PDA

View Full Version : Livorsi start Switch problems

Donskihp
09-05-2010, 10:56 AM
I have a new ( this year) Livorsi single engine keyless starter switch. I installed it in eary spring, it worked 1 time. Livorsi replaced it with a new one under warrenty. Until now its worked all summer. This morning I went out to the pier to fire her up and nothing. I checked for 12 volt power which I have. Its the unit gone bad again! glad I didn't make it out into the Ches. Bay! Does anyone have one of these units? If so any problems? Am I the only one or are these units just unreliable?

Donskihp
09-07-2010, 10:35 PM
Come on now, don't tell me me I'm the only one out here with one. Livorsi said to mail it back to them to check out, heres a pix of it.

teamsynergy
09-08-2010, 07:13 AM
Seems to complicated for me... lol... I have never seen one before...

Lakeside
09-08-2010, 03:55 PM
I have seen other brands in some ski boats. I was never to pumped up over them as I viewed it as I thought it may only make for more problems if you forgot the code or in an emergency situation compared to a key.. Also regardless of that, most applications can be easily jump started/hot wired much faster than one may think on a marine/boat application.. ;)

However as far as problems with them, none here, or heard of on my end as of yet.. :) Jamie / Lakeside

Donskihp
07-04-2011, 07:46 PM
Here we go again! Livorsi replaced my switch under warrenty last fall. Today it craped out, good thing I wired a hidden manual switch in for back up. I'd go back to a manual dash key switch if I hadn't cut a big hole for this keyless switch. Sport Boat mag has an article on Jerry Gilbreaths (Gil Marine) new wooden boat which has a keyless ign. switch in it. Anyone know anything about this or how I can get in touch with Jerry?

Donskihp
07-10-2011, 05:44 PM
Talked to Livorsi 7/5/11 and they said they would send out a new one to me and also a return label at no charge. Also said the maker has made some upgrade improvements. I'm happy!

Ratickle
07-10-2011, 07:51 PM
Talked to Livorsi 7/5/11 and they said they would send out a new one to me and also a return label at no charge. Also said the maker has made some upgrade improvements. I'm happy!

Nice to hear of great companies....