PDA

View Full Version : Thank you.

redhotsommer
08-09-2010, 07:08 AM
HUGE thanks to everyone that turned up and turned out for the Straight Jacket Run. 35 boats gathered off Portage and made the Run for Michigan City under sunny skies and 1-2 foot chop. Of course, things didn't go EXACTLY as planned...retrospect finds me laughing at myself for thinking a bunch of adrenaline-junkies would cruise at 55-60...and the proposed raftup never happened as we were somewhat trumped by barge location and a couple other boats parked where we were told to go (in addition to the rather untimely check the local Conservation Police decided to perform on my boat as I was looking for a spot for everyone).

Will post pics later and would encourage everyone else to do so...I know there were a TON of cameras out there.

Magic Medicine
08-09-2010, 08:12 AM
Thanks for putting the run together. It was awesome!!!!!!!!

B.Z.
08-09-2010, 08:40 AM
My head still hurts...I had a blast

Magic Medicine
08-09-2010, 08:44 AM
My head still hurts...I had a blast

:iamwithstupid:

eightsecmopar
08-09-2010, 08:50 AM
Thanks for the invite, had a great time! Got to meet a few of you guys. Hope to run with you guys some more.

Thanks, Clyde

Magic Medicine
08-09-2010, 09:00 AM
A special thanks to Mr. Sommer for helping me get my boat on the trailer yesterday.

SC288
08-09-2010, 09:07 AM
Angie and I had a blast all weekend....thanks for putting the run together Mike. :cheers2:

MrCig
08-09-2010, 09:18 AM
Had a great time it was an awesome run.

I had Smilin Bob on my boat and he was snapin pictures the whole run.

I am sure he will be posting them later.

Thanks

Mark:cheers2:

Warlock28SXT
08-09-2010, 09:30 AM
Thanks Mike for putting the run together, I had a great time as well. It was good to see you guys again and meet a few more. Jason

MILD THUNDER
08-09-2010, 10:44 AM
Yes, a great weekend for sure. Got to meet lots of new people, and the run was alot of fun. Glad i was able to have Brian Miller SR. onboard, i think he really enjoyed it. Awesome turnout, everyones boats looked great...

Tall Mike, you are a class act.

OBNOXUS
08-09-2010, 11:02 AM
At the docks

OBNOXUS
08-09-2010, 11:05 AM
:)

OBNOXUS
08-09-2010, 11:08 AM
First one is of everyone heading out......I (Mrs. OB) stayed back and went to the lighthouse.....it was the coolest thing looking out and seeing all of you guys running back! :)

OBNOXUS
08-09-2010, 11:11 AM

SC288
08-09-2010, 11:16 AM

Thanks for the pics.!!!

OBNOXUS
08-09-2010, 11:18 AM

Magic Medicine
08-09-2010, 11:31 AM
Nice pics!!!

redhotsommer
08-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Sweet! Thanks Cheryl!!!

MILD THUNDER
08-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Anyone know who was in the airplane saturday morning taking flying above on the way to portage? I am guessing Lee Hogan? it was so cool him flying right above us!

obsessed1
08-09-2010, 01:07 PM
Anyone know who was in the airplane saturday morning taking flying above on the way to portage? I am guessing Lee Hogan? it was so cool him flying right above us!

It was Lee, I was looking at the pictures he sent me this morning. There is one of your boat. I would post but I dont know how. I can send them to someone if they want to post them.

420NytroBoy69
08-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Cover shot of the 2011 Fountain brochure!! Looking good Joe:cheers2:

jmill36
08-09-2010, 01:16 PM
I wanted to thank all you guys for the great show.
It was an awesome addition to the event and I'm so happy you all did it.
I'm really mad I didn't get to hang with more of you but I certainly earned my title as race coordinator this weekend. Holy cow was I busy.
Mike and Magic, great to meet you and thanks again.
Sorry about the raftup snafu. That barge was supposed to be out by Friday at the latest. As I sit here, it's still in the creek.
Anyway ... thanks a million guys,
j.

MILD THUNDER
08-09-2010, 01:17 PM

Nothing like a cigarette in rough water. Nothing like a Fountain in any water. :USA:

Magic Medicine
08-09-2010, 01:22 PM
I wanted to thank all you guys for the great show.
It was an awesome addition to the event and I'm so happy you all did it.
I'm really mad I didn't get to hang with more of you but I certainly earned my title as race coordinator this weekend. Holy cow was I busy.
Mike and Magic, great to meet you and thanks again.
Sorry about the raftup snafu. That barge was supposed to be out by Friday at the latest. As I sit here, it's still in the creek.
Anyway ... thanks a million guys,
j.

What a great event, thanks for your hard work. This is awesome to have in my backyard, makes one provide of the area you live in. Can't wait for next year:driving::driving::cheers2::cheers2:

Magic Medicine
08-09-2010, 01:22 PM

PIMP of the Nation!!!!!:USA::USA:

redhotsommer
08-09-2010, 01:28 PM

I am personally SHOCKED that it took this long for that pic to get posted. Freakin awesome.

Jason...enjoyed the HELL out of that weekend, you did a great job.

Magic Medicine
08-09-2010, 01:32 PM
I am personally SHOCKED that it took this long for that pic to get posted. Freakin awesome.

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::USA:

MILD THUNDER
08-09-2010, 01:34 PM
Wish we had a camera on board for our Old school Run to MC from hammond on friday. It was awesome to run with some of the old school boats. We had

38 Fountain Fever
38 Cigarette Flatdeck "Tag and Release"
38 Cigarette Flatdeck "Fox Hunter"
38 Cigarette Flatdeck "Mr. Cig"
41 Apache "Bad Medicine"
357 Formula "Double Trouble"

Awesome running with them guys, and a FANTASTIC way to start the weekend. Keith and I said we want to be just like mark "Mr. Cig" and Jimmy "Fox Hunter" when we grow up. They are some classy gents. :cheers2:

MILD THUNDER
08-09-2010, 01:40 PM

Wish someone had a camera on us yesterday. Runnin thru 5+ft swells, with my members only Fountain Jacket on, and my co-pilot Keith, sporting his vintage silver Formula offshore jacket, which has a old SR1 crushing a wave embroidered into the back of it.

I had a cash offer for the vintage jackets on saturday, but had to turn it down. Sorry, but they are keepers. :)

Magic Medicine
08-09-2010, 02:03 PM
Wish we had a camera on board for our Old school Run to MC from hammond on friday. It was awesome to run with some of the old school boats. We had

38 Fountain Fever
38 Cigarette Flatdeck "Tag and Release"
38 Cigarette Flatdeck "Fox Hunter"
38 Cigarette Flatdeck "Mr. Cig"
41 Apache "Bad Medicine"
357 Formula "Double Trouble"

Awesome running with them guys, and a FANTASTIC way to start the weekend. Keith and I said we want to be just like mark "Mr. Cig" and Jimmy "Fox Hunter" when we grow up. They are some classy gents. :cheers2:

Absolutely. I thought of a new nickname for Jimmy, "The Dancing Machine". Man that cat can DO WORK!!!!

redhotsommer
08-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Absolutely. I thought of a new nickname for Jimmy, "The Dancing Machine". Man that cat can DO WORK!!!!

That is not a "new" thing for Jimmy. :bump:

MILD THUNDER
08-09-2010, 02:09 PM
Jimmy does it all! And always with a smile on his face!

B.Z.
08-09-2010, 02:27 PM

I like the beer in his hand .. the guy dosen't drink that much beer.....LOL

Twin Whackas
08-09-2010, 03:34 PM
There was some serious dancing going on at Mateys this weekend.
Not sure if my legs are sore from dancing or the ass beating I took in my boat this weekend. :ack2: All I kept saying to myself all weekend was "must get bigger boat, must get bigger boat".

Twin Whackas
08-09-2010, 03:38 PM
It would be awesome to see some ariel shots if someone can get them and
e-mail them out or post them on here. If you get time, send them to mstroud@namasco.com

It was Lee, I was looking at the pictures he sent me this morning. There is one of your boat. I would post but I dont know how. I can send them to someone if they want to post them.

obsessed1
08-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Pictures sent. I know there is one of your boat also. Let me know if they didnt go through.

specialk
08-09-2010, 06:45 PM
There was some serious dancing going on at Mateys this weekend.
Not sure if my legs are sore from dancing or the ass beating I took in my boat this weekend. :ack2: All I kept saying to myself all weekend was "must get bigger boat, must get bigger boat".

your boat looked awesome going thru the water. it looked like it was on rails. Eaton photos should have some nice shots of it.

eightsecmopar
08-09-2010, 06:47 PM
A few pics

eightsecmopar
08-09-2010, 06:51 PM
More pics

scarrab30
08-09-2010, 11:59 PM
Thanks to all; a lot of you made an extra effort to be there and participate. Brian would have loved to be in the thick of it. He always loved a good romp in the water; of course it didn't always involve a boat (lotto 2008). I can't help but think he was looking down saying "what the hell is this all about? I'm just a guy who lived in box on the south side of the ghetto"; but all the while he'd be tickled to death that so many people came together to have a good time and enjoy their boats. Mike ya did a heck of a good job. Thanks to everyone that helped me out last week -- Joe, Mike, Ryan, Mark, Dennis,Tony.

Candyman
08-10-2010, 04:40 AM
Just checked my email and found Lee's pictures. Looks like you guys had a great weekend.

Candyman
08-10-2010, 04:42 AM
:sifone:

Candyman
08-10-2010, 04:46 AM
More!:sifone:

Candyman
08-10-2010, 05:06 AM
First one is of everyone heading out......I (Mrs. OB) stayed back and went to the lighthouse.....it was the coolest thing looking out and seeing all of you guys running back! :)

Great pictures!!!! Thanks for posting them.

Magic Medicine
08-10-2010, 07:52 AM
Dan,

Those air shots look great!!!!!

redhotsommer
08-10-2010, 11:45 AM
Link to Smilin' Bob's pics:

http://public.fotki.com/SmilingBob/

MILD THUNDER
08-10-2010, 12:13 PM
Pics just keep getting better and better!

MILD THUNDER
08-10-2010, 12:20 PM
Now this is a fun crew!

Candyman
08-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Now this is a fun crew!

Where's the checker board???:sifone:

Hammer01
08-10-2010, 01:09 PM
Now this is a fun crew!

I sent this to Big J and he resonded, "has anyone had less than 20 drinks in that pic?" Of course I responded the boats were tucked away in their slips so why stop at 20?????? Great time gang. Great job Hippie Kid and Michelle and the rest of the behind the scenes!!!! What a fabulous group to hang with all weekend!!!! Weather was super and I will be posting some of the pics I have from Friday's run from Hammond to Mich City!!!! Some good ones!!! Little rough to keep the camera focused but I do believe I have some good pics of Spagetti Joe's props!!!!! Thanks again to Ryan and letting me participate in the murder scene in his engine compartment, Wow!!! What did we total, 20 quarts of bloodshed!!! Talked to Dave today, will have some bandaids to temporarily get us thru the summer!!! Thanks again and look forward to a Hammond party soon, great pepe's!!!!! Hammer

MILD THUNDER
08-10-2010, 01:20 PM
Heres a bandaid suggestion, take the blower belts off and lots of silicone and duct tape. Rig up the bilge blower with some duct tape to the valve cover breathers act as a vacuum pump to keep crankcase psi down. Put some "engine restore" oil treatment in and enjoy.

Fridays run was a blast. Had to come back for my buddies to make sure you boys were ok. Real troopers in that flatdeck!!!!

MILD THUNDER
08-10-2010, 01:24 PM
Where's the checker board???:sifone:

Im not gonna lie Dan. This question was asked on Friday night I believe. It was one of those "I thought you brought it" "no i thought you were bringing it"

All i know, is its a good thing we didnt bring it. Because we would have been playing for pink slips, and i woulda been towing a 38 Flatdeck home behind the Fountain all the way back to hammond. :cheers2:

Hammer01
08-10-2010, 01:59 PM
Im not gonna lie Dan. This question was asked on Friday night I believe. It was one of those "I thought you brought it" "no i thought you were bringing it"

All i know, is its a good thing we didnt bring it. Because we would have been playing for pink slips, and i woulda been towing a 38 Flatdeck home behind the Fountain all the way back to hammond. :cheers2:

I can only say that it took every thing Rhino had not to slam the throttles in order to stay out of the blowers!!!! We had a blast though and it was amazing hearing all the motors fire up when it was time to leave the docks on Saturday. Another buddy of mine up for the weekend said it was absolutely sick how much hardware was truly there and to see how everyone always had each others back when they needed repairs, broke down on the water, etc. Good times!!!!

MILD THUNDER
08-10-2010, 02:02 PM
I can only say that it took every thing Rhino had not to slam the throttles in order to stay out of the blowers!!!! We had a blast though and it was amazing hearing all the motors fire up when it was time to leave the docks on Saturday. Another buddy of mine up for the weekend said it was absolutely sick how much hardware was truly there and to see how everyone always had each others back when they needed repairs, broke down on the water, etc. Good times!!!!

Thats just how we roll....

Wheres them pics from friday?? :)

Tristar Racing
08-10-2010, 03:12 PM
I havent been on this site in a while, so I was unaware this run was taking place. Sorry about the 31' Sea Ray that almost was in the way during the run, we saw the line of boats coming our way and headed straight for open water trying to get out of the way.

Hopefully it didnt mess anyone up, I will say though seeing the line of boats heading our way was awesome! (and a bit nerve racking)

Hammer01
08-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Thats just how we roll....

Wheres them pics from friday?? :)

Just like your next drink that night, it's coming bro!!!!!!!! Have several of the jackets too, make sure you focus on the PBR our Formula boy was chugging in the one pic and the Cig 1 glass you were inhaling that did not survive the trip!!!!! Both were classic!!!! Pics as soon as I get home to download from camera!!!! BTW, what town are the Colts from Spag Joe????? hahahahahaha

Magic Medicine
08-10-2010, 04:01 PM
Just like your next drink that night, it's coming bro!!!!!!!! Have several of the jackets too, make sure you focus on the PBR our Formula boy was chugging in the one pic and the Cig 1 glass you were inhaling that did not survive the trip!!!!! Both were classic!!!! Pics as soon as I get home to download from camera!!!! BTW, what town are the Colts from Spag Joe????? hahahahahaha

Baltimore?????:leaving:

Magic Medicine
08-10-2010, 04:02 PM
I havent been on this site in a while, so I was unaware this run was taking place. Sorry about the 31' Sea Ray that almost was in the way during the run, we saw the line of boats coming our way and headed straight for open water trying to get out of the way.

Hopefully it didnt mess anyone up, I will say though seeing the line of boats heading our way was awesome! (and a bit nerve racking)

No worries, hopefully you didn't have to clean out your shorts too much:bump:

Hammer01
08-10-2010, 05:16 PM
Baltimore?????:leaving:

That's good!!!! Funny as though, Spag Joe responded wrong guy, no clue what town they are even from and don't care!!!!! Great stuff!!!!

teamsynergy
08-10-2010, 05:33 PM
Heres some more pics... good to meet some more of the chitown crew... you guys are hard core... freaking blast chillin with you at the dock...

Todd

ICDEDPPL
08-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Sweet pics..

Hey look its a 4000lbs paper weight:ack2::)

http://images40.fotki.com/v775/photos/6/1234466/8965747/Boating1008070183-vi.jpg

Payton
08-10-2010, 06:49 PM
Those are great pics!!
Smileing Bob has some very cool ones.

Candyman, does Lee have them anywhere on a website?

MrCig
08-10-2010, 07:08 PM
Great Job on the Pics everyone. Keith Kasch took a bunch of pics from Fox Hunter as people went by. We'll have to get him to post a few

Mark:cheers2:

Candyman
08-10-2010, 10:49 PM
Those are great pics!!
Smileing Bob has some very cool ones.

Candyman, does Lee have them anywhere on a website?

No he doesn't. If you are looking for pictures use the contact info on the picture.

Hammer01
08-11-2010, 01:02 PM
No he doesn't. If you are looking for pictures use the contact info on the picture.

Here are a few pics from Friday, everyone got pretty spread out so didn't get as many good ones but a few!!! Awesome classic boats, privilige to be there guys!!!! T-Dockers are a classy crew and a blast to hang out with!!! Thanks again!!! Slightly partial to the good looking rigs in the first pic, hahahahaha!!!!Hammer

Hammer01
08-11-2010, 01:15 PM
Here are a few pics from Friday, everyone got pretty spread out so didn't get as many good ones but a few!!! Awesome classic boats, privilige to be there guys!!!! T-Dockers are a classy crew and a blast to hang out with!!! Thanks again!!! Slightly partial to the good looking rigs in the first pic, hahahahaha!!!!Hammer

Few More!!!

MILD THUNDER
08-11-2010, 02:36 PM
Cool pics hammer. Looks like Fountain water to me :0

Exhilaration
08-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Just finding some free time now!!! What a great weekend!!

Exhilaration
08-12-2010, 10:47 PM
More

Roger 1
08-13-2010, 10:19 AM
Here are a few pictures that I took....

Roger 1
08-13-2010, 10:21 AM
.....and a few more.

Roger 1
08-13-2010, 10:25 AM
More.

Roger 1
08-13-2010, 10:27 AM
More

Roger 1
08-13-2010, 10:28 AM
That's all.....:cheers2:

redhotsommer
08-13-2010, 10:36 AM
Cool shot of me getting checked by the Conservation pig!

Magic Medicine
08-13-2010, 10:50 AM
Nice shots!!!! Thanks Roger!

MILD THUNDER
08-13-2010, 11:01 AM

Good thing he didnt find your stash. :sifone:

Magic Medicine
08-13-2010, 11:04 AM
Good thing he didnt find your stash. :sifone:

:cheers2::cheers2::eek::sifone::sifone::sifone:

Magic Medicine
08-13-2010, 04:38 PM
Thanks to all; a lot of you made an extra effort to be there and participate. Brian would have loved to be in the thick of it. He always loved a good romp in the water; of course it didn't always involve a boat (lotto 2008). I can't help but think he was looking down saying "what the hell is this all about? I'm just a guy who lived in box on the south side of the ghetto"; but all the while he'd be tickled to death that so many people came together to have a good time and enjoy their boats. Mike ya did a heck of a good job. Thanks to everyone that helped me out last week -- Joe, Mike, Ryan, Mark, Dennis,Tony.

Brought a tear to my eye. RIP Brian Miller JR!!! You are missed

Roger 1
08-15-2010, 12:51 PM

Thanks Mike. I started taking pictures when I saw you displaying your "people skills". You never know how these things are going to turn out. I would have been upset if you would have gotten "tazed" but not nearly upset as I would have been had I failed to get a picture of you twitching at the end of the electrodes! LOL:cheers2:

Magic Medicine
08-17-2010, 07:49 AM
Thanks Mike. I started taking pictures when I saw you displaying your "people skills". You never know how these things are going to turn out. I would have been upset if you would have gotten "tazed" but not nearly upset as I would have been had I failed to get a picture of you twitching at the end of the electrodes! LOL:cheers2:

:rofl::rofl:

teamsynergy
08-17-2010, 07:59 AM
.....and a few more.

By the looks of the first pic... it seems the water pig has his ski up against the hull of Mikes boat... that would have been his first mistake...

Magic Medicine
08-17-2010, 09:06 AM
By the looks of the first pic... it seems the water pig has his ski up against the hull of Mikes boat... that would have been his first mistake...

What does he care, he love to be out there harassing the people that pay his salary:cuss::cuss: