PDA

View Full Version : June 26-27...?

redhotsommer
06-22-2010, 11:35 AM
So...what's up for next weekend? Michelle and I were considering heading up to Milwaukee for SummerFest...anyone else interested?

Magic Medicine
06-22-2010, 12:10 PM
I am taking JJ to the beach!!! Probably boaters!

Exhilaration
06-22-2010, 03:09 PM
The weather seems to be against us once again.

Magic Medicine
06-22-2010, 03:37 PM
The weather seems to be against us once again.

mother nature is a :cuss::cuss::cuss:

redhotsommer
06-22-2010, 03:44 PM
Looks like Friday is going to be pretty good....30% Saturday, 40% Sunday. Maybe we'll stick around here and hit up Hammond Friday and the beach Saturday...

BTW...it has rained 14 of 31 days in May, and has already rained 13 of 22 days in June. Haven't been able to mountain bike on singletrack for almost 2 months.

Hammer01
06-22-2010, 05:18 PM
So...what's up for next weekend? Michelle and I were considering heading up to Milwaukee for SummerFest...anyone else interested?

I'm heading up Friday for sure Mikey, my buddy Duane is going Thursday night but I have the little ones til morning on Friday. Let me know if you guys want to join. The concert selection is off the hook!!! I think Tom Petty and ZZ top are playing Friday night. Give me a ring if anyone is interested, my buddy's HS friend owns a bar downtown Milwaukee and has some hook-up's for us!!

OBNOXUS
06-22-2010, 06:09 PM
If anyone is around, PINKS is running in Joliet at the race track Saturday night!

Mrs.OB

Exhilaration
06-22-2010, 06:16 PM
Friday night Milwaukee, Sat. Night Pinks! Let the boats rest!

Hammer01
06-22-2010, 06:41 PM
I think Friday night is Tom Petty and ZZ Top. Let's do it. Maybe we can even find a good street brawl, let's check with Perillo to see if he needs any red tie-die shirts again!!! I think we are heading back Saturday for boating on the big pond so lets see who is all in!!!

MILD THUNDER
06-22-2010, 07:49 PM
Im gonna be working on gettin the Fontaine running...Possibly get it wet saturday or sunday. Just need a couple little things then im good to go.

Hammer01
06-22-2010, 10:15 PM
I am going to be at the warehouse tomorrow working on Big J's boat so if you are around stop by.

MILD THUNDER
06-22-2010, 10:26 PM
I am going to be at the warehouse tomorrow working on Big J's boat so if you are around stop by.

Gonna be puttin in a long day at the office tomorrow down in morris/gardner. But totally feel free to go ahead and hook up my power steering pump and change the oil on the starboard motor! :cheers2:

Missed ya in South Haven bro

Tony M
06-23-2010, 09:34 AM
I'm still on getting things strighten out should know by Friday am , then its time to hit the water for some close blast! and little up dates.

redhotsommer
06-23-2010, 10:26 AM
Just talked to Michelle...looks like we'll be hangin around here. Probably have the boat in the water by noon on Friday @ Hammond...go to the city Friday and then the beach on Saturday. I'm guessing you'll be at the beach Sat, Andy?

Magic Medicine
06-23-2010, 12:03 PM
Just talked to Michelle...looks like we'll be hangin around here. Probably have the boat in the water by noon on Friday @ Hammond...go to the city Friday and then the beach on Saturday. I'm guessing you'll be at the beach Sat, Andy?

If the weathers good I should be at the beach sat and sun

Exhilaration
06-23-2010, 08:26 PM
After the storms tonight,,, I think I will chill in the garage! You know were to find me!:cheers2:

OBNOXUS
06-23-2010, 08:46 PM
Storm pictures from my backyard!

OBNOXUS
06-23-2010, 08:48 PM
:eek:

420NytroBoy69
06-23-2010, 09:35 PM
Those are some good pics of the storm!! I was outside in Downers thinking to myself I have never seen clouds move in a circle before.... Better go inside!!!

OBNOXUS
06-23-2010, 10:02 PM
Here's Mother Nature after the storm!

Mrs. OB

redhotsommer
06-23-2010, 10:41 PM
I grabbed Michelle and told her to get outside to see that post-storm sky. INCREDIBLE.

Magic Medicine
06-24-2010, 08:12 AM
tornado, hit 3 miles north of me in La Porte. La Porte county has declared a state of emergency. My family is ok. Hope the same holds for Twin Whackas!!!!!!

Magic Medicine
06-24-2010, 08:22 AM
Update: Just talked to Twin Whackas, the tornado was less than a couple hundred feet
from hitting his house. His neighbor hood is trashed and they will be without power for quite sometime!!!! Thank god he is ok!!!!!

Tony M
06-24-2010, 09:30 AM
Update: Just talked to Twin Whackas, the tornado was less than a couple hundred feet
from hitting his house. His neighbor hood is trashed and they will be without power for quite sometime!!!! Thank god he is ok!!!!! Both of you ! that's Cool you are all good that way, Should have been driving in that stuff What a Trip though the Big Red guy with the pitch fork was comming after me. :sifone:

MILD THUNDER
06-24-2010, 10:58 AM
tornado, hit 3 miles north of me in La Porte. La Porte county has declared a state of emergency. My family is ok. Hope the same holds for Twin Whackas!!!!!!

Glad to hear everyone is ok. Same for Mike. Close call.

It was gettin pretty bad here too last night. Tornado sirens blazing, trees bending sideways, and horizontal rain. Highways shut down, streets flooded all over.

As you guys know i live about a block from US Cellular field. as all this was going on, im looking out my window and just looking at all the white sox fans sitting in a line traffic waiting to get to the game. Friggin tornado sirens are going off, Tree limbs flying, Cloud to ground lightning, but mom,dad and the kids have to get to the ballpark so dad can suck down a dozen miller lites, then go home and slap mom around a bit when the sox lose. I guess Im just bitter from looking at these 30,000+ fans pouring in for the games. But I sometimes wonder if these people are dead from the neck up. Maybe it was the drunk jerkoff i cought whizzing on my neighbors fence the other night that got me fired up.

redhotsommer
06-24-2010, 11:37 AM
Hit em with a table leg Joe!

redhotsommer
06-24-2010, 11:38 AM
Anyone wanting to play hooky tomorrow...I should be in the water by noon @ Hammond...

Kool-Aid Man
06-24-2010, 03:32 PM
buzz me if you head to the city

redhotsommer
06-24-2010, 03:39 PM
HOPEfully it won't be just me...

Cig Flat Deck
06-24-2010, 04:25 PM
glad everyone is all good. Im working on mine tonight. Try to get it running and might be in later in the day friday.

Magic Medicine
06-24-2010, 04:34 PM
Hit em with a table leg Joe!

:iagree:

OBNOXUS
06-24-2010, 10:25 PM
I hate boats

redhotsommer
06-25-2010, 08:37 AM
What else is new?

B.Z.
06-25-2010, 08:39 AM
I hate boats

me too

Tony M
06-25-2010, 08:44 AM
I hate boats Do I ! Lets sale em and buy a BARGE! and make it into a floating Bar with palm tree's on it with lots of bright white sand and tons of Goose stored up ! :cheers2: :sifone:.

OBNOXUS
06-25-2010, 09:20 AM
Yours is a barge right now,,,,,,just a pair of trim rams hanging off of it

Magic Medicine
06-25-2010, 09:36 AM
I hate working. Wish I was heading to the lake now!!!!!!!

Tony M
06-25-2010, 09:54 AM
Yours is a barge right now,,,,,,just a pair of trim rams hanging off of it can save money , and you all can pay me rent ! we just need to come up with the palm trees, Hell it still has sand in it ! :sifone:

Tony M
06-25-2010, 09:57 AM
I hate working. Wish I was heading to the lake now!!!!!!! Be Miller lite Lake . :cheers2:

redhotsommer
06-25-2010, 10:00 AM
I hate working. Wish I was heading to the lake now!!!!!!!

In two hours, I will be. Gimme a call tonight regarding tomorrow...calling for afternoon stormage (surprise.), but I still might be up for coming out to the beach...we can always run for the ditch to get out of it.

SC288
06-25-2010, 11:25 AM
In two hours, I will be. Gimme a call tonight regarding tomorrow...calling for afternoon stormage (surprise.), but I still might be up for coming out to the beach...we can always run for the ditch to get out of it.

Angie and had a slip rented in New Buf but still have a few things to do on the boat so hopefully we will be out in a few weeks.

Magic Medicine
06-26-2010, 06:29 AM

Raining out right now suprise!!!!!

Magic Medicine
06-26-2010, 10:51 AM
Working on saturday, freakin SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony M
06-26-2010, 01:29 PM
OK! MY OBAMA Brother Just pick up your surplus Funs @ 51st & Ellis in greater Chicago it will be at the conner stor where you can trade on up to brown bag of your chose and can hang out with all the Brothers! Now "quit crying and get your azz to work":toetap05:

ICDEDPPL
06-26-2010, 11:22 PM
Was an awesome day today, sunny all day, tiny waves, perfect weather, now if they could just turn on the lazy river at boaters beach again that be sweet.

I thought I saw Brians old boat there today.. was it?

MILD THUNDER
06-26-2010, 11:25 PM
Was an awesome day today, sunny all day, tiny waves, perfect weather, now if they could just turn on the lazy river at boaters beach again that be sweet.

I thought I saw Brians old boat there today.. was it?

yep! that was me. was rafted up with a 36 baja and 35 fountain (obnoxus and redhotsommer.

Great day to be on the lake.

MILICEVICGM
06-27-2010, 05:28 AM
yep! that was me. was rafted up with a 36 baja and 35 fountain (obnoxus and redhotsommer.

Joe, how did she run?. Hope all is well.

MILD THUNDER
06-27-2010, 10:25 AM
Joe, how did she run?. Hope all is well.

Ran good George. Defiinitly gonna try some 4 blades. Lots of slip with the 3 blades. I can turn your 3 blades 28's to 5500 on flat water...Im thinkin some 4 blade 28's might do the trick..Cruising at 3500rpm puts me around 45-50mph. To get on plane it needs about 4000 rpm before they grab and boat lays over. Air cleaners worked out perfect. Thanks again!

The boat seems to handle well though even with the 3 blade props on the top end. Really was a rewarding weekend. Redhotsommer has some great pictures and a video i am sure he will be posting up.

ICDEDPPL
06-27-2010, 10:50 AM

Oh ok.. I saw those big boats tied together but wasn`t sure who it was.
My wife was like yeah that`s gotta be Brians boat..
Now I know why all that noise was about but it didn`t seem like it was getting on plane ,:) but man I gotta tell ya it sounds AWESOME!!!!:USA:
I have one Bravo 4 blade 28 that I`m not using, just incase you found another one and wanted to try em let me know

redhotsommer
06-27-2010, 10:52 AM
ABSOLUTELY great day yesterday! Didn't know you were out there IC...you should have come over and said hi! We were going to go to Wells St., but it was so flat and so fun just cruising, we ended up at Boaters anyway. My sincere apologies to the young man who thought his Jet Ski went 70 mph (as they ALL seem to think) and was in full-tilt aero-racing position when I bumped it up to 4k and lazily drove past him.

Joe's boat is REALLLLLLY loud...I'll work on getting the pics and vids up this morning...gave me goose bumps watching her run...I'm sure Brian is out there somewhere with a huge smile on his face. You did GREAT work Joe, congratulations.

Cig Flat Deck
06-27-2010, 10:59 AM
It was nice to see the Fountain in the water with the L.E.D.s on and the radio going. Then he fired it up LOUD. You watched the boat rock back and forth. My only problem was i didnt get to hear the 5000 RPM rev. but it was 10:30 at night.
congrads

MILD THUNDER
06-27-2010, 11:24 AM
ABSOLUTELY great day yesterday! Didn't know you were out there IC...you should have come over and said hi! We were going to go to Wells St., but it was so flat and so fun just cruising, we ended up at Boaters anyway. My sincere apologies to the young man who thought his Jet Ski went 70 mph (as they ALL seem to think) and was in full-tilt aero-racing position when I bumped it up to 4k and lazily drove past him.

Joe's boat is REALLLLLLY loud...I'll work on getting the pics and vids up this morning...gave me goose bumps watching her run...I'm sure Brian is out there somewhere with a huge smile on his face. You did GREAT work Joe, congratulations.

Thanks Mike. It was one of the biggest projects ive attempted since I been in this game. Initially it all sounded so easy, to just drop some motors in and go boating. But there was so much more to it. I too am really happy that it got to get some run time.

You know Brian was laughin at me and you in the bilge friday night trying to get that friggin hose back on!

MILD THUNDER
06-27-2010, 11:30 AM
It was nice to see the Fountain in the water with the L.E.D.s on and the radio going. Then he fired it up LOUD. You watched the boat rock back and forth. My only problem was i didnt get to hear the 5000 RPM rev. but it was 10:30 at night.
congrads

Thanks, and thanks for the drinks and pizza. You shoulda stuck around for some choice 80's music from the hippie kids Ipod after we left the yacht club. Mike and michelle are always great company even if we had to drink warm beer and eat cold chicken wings at 330am. It totally made sense at the time though. :cheers2:

Ratickle
06-27-2010, 11:38 AM

We will be waiting to see that thread, so hurry up...... :toetap05:

:sifone:

MILD THUNDER
06-27-2010, 11:39 AM
Oh ok.. I saw those big boats tied together but wasn`t sure who it was.
My wife was like yeah that`s gotta be Brians boat..
Now I know why all that noise was about but it didn`t seem like it was getting on plane ,:) but man I gotta tell ya it sounds AWESOME!!!!:USA:
I have one Bravo 4 blade 28 that I`m not using, just incase you found another one and wanted to try em let me know

Thanks for the offer but I have ssm drives, so your props wouldnt work. I borrowed MILICEVICGM's props, which are 3 blades, so they slipped alot while gettin on plane.

Cig Flat Deck
06-27-2010, 11:46 AM
Now thats T-dock boating there besides the warm beer. But the chicken is all good. I would've been down there and listened to some tunes but i didnt know you guys were going to stay up and party.

MILD THUNDER
06-27-2010, 11:51 AM
Now thats T-dock boating there besides the warm beer. But the chicken is all good. I would've been down there and listened to some tunes but i didnt know you guys were going to stay up and party.

This winter you need to make me some race hatches to look like yours. We can even keep the "38" numbers in them. Then i can put your blowers on with some chillers under them...:sifone:

Cig Flat Deck
06-27-2010, 11:58 AM
The hatches no problem i think they would look sweet. We can pop mine off and set them on your boat and see what they look like and go from there. Now as far as the blowers that might work too just have to see how the job goes. Then GIDDY UP

kerigoff
06-27-2010, 01:25 PM
Hey Joe, Well I was one of the idiots that drove through the storm to get there! But on the other hand I don't drink so I got to enjoy an absolutly beautiful night at the game!

B.Z.
06-27-2010, 01:58 PM
I was there and the 5K runs on the dry pipes sound AWSOME I was with OBNOXUS and running next to that thing...well I can say is WOW...I agree Brian is smiling somewhere....

redhotsommer
06-27-2010, 03:50 PM
Here ya go Joe!

Reagle Beagle III backin her in...
Sitting at the ramp waiting for the DNR to leave cus Joe forgot his paperwork at home...
BBobb makin' sure everything is alright in the engine compartment...

redhotsommer
06-27-2010, 03:54 PM
We ran BBobb and Drew back to Hammond...suddenly I get a text that says "Heading for Hammond." We go outside the wall and hear the roar...

MILD THUNDER
06-27-2010, 03:54 PM
Gotta love the Reagle Beagle III!!!

redhotsommer
06-27-2010, 03:59 PM
Here's a happy guy.

Hatches up...dropped a hose off and heated a motor...spent the next hour smashing ourselves into very tiny spaces in the bilge trying to get it back on! I had it on three times and it came off, finally Joe got in there and managed to clamp it.

Rich came over from Wells St. with the OL to check out the new Mild Thunder.

MILD THUNDER
06-27-2010, 04:02 PM
Great PICS! Note the bilge pump running in the rear shot from the hose coming off the sea pump...Somehow i was still smiling lol

Great Shot of Rich's boat and mine in the sunset...

redhotsommer
06-27-2010, 04:04 PM
The Outerlimits...

Joe showing some tail...

Boaters beach crew the next day...

MILD THUNDER
06-27-2010, 04:10 PM
I like the pic of us in the water at the beach...The Hippie Kid is saying "hey, Fuggedaboudit" I may have been looking at my new boat AGAIN, BBOB carressing his own nipples, and Rich telling cheryl and den about his latest multitude of injuries...

scarrab30
06-27-2010, 05:08 PM
Joe, Just friggin awesome, I'm so pleased, and happy for you and your valiant efforts to see that project through.Looks so good in the water.Well at least you'll allways have a rider that won't cost ya anything. congratulations. Brian

redhotsommer
06-27-2010, 06:57 PM
Time to turn up the volume, kids...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kPPsVb1QbE

MILD THUNDER
06-27-2010, 07:00 PM
here ya go. thanks mike and michelle!!!!!

7kPPsVb1QbE

redhotsommer
06-27-2010, 07:07 PM
One more for ya Joe...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLWrpQuxlaw

MILD THUNDER
06-27-2010, 07:18 PM
dLWrpQuxlaw

Sweet

Twin Whackas
06-27-2010, 09:02 PM
Boat looks and sounds great running. Congrats on the finished product and a bunch of hard work.

scarrab30
06-27-2010, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the vids mike.

OBNOXUS
06-27-2010, 10:41 PM
It was great to finally see/hear it run.

Bittersweet,,,,,but great none the less

Its still in good hands

Cig Flat Deck
06-27-2010, 11:02 PM
Nice run. looks so much better in the water

MrCig
06-27-2010, 11:36 PM
Congrats Joe, glad to see you got it runnin.

Motors sound great nice rooster

Mark:cheers2:

Magic Medicine
06-28-2010, 08:14 AM
I like the pic of us in the water at the beach...The Hippie Kid is saying "hey, Fuggedaboudit" I may have been looking at my new boat AGAIN, BBOB carressing his own nipples, and Rich telling cheryl and den about his latest multitude of injuries...

:bump:

Magic Medicine
06-28-2010, 08:17 AM
Congrats Joe!!!!! Looks and sound great in the water!!!! Can't wait to go for a ride!!!!

redhotsommer
06-28-2010, 08:54 AM

Don't forget to check out Drew doing his best imitation of BBobb's belly...:)

Candyman
06-28-2010, 10:58 AM
Congratulations! :cheers2: She sounds SWEET!!!!!

Thanks for posting the video's!!!