PDA

View Full Version : 2005 GMC Serria Dash peeling

sweet addiction
08-09-2010, 09:35 PM
So there was a little bubble in the middle of the dash, not bad. So I had it detailed on Friday and they put some rag on top of the dash to protect something and it mad it bubble like crazy. These are two different spots. It was so big and bubbly I just started to peel it up. So what I want to know is, what do you think I can spray on the dash to get the whole thing to peel? I am just going to take it out and paint it, but I need to get the dye off.

publius
08-10-2010, 12:52 PM
Pic?

sweet addiction
08-10-2010, 11:00 PM
Let me work on it tomorrow.

sweet addiction
08-11-2010, 06:47 PM
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x129/TeamSlider_photos/Dash.jpg

sweet addiction
08-11-2010, 06:48 PM
So I don't know why when I take pics from my iphone it emails them sideways.

OneBadInjun
08-30-2010, 02:33 PM
Not many Chevrolet product owners are aware of this, but GM's paint is warrantied for 5 years. Don't think this can apply to the dash, but...good to know. Had a 4 year old black Chevrolet car I owned painted under warranty, by the dealer. Did'nt cost a dime. As I said, most are not aware of this.

sweet addiction
08-30-2010, 10:47 PM
I had a 99' model that did some weird stuff on the dash. So I am not suprised that it did this. I am thinking I might just buy one of those smooth ready to paint dashes, paint it and install it, I know it would not peel, but my truck is really not a custom truck. I have not done anything yet, I keep looking at it and it drives me crazy. I did stop and look at a new crew cab and man I want a new truck back but now is not the time.

Sydwayz
08-31-2010, 09:52 AM
You can find a new dash on eBay.

Also, they sell a molded cover for the dash which is a shortcut for used car dealers for cars with cracked dashes. It's also available on eBay.

sweet addiction
08-31-2010, 10:27 PM
Thanks. I will check it out.

You can find a new dash on eBay.

Also, they sell a molded cover for the dash which is a shortcut for used car dealers for cars with cracked dashes. It's also available on eBay.