PDA

View Full Version : ITS transom assy. Hyd Hose routing HELP

LittleDcsRodShop
08-17-2010, 11:18 PM
I'm in the midst of re rigging my boat now & long story short its a total re-rig & I am using a Single XR with the ITS transom assembly.. I'm ready to start running hooking up the 4 hyd. lines from the Helm to the "junction block" or "valve" on the Inside of the boat (Not the small hoses outside under the "extension box" cover) I will also ofcourse be hooking up the power steering pump & cooler as well...

Anyways I'm not very familiar with hydraulic steering setups and I'm not to stubborn to ask for help..

I would love for somebody to be able to draw me a routing map of all the hoses, shoot me some pictures , or even scan a page or 2 of a manual, ect..ect.. I just need some help !!!

Also can I run a filter, or is it necessary ?? I have a nice Marine Machine one already so I don't mind rigging it up as well..

Thanks in advance , Scott

LittleDcsRodShop
08-18-2010, 12:36 AM
So I believe I just figured a good bit of it out from some photos I found..:)

Anyways this drive was paired up with another just like it on a twin set up.. I will be running a single... If you look at the picture attached The 2 top rt hand side hoses were hooked to the other drive (best way for me to explain is like a "jumper") My question is would these 2 ports that went to the other drive just plug off in a single application ??

Also I'm still curious on the filter deal ?? Should I, or could I run it ?? Also ifso where does it need to plumb in at ??

I figured out the 2 upper lt hand (open) ports are for the p.s. pump & I would take it the cooler routed between..(?).

Not sure If I mentioned but I am using a different helm than I used in the (4-ram) twin setup.. Using the existing helm from a 2 ram #5 setup..