PDA

View Full Version : Fountain or Cig Water?

MILD THUNDER
07-13-2010, 11:20 PM
Who can tell these days....But there was a certain Flatdeck Cig tryin to pass me thru some slop on the way back to hammond saturday night with no luck...

Now I know where he can stick those "Cig water" stickers.......:boxing_smiley:

420NytroBoy69
07-13-2010, 11:57 PM
That sure was a nice looking flatdeck running back with us! He he had some badass race hatches on it. I wonder who built them? Maybe he had an ignition issue.:cheers2:

OBNOXUS
07-14-2010, 12:10 AM
Maybe he had an ignition issue.:cheers2:

OUCH !!!!!!!!

MILD THUNDER
07-14-2010, 12:10 AM
That sure was a nice looking flatdeck running back with us! He he had some badass race hatches on it. I wonder who built them? Maybe he had an ignition issue.:cheers2:

Igntion issue? Like what, having the rev limiters set at 3500? :boobflash:

420NytroBoy69
07-14-2010, 12:42 AM
It was too dark to take a video of the run but this is close to the action on the fountain. Joe was doing some major Saccenti throttling!!!:driving:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0cZPj_LPQ8

redhotsommer
07-14-2010, 05:57 AM
Keith has gone from "I've never ridden in a cool boat before" to full-tilt boat whore in one year! Awesome! :) Must be that we have been a bad influence or something...

Magic Medicine
07-14-2010, 06:25 AM
Keith has gone from "I've never ridden in a cool boat before" to full-tilt boat whore in one year! Awesome! :) Must be that we have been a bad influence or something...

Ah yes he has been on the fastest boat on lake Michigan:sifone::cheers2:. He had a great teacher!

Magic Medicine
07-14-2010, 06:54 AM
I was impressed with a certain 42' beaker that I was behind the wheel on this weekend. Those left hand throttles are wierd, kind of like jerkin the gerkin with your left hand don't make sense if your right handed!!!!!!

redhotsommer
07-14-2010, 07:14 AM
So BZ is gonna blow another drive next weekend...?

Magic Medicine
07-14-2010, 07:53 AM
So BZ is gonna blow another drive next weekend...?

Zing, you are just the king of the one liners. I guess if your required to throttle a 42 beaker in 1' or less water he is going to need a new drive:rolleyes:

OBNOXUS
07-14-2010, 08:12 AM
SHOW ME THE MONEY !!!!!!!!!

redhotsommer
07-14-2010, 09:53 AM
I'll take "BZ Needs a New Drive" for $1000, Alex...

Magic Medicine
07-14-2010, 10:12 AM
SHOW ME THE MONEY !!!!!!!!!

Are u sure you capable of fixing it right the first time in a timely maner????

Magic Medicine
07-14-2010, 10:13 AM
I'll take "BZ Needs a New Drive" for $1000, Alex...

:smash::smash:

MILD THUNDER
07-14-2010, 10:39 AM

Keith did a excellent job and was a total trooper this weekend. I may have his name handwritten on the port side of the boat, he got a reserved seat in the Fontane...:cheers2:

Magic Medicine
07-14-2010, 11:06 AM
Keith did a excellent job and was a total trooper this weekend. I may have his name handwritten on the port side of the boat, he got a reserved seat in the Fontane...:cheers2:

What about Sunday at beer can??? I remember something about a headache and stomach ache:sifone::cheers2:

redhotsommer
07-14-2010, 11:33 AM

This kinda concerns me...I mean...I know what Michelle has to do to get her name "handwritten" on the port side of the boat...now I hear tell of a headache and...a stomachache? WTF guys? I was only out of town for ONE WEEKEND...?

OBNOXUS
07-14-2010, 01:31 PM
Are u sure you capable of fixing it right the first time in a timely maner????

EXCUSE ME?

Mrs. OB

Magic Medicine
07-14-2010, 02:33 PM
EXCUSE ME?

Mrs. OB

Was this post addressed to you in any manner??? Dennis is a man he can answer from himself. Just a jab in the side, all in fun right?:kiss:

OBNOXUS
07-14-2010, 02:46 PM
And you don't know what the f#ck your talking about,,,, or what happened,,,,,,so I guess we are even !!!!

Of course,,,,I tend to keep my mouth shut in those situations,,,,,but to each their own

OBNOXUS
07-14-2010, 02:51 PM
And you can't be mad at her for defending me,,,,,,,I spend every night at the shop till 10 pm or later to make sure everything possible is in the water for the weekend,,,,,,ignoring her,,,,, the house,,,,,and my own boat for that matter,,,,,,so maybe you were kidding,,,,,but its been a sore subject for sometime in our house.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program!!!!

redhotsommer
07-14-2010, 02:53 PM
Who wants drinks? You want 'em, I got 'em! :)

MILD THUNDER
07-14-2010, 03:05 PM
This kinda concerns me...I mean...I know what Michelle has to do to get her name "handwritten" on the port side of the boat...now I hear tell of a headache and...a stomachache? WTF guys? I was only out of town for ONE WEEKEND...?

"Brokeback Fountain" will be the new name on the boat....:eek:

Magic Medicine
07-14-2010, 03:34 PM
And you don't know what the f#ck your talking about,,,, or what happened,,,,,,so I guess we are even !!!!

Of course,,,,I tend to keep my mouth shut in those situations,,,,,but to each their own

WTF are you talking about???? You guys can bust my balls all the time and I take it in stride and now you get defensive after a little rid. I guess if you can't take it don't dish it. On a side note I figured the humor of me being a service manager at a car dealership didn't apply here either:rolleyes:

Magic Medicine
07-14-2010, 03:35 PM
And you can't be mad at her for defending me,,,,,,,I spend every night at the shop till 10 pm or later to make sure everything possible is in the water for the weekend,,,,,,ignoring her,,,,, the house,,,,,and my own boat for that matter,,,,,,so maybe you were kidding,,,,,but its been a sore subject for sometime in our house.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program!!!!

EASY BIG DADDY JOKE. I guess the lesson is: Those you live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!!!!!:kiss:

Magic Medicine
07-14-2010, 03:36 PM
Who wants drinks? You want 'em, I got 'em! :)

Miller Lite please!!!!!

OBNOXUS
07-14-2010, 03:38 PM
Not mad,,,,, just venting !!!!!

Been a loooooonnnngggg. Couple months !!!! :willy_nilly:

MILD THUNDER
07-14-2010, 03:43 PM
Can we please get back to the fact that Ryan got his ass handed to him by a beaker?

He got to razz us about the ride to saugatuck...which i will admit was still my favorite boat ride to date riding shotgun in his boat!

Magic Medicine
Not mad,,,,, just venting !!!!!

Been a loooooonnnngggg. Couple months !!!! :willy_nilly:

Going by fast for me but I have been sweating my A$$ off:cheers2:

Magic Medicine
Can we please get back to the fact that Ryan got his ass handed to him by a beaker?

He got to razz us about the ride to saugatuck...which i will admit was still my favorite boat ride to date riding shotgun in his boat!

Good napping water that day if I do say so myself:eek:

Magic Medicine
07-14-2010, 03:44 PM
"Brokeback Fountain" will be the new name on the boat....:eek:

:driving:THE BIG SHOW:driving:

MILD THUNDER
07-14-2010, 03:45 PM
Good napping water that day if I do say so myself:eek:

Cat naps are always nice...especially on a Cig.

Twin Whackas
07-14-2010, 03:49 PM
I am hoping for Whacka water this weekend. No fountain or cig water.
That is still to big for me. :rolleyes:

redhotsommer
07-14-2010, 03:56 PM
See...the way I see it...the Cig just makes ya LAZY. Now try drivin' the 35 in that nastiness on the way to Saugiballs...and take into consideration that I took the detantes out of the throttles so I've got to hold them at all times...DAMN my arm was tired. It was like swimming all the way there with one arm.

Magic Medicine
07-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Cat naps are always nice...especially on a Cig.

Absolutely!!!!!

OBNOXUS
07-14-2010, 04:00 PM
I miss my windscreen !!!!!

Magic Medicine
07-14-2010, 04:48 PM
I miss my windscreen !!!!!

Boat salvage yard maybe???????????????????/

B.Z.
07-14-2010, 05:35 PM
I miss 1/2 of one....LOL

Cig Flat Deck
07-14-2010, 06:23 PM
If you dont mind i would like to chime in on this topic. In my landslide victory in saugatuck, that water was cosidered cig water.:driving: First one in, no missing parts:(, no spilled drinks. What Mr. Mild is talking about was last saturday evenings water conditions. FOUNTAIN WATER best described as a kiddy pool that you put in your front yard and your little sister does a cannon ball that sends that small ripple over the pools edge.:blush5: Thats what Websters dictionary says not me:sifone: As far as my rev limiter setting go i set them at 3500 to run with fountains. This way i can set the throttles and go lay down in the back seat and take one of the world famous CIG NAP'S. Keith was feeling alittle under the weather due to the amount of Saccenti throttling that is not nessacary in a FLATDECK. :boxing_smiley:
All joking aside i love running with all you guys. This is the kind of fun i look forward to all year. Good times, lots of laughs and great people:cheers2::cheers2:

Oh yeah Keith I built them so go head walk on them,
Ryan

Magic Medicine
07-14-2010, 07:00 PM
If you dont mind i would like to chime in on this topic. In my landslide victory in saugatuck, that water was cosidered cig water.:driving: First one in, no missing parts:(, no spilled drinks. What Mr. Mild is talking about was last saturday evenings water conditions. FOUNTAIN WATER best described as a kiddy pool that you put in your front yard and your little sister does a cannon ball that sends that small ripple over the pools edge.:blush5: Thats what Websters dictionary says not me:sifone: As far as my rev limiter setting go i set them at 3500 to run with fountains. This way i can set the throttles and go lay down in the back seat and take one of the world famous CIG NAP'S. Keith was feeling alittle under the weather due to the amount of Saccenti throttling that is not nessacary in a FLATDECK. :boxing_smiley:
All joking aside i love running with all you guys. This is the kind of fun i look forward to all year. Good times, lots of laughs and great people:cheers2::cheers2:

Ryan

:iagree:

MILD THUNDER
07-14-2010, 07:35 PM

Ryan

Of course theres no need for saccenti like throttling when your only doing 40mph!

I do admit the beaker is a far cry from the regal beagle when it comes to having to pull back on those sticks, espcially with #4 drives being kinda high. There is no "set it and forget it" position, but that is where the fun is. Im actually getting to drive the boat and not just ride on it which is a welcomed change.

Friday night was glass, saturday was glass, saturday night was a nice chop, enough to air out the boat a bit, and sunday, glass again. It does seem though that even being a Fontane, the old straight bottom 38 needs some air under it to run decent!

B.Z.
07-14-2010, 08:35 PM
I would just like to remind everybody that the "CIG" is running blowers to TRY and keep up with an EFI Foutain running on 87

P.S. where is my sticker

Cig Flat Deck
07-14-2010, 08:48 PM
You will get your stickers. And stop giving out my secrets

MILD THUNDER
07-14-2010, 08:55 PM
I would just like to remind everybody that the "CIG" is running blowers to TRY and keep up with an EFI Foutain running on 87

P.S. where is my sticker

DING DING DING. This is not fair. We cannot compare a 25 year old cig to a newer beaker. Apples to oranges. A more fair comparision would be a twin step top gun with 525s.

Now, we can compare mine and ryans. Both straight bottom 38's (okay, a 37.6 and a 36), no steps, old school Speedmasters and cleaver props, and old school blower motors. Mines lighter and faster hull, but smaller motors. Its like the old IROC VS MUSTANG 5.0 debate....lol, its all in good fun. I had so much fun just runnin next to the old flatdeck last weekend just horsin around. Thats what its all about :cheers2:

OBNOXUS
07-14-2010, 10:14 PM
FORD,,,CHEVY,,,,FORD,,,, CHEVY.

wait, wait,,,,,I got it,,,,, APACHE !!!!!!!! :lurk5:

B.Z.
07-14-2010, 10:20 PM
DING DING DING. This is not fair. We cannot compare a 25 year old cig to a newer beaker. Apples to oranges. A more fair comparision would be a twin step top gun with 525s.

Now, we can compare mine and ryans. Both straight bottom 38's (okay, a 37.6 and a 36), no steps, old school Speedmasters and cleaver props, and old school blower motors. Mines lighter and faster hull, but smaller motors. Its like the old IROC VS MUSTANG 5.0 debate....lol, its all in good fun. I had so much fun just runnin next to the old flatdeck last weekend just horsin around. Thats what its all about :cheers2:

we had fun with one of those too, just ask big d about our run at Lake Cumberland.......

Cig Flat Deck
07-14-2010, 11:38 PM
Can i be the mustang? Funny that you bring up cleaver props Joe. You should ask BZ what happens to a fountain guy when they walk up on a CIG. WE CUT YA.
Hows the foot doing anyways.

Magic Medicine
07-15-2010, 06:50 AM
FORD,,,CHEVY,,,,FORD,,,, CHEVY.

wait, wait,,,,,I got it,,,,, APACHE !!!!!!!! :lurk5:

FORD!!!! APACHE, whats in a name?????

OBNOXUS
07-15-2010, 09:00 AM
Can i be the mustang? Funny that you bring up cleaver props Joe. You should ask BZ what happens to a fountain guy when they walk up on a CIG. WE CUT YA.
Hows the foot doing anyways.

OK,,,,wait,,,,, I have cut more people then you and I just have a Baja !!!

Poor Jeff,,,,scarred for life,,,,, and Gina still has her stitches :(

redhotsommer
07-15-2010, 09:26 AM
Yes. Fountains ARE the safest boats. Reggie says so. And I don't believe BZs has ever left the water...

MILD THUNDER
07-15-2010, 11:44 AM
Yes. Fountains ARE the safest boats. Reggie says so. And I don't believe BZs has ever left the water...

And he says they are more fuel effiecient, and you get more mph per dollar spent than any other boat.

Like i Told ryan while pointing at the Fountain name this weekend. There are innovators, and theres imitators. Its all in a name. Fontane. :sifone:

MILD THUNDER
07-15-2010, 11:49 AM
Reggie explains it all here. Miles per dollar.

3A7JamaDJqw

MILD THUNDER
07-15-2010, 11:56 AM
Fast forward to about 2:15 in this video. This is what i told keith as we passed the flatdeck cig....

vKR_V69UUnM

Magic Medicine
07-15-2010, 02:05 PM
And he says they are more fuel effiecient, and you get more mph per dollar spent than any other boat.

Like i Told ryan while pointing at the Fountain name this weekend. There are innovators, and theres imitators. Its all in a name. Fontane. :sifone:

3A7JamaDJqw

Fast forward to about 2:15 in this video. This is what i told keith as we passed the flatdeck cig....

vKR_V69UUnM

You look like Reggie Jr:bump:

MILD THUNDER
07-15-2010, 03:43 PM
I need a helicopter to drop me on the deck of my boat while at the beach. Maybe he went on a beer run?

MILD THUNDER
07-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Hey Ryan, see these race hatches? Take a close look. I likey. This is my fav beaker of all time.

HNZjFL8hAqU

Cig Flat Deck
07-15-2010, 05:30 PM
As i passed the CIG he says. The way i remember it i was trying to stay behind you so i could get a measurement off the back of the fountain for decals. There was just to much bounching around my tape measure kept falling off. Maybe when you are parked on the trailer it wont be so bouncy. Those hatches would look cool they are just a double 45. And you would be able to walk on them!

htrdlncn
07-15-2010, 06:05 PM
holy crap hey must have said the word "Fountain" 50 times in under two minutes!

3A7JamaDJqw

OBNOXUS
07-15-2010, 11:06 PM
I wanted a real nice 38 foot boat so I bought a 42 Fountain !!!

Candyman
07-16-2010, 12:11 AM

Nice!!!!:sifone:

Magic Medicine
07-16-2010, 05:58 AM

:eek::sifone::leaving:

MILD THUNDER
07-16-2010, 08:59 AM

I wanted something real nice to match my man bag and vespa, so i bought a Baja..:willy_nilly:

OBNOXUS
07-16-2010, 09:15 AM
Oh cmon,,,,, you just bought a Fountain cuz you already had all the gold chains !!!!!

And a Vespa would greatly reduce our carbon footprint

OBNOXUS
07-16-2010, 09:15 AM
I almost said that with a straight face !!!!!

MILD THUNDER
07-16-2010, 09:21 AM
Oh cmon,,,,, you just bought a Fountain cuz you already had all the gold chains !!!!!

Cant argue with ya there!

I'd like a vespa just for when i stay at hammond to get to and from the yacht club...can u see us motoring down the pier at 2am? While Cheryl drives yours and you ride on the back with the gray goose ice bucket on your head? That sounds like a good time, and something i can definitly see happening. :cheers2:

redhotsommer
07-16-2010, 09:28 AM
I wanted something real nice to match my man bag and vespa, so i bought a Baja..:willy_nilly:

Omygodthatsfunny. :sifone:

OBNOXUS
07-16-2010, 09:30 AM
Cant argue with ya there!

I'd like a vespa just for when i stay at hammond to get to and from the yacht club...can u see us motoring down the pier at 2am? While Cheryl drives yours and you ride on the back with the gray goose ice bucket on your head? That sounds like a good time, and something i can definitly see happening. :cheers2:

Who would put a Goose bucket on their head,,,,thats rediculous :eek:

Magic Medicine
07-16-2010, 09:31 AM

I hope your kinding about the carbon footprint. Did you vote for Obama:cuss::cuss:

OBNOXUS
07-16-2010, 10:49 AM
I hope your kinding about the carbon footprint. Did you vote for Obama:cuss::cuss:

Read my post right UNDER that one !!!!!

Magic Medicine
07-16-2010, 11:17 AM
Read my post right UNDER that one !!!!!

Just making sure:sifone:

B.Z.
07-21-2010, 08:24 PM
so where is my sticker

redhotsommer
07-21-2010, 10:25 PM
Ryan is using it as a head gasket...

Magic Medicine
07-22-2010, 08:05 AM
Ryan is using it as a head gasket...

Below the belt:cuss:

redhotsommer
07-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Seriously...any diagnosis yet?

MILD THUNDER
07-22-2010, 11:17 AM
Seriously...any diagnosis yet?

Went down there monday night. Just a couple broken rocker nuts, and one lifter got hurt from the pushrod. He is a lucky guy!

He could have it back together in a couple hours. He has the parts. Now its a matter of do you wanna work in the bilge with 100 degree heat index.:(

OBNOXUS
07-22-2010, 11:42 AM
Went down there monday night. Just a couple broken rocker nuts, and one lifter got hurt from the pushrod. He is a lucky guy!

He could have it back together in a couple hours. He has the parts. Now its a matter of do you wanna work in the bilge with 100 degree heat index.:(

Of course Ryan has the parts.......NEXT DAY AIR, Baby!!!!!! :kiss:

Mrs. OB

B.Z.
07-22-2010, 12:39 PM
And Joe is the perfect guy for the 100 deg. day stuff......

redhotsommer
07-22-2010, 01:08 PM
If he can get it here tomorrow and get it done by noon, I can offer an air-conditioned shop...

Cig Flat Deck
07-22-2010, 05:11 PM
No worry boys and girls Next day air is my friend. But even better is friends that have all the parts i need in there garage. Planning on going down there today to put all new lifters and polylocks in. The rollars are fine and no push rods are bent. just going to check the valves and springs to make sure they are all good. Thanks Mike im just going to bring a fan, worst case ill just jump in.

MrCig
07-22-2010, 08:28 PM
We worked on our buddy Kenny's boat last night. Put the motor and trans in and outdrive on and had it running in under 2 hours. Anybody need a pit crew?

Wait Ryan gets the bill for those Lifters LOL

Mark:cheers2:

Magic Medicine
07-23-2010, 08:03 AM
We worked on our buddy Kenny's boat last night. Put the motor and trans in and outdrive on and had it running in under 2 hours. Anybody need a pit crew?

Wait Ryan gets the bill for those Lifters LOL

Mark:cheers2:

Dam you boys do work!!!! Do you guys take payment in beer:cheers2::cheers2:

Cig Flat Deck
07-23-2010, 05:02 PM
We got the motor put back together last. Just have to set the timming and we are ready to rock. yes we do take beer only after we work.

sweet addiction
07-25-2010, 10:34 PM
Dude, that is freaking halarious. :smash:

holy crap hey must have said the word "Fountain" 50 times in under two minutes!