PDA

View Full Version : Trailer wheels - Pantera style

Buoy
07-13-2010, 10:40 PM
OK, the trailer just had stock rims caked in years of grease, but I put new tires on them for the cross-country move last year. I know I'm moving really slow on this project, but I'm overcoming obstacles at every turn.

Anyway, after looking at replacing the rims, I didn't find anything "unique" or anything that I felt had the look I want for my rig.
So, after a lot of scrubbing and de-greasing, and a little paint work, new lugs and some beauty rings, I'm pretty happy with the outcome. Fenders will be next, and once again, not happy with what I'm seeing off the shelf, but I have a few ideas.

I think this is a good look for an '80 Pantera that is an old boat, and proud to be an old boat.

rchevelle71
07-14-2010, 09:24 AM
OK, the trailer just had stock rims caked in years of grease, but I put new tires on them for the cross-country move last year. I know I'm moving really slow on this project, but I'm overcoming obstacles at every turn.

Anyway, after looking at replacing the rims, I didn't find anything "unique" or anything that I felt had the look I want for my rig.
So, after a lot of scrubbing and de-greasing, and a little paint work, new lugs and some beauty rings, I'm pretty happy with the outcome. Fenders will be next, and once again, not happy with what I'm seeing off the shelf, but I have a few ideas.

I think this is a good look for an '80 Pantera that is an old boat, and proud to be an old boat.

YUP.

looks like something from Hialeah:eek:

just Joking, actually looks pretty cool:iagree:

Mikeb4
07-14-2010, 01:24 PM
Kool, now you need lime green lines to match! I have a link for you! :sifone:

Bobcat
07-14-2010, 01:25 PM
I like it !

tomcei
07-14-2010, 09:28 PM
Tim,
Remember if you keep the mind set "this is a labor of love" then it takes the pain away. As long as you keep moving forward in any way then your doing good.
If the other fender looks straight like the one I see then keep'um and paint them. If you want to stand on them alot you could remove and powder coat. Or mount a cool plate for standing on to the fender after painting.
My .02 (only worth about .0002 in this econ)

no limits
07-14-2010, 11:11 PM
I always liked the turbine looking rims...totally 80s.