PDA

View Full Version : hey obnoxus or magic medacine

paulb32
07-16-2010, 11:05 PM
Hey
Are you guys going out tomorrow-sat? How about a new couple tagging along? We met you a month ago-i have the 98 36 ol purple. We are kidless sat and looking to play for the day. We'll be out sun too but at boaters with kid and another family.

Tony M
07-17-2010, 08:33 AM
Hey
Are you guys going out tomorrow-sat? How about a new couple tagging along? We met you a month ago-i have the 98 36 ol purple. We are kidless sat and looking to play for the day. We'll be out sun too but at boaters with kid and another family. Can You Pick Em !:driving: :sifone:

Twin Whackas
07-17-2010, 10:03 AM
Everyone is heading down to Wells Street Beach. It is between Boaters beach (Portage) and Hammond. There should be a big group of performance boats there, so shouldn't be hard to find us.

Mike

OBNOXUS
07-18-2010, 09:28 PM
Sorry !!!!

I took off Fri for her Bday and we were on the boat all weekend.

Looked good running though !!

redhotsommer
07-18-2010, 10:07 PM
Good meeting you Paul! Got your number on the answering machine...we'll be out of the action for the next couple weekends, but you should try to jump on to the group for the Chicago Scene party in two weeks...

paulb32
07-18-2010, 11:23 PM
sorry Harley did not make Hammond Sat night nor out Sunday. Waited til 10:30 AM and still radar showed probable rain. So we put the big boat away and got our ski boat out on Il river for a few hours. I learned never to trust the radar again. Would have had kids out though and don't like to chance that.
Obnoxus - most of the time we were talking with the crowd you were snoozin
Redhotsommer -we'll catch ya again soon-great talkin with ya
BZ - I'll bring an extra hat for you to borrow next time. Harley kept askin for ya Sunday ...
Cig38Flatdeck-have any luck changing your single status?
Twin wakkas- just missed ya we wee pullin in when you were leaving. Thanks for the response above!

All -great meeting you all and we'll see you next outings. Thanks for lettin Lisa, Harley & I hang for the afternoon.

OBNOXUS
07-19-2010, 08:22 AM
I was overserved !!!!

MILD THUNDER
07-19-2010, 09:14 AM
I was overserved !!!!

Sounds like a good weekend?

redhotsommer
07-19-2010, 09:30 AM
The weather was pretty much perfect. We missed ya Joe...although I was playing your 80s CD at the dock Saturday afternoon when we got back.

Yesterday Den and I ran out to Boaters, dropped anchor, were there for about 10 minutes, saw the clouds building, checked the radar, saw we were going to get nailled, pulled anchor, and ran like hell to Michigan City. Pulled into Bridges and got the covers on just in time for it to start dripping...then it POURED for about 10 minutes, temps dropped about 15 degrees, wind was blowing hard...1/2 hour later it was beautiful again.

On the way back, as we idled out of MC, my port side gas gauge was reading just under 1/2, my starboard was reading just under 1/4. I crossed my fingers and hoped that the port side one was the more accurate! By the time we got to Portage, my stbd was on EMPTY and not even bouncing! Port still read just about 1/4, bouncing down to empty. I just pointed it towards Hammond and prayed. Made it, then filled the tanks when we left the marina...I had about 15-20 gallons left per side...so now I know my port side gauge is the more accurate.

MILD THUNDER
07-19-2010, 09:44 AM
The weather was pretty much perfect. We missed ya Joe...although I was playing your 80s CD at the dock Saturday afternoon when we got back.

Yesterday Den and I ran out to Boaters, dropped anchor, were there for about 10 minutes, saw the clouds building, checked the radar, saw we were going to get nailled, pulled anchor, and ran like hell to Michigan City. Pulled into Bridges and got the covers on just in time for it to start dripping...then it POURED for about 10 minutes, temps dropped about 15 degrees, wind was blowing hard...1/2 hour later it was beautiful again.

On the way back, as we idled out of MC, my port side gas gauge was reading just under 1/2, my starboard was reading just under 1/4. I crossed my fingers and hoped that the port side one was the more accurate! By the time we got to Portage, my stbd was on EMPTY and not even bouncing! Port still read just about 1/4, bouncing down to empty. I just pointed it towards Hammond and prayed. Made it, then filled the tanks when we left the marina...I had about 15-20 gallons left per side...so now I know my port side gauge is the more accurate.

I was thinking about you guys yesterday. We were on the way home from shafer lake, and stopped in merriville for a starbucks. All of a sudden it got black, and rained BUCKETS for about 10-15 minutes. Also windy as hell. Looked at the radar and was like "ewwww". Good choice on scurrying to MC.

Glad to see you were rockin my CD. I gotta make a new one though. The boat US unlimited towing feature is nice to have for those situations where you run out of fuel!

OBNOXUS
07-19-2010, 01:26 PM
Heck,,,,could have made it back to the beach with all that gas left !!!!!

Magic Medicine
07-20-2010, 08:26 AM
Heck,,,,could have made it back to the beach with all that gas left !!!!!

Bro you run yours so low on gas, youd hate my 110 gallon tank