PDA

View Full Version : Summit Racing......A+

inbetween
09-08-2010, 09:46 PM
In the same spirit as Tim's thread:

I placed an order at summitracing.com last night about 10pm, parts $13.90, tax $1.23, shipping and handling $4.95 all totaled 20.08.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_eitpVTvssHg/TIgvig1kATI/AAAAAAAAOb8/VtLt0n5oAMU/s800/IMAG0172.jpg

My order was at my door (UPS delivery) shortly after 5pm today. Granted I only live about an hour away (2hr round trip) from them, but I didn't expect to have my order within 24 hours, maybe tomorrow, but definitely not today. The $4.95 was well worth the time and money saved. (Not to mention the impulse buying that might happen if I actually went to the store!:D) Also received a bunch of other stuff with my order:

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_eitpVTvssHg/TIgvWTkrqWI/AAAAAAAAOb0/CqGECIFgzy8/s800/IMAG0171.jpg

tool catalog, sheet of Summit decals, 4 ticket to the local drag strip for one of their events, ATV parts catalog, etc, etc, and yes, that is a Schick razor in there too!

jwurl
09-09-2010, 08:59 PM
Summit is a great. 2 day delivery to me here in NC each and every time and always get a goody bag with each order. Jeff Wurl

CARRAZZA
11-07-2010, 01:04 AM
...Summit is ALWAYS my first choice...

B.Z.
11-15-2010, 11:04 AM
wow that's good to know I am going to order stuff from them today.....

MILD THUNDER
11-17-2010, 05:15 PM
I love summit. Prices are good, shipping is fast, and the goodie bags are cool. mainly though, i like their website.

MM36SUN
11-18-2010, 11:13 PM
I absolutley love summitt racing. If it wasnt for them, my Nova wouldn't have gotten into the 13's. The summit stickers look great on my living room wall.....GO SUMMIT

whatboat
11-19-2010, 05:59 PM
Summit is great. 1 - 2 day shipping for stuff in stock.

A while ago I ordered a part that their computer said would fit. I didn't.
I had to pay for shipping to return wrong part so they could send the correct one.

I was very surpriced to see my card credited for all of the shipping, price and tax differences the next day.

The shop next to me are huge Jegs fans but I'll stick with Summit.

Edward R. Cozzi
11-20-2010, 10:32 PM
Their customer service guys have never failed to help me dial-in the right cam, carb, intake, etc. combinations. I've even had them scratching their heads sometimes, but they always come through. Jegs isn't bad either, but my loyalties are to Summit.

B.Z.
11-23-2010, 12:17 AM
The stuff is on order and even talked me "out" of stuff said for my application I didn't need the extra's....how is that for service

Nevr2nd
11-23-2010, 02:26 PM
The stuff is on order and even talked me "out" of stuff said for my application I didn't need the extra's....how is that for service

What BZ,??? they talked you out of a F650??? Guess they know, haha.

:seeya:

f_inscreenname
12-28-2010, 03:15 PM
Be careful. Summit used to be my first stop for parts until I bought a oil pump from them(along with everything else for a Mopar 360 rebuild). Oil pump shut down the first hour and wiped out the motor. After 10 years of buying parts from them for more motors then I can remember I called them and after 15 days of back and forth they basically offered a 10% discount coupon for my next purchase (good for 30 days and non combining with other offers). To add insult to injury that same day I got a 15% coupon through email for being such a good customer. WTF.

olredalert
12-29-2010, 05:54 PM
-----While some people may know the names of the Summit owners, they arent advertised. Jegs name is on everything Jegs Automotive touches which I think says something. Im an Ohio boy and do know Jeg senior since 1966, so I may be biased, but when I lived in Ohio I bought from Jeg even though Summit was only 20 minutes away. Both companies have unbelieveable delivery times. Im always amazed by it!!!.......Bill S

whatboat
12-30-2010, 03:01 PM
Summit's web page gave me a part# for vent shades on my F-250.
It was the wrong part. All they would do was refund my $ minus shipping
after I paid for shipping them back !!!! That's a real arse wipe ! :banghead:

So after 10+ yrs and $$$$ to Summit I am jumping ship.

OzSkater
01-01-2011, 01:17 AM
I know of a few people including myself who purchase off Summit here in Australia and absolutely no complaints whatsoever.

Peace of mind when u r so far away and u can buy with confidence.

Shooter
01-01-2011, 11:13 PM
When I order stuff, I usually go with Summit Racing and I order alot of stuff. My last order fom them was 3 weeks ago totaling well over $4000.00 and everything that I orderd was on my porch in 3 days. One item was messed up and I made a phone call and I had a replacement part the next day. I cant complaign about Summit at all as they have been great for me.

Jegs is also good...cant fuss about them either, but Summit has better decals for getting that extra little bit of horsepower...and Summit almost always send me new razors with the decals...cant beat that.