PDA

View Full Version : Poker Run on Saturday the 7th?

JETJOCK
08-05-2010, 10:58 AM
Talk around Clear Lake and Kemah about a run starting at Turttle Club around 1300 on the 7th?

Anyone in the know? My Flight Attendants seem to know all about it --and several are invited to ride in a MTI (must be nice to be a chick)

BIKINI CONTEST same day....

Anyone in the know?

I have been trying to join TOPPS with no answer form them???

htrdlncn
08-05-2010, 12:22 PM
Im working thru the 11th so I cant go but here is what I know about the next two from down in your neck of the woods:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you're in the Clear Lake / Houston area, swing on by the BOAT Club Horizon Trailers Poker Run Party on Saturday, August 7th. Everyone is invited.

The awards party will be held at Ken Armstrong’s house on Dickinson Bayou starting at 1:30 pm. Anyone going by boat should meet at the Turtle Club before noon to go as a group. The party is BYOB but there will be plenty of BBQ and all the trimmings cooked by Dirty Bird Cookers aka Ray and Jay Jessup, frozen drink machine with Bushwackers and Rum Runners, and DJ Larry Trump playing music. In addition, we will be conducting the 2nd annual BOAT Club wet T-shirt contest with a $1,000 price money. The contest is open to anyone who wants to enter so be there and sign up at the party.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our friends at The Emerald Coast Foundation and Florida Powerboat Club are co-hosting their 18th Annual Emerald Coast Poker Run on August 14th, 2010. There have been questions raised about the oil spill in the gulf and the effect on boats running through the oil. Well, the Emerald Coast Poker Run offers an inland waterway course and there will be no oil anywhere near the boats. So if you're feeling the need to stretch your sea legs in open bay waters, head on over and join in on the fun.

The festivities will begin on Wednesday, August 11th and continue through Sunday. Also, just announced: A FREE Lynyrd Skynyrd beach concert will take place Sunday night at the Boardwalk!!

The Florida Powerboat Club will be handling all registrations for this run, and they are trying to get the pre-registration numbers up to avoid being swamped with last minute registrations. This is a great way to avoid the lines when you arive. They love the Texas gang and want us all there. You can register online by going to their website, at:
http://www.flpowerboat.com/event_reg/index.html?event=2
or by calling the FPC office, at 954-545-1414.

The Emerald Coast Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that raises money to help local youth organizations. Organizations like the Boys and Girls Club, The Eleanor J. Johnson Youth Center, YMCA and The Special Operations Warrior Foundation depend heavily on the funds raised during the Emerald Coast Poker Run. To find out more about The Emerald Coast Foundation, their 18th Annual Poker Run, and how you can help, visit them at: www.emeraldcoastfoundation.org.

JETJOCK
08-05-2010, 03:20 PM
Awesome! Just the info I needed.......:}

:cheers2:

visual contact
08-06-2010, 07:43 AM
Topps club has been slow this year. I will be emerald coast all next week,but when get I get back I will email you and get together for beer and I will bring some membership forms.

JETJOCK
08-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Topps club has been slow this year. I will be emerald coast all next week,but when get I get back I will email you and get together for beer and I will bring some membership forms.

Cool!

No hurry to join another club....but I am running the snot out of my Scarab since I moved here!

Let me know....when you can "Visual Contact"

Sqawking 1200 until then...

gerritm
08-20-2010, 11:59 AM
There will be a good poker run Saturday Sept 11. CLPBS is having theirs. It's fun and not too expensive.

JETJOCK
09-06-2010, 08:34 PM
Still running around Clear Lake.....

TOPPS is dead or what?

txriverrat2001
09-07-2010, 08:17 AM
Have you run up the San Jac river yet?? We have a couple of pretty good places to hang out - but you need to know where you're going once north of I-10 - If you need a hand let me know - I'll meet ya down there and give you the nickel tour....

We were thinking of running to Lake Charles - but may have a buyer on the NorTech - so we'll see once this deal is done or dead.....

JETJOCK
09-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Never done the river....sounds nice!

I did the Red Fish Island run....saw a few old school Go Fast boats but nothing new....

What about the run this weekend?

JETJOCK
09-07-2010, 09:49 PM
There will be a good poker run Saturday Sept 11. CLPBS is having theirs. It's fun and not too expensive.

Any links?

I will plan on being there.....cooped all week with this rainy weather!

txriverrat2001
09-08-2010, 08:33 AM
http://www.clpbs.com/

Not going to make this one... got a Skater calling my name this weekend ... preppin for new motors

visual contact
09-10-2010, 07:17 AM
Jetrock, Have not been able get with you and run the boat. Been out off town last several weeks. This weekend and next is all screw up also. Will be settling down soon before Key West.
Here is email address
visualcontact@earthlink.net