PDA

View Full Version : The Great Trek North

Magic Medicine
09-07-2010, 02:48 PM
So I get a call from Kool-aid man on Thursday. The conversation goes like thisKoolaid "what are you doing this weekend?" Me nothing really hadn't planned much with the $hitty weather. Kool aid "Are you working Friday?"
Me yes why?? Koolaid "Well you want to take the Formula up to Charlaviox???" Me, Yes let me make a few calls. So I get clearance from the
Tower, and head to the City Thursday night. Koolaid, Cousin Joe and I do dinner and cocktails at Bionda. Friday morning, we run the boat up to Sturgeon bay we cover 213 miles in 4 hours cruising at 50mph. The water was great as we hugged the Wisconsin coast! Brian and I get a slip for the night and start to put up the canvas on the boat, being the canvas was new it took us 2 hours, we looked like a couple schmucks. The scene might have resembled Dan Akroid and John Candy from the movie the great outdoors.

Friday night we met met some locals at a watering hole, ended put partying on a 70' Sunseeker. We actually crashed on the boat and woke up to cocktails at 9:00am. We hit the bars all day Saturday and stayed low key for the evening.

Sunday morning it was off to Charlaviox, trip took us 4 hours covering about 130 miles in 5-8's. Pretty crazy being in big water in the middle of the lake with no land in sight. We arrived in Charlaviox around 1:00 and picked up Uncle Rob's crew and showed them around the Lake. I have to tell you Uncle Rob's place is nothing short of amazing. Words can't desribe how SICK this place is!!! Had a wonderful dinner saturday night. We never quite made it to the hotel rooms we had reserved for us, go figure.

Monday am dazed and confused it was off to town for breakfast, chance of rain in the forcast. We could not find keys to any of the cars besides the Austin Healy. If you don't know what a Healy looks like, picture 2 guys riding around in a sardine can with the top cut off. Now another thing about the Healy is besides being in a convertible with lingering rain showers the car is loud:sifone:. We both though a morning visit form the local POPO would not yeild postive results. After breakfast it was off to the hotel rooms we negelected to use the previous night.

Once shower and ready for the day, we boated with the family. We visited bay harbor and did lunch in harbor springs. Upon arrival in Charlavoix we arranged accomadations for the Formula and it was back to town to pick up the Healy. We cruised the gut in the Healy and we were getting looks stares and howls on every block, it was great!!! Headed back to the house for the final goodbyes. Left Charlaviox via private plane and headed back to midway.

I have to say this was the BEST trip ever!!!! Brian, my dear friend, I can't thank you enough. I had a fabulous time, I will never forget get it. To say it was an epic weekend would be an understatement!!!!!!! Thanks again to you and your family for some unforgetable memories!!:cheers2::cheers2::cheers2:

Andy

MILD THUNDER
09-07-2010, 05:18 PM
The one M'FKN time i have to work, this happens. :banghead:

Really glad you guys had a awesome time, I was worried about you two guys all weekend with the heavy seas. But I guess you two are true mariners!

I saw you called me just now, I'll call you in a bit when i finish puking. Lucky sob.:cheers2:

BTW, just out of curiousity, did they serve peanuts on the flight home in the private jet? And if so, were they honey roasted? Ive always wondered.

Magic Medicine
09-07-2010, 06:02 PM
The one M'FKN time i have to work, this happens. :banghead:

Really glad you guys had a awesome time, I was worried about you two guys all weekend with the heavy seas. But I guess you two are true mariners!

I saw you called me just now, I'll call you in a bit when i finish puking. Lucky sob.:cheers2:

BTW, just out of curiousity, did they serve peanuts on the flight home in the private jet? And if so, were they honey roasted? Ive always wondered.

Snacks and soda's, peanuts were honey roasted!

Kool-Aid Man
09-07-2010, 06:34 PM
Leaving Chicago

Kool-Aid Man
09-07-2010, 06:35 PM
yes that's Andy sleep on the couch

Kool-Aid Man
09-07-2010, 06:38 PM
Some toys along the way.....Thanks again Andy glad you could go...and sorry again Mikey there wasn't enough room!!

Magic Medicine
09-07-2010, 06:43 PM
I tell you these cruisers keep getting more appealing!!! That 70's Seeker takes the cake!!!!!

Blue Oval
09-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Where the heck did you two go? We drank, I ment hung out at the Oyster Bar until about midnight before we headed back down the Lake! Did we piss you off, pass out or just got lost?

Blue Oval
09-07-2010, 07:51 PM
We drank thru all 3 floors and were unable to find you.

B.Z.
09-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Glad you had a great time, and you got more ballz than I that water/weather forcast kept me off the lake and you clowns did 300+miles !!!!!

Magic Medicine
09-07-2010, 08:50 PM
Where the heck did you two go? We drank, I ment hung out at the Oyster Bar until about midnight before we headed back down the Lake! Did we piss you off, pass out or just got lost?

We drank thru all 3 floors and were unable to find you.

We had dinner plans with Koolaid's uncle. It was great meeting all you guys. I plan on coming up alot more often, what a great place!:cheers2:

redhotsommer
09-08-2010, 06:05 AM
For the record, had I gone, my report would have had fewer grammatical errors. ;)

Glad you guys had fun...even more glad the weather worked out for you! You should have seen the waves in South Haven...there were guys out surfing.

Magic Medicine
09-08-2010, 07:42 AM
For the record, had I gone, my report would have had fewer grammatical errors. ;)

Glad you guys had fun...even more glad the weather worked out for you! You should have seen the waves in South Haven...there were guys out surfing.

I was thinking you'd be better at writing the story than I would but hey we all can't be peddle biking authors. So of us are beer drinking mens men!;):D

Kool-Aid Man
09-08-2010, 10:22 AM

Sorry about that...we had what turned out to be a big dinner party at the house followed by a great many number of cocktails around the bonfire after...which by the way I really don't remember leaving the bonfire but somehow woke up on the couch in the house....LOL

Regardless I still have to bring the trailer for the boat in the next few weeks so maybe we can meet up then....

Magic Medicine
09-08-2010, 10:27 AM
Sorry about that...we had what turned out to be a big dinner party at the house followed by a great many number of cocktails around the bonfire after...which by the way I really don't remember leaving the bonfire but somehow woke up on the couch in the house....LOL

Regardless I still have to bring the trailer for the boat in the next few weeks so maybe we can meet up then....

I have a truck willing to travel north!!!:USA::cheers2::D

Blue Oval
09-08-2010, 02:47 PM
It even more fun when the wind is not blowing 20mph and it's 80 degrees!

redhotsommer
09-08-2010, 03:08 PM

Like it will be at Boyne Thunder 2011, right Bob?

You clowns better be up for that next summer!

Magic Medicine
09-08-2010, 04:35 PM

I don't even care about the poker run. I would like to go up and see somemore of the sights and do some exploring!!!

Candyman
09-09-2010, 12:49 AM
I tell you these cruisers keep getting more appealing!!! That 70's Seeker takes the cake!!!!!

Are you sure!!! :sifone: I think the plane ride would do it for me. SWEET!!!! No wonder you didn't want any Drunk Dials this weekend.

Blue Oval
09-09-2010, 09:03 AM

YES it WILL!!!!:party:

Blue Oval
09-09-2010, 09:03 AM
And yes they better get here!

Ratickle
09-09-2010, 12:49 PM
What a cool trip. I'm impressed....:drool5:

And jealous......:smash: