PDA

View Full Version : Finally made the switch from OSO to SOS, the ugly

TampaBeach
06-15-2010, 11:56 PM
Well I finally had enough with OSO I actually had been a member over there for nearly 10 years, past 2 years just continued to piss me off to the point I now hide personal info. Last straw was OSO protecting TSPM from a chity deal they did with another member. Threads and posts of legitmate questions were disappearing. Quality and passion is just not there anymore (meaning OSO). I also found myself having a very hard time logging on several times after I disagreed with sponcers or Forum moderators, not a conspiracy expert here but really too much to be coincidence.

Looking forward to being here, hope some of the fun and passion I was apart of 10 years ago on OSO I can finsd once again. I even remember meeting with Steve in Don Arnows office, fun times.
:cheers2:

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-16-2010, 07:17 AM
Welcome

DAREDEVIL
06-16-2010, 09:31 AM
Welcome

:iagree:

W E L C O M E :party:

Offshore Ginger
06-16-2010, 10:49 AM
:iagree::seeya:

old377guy
06-16-2010, 11:12 AM
welcome TB-Jeff

BUIZILLA
06-16-2010, 11:21 AM
:cheers2:

Bgchuby01
06-16-2010, 11:28 AM
welcome here, OSO had there certain MODS that ran it like there own little playground ceding to the whims of steve shuble. Here you can post without your post being deleted because a certain mod did not agree

TampaBeach
06-16-2010, 04:25 PM
welcome here, OSO had there certain MODS that ran it like there own little playground ceding to the whims of steve shuble. Here you can post without your post being deleted because a certain mod did not agree

Cool, looking forward to being over here. I think it is safe to say in the past few years OSO just sold out, protect those dollars, forget the people who actually made it what it is.

detail toyz
06-16-2010, 07:39 PM
Yeah oso is freakin stupid they banned me out of the blue for making like one or two posts about my website, that I made a month earlier. No warrning or anything. At least this place sos was cool enough not to kick me off for doing the samething. So I will obviously be here full time.:cheers2::cheers2:

TCEd
06-16-2010, 10:53 PM

That's not true. A post I made on SOS was deleted last week. Funny thing is the complete thread is now deleted. So it happpens for whatever reason.

TampaBeach
06-17-2010, 08:34 AM
Yeah oso is freakin stupid they banned me out of the blue for making like one or two posts about my website, that I made a month earlier. No warrning or anything. At least this place sos was cool enough not to kick me off for doing the samething. So I will obviously be here full time.:cheers2::cheers2:

Actually I think that has happen to me as well, I have not been able to log on OSO for 3 days, to check the thread on TSPM. It just says the server is busy. Sad part is I was not vulger, or rude ever. I just caught one of their advertisers in a LIE that they made money from, and when confronted, I get banned. F them and that site.:cheers2:

Donziweasel
06-17-2010, 09:27 AM
I don't post much on either site, but I like to read them.

I feel this thread is hypocritical. You all left or don't like OSO for your own reasons. Let's just call it collectively "bad juju". Then you come over here and bash the site. Isn't this attitude why you left? Why bring the bad juju over here? I thought SOS was supposed to be above this stuff.

How about "I just joined SOS and think this is a great site. I feel it is more of what I am looking for than other sites". Now you have maintained the integrity of SOS and made it clear you came from somewhere else that perhaps didn't suit your tastes.

I personally left a site this past fall because of, lets just say, issues I had with the site. Joined another site, but never bashed the one I left in public. I will admit I discussed my views on the old site in private with freinds, but never posted about it. Made alot of friends on the one I left and many of them frequent both sites.

Anyway, just my .02, not trying to start anything.

Long live SOS...... :)

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-17-2010, 03:05 PM
Welcome Donziweasel , I hope you enjoy our site. I understand your point.. This thread should not be about bashing the other.

We all chose to be here. ENJOY:cheers2:

BUIZILLA
06-17-2010, 03:32 PM
hey DW, glad you made it over... :sifone:

Donziweasel
06-17-2010, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I have been a member for while, just like to lurk. I have some good friends here from other sites, including Buizilla. :iamwithstupid: :)

I have watched all the hub bub for the last couple of months in regards to both sites. There are those that like only OSO, those that like only SOS, and those who like both. While it has been interesting reading, all the mud slinging between the two isn't helping either site. Time to move on.......

Since I am a newbie to posting here, my opinion probably isn't worth much, but I just wanted to post a view from a unbaised member of both sites. Too be honest, SOS is probably more my taste, as it seems to have a lighter tone and is more about boating than boating chat site politics, which I have had enough of in recent months.

I consider Donzi.org my "home" site, but look foward to posting more here in the future.

Thanks again :)

Donziweasel
06-17-2010, 03:45 PM
Well, Jim, all I can say is- do you really think I wouldn't get more active in a site you are a charter member of???? :)

TampaBeach
06-17-2010, 08:31 PM
Yea, Donziwezel

I get your point, I guess I was just using that as another one of the reasons I have made the switch. I really don't feel like something is bashing IF it is true!! But you are right I do not want bad JUJU.

Anyway happy to meet you, I bring nearly 25 years of boating experience and worked for a baja, Eliminator, Fountain Dealer for many years and really enjoy helping /advising anywhere I can.

TAMPA:cheers2:

Donziweasel
06-17-2010, 08:38 PM
Tampa, damn, you have a hell of a lot of experience! Me, owned a couple of Donzi's, and stick mainly to the classics. I have 1979 Criterion right now that I am putting a 540 in. For some reason, I seem to spend more time messing with my boats than actually driving them! :)

Glad to see old friends and new ones here.......I like the site.

I didn't mean anything personal. Just happy to be here! :cheers2:

BUIZILLA
06-17-2010, 09:01 PM
Well, Jim, all I can say is- do you really think I wouldn't get more active in a site you are a charter member of???? :) :sifone: you can keep the snow though...

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-17-2010, 09:14 PM
Hey guys, I started working at a boat ramp in 1975, I have been working on and around boats ever since. Got to love it.

Griswald
06-17-2010, 09:20 PM
Hey guys, I started working at a boat ramp in 1975, I have been working on and around boats ever since. Got to love it.

Same here. Started working at the marina close to my house as a dock boy when I was 8yrs old. Gassed boats, fetched ice, counted bait, and raked more seaweed out of the ramp than I ever care to see again. All this for a whopping $1hr. I can still remember the day I brought home my first $20 bill.

Gordo
09-09-2010, 08:23 PM
It was sad that previous "admin" on the other site would pass judgement on specific people based on loyalty to a certain racing organization. (an organization that took really good care of him-by the way). I hope this site doesn't show that same judgement, (or censorship) of members.

Offshore Ginger
09-10-2010, 10:14 AM
It was sad that previous "admin" on the other site would pass judgement on specific people based on loyalty to a certain racing organization. (an organization that took really good care of him-by the way). I hope this site doesn't show that same judgement, (or censorship) of members. :iagree: or get banned for giving there opinion on certain product's .

Bobcat
09-10-2010, 06:15 PM
Were pretty laid back, We go out of our way to PM people if there is a problem, most folks edit their own posts if they are way out of line, We are not affiliated to any specific race organization, we like em all !
Constructive criticism is always welcome (unless it is about Stecz):USA:

cpmarine
09-23-2010, 08:46 AM
Same here. Started working at the marina close to my house as a dock boy when I was 8yrs old. Gassed boats, fetched ice, counted bait, and raked more seaweed out of the ramp than I ever care to see again. All this for a whopping $1hr. I can still remember the day I brought home my first $20 bill.

Took me a year to get up to a buck an hour. Started in a Merc outboard shop for .75 cents an hour in 1967. The shop rebuilt several powerheads and lowerunits a week, so cleaning gaskets and eventually disassembling lower units was all I got to do. Ended up staying with that shop into the 80's, the pay always sucked though.

Bgchuby01
09-23-2010, 09:58 AM
I worked at a marina called the sportsmans marina on the hackensack river by the giant's stadium in the late 60's. I collected the ramp fee's and operated the fuel pumps on the weekends while my family went out on the boat (31 trojan). during the summer I would live on the boat and work everyday, and I think it was for 1 dollar per hour. slept on the boat eating chef boy r dee for dinner watching a small black and white tv. I was I think about 12 years old.

LAriverratt
09-27-2010, 12:59 PM
I have posted and lurked around both sites reading the chit that was being thrown around..and it did make for some interesting readin :rolleyes::rofl::puke: :banghead::lurk5: but I'm glad it has gone by the way side, at least for now...lol...but with our (i use the word "our" loosely cuz its only been about 2 year for me) type of "hobby" we love big power big boats and lets not forget the:boobflash: so there's gonna be some ego too and some of the BS was ego based IMO...but again...I'm glad it's gotten back to more boating and less bashing and trashing.

bajabob 718
12-09-2010, 06:07 PM
hay i just got ban from oso.:icon_bs: i got drives off a sum bag that place a add on there site.:reddevil: .he ripp me off so i told the storty and post some pictures . i try to warn other memebers he had other stuff to sell . i guess they dont care that they have people like that on there site???? the funny part about it he just join to sell his parts . i check all his post they were 40post that he try to make me look like the bad guy ! i sold marine parts to members on this site and never had a bad deal! i am not going on oso again!!!!!

drpete3
12-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Sorry bob

Ratickle
12-10-2010, 10:08 PM
hay i just got ban from oso.:icon_bs: i got drives off a sum bag that place a add on there site.:reddevil: .he ripp me off so i told the storty and post some pictures . i try to warn other memebers he had other stuff to sell . i guess they dont care that they have people like that on there site???? the funny part about it he just join to sell his parts . i check all his post they were 40post that he try to make me look like the bad guy ! i sold marine parts to members on this site and never had a bad deal! i am not going on oso again!!!!!

Well, hopefully we'll be seeing more of you. :sifone:

bajabob 718
12-11-2010, 01:31 PM
thanks guys . its sad oso dont care about there members !!! . i email them and got no responce from them!!!. thats lame. o well i will have more time for this site thanks:cheers2:

Bgchuby01
12-15-2010, 03:32 PM
oso has never changed, it always had and always will have its little cliques of members who no matter what you say they are always right. Its funny how they put shuble up on a platform as the boating god when in fact all he did was buy the site from the person who really started it Jeffrey Chang. From my point of view steve bought a lifestyle when he bought oso. Al those pretty girls on the oso boat were just paid models. Steve couldn't get laid in a whore house. But thats what happens when you get to spend your families money. As for me the last three years I have kept my mouth closed about my texas problem. Funny thing is how a certain person keeps on selling and advertising boats on the other sites when he was the one who drove me to the marina to show me the boat in question. But he was buddies with steve and we know how the good ole boys network goes. As for this site I wish it the best and hope it slowly gets better, which I know that it will.

bajabob 718
12-15-2010, 03:59 PM
oso has never changed, it always had and always will have its little cliques of members who no matter what you say they are always right. Its funny how they put shuble up on a platform as the boating god when in fact all he did was buy the site from the person who really started it Jeffrey Chang. From my point of view steve bought a lifestyle when he bought oso. Al those pretty girls on the oso boat were just paid models. Steve couldn't get laid in a whore house. But thats what happens when you get to spend your families money. As for me the last three years I have kept my mouth closed about my texas problem. Funny thing is how a certain person keeps on selling and advertising boats on the other sites when he was the one who drove me to the marina to show me the boat in question. But he was buddies with steve and we know how the good ole boys network goes. As for this site I wish it the best and hope it slowly gets better, which I know that it will.who is speedgirl?????

Bgchuby01
12-15-2010, 08:36 PM
Her name is Heather and she is the head moderator on OSO. She claims I was banned there by steve but when I made a remark on OSO about her friend Barbie and how good a driver she was, all of a sudden I was banned. When this site started she played with my ability to post until Chris asked her to behave. I have never met her and she is friends with alot of people on both sites. I know that if you piss on her wheaties on oso, you are gone. I have her phone number and sometimes I think about calling her but what good would that do. As for her and steve's friend barbie she is the sister/brother of Jo nunez from pantera boats. She could probobly bench more weight than the majority of people on here. She used to drive the OSO truck that steve bought to drive the oso top gun that was owned by pier57.

Offshore Ginger
12-16-2010, 11:45 AM
hay i just got ban from oso.:icon_bs: i got drives off a sum bag that place a add on there site.:reddevil: .he ripp me off so i told the storty and post some pictures . i try to warn other memebers he had other stuff to sell . i guess they dont care that they have people like that on there site???? the funny part about it he just join to sell his parts . i check all his post they were 40post that he try to make me look like the bad guy ! i sold marine parts to members on this site and never had a bad deal! i am not going on oso again!!!!! Bob if you got ripped off by this guy you should start a thread in the good bad & ugly section letting everybody know just who this guy is .

Offshore Ginger
12-16-2010, 11:50 AM
Speedgirl hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i remember her well and her Avatar :boobflash:

txriverrat2001
12-16-2010, 04:53 PM
I was invited here way back when - have no beef with anyone in particular, not even OSO... but just choose to BS with the peeps on here as most of the keyboard racers on OSO are full of chit.... I'm not a racer - never claimed to be. I am a long time wrencher on everything from V4 Rudes to 850SCI's to the 528 Hemi's .... just love the sport.... like the guys who enjoy it as much as I do... and love to hear the chit stories from time to time...... Been on the water for over 40yrs ... same place ... I'm an original San Jacinto River Rat and damn proud of it....

back to the bashin.......

bajabob 718
12-16-2010, 06:04 PM
Her name is Heather and she is the head moderator on OSO. She claims I was banned there by steve but when I made a remark on OSO about her friend Barbie and how good a driver she was, all of a sudden I was banned. When this site started she played with my ability to post until Chris asked her to behave. I have never met her and she is friends with alot of people on both sites. I know that if you piss on her wheaties on oso, you are gone. I have her phone number and sometimes I think about calling her but what good would that do. As for her and steve's friend barbie she is the sister/brother of Jo nunez from pantera boats. She could probobly bench more weight than the majority of people on here. She used to drive the OSO truck that steve bought to drive the oso top gun that was owned by pier57.thats for the info on her . she is the one who ban me:boobflash:

bajabob 718
12-16-2010, 06:07 PM
Bob if you got ripped off by this guy you should start a thread in the good bad & ugly section letting everybody know just who this guy is .i will he is selling other parts on there :eek:

Bgchuby01
12-16-2010, 09:04 PM
yea I never met her but I guess she thinks her **** don't stink. Her and shuble and barbie can have a threesome. Two guys and a girl.

Bgchuby01
12-16-2010, 11:45 PM
How's the car biz? I have been keeping the trucks real busy. One truck is leaving the yard tonight and dropping a car in enterprise, Al. then going up to boston. As for OSO your 100% right. A few idiots over there think that they know everything about everything. Good example is commanche3six. He has never met me but he will tell the world everything he can find on his keyboard. He's a real tough guy for someone thats 5'10 and 160lbs wet. He is so proud of being in jersey. Makes me think he lives in the sycaucuse swamps.

And yes there are more good people on OSO than the few bad ones. I have many friends on that site that I know personally not by my keyboard.

Offshore Ginger
12-17-2010, 11:04 AM
Ding-Ding how have you been and whats been happing with your big bad self .

txriverrat2001
12-17-2010, 12:01 PM
How's the car biz? I have been keeping the trucks real busy. One truck is leaving the yard tonight and dropping a car in enterprise, Al. then going up to boston. As for OSO your 100% right. A few idiots over there think that they know everything about everything. Good example is commanche3six. He has never met me but he will tell the world everything he can find on his keyboard. He's a real tough guy for someone thats 5'10 and 160lbs wet. He is so proud of being in jersey. Makes me think he lives in the sycaucuse swamps.

And yes there are more good people on OSO than the few bad ones. I have many friends on that site that I know personally not by my keyboard.

Biz is good .... boat biz is good..... Rockin and rollin!!!!

Bgchuby01
12-17-2010, 05:46 PM
right now I have 6 ten car trucks traveling around picking up and delivering. Biz is good, I can not complain.

Bgchuby01
12-17-2010, 05:46 PM
Just need the dealers to raise what they will pay cause the cost of fuel just keeps on rising.

BBB725
12-17-2010, 06:26 PM
I want to ship my Excursion from Oshkosh Wi to Marathon Fl, can you PM me a price, and I'm very flexible on the date.

Bgchuby01
12-17-2010, 07:08 PM
My trucks don't run that route but what I would do for you is post it for you on a site just for car haulers called Central Dispatch. whatever it costs me I would just have it done COD and you pay upon delivery. A vehicle that size most trucks will charge a space and a half due to the weight and length. What is the chance of you driving it to chicago? My friend has a terminal there and could load it there and take it to fort lauderdale. Call me anytime at 909-816-1101 or email me at murraybrotherstrucking@yahoo.com. thanks

Buoy
12-17-2010, 10:52 PM
for someone thats 5'10 and 160lbs wet.

So my 5'11", 165 sounds a bit more intimidating?

that I know personally not by my keyboard.
Kinda funny you and I have actually had business dealings (GOOD) and we haven't had the opportunity to break bread.

It's amazing the lengths that certain people will go through to shove a microscope up your azz about your entire life.
Nobody here is trying to run for Congress, they are just participating on a boat board and sharing information, and trying to help each other with problems - or business - or any other challenge in their life that they have questions about.

One thing that has gotten old is the theory that this entire board that remains is a Chris worshipper, and that is the moniker it is being given.
That is an accusation that a lot of people that remain here are sheep.
I was never a worshipper of anyone - I just do my own thing, hang with people I like, and go to places that are comfortable to me.
I disagree on the worshipper thing - I just feel more comfortable here than walking into a pack of wolves that is only in existence to tear someone, or something apart. It's just not my mentality to join the pack. I choose to affiliate with some here - others, not as much, but I'm still willing to help out where I can.

And I imagine I will now be torn apart and analyzed by the wolf pack.:leaving:

Bgchuby01
12-17-2010, 11:49 PM
Yes we have done somethings via phone but never met. Always a good deal. One of these days I will be in arizona or you will be in los angeles and we will finally meet. I get stuck in my office so much I don't get to drive much anymore. As for members of SOS, If someone needs their car or pickup moved I will charge you the dealer or wholesale price and if my trucks are not going the direction that you need to go I will make the arrangements to get it done with no broker fee for me. My way of helping fellow SOS members. As for moving boats most of you know that I am pretty much done with that but if someone needs help just get ahold of me. I know a couple of pretty good boat haulers with the proper insurance and DOT and MCC certs to get it done for you. I will be glad to give you there numbers to get it done right.

Buoy
12-18-2010, 01:01 AM
Yes we have done somethings via phone but never met. Always a good deal. One of these days I will be in arizona or you will be in los angeles and we will finally meet.

Agreed. Always a good deal. Just helping out a a guy that had some time, and a friend that needed something moved. Just making a connection. WHICH IS WHAT THESE BOARDS WERE STARTED FOR!!
Just starting a new gig Monday, so not sure how much time I can get off for Desert Storm this year.
And, I'm starting to get of the opinion that all these "performance boaters" are truly the azzholes that every other boater hates - for a valid reason. Not all, but many.
Arrogance and self-importance doesn't go far in my book.
I'll stick to my little nomadic lifestyle in the desert and love it.
And I'm still only 15 mins from the lake.
And my boat will get done when I get around to getting it done.
I'll haul my cruiser out here and use it as a camper - and probably be happier.
I think recent experiences in the "performance" scene has soured many people from even wanting to get involved in.
I for one would rather be left alone, and hangout with only the people I choose.

fund razor
12-18-2010, 09:28 AM
So my 5'11", 165 sounds a bit more intimidating?

Kinda funny you and I have actually had business dealings (GOOD) and we haven't had the opportunity to break bread.

It's amazing the lengths that certain people will go through to shove a microscope up your azz about your entire life.
Nobody here is trying to run for Congress, they are just participating on a boat board and sharing information, and trying to help each other with problems - or business - or any other challenge in their life that they have questions about.

One thing that has gotten old is the theory that this entire board that remains is a Chris worshipper, and that is the moniker it is being given.
That is an accusation that a lot of people that remain here are sheep.
I was never a worshipper of anyone - I just do my own thing, hang with people I like, and go to places that are comfortable to me.
I disagree on the worshipper thing - I just feel more comfortable here than walking into a pack of wolves that is only in existence to tear someone, or something apart. It's just not my mentality to join the pack. I choose to affiliate with some here - others, not as much, but I'm still willing to help out where I can.

And I imagine I will now be torn apart and analyzed by the wolf pack.:leaving:
No chit Tim. It's kind of funny though, having been around long enough to know the past agendas. None of the forum nonsense happens in a vaccum. There's no "random" googletruth campaigns. They are all part and parcel of old agendas and manipulation by people who are not happy unless they are screwing with someone else. Then, anybody with an old agenda (he once said something that I didn't like, etc.) shows up and takes a shot while it's "safe."
What is amazing to see is how many people chose to go underground and off the forums rather than be cyberstalked. The real eye opener for me was when I stopped getting involved in the nonsense, realizing that nobody wins an internet pizzing contest; and saw how absolutely stupid people look when they chime into situations that have nothing to do with them. A relatively small group of people taught the rest of the forums how NOT to act this year, so all in all... maybe things are better for it. The amount of googling that was done to get dirt on anybody who didn't fall in line was shocking. And after a while.... bogus information became accepted as fact by anybody with an old agenda and a willingness to believe.
This isn't an oso or sos thing. It's a matter of personal choices about what lines you are willing to cross to achieve a perceived "win" in the forum wars. Most of us won't cross many of those lines. A very few of us will employ any means necessary, civilian casualties (and the truth) be dammed.

Bgchuby01
12-18-2010, 12:57 PM
to watch how commanche and catastrophe can dig up information about certain people and information makes me wonder. On oso a month ago commanche posted information that no one would know unless you were law enforcement or part of the problem. I knew about it because my attorney told me about it before he posted it. Yet he goes on there and just rambles away and other people just follow right along like little sheep. On a different subject, Watching how people are raking CS over the coals just makes me feel for chris, For the last three years people on OSO have been having fun with me at my expense and because of the computer there is nothing I can do about it. Chris is going through the same thing. I don't care if he did something wrong or not, he has always been nice to me and vice versa. I look forward to this site getting more active little by little.

Bgchuby01
12-18-2010, 01:02 PM
what we need to do here is have someone (I don't know how to) start a facebook fan club for haters of OSO. Just a thought

Bobcat
12-18-2010, 01:14 PM
The funny part is the "CLOKESUCKERS" spend more time on SOS digging for dirt than I do !!!:rofl::rofl:

fund razor
12-18-2010, 01:33 PM
I have no interest in bashing oso. There are only a few people who have promises to keep regarding the destruction of this site. The rest of us are clean of it... on both forums. We should not make it a bigger thing than a few people who crave the drama. Just my opinion.
I like my neighborhood. I like my old neighborhood. I have friends in both. And of course, a couple problematic folks. I don't blame the neighborhood. Individuals own their actions and posts, groups of people do not. Nothing to hate except the actions of a few.

fund razor
12-18-2010, 01:54 PM
I just have one last thought and then have to get going. I have found that the forums I enjoy the most prohibit personal attacks in a way that the perf boat forums have failed to match. I think that personal attacks are an epidemic on offshore forums and one of the ways that we might differentiate ourselves would be to find ways to keep it to a minimum, even when we support a given agenda. That is something that might stand as a difference. I think that most people have long since become nausiated by the personal attacks and the back and forth. They are looking for fun, accurate, interesting content. And those are the people I'd like to attract.

Happy Holidays.

Bgchuby01
12-18-2010, 07:32 PM
AMEN

Bgchuby01
12-23-2010, 01:59 AM
Looks like Heather aka speedgirl is busy on OSO. My buddy comanche3six copied a post I made from this thread and put it over on oso under the cardshark thread. Looks like she took the reply out since it did not make her buddy steve or anyone else from that site look good. What ever happened to the 1st amendment? She or someone there did not like that I wrote that Jeff Chang was the inventer of OSO and not her beloved steve.

Gordo
12-23-2010, 10:45 AM
? I thought everyone knew that Jeff started OSO?

Bgchuby01
12-23-2010, 03:41 PM
Some do and some don't, on OSO the majority think steve shuble created and ran it. He bought it already up and running from Jeffrey Chang. I used to stay at a house on the weekends up in lake havasu with my family and a girl named michelle (rivergirl) was there typing the code to create the site for Jeff. It was mainly a southern calif site at the beginning and grew from there. After Jeff sold the site to Steve it was moved to southern florida where it grew by leaps and bounds. I have met numerous good people on that site over the years. When I had my problems with cardshark steve took it personal and thats where the beginning of the end started. Until cardshark I was the go to guy to move most boats for members from 16ft whalers to 50ft cats and v bottoms. I was a very outspoken person on there when someone would list a boat to move and someone else would offer to move the boat for less money due to the fact that their costs were less since I used a peterbilt to move them verse a pickup truck. As you know steve has moved on selling the site and I guess managing his families real estate holding.

speedthriller
12-23-2010, 06:07 PM
Its a different world over there for sure...there is an unnamed group of people there who seems to stir it up and like to pat each others backs, stroke each others ego, and give 100% verified bogus information to each other... reminds me of a pack of strange dogs smelling each others asses to get to know one another...

then there are some really good people over there who are just great people and would do anything to help you, no matter who you are....they are usually the quiet ones who have very little interaction with others....I assume they dont want their ass sniffed by the others, but thats just an assumption...

I've learned there is an ass for every seat in this world, and I like my seat right here...but to each his own..

You know it's funny because I went on that site a few times just to see if I even wanted to join but after looking at some of the threads and the way people act exactly how your describing I made the clear choice to join here instead. I'm glad I joined this site seems like a great one and looking forward to it. Seemed to me like there was a group of people over there who would get together and just attack individuals on that site. I'll leave it at that because I don't like to stir things up but anyways just wanted to say that Im looking forward to learning as much as I possible can from this site seems like there's a lot of knowledgable people on here!

Buoy
12-23-2010, 10:08 PM
You know it's funny because I went on that site a few times just to see if I even wanted to join but after looking at some of the threads and the way people act exactly how your describing I made the clear choice to join here instead. I'm glad I joined this site seems like a great one and looking forward to it. Seemed to me like there was a group of people over there who would get together and just attack individuals on that site. I'll leave it at that because I don't like to stir things up but anyways just wanted to say that Im looking forward to learning as much as I possible can from this site seems like there's a lot of knowledgable people on here!

Welcome to Serious!
OSO always found OSO to be a bit intimidating to new members. I lurked on that site for at least a year before joining back ~2001. The site was MUCH smaller back then. Since they grew, a lot of the newer members saw that intimidation was a way to be accepted on that site, and some played (and continue to play) that intimidation mentality.
When IB took over OSO, it went to hell for a while, and this place was created. From what I understand OSO has gotten better as far as the operation. I don't know, I just decided to stay here - this is where a lot of the other members that I always enjoyed interacting with have stayed. A few have left "Internet boating" all together, and some have gone back to OSO.
It's all fine by me, but if I choose to interact at all, it's here.
Anyway, welcome to Serious!

poncho
01-15-2011, 12:52 AM
I decided to check out another site! Wow one of the moderators has a website that she will do nude/dirty pictures and stuff for a paypal donation!!!! Support the single mom or something. This Womens signature:

Bad Girls Make Good Company

Makes me wonder what else they do for money! I don't want to be on a site that lets escorts advertise!!!!!! :eek:

Buoy
01-15-2011, 01:24 AM
I decided to check out another site! Wow one of the moderators has a website that she will do nude/dirty pictures and stuff for a paypal donation!!!! Support the single mom or something. This Womens signature:

Makes me wonder what else they do for money! I don't want to be on a site that lets escorts advertise!!!!!! :eek:

She's a nice gal just trying to make a couple bucks on the side. She likes to hang out on offshore boats.
She's not an escort (that I know of).
A lot of people know her and think she's great.
Send her the Paypal $10 bucks or whatever she's asking, and you'll see pictures of a nice azz for a middle age girl.

Ratickle
01-15-2011, 07:19 PM

Welcome, enjoy yourself.

Ratickle
01-15-2011, 07:21 PM
Send her the Paypal $10 bucks or whatever she's asking, and you'll see pictures of a nice azz for a middle age girl.

And how much have you sent???????:toetap05::toetap05::toetap05:

:sifone::sifone::sifone::sifone:

Buoy
01-15-2011, 07:38 PM
And how much have you sent???????:toetap05::toetap05::toetap05:

:sifone::sifone::sifone::sifone:

If I was looking for porn, there is much better out there for free...

Shooter
01-16-2011, 02:58 PM
She's a nice gal just trying to make a couple bucks on the side. She likes to hang out on offshore boats.
She's not an escort (that I know of).
A lot of people know her and think she's great.

You guys will probably think there is something wrong with me...I am too old fashioned or something, but I really dont give a crap about some other womans @ZZ...no matter how it looks. I am devoted to one @ZZ and it is located on my 57 year old wife...no store-bought parts...just good natural equipment.

Buoy
01-16-2011, 03:06 PM
Nope, you're not crazy at all.
I, like yourself, am a very happily married guy. I don't really go looking around either, and just don't have much interest in any lady other than my wife.

Ratickle
11-27-2011, 09:42 AM
If I was looking for porn, there is much better out there for free...

That's a heck of an understatement......

sweet addiction
11-29-2011, 09:47 PM
I went back to OSO during the summer while I was boat shopping. For some reason got stuck on it. So I purcashed my current Formula 312 and there is lots of info out there. Lets take for instance a thread speaking of www.superbrightLEDs.com. So I know the guys put them in their boat. They said so. I tried to ask questions about LED lights and no one would ever respond. Not even a PM?? I was like WTF! At least write back if I sent you a message. So I am totally over it now but I have probably spent twice what I should have trying to figure out bulbs. I asked all kinds of questions regarding stereo work, powder coating, and never one reply. I am figuring it all out on my own now but thats not the point. Have a little respect.

Jared.

Ratickle
11-29-2011, 11:46 PM
I tried to answer what I could......

sweet addiction
11-30-2011, 11:54 PM
Thank you for the help! In the end finding that one blowers switch was a lost cause. Its going to look cool with these others! Pics coming soon.

old377guy
12-01-2011, 08:50 PM
and we look forward to seeing those pix

fund razor
12-01-2011, 08:53 PM
I enjoy trying to help when I can. So many people have helped me over the years.

BDARCHER
12-26-2011, 10:11 PM
It looks good to me. Can I barrow 10 bucks to see more. :D:drool5:

Ratickle
12-27-2011, 08:43 PM
:sifone: