PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the GA area good with blueprinting hulls

johnlomant
11-30-2008, 09:54 AM
I have a Nordic Thor Cat with a few rockers in the hull would like to find someone in the GA area that can help me resolve this and Blueprint the rear 3 feet of the hull. I will drive for someone good out of state.

open72
12-14-2008, 02:14 PM
call nick , goes by ultimate cat on another board , he is down on the west coast of florida
813-417-6424

Offshore Ginger
12-14-2008, 02:33 PM
Just curious have you taken a straight edge to the bottom of the boat ? I have to say that if you have a hook it should be a concern for the pure fact you will scrap some speed and if it is a rocker i would let it be . I also would like to say that when i worked at Skater and did most of the bottoms on the 46 's adding a new pad and blueprinting of hulls on fountains which we built at one time , a rocker was acceptable .

THEJOKER
12-14-2008, 02:43 PM
We can help you but it'll be a couple of months.

Steve 1
12-14-2008, 06:51 PM
Be careful I have seen boats slow down after the bottom was straightened! There is a lot to consider one being; HOW bad is the hook?

Offshore Ginger
12-14-2008, 07:49 PM
Be careful I have seen boats slow down after the bottom was straightened! There is a lot to consider one being; HOW bad is the hook? Steve whats up and how are you ? Steve in his first post he stated that he had a rocker but...................... like i asked earlier on a previous post , and the question being is , has he even put a straight edge to the bottem of the hull yet .:)

Steve 1
12-14-2008, 09:45 PM
Hi Ginger myself I have seen 6 mph increases and then unhappy faces when the net increase was an expensive zero. I was looking for the same info also but explaining why is all.

Offshore Ginger
12-15-2008, 12:18 AM
Steve to my friends it is Artie and might i say we most likely are two old farts who are in the wrong business and most likely could have made a lot more money doing something else if it wasn't for the love of the sport , boats , ext ext . Take care my friend and nice to meet you . G G /AKA / OFFSHORE GINGER /Artie:seeya:

Steve 1
12-15-2008, 07:49 AM
Steve to my friends it is Artie and might i say we most likely are two old farts who are in the wrong business and most likely could have made a lot more money doing something else if it wasn't for the love of the sport , boats , ext ext . Take care my friend and nice to meet you . G G /AKA / OFFSHORE GINGER /Artie:seeya:

Amen it is a love for the boats and Best Regards.

Audiofn
12-16-2008, 10:22 AM
Be careful I have seen boats slow down after the bottom was straightened! There is a lot to consider one being; HOW bad is the hook?

I have heard this more then once. Land and Sea up in NH took the hook out of a hydrostream that was put in there from the factory and the boat was undrivable after that and ran slower. You really have to do your research on something like this.

BradH
01-08-2009, 02:11 AM
Eddie Guardado
http://www.guardadomarine.com/

Sydwayz
01-08-2009, 10:28 AM
I know of a guy in Houston that does excellent work. I can obtain his name/number if you want to go that far.