PDA

View Full Version : 2003 p s 6.0 help

imco offshore
09-08-2010, 05:17 PM
I drive a 2003 6.0 excursion ,,I recently broke down in georgia ,,a p s mechanic north of Atlanta ,,
the truck got progressively harder to start ,,the mechanic told me i needed an IPR VALVE ,,,THE one he took out had dirt on the end , and it had a plain round end ,,,the one he put in had a peace sign in the end ,,,WILL IT WORK ??
2ND ,,ATLANTA took out an rectangle screen that was tore up ,,and put in a new one,,and said he needed to replace the high pressure oil pump ,to get it to start ,,,so i said do it so i can go home ,,,he did it , and it still would not start,,so after 2000 dollars ,,i have a dead truck ,,i towed it back to FLA and had my mechanic look at it ,,,he said it was a 6'' high pressure hose under the rt. valve cover ,,thats it,,, please help I don,t know who to trust,??
the first guy wanted the first 2000 cash ,,and another 4500 to get it to run ?? will i be ok with the IPR VALVE HE PUT IN ,??
MY GUY SAID IT WAS ALL HOG WASH ,IT ONLY NEEDS A HOSE,??

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME GEORGE JR.:willy_nilly:

fixxxer22
09-09-2010, 08:51 PM
The hose is what would kill it. the pumps in the 03 and 04.25 are more robust. they can take some abuse. all you have to do is air test or do a visual check under the valve cover. (it takes less than 15 min a side) the peace sign IPR will not work in a vintage style pump. one is piston and one is swash plate. the hose comes off... more like a high pressure line but replace the fitting on the high pressure log and verify with your own eyes that it is leaking at the log. you can crank the engine with the covers off. and then see visual leaks.

imco offshore
09-10-2010, 01:06 PM
thank you very much ,it looks like the guy in Atlanta got me ,,