PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Shoot Out

Tony M
07-26-2010, 08:35 AM
I'm In for 1 run :driving: , will be at the Tan-Tar-A on the 26th should be there by 3pm , street show by the bridge for all boats that are running Thursday 6pm to 8:30pm . more info as I get them. :cheers2:

Tony M
07-26-2010, 09:41 AM
Log on to captian ron's shoot out for Schedule, 1st time for R.C. shoot out Aug 25th.

saratoga stampede
07-26-2010, 03:21 PM
Do not miss the Street Party at the Dam this year, on Wednesday night of the LOTO shootout,,,

Tony M
08-19-2010, 09:15 AM
OK ! Who is going Who is staying , I'm in and will be down there Thursday Early Evening on or before 4 pm

redhotsommer
08-19-2010, 09:36 AM
Talked to Pops yesterday...no insurance, no prop adapters, no test time...no Python. We'll be staying home. :(

LAriverratt
08-19-2010, 11:50 AM
never been..but will be there this year:cheers2:

Ratickle
08-19-2010, 12:56 PM
Talked to Pops yesterday...no insurance, no prop adapters, no test time...no Python. We'll be staying home. :(

That's too bad.......:(

teamsynergy
08-19-2010, 02:26 PM
We'll be there... staying at some condo around mm 12...

Tony M
08-19-2010, 03:50 PM
Talked to Pops yesterday...no insurance, no prop adapters, no test time...no Python. We'll be staying home. :( To The Sprit of the Time , Place & People , sure be Fun having the Boys & Girls down there for a win in more than 1 conner. :driving: :toetap05:.

redhotsommer
08-19-2010, 03:57 PM
To The Sprit of the Time , Place & People , sure be Fun having the Boys & Girls down there for a win in more than 1 conner. :driving: :toetap05:.

Uhhhh.....what?

OBNOXUS
08-19-2010, 09:42 PM
To The Sprit of the Time , Place & People , sure be Fun having the Boys & Girls down there for a win in more than 1 conner. :driving: :toetap05:.

huh,,,,,????? :willy_nilly:

Boatfreak
08-19-2010, 10:19 PM

What they said.:confused:

We will be there for the first time on Thursday afternoon and staying till Monday. I'm fired up.:sifone:

Revd Up
08-19-2010, 11:49 PM
I think he's saying he would like his boys down there when he wins. :driving:

Tony M
08-20-2010, 08:24 AM
I think he's saying he would like his boys down there when he wins. :driving: Don't Matter any way any given day anything can and will happen . :USA:.

Magic Medicine
08-20-2010, 09:04 AM
Don't Matter any way any given day anything can and will happen . :USA:.

You ain't got the stones to run that thing hard old man. You need me to run it for ya:driving::leaving::sifone::seeya:

Magic Medicine
08-20-2010, 09:06 AM
What they said.:confused:

We will be there for the first time on Thursday afternoon and staying till Monday. I'm fired up.:sifone:

Have fun down there bro, watch for the water pigs and keep people off the engine hatch while underway:)

Tony M
08-20-2010, 05:37 PM
You ain't got the stones to run that thing hard old man. You need me to run it for ya:driving::leaving::sifone::seeya: Have Enough Balls to take off of Work To run that HARD! Jr. :cheers2: :driving:.

Bun Buster
08-20-2010, 09:04 PM
I will be down also staying close to Dog Days, Anybody doing any of the runs on Friday?

Tony M
08-23-2010, 07:47 AM
Check the weather for Osage Beach - Thursday 80*sunny/Friday85*Sunny/Saturday 87* bright sun / Sunday 87* chance of rain early am.

Magic Medicine
08-23-2010, 07:57 AM
Have Enough Balls to take off of Work To run that HARD! Jr. :cheers2: :driving:.

O trust me I do, you get your wheel yet????

Tony M
08-23-2010, 08:06 AM
O trust me I do, you get your wheel yet???? To Be Made! :mad: :banghead:.

Magic Medicine
08-23-2010, 08:20 AM
To Be Made! :mad: :banghead:.

Rut row!!!!

Freezeframevideo
08-23-2010, 07:58 PM
Freeze Frame Is on On The Way Tonite we will shoot the event make photos all week photos will be posted every nite sootout and skaterfest jeff

http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll434/FreezeFrameVideo/2010cocoabeach/47.jpg

SC288
08-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Freeze Frame Is on On The Way Tonite we will shoot the event make photos all week photos will be posted every nite sootout and skaterfest jeff

http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll434/FreezeFrameVideo/2010cocoabeach/47.jpg

Awesome...thanks for the coverage!

teamsynergy
08-24-2010, 07:29 AM
We're out... thanks to a damn cam lobe... but... nows the time to add more power muhahahahaha...

Magic Medicine
08-24-2010, 07:40 AM
We're out... thanks to a damn cam lobe... but... nows the time to add more power muhahahahaha...

Sorry to hear that Todd. More power is a good thing!!!!:driving:

SC288
08-24-2010, 08:35 AM

Are you out for Hardy as well? We've got some minor repairs to make on ole Twin Whacka's as well before then.

Magic Medicine
08-24-2010, 10:59 AM
Are you out for Hardy as well? We've got some minor repairs to make on ole Twin Whacka's as well before then.

I would imagine not as he rounded off and came lobe. Both engines are coming out for a refresh, and some goodies.

Ratickle
08-24-2010, 11:24 AM

That sucks.....

redhotsommer
08-24-2010, 12:01 PM

Bummer dude! Didn't you say you were hearing something odd at Michigan City?

MILD THUNDER
08-25-2010, 12:58 AM

Flat tappet cams need oil with lots of ZDDP. Like valvoline VR-1 racing, or Kendall racing "titanium". Extended idling kills them too, so a occasional shift into nuetral and throttling up with throw some oil on the cam lobes to keep them lubed...

Sorry to hear about your troubles...

teamsynergy
08-25-2010, 07:38 AM
Yeah... I think we're done for at least a couple months. Pulling the hurt motor tomorrow and going to yank the heads to be freshened up by Jim Valeko. From there, start the tear down to get the cam out. ECM is getting sent out for re-flash and ording a customer grind hyd roller setup. Screw this flat tappet bull$hit! As far as oil goes, I was running the valvoline VR-1 20w50, it the only thing I have ever run in the boat however during the fun run, I did hear an occasional ticking noise coming from the port motor right where that lifter that ate the cam was at.... oh well. What are you gonna do?? Been doing some extended research on oils and thinking of switching over to Brad Penn oil... any thoughts?

After the hurt motor is complete, I will pull the other motor out and perform the same surgery...

MILD THUNDER
08-25-2010, 07:44 AM
Yeah... I think we're done for at least a couple months. Pulling the hurt motor tomorrow and going to yank the heads to be freshened up by Jim Valeko. From there, start the tear down to get the cam out. ECM is getting sent out for re-flash and ording a customer grind hyd roller setup. Screw this flat tappet bull$hit! As far as oil goes, I was running the valvoline VR-1 20w50, it the only thing I have ever run in the boat however during the fun run, I did hear an occasional ticking noise coming from the port motor right where that lifter that ate the cam was at.... oh well. What are you gonna do?? Been doing some extended research on oils and thinking of switching over to Brad Penn oil... any thoughts?

After the hurt motor is complete, I will pull the other motor out and perform the same surgery...

Brad Penn is some good stuff. Ive always used VR-1, but have switched to Kendall Titanium, but i do have roller cams. Wise choice going to Jimmy Valako for head work.

The custom roller sounds like a great upgrade for you. Its free HP just going to the roller, plus a more aggressive profile should wake things up. Might want to look into studding the rods, mains, and heads, some good head gaskets, and up the boost a bit too!

teamsynergy
08-25-2010, 07:50 AM
Head gaskets are going to cometic and I think I am going bump the boost to 7psi. With the new ecm program, I am told that the engines will safely run it. From there, I am leaving them alone. The have low hours on them so I am not going to re-ring or bearing them unless I see evidence of major wear or damage. We are mid 90's now, I can only hope that this will push us to the 100 mark lol

MILD THUNDER
08-25-2010, 07:55 AM
Sounds like a good deal! with the right tune the added boost should not be an issue at all...I still like head studs though.

teamsynergy
08-25-2010, 07:57 AM
Yeah, at first, I was going to leave it as stock as I could and I still might do that as far as the boost goes. Just want them to be reliable and turn key. I'm just glad this didn't happen mid summer or I would really pissed as I scrambled around trying rush through getting it fixed. Thanks for the ideas Joe!

Magic Medicine
08-25-2010, 08:10 AM

I am a distributor for Amsoil and I can sell it too you pretty cheap, food for thought. Drop shipped directly to your house or shop, synethetic drive oil to bout!

teamsynergy
08-25-2010, 08:16 AM
Yeah, I am a dealer as well, however, I just burn it in my sled and thats it. Good Point though... maybe I shoudl look into that...hmmmm

Magic Medicine
08-25-2010, 08:44 AM
Yeah, I am a dealer as well, however, I just burn it in my sled and thats it. Good Point though... maybe I shoudl look into that...hmmmm

20w50 dominator comes to mind. Teague had into in the formulation of the one of the 20w50 oils, formulation for marine environment. They make sleds
that still burn oil?????????????

teamsynergy
08-25-2010, 08:48 AM
The only sleds that matter... MINE.... screw the apex bull $hit! LOL

BTW, I still like knowing that when my battery dies that I can still pull start mine, can you do that with yours?

Thanks for the info, I'll run the formula info and see what I get.

Magic Medicine
08-25-2010, 09:46 AM
The only sleds that matter... MINE.... screw the apex bull $hit! LOL

BTW, I still like knowing that when my battery dies that I can still pull start mine, can you do that with yours?

Thanks for the info, I'll run the formula info and see what I get.

nope, but the battery won't die or I can jump it from another sled. I can tell you my sled has NEVER left me in the woods!!! Can you run 8K miles on the orginal engine. I figure that the motor would be ready for its second or third rebuild by then.

teamsynergy
08-25-2010, 09:58 AM
8K...HELL NO! I barely got 2400 till I lost the crank but then again its either wide open or off with me on the trails so cant blame it on the motor lol. I would entertain the idea on a 4 stroker but then again... I love the oil/fuel mix all to much to give it up... screw the EPA!

redhotsommer
08-25-2010, 11:02 AM
Todd...looks like you are NOW going to have to put up with us in the winter as well. I just went 4-stroke...can't wait to run it!

teamsynergy
08-25-2010, 11:11 AM
Tell me you at least went ski doo and not the yamalog crap...lol

whatcha runnin?

redhotsommer
08-25-2010, 12:59 PM
Wife is on a Yami - it's what Queen's ride. ;) I got this last April and it has .3 miles on it:

teamsynergy
08-25-2010, 01:08 PM
Yeah baby.... I assume its the 1200, not the baby 600 ace? You'll love it. I rode one last year in the UP for a week... very nice. Then I came home and had to replace the crank in my 08 800r XP. I wanted to ****can the 800 but I cant bring myself to get rid of the 2 strokes yet.... maybe in a few more years but not yet!

redhotsommer
08-25-2010, 01:22 PM
I rode Twin Whackas 1200 and liked it, then rode another buddy's this winter and liked it more. My XP800 was the bomb-diggity...LOVED the sled and it gave me no problems at all...but I wanted the reliability of the 4-stroke, and since I already had one (wife's RS Vector), I'd get another.

Oh yeah...its still August...the thread is about the Shootout...and we're talkin' sleds! Hahaha!

Twin Lakes for the Christmas-New Year week, anyone? Phil the f'n jerk is in!

Magic Medicine
08-25-2010, 02:10 PM
8K...HELL NO! I barely got 2400 till I lost the crank but then again its either wide open or off with me on the trails so cant blame it on the motor lol. I would entertain the idea on a 4 stroker but then again... I love the oil/fuel mix all to much to give it up... screw the EPA!

My point extactly, I got 9k in mine and its spends the majority of the time riding bar to bar with the flipper mashed down. Sounds like if I jumped back on a mustard bucket I would be on my 3rd sled:rolleyes:

Magic Medicine
08-25-2010, 02:11 PM
Tell me you at least went ski doo and not the yamalog crap...lol

whatcha runnin?

Wife is on a Yami - it's what Queen's ride. ;) I got this last April and it has .3 miles on it:

Michele has all the class in the family. GO BLUE:cheers2:

Love ya Tall Mike!!!!:USA::bump::eek:

Magic Medicine
08-25-2010, 02:12 PM
I rode Twin Whackas 1200 and liked it, then rode another buddy's this winter and liked it more. My XP800 was the bomb-diggity...LOVED the sled and it gave me no problems at all...but I wanted the reliability of the 4-stroke, and since I already had one (wife's RS Vector), I'd get another.

Oh yeah...its still August...the thread is about the Shootout...and we're talkin' sleds! Hahaha!

Twin Lakes for the Christmas-New Year week, anyone? Phil the f'n jerk is in!

F that guy phil, tell him stay home and send the misses!!!!

I really like the 1200's just not fast enough outa the box for me:cool:

teamsynergy
08-25-2010, 05:00 PM
My point extactly, I got 9k in mine and its spends the majority of the time riding bar to bar with the flipper mashed down. Sounds like if I jumped back on a mustard bucket I would be on my 3rd sled:rolleyes:

So when you say flipper... you mean brake lever? All kiddin' aside Skidoo has hopefully got their $hit together on these new 800etecs. There were/are known crank problems on the 800r's especially if you ride'm hard and fast....

MILD THUNDER
08-25-2010, 05:37 PM
You can always have the best of both worlds and buy a polaris. A two stroke that lasts like a 4 stroke and a superb suspension. Of course that would mean you would have to buy american. Not some pansy a$$ french canadian crap (skippy doo) or the japs revenge for the A-Bomb (yamaha).

Pretty soon skidoos biggest sled out will be the size of a mini z and weigh as much as a paper airplane. All the doo riders will just keep complaining that their pansy a$$es cant manuever the sled cuz its too heavy. I hear skidoo is gonna start making a snow trail version of a segway.

As for yamaha, sure their reliable. But so is andy's john deere lawn tractor, although the handling and suspension award would have to go to the lawn tractor.

Arctic cat is sweet, but its time their customers hang up the lime green and black leather jackets and lose the mullets.

ZING! Now this is coming from a guy who rides in the rear of the pack, and prefers sitting in a hottub sipping goose while in the U.P. and no longer even owns a sled...lol Just stirring the pot for you guys!!

Kool-Aid Man
08-25-2010, 05:48 PM

Yours spent some time as well swimming with the fishes as well!!!! LOL

Kool-Aid Man
08-25-2010, 05:50 PM
So when you say flipper... you mean brake lever? All kiddin' aside Skidoo has hopefully got their $hit together on these new 800etecs. There were/are known crank problems on the 800r's especially if you ride'm hard and fast....

thats the flipper he's talking about!!

MILD THUNDER
08-25-2010, 05:53 PM

That sled smells like a Bluegill going down the trail! :biggrinjester:

teamsynergy
08-25-2010, 08:22 PM
I was going to say asian carp but whatever floats your boat lol...

Magic Medicine
08-25-2010, 08:23 PM

That sled smells like a Bluegill going down the trail! :biggrinjester:

Don't need brake with the engine braking. Yep she likes to
swim! But after a night in the lake and 8k miles of me riding no one has ever waited for me when riding, unless I was on a beer or smoke break

teamsynergy
08-25-2010, 08:25 PM
Don't need brake with the engine braking. Yep she likes to
swim! But after a night in the lake and 8k miles of me riding no one has ever waited for me when riding, unless I was on a beer or smoke break

Looking forward to putting my skillz to the test to see if I can "hang" with you boyz this winter....

Magic Medicine
08-25-2010, 08:26 PM
How bout crusing the gut of ishpming in da beagle. Good ti
es

You can always have the best of both worlds and buy a polaris. A two stroke that lasts like a 4 stroke and a superb suspension. Of course that would mean you would have to buy american. Not some pansy a$$ french canadian crap (skippy doo) or the japs revenge for the A-Bomb (yamaha).

Pretty soon skidoos biggest sled out will be the size of a mini z and weigh as much as a paper airplane. All the doo riders will just keep complaining that their pansy a$$es cant manuever the sled cuz its too heavy. I hear skidoo is gonna start making a snow trail version of a segway.

As for yamaha, sure their reliable. But so is andy's john deere lawn tractor, although the handling and suspension award would have to go to the lawn tractor.

Arctic cat is sweet, but its time their customers hang up the lime green and black leather jackets and lose the mullets.

ZING! Now this is coming from a guy who rides in the rear of the pack, and prefers sitting in a hottub sipping goose while in the U.P. and no longer even owns a sled...lol Just stirring the pot for you guys!!

Magic Medicine
08-25-2010, 08:28 PM
Looking forward to putting my skillz to the test to see if I can "hang" with you boyz this winter....

You won like riding with me I do my best riding on a bar stool. Im too old for all this high mileage stuff!!!!

teamsynergy
08-25-2010, 08:40 PM
No $hit on the old... I surprised you can still hop in and out on the boat still. Damn son...

OBNOXUS
08-25-2010, 10:06 PM

OUCH !!!!

What did I ever do you you !!!!????? :sifone:

Twin Whackas
08-25-2010, 10:21 PM
I like to buy and ride them all.:hurray:

MILD THUNDER
08-26-2010, 06:52 AM
OUCH !!!!

Thats some funny $hit. :eek:

Magic Medicine
08-26-2010, 08:12 AM
OUCH !!!!

:sifone::sifone:

Magic Medicine
08-26-2010, 08:12 AM
No $hit on the old... I surprised you can still hop in and out on the boat still. Damn son...

Sometime I need help doing that:sifone:

teamsynergy
08-26-2010, 08:25 AM
Yeah... I can see that...lol

so you heading to hardy or what?

SC288
08-26-2010, 08:29 AM

I am Wednesday night after Labor Day. :cheers2:

Magic Medicine
08-26-2010, 08:59 AM

probably not, y are you going. I don't tent camp, If someone had a camper I would entertain the idea??????

teamsynergy
08-26-2010, 09:22 AM
Not me... tents are too much of a pain in the a$$. Besides, have my kid that weekend... oh, and no mills in the boat lol

Magic Medicine
08-26-2010, 09:42 AM
Not me... tents are too much of a pain in the a$$. Besides, have my kid that weekend... oh, and no mills in the boat lol

we could take my boat, but then theres the kid and tent thing???????

teamsynergy
08-26-2010, 10:05 AM
Yeah.. I'm out for sure... need to focus on gettin my tug back on the water prior to the snow flyin'

Magic Medicine
08-26-2010, 10:26 AM
Yeah.. I'm out for sure... need to focus on gettin my tug back on the water prior to the snow flyin'

Gotcha!!!!!

WETTE VETTE
08-26-2010, 11:53 PM
we could take my boat, but then theres the kid and tent thing???????

Ole HTMike told me you were in! He's looking forward to some good ole' Polish sense of humor!:biggrinjester:

Magic Medicine
08-27-2010, 07:40 AM
Ole HTMike told me you were in! He's looking forward to some good ole' Polish sense of humor!:biggrinjester:

I have been giving it some serious thought but this kid won't see in no stickin
tent:seeya:

redhotsommer
08-27-2010, 07:42 AM
What the heck is wrong with a tent? And why can't ya sleep in the boat?

Magic Medicine
08-27-2010, 08:10 AM
What the heck is wrong with a tent? And why can't ya sleep in the boat?

call me and I'll explain. Tents $uck!!!!

redhotsommer
08-27-2010, 08:31 AM
The good people at The North Face would disagree, my fine Polish friend.

Magic Medicine
08-27-2010, 08:43 AM
The good people at The North Face would disagree, my fine Polish friend.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Tony M
08-27-2010, 10:27 AM
call me and I'll explain. Tents $uck!!!! His Tent Pole Is always Half Bent In The Morring . :biggrinjester:.

Magic Medicine
08-27-2010, 10:52 AM
His Tent Pole Is always Half Bent In The Morring . :biggrinjester:.

:boxing_smiley:

teamsynergy
08-27-2010, 11:07 AM
:_boobies:
:boxing_smiley:

Exhilaration
09-02-2010, 08:24 AM
Have a couple cocktails, we'll spill a little oil and fuel, you'll think your in the boat!

SVL 4-Watch Your Back
09-02-2010, 09:39 AM

Great machine,,,,,,Consider bringing it to the Snowy Range ( Wyoming) for a Poker Run we host every year in Jan ( Martin Luther King Weekend)
www.saratogaresortandspa.com
Last year we had over 150 riders ,,,,,,,
at 32 degrees water turns to freedom,,, we will be riding our sleds in about 10 weeks,,,,,

redhotsommer
09-02-2010, 10:53 AM
Great machine,,,,,,Consider bringing it to the Snowy Range ( Wyoming) for a Poker Run we host every year in Jan ( Martin Luther King Weekend)
at 32 degrees water turns to freedom,,, we will be riding our sleds in about 10 weeks,,,,,

Too heavy, too short and narrow of a track. However...I DO want to ride out west someday...

Magic Medicine
09-02-2010, 11:43 AM

Too heavy, too short and narrow of a track. However...I DO want to ride out west someday...

That looks like alot of fun,but I have to agree our machines are better suited for the flat lands!!!