PDA

View Full Version : Holy Gas Tank Batman!

monkfunk
06-26-2010, 06:25 AM
finally took the new toy to the Gas pump last night.
Whew,,, you guys wernt kidding. $200.00 didnt even scratch it!
Gave me enough for the weekend, thats it! Guess I'm switchin to Natty Light again. LOL
I know,,,,,, Welcome to SERIOUSOFFSHORE !!!

Ratickle
06-26-2010, 09:09 AM
Gave me enough for the weekend, thats it! Guess I'm switchin to Natty Light again. LOL

Nothing to worry about.......:sifone:

sweet addiction
06-26-2010, 09:00 PM
Very nice boat. Just fill it up and don't worry about it. You will never talk about how much fuel you put in it but you will always talk about the good times had.

Buoy
06-27-2010, 12:33 AM
Hey MonkeySpunk... (sorry, that name is just, well...)
Now you're playing with the big boys, and you now have a REAL boat.
Congrats my friend. The fuel money is probably the cheapest part to play in this game. (that's why I've stuck to a single - twins can get thirsty).

Mark, glad to hear she is running good and No Worries.

Ratickle
06-27-2010, 09:53 AM
Hey MonkeySpunk... (sorry, that name is just, well...)
Now you're playing with the big boys, and you now have a REAL boat.
Congrats my friend. The fuel money is probably the cheapest part to play in this game. (that's why I've stuck to a single - twins can get thirsty).

Mark, glad to hear she is running good and No Worries.

You ought to split gas with Hotrod2 on his four engine Cary if you want to talk about thirsty......:eek:

Bobcat
06-27-2010, 03:51 PM
It costs 280 bucks to fill up the 20' wellcraft !:eek:(it lasts a few days though:)) The 27' has a two 70 gallon tanks but I rarely put more than 80 gallons in......As Tim says....gas is the cheapest thing you'll ever put in your boat !:sifone:

35 Lightning
06-27-2010, 04:52 PM
I did the same thing last weekend, laid down $360, but we had a real good time, i have a little left for this weekend.

Buoy
06-27-2010, 05:41 PM
It costs 280 bucks to fill up the 20' wellcraft !:eek:(it lasts a few days though:)) The 27' has a two 70 gallon tanks but I rarely put more than 80 gallons in......As Tim says....gas is the cheapest thing you'll ever put in your boat !:sifone:

Mark's a good friend of mine from back when I was living in Pittsburgh. Trust me, he can afford the fill-up, he just has a hard time unclenching his butt-cheeks to cough up the dough. A jewish-Italian guy...:rolleyes: Go figure...

whatboat
06-27-2010, 07:29 PM
Crap, the Lambo boat had a 200 gal tank and when running heavy waves (pumping the throttles) it would get 1/2 mile per gallon !!!! :ack2:

I would just say "fill er up" and not look at the Amex charge until after the fun !!! And that was back when gas was cheep !!!!!!!!

sweet addiction
06-27-2010, 11:43 PM
Dang, 1/2 Mile a Gal. Holy Cow. :eek:

Crap, the Lambo boat had a 200 gal tank and when running heavy waves (pumping the throttles) it would get 1/2 mile per gallon !!!! :ack2:

I would just say "fill er up" and not look at the Amex charge until after the fun !!! And that was back when gas was cheep !!!!!!!!

Slandrew
06-28-2010, 02:10 AM
:eek:If ya run that boat wide open 58-60 gallonns per hour :rolleyes: But unless your racing it's hard to run a whole hour WOT so $200 to blast around is cool!:cheers2:

WATCHUS
06-28-2010, 05:43 PM
MONK
I have one also and have a bad gas gauge found out when the yellow light lights i need to get gas but it only taked about 60 gallons and gushes out the fill. This weekend we did our first poker of the season so i filled it up again when we arrived at our destinstion 60 miles down the coast only took 4 gallons and gushed out. The gas attendent put the nozel on slow and it took another 85 gallons so i guess I have been riding around with only half a tank thinking it was full. I here these fountians have strange gas tanks.
Rich

sweet addiction
06-29-2010, 07:52 PM
There is a thread maybe over on OSO I read a while back about putting gas in a Fountain. About the same thing you explained. Have to fill slow.

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-29-2010, 08:50 PM
Check the screen on the vent.. Corrosion and or bugs can clog them up.

Slandrew
06-29-2010, 10:20 PM
Fill them real slow common!

WATCHUS
06-30-2010, 07:05 PM
That is what i thought was going on if I rush it it blows out the fill and the vent happy to know I am not the only one
Thanks for the input.
Rich

Slandrew
07-01-2010, 08:22 AM
Slow fill a little more gas also:USA:

endeavor1
07-05-2010, 03:13 PM
Welcome and congrats on your first fill up.... :cheers2: :eek:

Just wait till you get to the larger multiple tanked boats. Thats when you really just want to look the other way as your card is burning up..... :sifone:

Ratickle knows about this too....... :bump:

Buoy
07-05-2010, 09:42 PM
Welcome and congrats on your first fill up.... :cheers2: :eek:

Just wait till you get to the larger multiple tanked boats. Thats when you really just want to look the other way as your card is burning up..... :sifone:

Ratickle knows about this too....... :bump:

Mr 46 BT... I could only imagine the fuel bill...
I'm guessing a min of $800, probably closer to $1200.:eek::eek:
(and I'm probably shooting low)...

sweet addiction
07-05-2010, 10:35 PM
How was your first Holiday weekend in it? Did you burn through some fuel?

endeavor1
07-06-2010, 12:22 AM
Mr 46 BT... I could only imagine the fuel bill...
I'm guessing a min of $800, probably closer to $1200.:eek::eek:
(and I'm probably shooting low)...

The latter number is closer....... :eek: The price of cool is never cheap i ve been told though...... :sifone:

Lets all be glad though we r not like the "Saxman" and have very thirsty PSI blowers that require 100+ octane in a Black Thunder.......scary

35 Lightning
07-14-2010, 05:27 PM
There is a thread maybe over on OSO I read a while back about putting gas in a Fountain. About the same thing you explained. Have to fill slow.

I guess i'm lucky, my 35 takes it as fast as the pump will run, what scares me is the total $ when it shuts off.

monkfunk
07-14-2010, 10:51 PM
You guys are all correct,, The gas is expensive but I used to get tanked with the beer and found that you can only have one or two with all that power on such a small river. Also the Fish heads here think they have more power than the feds. So less beer = more money for Gas !! Fair trade !!
Still having a BLAST !!!
Tim,, gotta come home to see Uncle Lou and we'll go for a Rip!! Poker Run this weekend at Fox Chapel Marina.

Perlmudder
07-15-2010, 01:08 PM
I just put $1400 in the 55 that I work on, it only gave me a 1/4 tank more! glad that is on the owners charge and not mine

Buoy
07-15-2010, 08:40 PM
Tim,, gotta come home to see Uncle Lou and we'll go for a Rip!! Poker Run this weekend at Fox Chapel Marina.

I wouldn't mind making a trip back there, but I have NO travel on the current radar.
If anything, I need to get back to Ohio to see my Daughter and my folks.
I also need to pick up that Wellcraft that we had when we were living in PA.

Poker Run should be a good time! I'm sure Fox Chapel does a nice run.