters & she sank two years ago..

MikeyFIN
09-18-2009, 06:21 PM
Thatīs what I thought too when I saw the pics of it and heard itīs coming over.
Oh well just redo the bottom then with Epoxy at least.

h2oMag
09-18-2009, 09:46 PM
Thatīs what I thought too when I saw the pics of it and heard itīs coming over.
Oh well just redo the bottom then with Epoxy at least.

You know you have had a bad day :willy_nilly: of boating when this happens.:ack2:

Buoy
09-18-2009, 10:32 PM
You know you have had a bad day :willy_nilly: of boating when this happens.:ack2:

That brings a tear to the eye.
Fortunately you posted photos of it after it was refurbed.
Such incredible looking boats.

h2oMag
09-18-2009, 10:45 PM
That brings a tear to the eye.
Fortunately you posted photos of it after it was refurbed.
Such incredible looking boats.

Our 32' Skater [Eastern Express] never won a race till we sank her.:( Than she became a winner.. :sifone:

MattBMiller
09-19-2009, 01:08 AM

Ouch, that wouldn't be fun to watch

phragle
09-19-2009, 01:43 AM
heres a couple

Dude! Sweet!
09-22-2009, 08:02 PM
Our 32' Skater [Eastern Express] never won a race till we sank her.:( Than she became a winner.. :sifone:

Sometimes you just have to show a machine who's the boss! :sifone:

In all seriousness... the 27 Mag has to be one of the all time best looking boats ever. Nothing says "offshore" to me like the lines of a 27 Mag.

Smarty
09-26-2009, 12:52 AM
heres a couple

How much are they asking for those two? They look great in those pictures. I miss my father's 27' Sport, that was a fun boat.

h2oMag
09-27-2009, 10:41 AM
QUOTE=Smarty;326192]How much are they asking for those two? They look great in those pictures. I miss my father's 27' Sport, that was a fun boat.[/QUOTE]

The orange one sold for around 32k, the white one ????????? If this is the market :ack2: now, I'll maybe it's sell my stock 29' Mirage...:sifone:

tsp
09-27-2009, 06:34 PM
QUOTE=Smarty;326192]How much are they asking for those two? They look great in those pictures. I miss my father's 27' Sport, that was a fun boat.

The orange one sold for around 32k, the white one ????????? If this is the market :ack2: now, I'll maybe it's sell my stock 29' Mirage...:sifone:[/QUOTE]

The white mag is listed here. No price given.

http://www.kennedyautomarine.com/boats.html

Len S
10-04-2009, 04:22 PM
The orange one sold for around 32k, the white one ????????? If this is the market :ack2: now, I'll maybe it's sell my stock 29' Mirage...:sifone:

The white mag is listed here. No price given.

http://www.kennedyautomarine.com/boats.html[/QUOTE]

The white one that you posted the link for is my old boat that i sold him last year... Now has a pair of 400's SB in it now, just seen it the other day and the rest of it is the same as when he got it from me Most of the pic's he has posted on his site are when i had it.

Who said they seen the lipstick i know the boat and its back in these parts. any pic when you say it

phragle
10-04-2009, 04:24 PM
I saw a clean white/red one one aflatbed heading south on 75 friday......

Len S
10-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Did it look like this one.:sifone:

boats back in Grand bend ontario. funny i just was speaking with the guy that named that boat lipstick, boat used to be yellow back in the day when he first got it and changed it to red. boat had big blocks in it and was sold years ago with no moters as he had to much in them. The boats been under before and also again has big blocks in it..

h2oMag
10-05-2009, 10:04 PM
I saw a clean white/red one one aflatbed heading south on 75 friday......

This very nice Mag is going south for the winter. The Dock Box at Emerald City Harbor just did some work on her.

olredalert
10-09-2009, 11:45 PM
------Len,,,Saw Lipstick at Crocketts. Dont know if its still there or not. No pics.......Mr.Bill

Jeppe
10-25-2009, 04:37 AM
Well, the orange one didn't really go for 32K. It was actually just under 30.

I would know, as I just brought her over to Sweden! :D We are actually taking the first testrun today and then we are putting her inside over the winter so we can fix some of her issues.

By the way, this is my first post here, thank you for a great forum!

MikeyFIN
10-25-2009, 05:34 AM
Jeppe is boating as we speak !!!

DAREDEVIL
10-25-2009, 09:12 AM
Jeppe,,,,welcome and have fun with the boat.
Stay away from MIKA ,,he is crazy ...HAHAHA:rofl:

h2oMag
10-25-2009, 09:42 AM
Well, the orange one didn't really go for 32K. It was actually just under 30.

I would know, as I just brought her over to Sweden! :D We are actually taking the first testrun today and then we are putting her inside over the winter so we can fix some of her issues.

By the way, this is my first post here, thank you for a great forum!

Great to here this Mag made it to it's new home Ok... :cheers2:

MikeyFIN
10-25-2009, 01:04 PM
Jeppe,,,,welcome and have fun with the boat.
Stay away from MIKA ,,he is crazy ...HAHAHA:rofl:

Thank you for the COMPLIMENT but we ainīt in New Jersey YET :sifone:

Jeppe has a cool boat!! Hugger Orange is always a Cool colour.

MikeyFIN
10-25-2009, 01:13 PM
http://forum.boatsite.se/uploads/post-1306-1256489892.jpg

Jeppe Might wanna fill in the story of the day unless he wants help?

Jeppe
10-25-2009, 06:39 PM
After some trailer issues, there are some differences in standards between the US and Europe:), we got her in to the water and started her up. She started easily and ran and sounded great. The oil pressure on the starboard engine was a bit high though, 75 psi at 1200 rpm, and now it seems we have blown a gasket on the oil filter. :confused:
At least we hope thats what happened, she suddenly lost oil pressure so I shut her down and when I looked under the engine there was oil spray on the bilge and the oil was pouring out. :(

I'll inspect the damage closer tomorrow to try and find out what happened.

Anyway, winter is coming closer and I will have plenty of time to have her in top shape by spring! :)

DAREDEVIL
10-25-2009, 07:29 PM
After some trailer issues, there are some differences in standards between the US and Europe:), we got her in to the water and started her up. She started easily and ran and sounded great. The oil pressure on the starboard engine was a bit high though, 75 psi at 1200 rpm, and now it seems we have blown a gasket on the oil filter. :confused:
At least we hope thats what happened, she suddenly lost oil pressure so I shut her down and when I looked under the engine there was oil spray on the bilge and the oil was pouring out. :(

Anyway, winter is coming closer and I will have plenty of time to have her in top shape by spring! :)

Cool and not so cool ( on the oil problem ) !!!!!!

Let Mika know ,,he is willing to help ,I bet !!
Good luck with the boat.:USA:

10-25-2009, 10:02 PM
I just have to say the proportions on the 27' Magnums are perfect.

One of the best looking boats of all time. No wonder it was the basis of so many boats to come in the future.

The Orange boat is beautiful. :drool5:

Buoy
10-25-2009, 11:27 PM
I just have to say the proportions on the 27' Magnums are perfect.

One of the best looking boats of all time. No wonder it was the basis of so many boats to come in the future.

The Orange boat is beautiful. :drool5:

I have to agree.
The 27 Mag is one of the most Iconic boats in offshore history.
The only other boat that I think is as well designed is the 35 Mistress.
(Oh, and my 24x7 Pantera)...:sifone:

Just classic boat designs, and also performers.

Such a great looking boat Jeppe!!
Good luck, and hope it's a simple fix on the oil PSI thing.
Look forward to seeing more pics, and what you have in store for her.

And welcome to SeriousOffshore!

DAREDEVIL
10-26-2009, 10:36 PM
I have to agree.

I agree,,,but i would not let out my Aero-Tek...LOL...from the list !!!:sifone:

h2oMag
10-26-2009, 10:41 PM
[At least we hope thats what happened, she suddenly lost oil pressure so I shut her down and when I looked under the engine there was oil spray on the bilge and the oil was pouring out]

When I looked at her they said the oil was just changed. Maybe thats where the oil I saw in the bildge :confused: came from. Hopefully it's a easy fix.

Buoy
10-27-2009, 01:37 AM
I agree,,,but i would not let out my Aero-Tek...LOL...from the list !!!:sifone:

Let the rumors fly, but the last I heard, the 24x7 hull design was based, pulled, spashed, completely redesigned or whatever the hell else...
And the Mistress was also a birth-child of the 27 Magnum.
As much with classic Offshore's, and the "real" history of these boats (including those that were "working boats in the 80's") we'll never know the truth.

All are Iconic boats, and just to own one of them is a privilege to me.

MikeyFIN
10-27-2009, 01:44 AM

Not let me not paint devils on your Wall ( heheeehhh) but if the oil pressure suddenly goes way up youīre losing a bearing in worst case.
Hopefully this time itīs something else.
And Jeppe sure has good help closer.
Thereīs a lot of knowable mechanics around Stockholm... and I mean A LOT.
Mange Surely will assist.

MikeyFIN
10-27-2009, 01:46 AM
Let the rumors fly, but the last I heard, the 24x7 hull design was based, pulled, spashed, completely redesigned or whatever the hell else...
And the Mistress was also a birth-child of the 27 Magnum.
As much with classic Offshore's, and the "real" history of these boats (including those that were "working boats in the 80's") we'll never know the truth.

All are Iconic boats, and just to own one of them is a privilege to me.

Weīre all related also as childs of Adam and Eve....or so does it say in the big book...

MikeyFIN
10-27-2009, 01:49 AM
Cool and not so cool ( on the oil problem ) !!!!!!

Let Mika know ,,he is willing to help ,I bet !!
Good luck with the boat.:USA:

Anyway I can. I love the low hull on the Magnum gives it soo good proportions while running also.
Just defines a powerboat right there.

Buoy
10-27-2009, 01:57 AM
Weīre all related also as childs of Adam and Eve....or so does it say in the big book...

I'd love to get a copy of that book, just to figure out where everything actually came from.
But, I have a feeling that if there were such a book, it would be just as confusing to me. And the accuracy would still be up for debate.
In the big book, well, lets not bring religion into this - other people may be watching, but I have my faith.
Yes, we are all related, just because we have a love for these old resin buckets (no offense to anyone).
Love mine, and I won't let go of her until the day I die. I know it's not considered much in most peoples eyes, but it's what I've always wanted.

Jeppe
10-27-2009, 06:50 PM
I have to agree.

Thank you Buoy!

I fully agree about the 35 Mistress, when I have finished the Mag the next project will definitely be a Mistress. :drool5:

After some diving between the engines it seems the oil problem is coming from the filter. The area is covered in oil and I can only turn the filter a quarter turn and the it is dead stop. I need to get a stronger filter wrench to get it off, the one I have now only slips on the filter. This could indicate a problem with the filter.

This winter all the deck fittings will be taken off and polished or recromed and then the deck will get a well deserved restoration. There are some cracks and she is quite dull in places but nothing that can't be fixed. I will also replace the ugly plastic morse controls with the original Mercontrols and replace the steering wheel, dashboard and gauges. These are all simple things to quickly get her up to shape.

The long term plan is to keep/restore her to as much original state as possible, exept for power, I don't mind 800 hp over the original 560. I also hope we can get her to 80 without replacing the engines.

Jeppe
10-27-2009, 06:54 PM
Not let me not paint devils on your Wall ( heheeehhh) but if the oil pressure suddenly goes way up youīre losing a bearing in worst case.
Hopefully this time itīs something else.
And Jeppe sure has good help closer.
Thereīs a lot of knowable mechanics around Stockholm... and I mean A LOT.
Mange Surely will assist.

But the pressure didn't go way up, it went way down...

DAREDEVIL
10-27-2009, 07:14 PM
[QUOTE=Buoy;352463]I'd love to get a copy of that book, just to figure out where everything actually came from.
But, I have a feeling that if there were such a book, it would be just as confusing to me.

Your species is not listet in that book ,,,,who the hell knows where your from .LOL:sifone:

Buoy
10-28-2009, 01:34 AM
[QUOTE=Buoy;352463]I'd love to get a copy of that book, just to figure out where everything actually came from.
But, I have a feeling that if there were such a book, it would be just as confusing to me.

Your species is not listet in that book ,,,,who the hell knows where your from .LOL:sifone:

Right after I was born, a Co-worker asked my Dad if I was a "cesarean" baby.
He replied "no, he's pa-pollack".:rofl:

Jeppe
11-10-2009, 05:56 PM
After finally getting the filter off and removing the oil cooler sandwich adapter it turned out that the filter holder adapter had cracked. Two new billet adapters have now been ordered and will be installed this week.

By the way does anyone now what brand my sandwich adapter is? I can't find anything on it.

Dude! Sweet!
11-11-2009, 07:10 PM
I'd love to get a copy of that book, just to figure out where everything actually came from.
But, I have a feeling that if there were such a book, it would be just as confusing to me. And the accuracy would still be up for debate.
In the big book, well, lets not bring religion into this - other people may be watching, but I have my faith.
Yes, we are all related, just because we have a love for these old resin buckets (no offense to anyone).
Love mine, and I won't let go of her until the day I die. I know it's not considered much in most peoples eyes, but it's what I've always wanted.

C'mon Tim, you can get a copy of that big book and a case of the crabs in any cheap hotel along the I-10! :sifone:

h2oMag
01-19-2010, 10:25 AM
Found another box of pictures from back in the day, some are a little fuzzy but still cool :willy_nilly: This is from a LSC start around 1977. Magnums, Mirages, Sutphens and even a Maverick. :sifone:

h2oMag
03-29-2010, 10:25 PM
Well I picked up a 24' Donzi Doral thinking it would be a great doner parts boat for the Magnum , worng !!! This Donzi is just to cool to gut, so I now have 3 offshores in restoration. [24' twin engine Cobra, Magnum Sedan, Donzi Doral] :willy_nilly: This Donzi most likley is the only Doral to have raced back in the 70's in the P class. She was called HEAT WAVE P-300 everything is there just needs the engines rebuilt, & a good clean up. Good thing my 29' Mirage dose not need any work done, at least it will be in the water this year.:driving:

Offshore Ginger
03-30-2010, 04:35 PM
So mark what happened to the Suthpen & i thought you were retired ?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

h2oMag
03-30-2010, 06:53 PM
So mark what happened to the Suthpen & i thought you were retired ?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Lee here on SOS has more room than I have :ack2: so he is getting the Sutphen, and I get to store some of my fleet over there. :sifone:

Offshore Ginger
03-30-2010, 08:11 PM
Lee here on SOS has more room than I have :ack2: so he is getting the Sutphen, and I get to store some of my fleet over there. :sifone: Thanks .

mgh
10-22-2010, 01:33 PM
any magnums in michigan for sale?

h2oMag
10-24-2010, 01:20 AM
any magnums in michigan for sale?

As of now I dont know of any for sale, fact is theirs not many left on Lake St Clair. :willy_nilly:

mgh
10-24-2010, 11:05 AM
As of now I dont know of any for sale, fact is theirs not many left on Lake St Clair. :willy_nilly:

alright, keep your eyes open, im in the market for something 27-28' with good power

-mike

HIGH LIFE
10-31-2010, 10:12 PM
mgh, Would a 27' SEDAN w/ SBC & 280T Volvo drives do it ? Michael "HIGH LIFE" cell 781-844-8082 in Ma.

mgh
11-16-2010, 07:53 PM
hey i think i saw the yellow/white magnum on the first page of this post last wednesday...looked sweeeeeeeeeeet