PDA

View Full Version : IMPOSTER FONTANE

MILD THUNDER
07-19-2010, 03:05 PM
After recieving numerous texts, emails, and phone calls, there is a 38 Fontaine IDENTICAL to mine running around. Same paint, faring, etc. I actually ran passed him on the way to the playpen two saturdays ago. I dont know the guy, but he obviously has good taste in boats :)

So dont be offended if this boat goes by and is oblivious to you! Might be time to add some loud stickers to mine.

If you dont see the big cleavers out back, or hear duran duran playin, it prob aint me your lookin for...:cheers2:

redhotsommer
07-19-2010, 03:14 PM
Damn! Now we BOTH have imposters! The "other" red Fountain (10 meter with gold graphics) was out on Saturday. That thing hauls the mail! Twin Whackas said he could only pull away from him in the upper 90 mph range...

Hammer01
07-19-2010, 03:18 PM
After recieving numerous texts, emails, and phone calls, there is a 38 Fontaine IDENTICAL to mine running around. Same paint, faring, etc. I actually ran passed him on the way to the playpen two saturdays ago. I dont know the guy, but he obviously has good taste in boats :)

So dont be offended if this boat goes by and is oblivious to you! Might be time to add some loud stickers to mine.

If you dont see the big cleavers out back, or hear duran duran playin, it prob aint me your lookin for...:cheers2:

Actually waved at them in the pen Saturday with very little response. Of course they prob know I'm not very nice so prob deserved it. Btw, who took that great pic of the 3 stooges!!!!??????

MILD THUNDER
07-19-2010, 03:22 PM
Damn! Now we BOTH have imposters! The "other" red Fountain (10 meter with gold graphics) was out on Saturday. That thing hauls the mail! Twin Whackas said he could only pull away from him in the upper 90 mph range...

Damn!!! I saw that guy launchin at EC a few sundays ago. It sounded healthy.

IM feeling like Roger right now....

fPS02EFgdfE

MILD THUNDER
07-19-2010, 03:27 PM
Actually waved at them in the pen Saturday with very little response. Of course they prob know I'm not very nice so prob deserved it. Btw, who took that great pic of the 3 stooges!!!!??????

Really.......can you blame the guy? Im your buddy and i go the other way when i see ya...:eek:

Now that was a good lookin crew on my boat that night :cheers2:

Twin Whackas
07-19-2010, 03:42 PM
That other red fountain definately hauls ass. He had a pretty good run on us and it took me quite a while to run him down. For a second I didn't think I was going to catch up to him. I would guess it is probably a 90mph boat.
Mike you should throw a pair of those motors in Redhot Sommer and your Fontane would be SICK!:eek:

420NytroBoy69
07-19-2010, 06:23 PM
Just think of all the texts and calls the other guy is getting.
"Hey dude your boat sounds badass when did you get some big shows?"
"I saw you out on the lake today jamming some wild boys"
"Bro I saw you running the fountain thru 3s eating hot dogs and throttling like Saccenti"

I bet the imposter doesn't have the Mild Thunder glow!!!!

ICDEDPPL
07-19-2010, 08:35 PM
Lat week he limped in with one motor/ drive out and the other not sounding that good either.
Guess it got fixed up quick

Magic Medicine
07-20-2010, 08:25 AM
Just think of all the texts and calls the other guy is getting.
"Hey dude your boat sounds badass when did you get some big shows?"
"I saw you out on the lake today jamming some wild boys"
"Bro I saw you running the fountain thru 3s eating hot dogs and throttling like Saccenti"

I bet the imposter doesn't have the Mild Thunder glow!!!!

:iagree:

10x
07-20-2010, 11:54 AM
Mike and Joe, too bad about all the imposers, but, like I always say, often imitated, but rarely duplicated. They just wanna be like you guys LOL :leaving:

Only had the Fountain out once this summer, last sat. The port blower was making a slight screeching noise, so I did'nt go to far. Pulled the thing off and took it to Gary Dyers yesterday, says it might have a case bearing going bad. I replaced the snoot bearings on friday, and thought I had an easy fix, :rolleyes: LOL Oh well, 10 years on em and I guess they're wore out.

Seen Andy, Trent, and Baja John in the pen on sunday. Had a terrible headache all day and did'nt feel much like talkin to anyone. Sorry if I was unsociable, just felt like **** all day, not usually like me. Guess it's old age creeping up on me. LOL See all you guys on the pond real soon.

BTW, does anybody ever go on OSO anymore ??? I usually check it once a week, and sometimes it's weeks before there's a new post. I usually only go to the uncensored section to check on R/H Bill. LOL :rolleyes: First time I've been on here in quite a while.

MILD THUNDER
07-20-2010, 12:06 PM
Mike and Joe, too bad about all the imposers, but, like I always say, often imitated, but rarely duplicated. They just wanna be like you guys LOL :leaving:

Only had the Fountain out once this summer, last sat. The port blower was making a slight screeching noise, so I did'nt go to far. Pulled the thing off and took it to Gary Dyers yesterday, says it might have a case bearing going bad. I replaced the snoot bearings on friday, and thought I had an easy fix, :rolleyes: LOL Oh well, 10 years on em and I guess they're wore out.

Seen Andy, Trent, and Baja John in the pen on sunday. Had a terrible headache all day and did'nt feel much like talkin to anyone. Sorry if I was unsociable, just felt like **** all day, not usually like me. Guess it's old age creeping up on me. LOL See all you guys on the pond real soon.

BTW, does anybody ever go on OSO anymore ??? I usually check it once a week, and sometimes it's weeks before there's a new post. I usually only go to the uncensored section to check on R/H Bill. LOL :rolleyes: First time I've been on here in quite a while.

Hey Frank, sorry to hear about your troubles. I know your blowers are alot bigger than mine, but i replaced the rear bearings in mine last season. They were standard 6204 style radial shaft bearings, with corresponding seals. I think it cost me about 25 bucks per blower in parts and gaskets. I was getting fuel in the rear cover. Due to bad seals. So far no more fuel. I got the blower gaskets from the blower shop, super cheap and fast shipping.

But cant go wrong with dyers, and there are so close to home! As for posting here, we are all one here posting nonsense daily! Good luck getting yours going.

10x
07-20-2010, 12:13 PM
Joe, not any big trouble, but lately it's trouble just fueling the boat, cleaning it, and hooking it up to the truck. LMAO Guess I'm getting burned out of the whole boating thing. Starting to like going to the drag strip again alot better, just a different kind of scenery.

MILD THUNDER
07-20-2010, 12:38 PM
Joe, not any big trouble, but lately it's trouble just fueling the boat, cleaning it, and hooking it up to the truck. LMAO Guess I'm getting burned out of the whole boating thing. Starting to like going to the drag strip again alot better, just a different kind of scenery.

I have had that feeling in my gut many times. I often think to myself "this is alot of F'n work just to go for a boat ride." This past weekend i went to our lake house on shafer lake. Our house is on the water, and our pontoon sits on a shorestation. Let me tell ya, it was real nice to just lower the boat, turn the key, and spend the day on the water not worrying about what part is going to grenede next.

Maybe you need to come on down and spend a couple days just sitting on the hook at the beach with us. im really enjoying the whole laid back scene at the beaches.

10x
07-20-2010, 01:02 PM
I have had that feeling in my gut many times. I often think to myself "this is alot of F'n work just to go for a boat ride."
Maybe you need to come on down and spend a couple days just sitting on the hook at the beach with us. im really enjoying the whole laid back scene at the beaches.

I think I've had a better time sitting or standing in the back of someone elses boat, and just listening to the engines roar. Before, I could'nt wait till the weekend to get into our boat and run the snot out of it, but lately, Lois does'nt care to go real fast anymore, she just likes cruising around at 70-80, and when I start to get into it, she yells to slow down. So, I have more fun just sitting in the back of someone elses hot rod and just chillin. Besides, then I can have a few cocktails too.

The only thing I like about being in our own boat, is that you can do whatever you want, come and go whenever you want, and when you want to go in, you go.

Magic Medicine
07-20-2010, 01:03 PM

Frank,

It was great seeing you Sunday!!!! Sorry to hear you were feeling bad, I think that feeling bad thing came to most of us Sunday am:cheers2:. Hope to see you guys out there again!:driving:

MILD THUNDER
07-20-2010, 01:21 PM
I think I've had a better time sitting or standing in the back of someone elses boat, and just listening to the engines roar. Before, I could'nt wait till the weekend to get into our boat and run the snot out of it, but lately, Lois does'nt care to go real fast anymore, she just likes cruising around at 70-80, and when I start to get into it, she yells to slow down. So, I have more fun just sitting in the back of someone elses hot rod and just chillin. Besides, then I can have a few cocktails too.

The only thing I like about being in our own boat, is that you can do whatever you want, come and go whenever you want, and when you want to go in, you go.

With that being said, you guys are more than welcome to tag along anytime with me. Cocktails are my specialty.

Although if i see another bottle of that "Tuscan Lemonade" i am gonna punt it off the dock. That stuff gives you a mad dog 20/20 hangover....:mad:

Magic Medicine
07-20-2010, 01:32 PM
With that being said, you guys are more than welcome to tag along anytime with me. Cocktails are my specialty.

Although if i see another bottle of that "Tuscan Lemonade" i am gonna punt it off the dock. That stuff gives you a mad dog 20/20 hangover....:mad:

:eek::eek: I think I am going to stick to beer form now on. Although I always find myself say that at one point on the weekend, Monday or Tuesday:cuss::ack2::ack2:

redhotsommer
07-20-2010, 01:41 PM
I don't know Andy...it WAS beer that put you out on Friday night and resulted in the following conversation:

Me- Hey, buddy-boy, you've got to get IN your cabin...you can't just sleep sprawled on your back on the sunpad like this.

You - I'ma be fine.

Me- No, dude, let's just get you in the cabin.

You - Who's boat am I on?

Me- You are on your own boat dude.

You - Awesome. That means I don't have to walk.

You - Help me set up my fan.

Me - You can't do it, there's no 110 out here to plug into.

You - Yeah, but can you help me set up my fan?

Michelle - Hahahahahahahaha!

fever 38
07-20-2010, 03:32 PM
there is a few of us out there :eek:

Magic Medicine
07-20-2010, 04:09 PM
I don't know Andy...it WAS beer that put you out on Friday night and resulted in the following conversation:

Me- Hey, buddy-boy, you've got to get IN your cabin...you can't just sleep sprawled on your back on the sunpad like this.

You - I'ma be fine.

Well Me Eddie polished off 2 plus cases on beer in a couple hours in the Pen. Pretty sure I switched to booze and shots at the yacht club, but who's counting.:cheers2:

MILD THUNDER
07-20-2010, 09:50 PM
there is a few of us out there :eek:

Now thats a good looking boat :cheers2:

MILD THUNDER
07-20-2010, 09:53 PM

You - I'ma be fine.

So did you help him set the fan up or not? :confused:

redhotsommer
07-20-2010, 10:09 PM
No I did not. I DID get a couple good pics of him on the sunpad, though.

Candyman
07-20-2010, 11:45 PM
Well Me Eddie polished off 2 plus cases on beer in a couple hours in the Pen. Pretty sure I switched to booze and shots at the yacht club, but who's counting.:cheers2:

I think that was Saturday night:cheers2: