PDA

View Full Version : Any Musical Instruments???

BarChopper
06-01-2010, 02:12 PM
I figure this crowd might have some cool stuff.... Les Pauls, Martins...rare expensive collectables...lets see 'em. :sifone:

BarChopper
06-15-2010, 06:03 PM
Well this is obviously not a very musical group. LOL

Big Time
06-16-2010, 09:17 AM
I figure this crowd might have some cool stuff.... Les Pauls, Martins...rare expensive collectables...lets see 'em. :sifone:

The only reason I know what a Les Pauls is is because I saw it on an episode of Pawn Stars. :)

I never got into the music thing. In forth grade I quit playing the violin half way through the year. My music teacher Mr. Andrew's was a complete d*ck to me after that. About 10 years ago I saw him in a bar and almost punched him in the face, but he already looked like hell :sifone:. During middle school I was "required" to either play an instrument (band or orchestra) or be in choir, but I refused to do both. For 4 years they didn't know what to do with me so they gave me a free period when all my other peers had choir or band practice (unitl 2 of my buddies joined me:)). It just wasn't my thing as a kid.

But I have to imagine that there are SOS members more well rounded then myself...

DAREDEVIL
06-16-2010, 09:35 AM
Well this is obviously not a very musical group. LOL

U know , its kind of hard to play an instrument while boating !!!!!:sifone:
So if most of us want music we turn on the CD player and have some kickers boom a long !!!!:sifone:

BarChopper
06-16-2010, 03:43 PM
Well we will have to start a SOS "Get Yourself Some FREAKIN Culture" winter camp, so this group can get a bit more rounded. What an embarrassment!! Stecz can you get that together please??

Bobcat
06-16-2010, 05:26 PM
We had an old thread about this, Fund Razor is an accomplished drummer, Buoy plays guitar, I had a BASS for about a year but I was told I played like my fingers were taped together. Stecz has a lovely falsetto voice.......We should start a band.:sifone:

fund razor
06-16-2010, 05:54 PM
Well we will have to start a SOS "Get Yourself Some FREAKIN Culture" winter camp, so this group can get a bit more rounded. What an embarrassment!! Stecz can you get that together please??

Maybe we can have a camp that explains why people don't jump right up when an anonymous stranger on the internet asks them to post information about their "rare, expensive collectibles."
Then we can cover alarm codes and vacation plans. :)

Slandrew
06-16-2010, 09:59 PM
I still have 1968 Ludwig Standered red swirl,Late model full set of pearl & other sets my son now has can't find my pictures right now but will post:confused:

BarChopper
06-17-2010, 06:40 PM
Stecz doing Falsetto versions of tunes for a whole set at some drinking hole... who wouldn't want to see that??LOL

Fund Razor... that would be a horrible thing. Maybe we should limit things to musical instruments under 10grand only.
So those of you who have been debating about sharing the image of the family stradivarius, please refrain as we don't want any uninvited guests showing up while you are in Monte Carlo. :-)

Slandrew the 68 Ludwig set sounds cool...can't wait to see it.

fund razor
06-17-2010, 07:08 PM
In my neighborhood. They'll steal the "Aria." :D

The camp may still be needed.

Let's say under $500. I have a set of Mackie monitors.

I have a set of Sonors and my kid has a set of 1960's Sonors. She wanted a car. I wanted 1960s Sonors. She got the drums instead. :D

But she doesn't travel, so it's cool.:cool:

Slandrew
06-29-2010, 10:15 PM
Cell phone picture:)

Slandrew
06-30-2010, 08:21 AM
Cell phone picture:)I'll find some more pictures of the old Ludwigs:seeya:

Slandrew
07-03-2010, 10:05 PM
:USA:

PARADOX
07-04-2010, 02:26 PM
I have a 40+ year old SEVEN stringged guitar, with an electric pick up.
Yup.. 7 string. Can't even find anyone to tune it. Elton John offerd to buy it from me once, I declined. Still got it. Wonder how much it worth.? I will post pic later.

BarChopper
07-06-2010, 02:36 PM
Seven Strings?? Is the seventh string set up right next to the low E? Like a twelve string... For an octave type set up. Taylor guitars is offering an 8 string like that these days. I never played one but I guess it would allow some full sounding strumming, and still give you the ability for running leads on the higher strings.

anyway.... Can't wait to see it. Sounds cool.

BarChopper
07-06-2010, 02:41 PM
Cool looking kit!!!!

Brad
07-06-2010, 04:07 PM
I have a 40+ year old SEVEN stringged guitar, with an electric pick up.
Yup.. 7 string. Can't even find anyone to tune it. Elton John offerd to buy it from me once, I declined. Still got it. Wonder how much it worth.? I will post pic later.http://www.ehow.com/how_4794248_tune-string-guitar.html
tells you how to tune a 7 string.

BarChopper
07-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Thanks... interesting. So the high E is tuned to B as well. I wonder what this does to Chord shapes. (shapes that would occur in standard tuning) You could of course tune it to an open tuning and avoid any difficulty there.

VERY COOL

What make is that 7 string PARADOX??

sy goldberg
07-26-2010, 04:12 PM
I know this will come as a surprise to most,but our agency is one of the largest insurors of high dollar string instruments in the world.

Awaken
07-26-2010, 04:47 PM
I was mostly into keyboards - think ELP, Genesis, Yes and Rush. Don't play too much these days, but my son is an excellent guitarist (Electric, Accoustic and Bass) / vocalist and plays at some of the local watering holes in Maryland. Even played after a CBPBA membership meeting.

Here are some pics of my tools (Hammond C3 w/ 2 leslies, Vox Continental w/ 1 leslie, Roland digital piano, roland synth, roland drum pad and of course you can't play rush with out a set of Moog bass pedals).

phragle
07-26-2010, 04:54 PM
I used to bang pots and pans as a kid, though I haven't played in years...

http://www.coolthings.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/mix_stix1.jpg

Bobcat
07-26-2010, 05:32 PM
I used to bang the chubby girls at closing time....:smash:

Blue Oval
07-26-2010, 05:52 PM
I have AC/DC rock band, blew the speakers on my home sterio and broke the drum set.

Big Time
07-28-2010, 03:21 PM
I used to bang the chubby girls at closing time....:smash:

Used to...?:sifone:

Bobcat
07-28-2010, 03:36 PM
Used to...?:sifone:

I can't stay up that late anymore:(

BarChopper
08-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Awaken.... DAMN that is BAD ASS!!! What Leslie cabinets do you have?? I have a 870 90 watt Solid State with the 15 inch woofer, and the rolling bottom, black covering. I also have a Leslie pre amp pedal to run the 9 pin. Wish I had a TUBE amp leslie but maybe later.

drpete3
08-04-2010, 02:24 PM
Me singing and my brother on the drums. Step brother

Awaken
08-05-2010, 09:39 AM
Bar Chopper - I have a 122 (spinning horn on top and a down facing speaker on botton with spinning drum) connected to my C-3. I also have a 125 (use it as an "echo" for the C-3). My farfisa and synth are hooked up to a pre-amp and a Leslie 828. My son has played his electric guitar through the 828 and it creates some unique sounds!

This is my son playing at a fund raiser for his school;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt6_8TgDPgc&feature=channel

drpete3
08-05-2010, 10:20 AM
Bar Chopper - I have a 122 (spinning horn on top and a down facing speaker on botton with spinning drum) connected to my C-3. I also have a 125 (use it as an "echo" for the C-3). My farfisa and synth are hooked up to a pre-amp and a Leslie 828. My son has played his electric guitar through the 828 and it creates some unique sounds!

This is my son playing at a fund raiser for his school;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt6_8TgDPgc&feature=channelI really liked the "Imagine" cover. Thanks for sharing the link

BarChopper
08-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Awaken... Love the guitar through Leslies. Joe Walsh, CSNY, Lennon... all big fans of that effect. :-) Nice when you have those Pre-amp pedals so you can do that. I would say you have a keyboard, and amp problem. LOL

Your son sounds great. What kind of Acoustic is that?? A Breedlove??

I have a Sequential Circuits 6 track. One of the first. I had it updated a couple years back with some modern MIDI software....Neat machine. Arpeggiator, sequencer, with all of the Ossilators, and stuff from the Moog boards. ( I would rather have an ARP, or Moog of course) but a it is a nice vintage peice I got to use out live quite a few times.

Awaken
08-13-2010, 03:45 PM
The one he is playing in "trains" and "normal" is an Ibanez "artwood" series.

http://www.ibanez.com/AcousticGuitars/model-AW35RECENT

The one in the other three videos is also his and is also an Ibanez

http://www.ibanez.com/AcousticGuitars/Series-v

He also has an electric Ibanez but is looking to upgrade to a PRS in the near future.

Speaking of Guitars - I have a Gibson Epiphone signed by Steve Hackett (of Genesis fame) and an old beatle Vox amp.

mdkeywest
08-16-2010, 05:41 PM
Heres my les paul . Its 20 years old , not vintage but I kept it cuz it was the best of the litter . I have others ,i,ll dig ,em out, there here somewhere .

BarChopper
08-17-2010, 05:40 PM
Sweet... Les Pauls are awesome. Just owning one must be cool. :-) Standard I see. They are making all sorts of crazy reissues now. Some with P-90 pick-ups in them.

Are both those Acoustics Alvarez's??

mdkeywest
08-17-2010, 05:55 PM
Sweet... Les Pauls are awesome. Just owning one must be cool. :-) Standard I see. They are making all sorts of crazy reissues now. Some with P-90 pick-ups in them.

Are both those Acoustics Alvarez's??

Yes one 6 one 12 Theyll surprise you the quality and sound ..I layer them together and then usually use my kramer to fill in the good stuff .

Never liked the p-90,s . I have candy strat for that stuff.

BarChopper
08-17-2010, 06:07 PM
Pic 1 My Gibson J45
Pic 2 My buddys bass collection.. he has a bass probem. LOL. The Fender in his hand is the Geddy Lee Jazz LTD.
Pic 3 My Takamine Rare Wood Dread Cutaway.

mdkeywest
08-17-2010, 06:56 PM
My daughter plays bass .She loves the geddy lees . And old aluminum neck kramers .
The j-45 is sweet .

mdkeywest
08-24-2010, 08:01 PM
Chop here s a couple more .

I know you like les pauls .Heres a 61 sg lespaul reissue 1980,s something .it lokks like new .

A candy american standard strat . It plays so good , the neck radius is so compound ,you can be half asleep and still get no fret buzz LOL :drool5:

BarChopper
08-25-2010, 07:14 PM
GREAT PICS!!

1) One of my Favorite SG pics... Eric Bloom with an SG that has a Bigsby on it.

2) Les Paul pic... why is Plant holding the guitar??? :-)

BarChopper
08-25-2010, 07:18 PM
A pic of me and the Rolonad Combo.....I have a Sequential Pic somewhere I will have to dig one up.

mdkeywest
08-25-2010, 07:40 PM
GREAT PICS!!

1) One of my Favorite SG pics... Eric Bloom with an SG that has a Bigsby on it.

2) Les Paul pic... why is Plant holding the guitar??? :-)

After floyd rose ,bill Bigsby ?? LOL Cool guitar any way .

The robert plant photo , is with a custom , Page did not like them .
He was a single coil guy , even his famed 59 ,had the humbuckers split ,look under the pickgaurd youll see two knobs to switch ,
( before push pull knobs )

This is fun . gotta be more boat guys with axes

Lakeside
08-30-2010, 09:12 AM
A few of my guitars...Also have a keyboard ..J

BarChopper
08-31-2010, 06:07 PM
I don't think that is a custom Les Paul... I think it is a Standard. There is no scrolling on the headstock. I can't blow up the picture enough to be certain by the truss cover. But the headstock is clean.

I knew there was a bunch a musician boaters around here. :-)

see, we do have culture... LOL

BarChopper
08-31-2010, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the Git-Fiddle posts Lakeside

mdkeywest
09-02-2010, 01:31 PM
I don't think that is a custom Les Paul... I think it is a Standard. There is no scrolling on the headstock. I can't blow up the picture enough to be certain by the truss cover. But the headstock is clean.

I knew there was a bunch a musician boaters around here. :-)

see, we do have culture... LOL

You are correct . No binding on the head stock ,and no diamond inlay
I thought I saw block pearl on the frets after closer look they are crown:o

Slandrew
09-04-2010, 06:40 AM
:)

BarChopper
09-09-2010, 07:47 PM
My buddy brought this to practice Tuesday... sorry it is a pic from my phone. His 71 SG CUSTOM. BAD AZZ Fiddle!! :-)

mdkeywest
09-10-2010, 09:36 AM
Thats cool . Three Humbuckers ! Now thats Power . :D

BarChopper
09-16-2010, 03:39 PM
I was in INDY yesterday at a Entertainment EXPO. Had a conversation with a young lady who played the Violin. This is her 1810....yes I said 1810 violin, with a baroque scale on it. She has owned and played it for the last 20 years. If this thing could talk aye??

mdkeywest
09-23-2010, 10:17 PM
Hey ,B.C. I was goofin off today bored , ( rainin ) So I was cleaning some of my axes .
I jumped into my 61 sg re-issue ( 1990 model ) When I pulled the P U covers to clean under neath I found an unusual site for me anyway .

The backs of the pic ups always said " pat applied for " Or the actual # Seth lover recieved( but did not put on for his own reasons )

Never the less . I have never seen this on the back of a gibson p u .!
Is this the norm from 1990 ?.
I admit I own mostly pre 80,s axes .

BarChopper
09-28-2010, 04:03 PM
I will pass this along to my buddy and see what he has to say.

I do NOT know the answer to that.

......hold please..... :-)

Slandrew
12-04-2010, 06:59 PM
I wish boats aged as nice as these ludwigs after 43 yrs:huh: