PDA

View Full Version : lose forward bravo i drive????

bajabob 718
05-31-2010, 09:45 PM
got rev. no forward:willy_nilly:

MOBILEMERCMAN
05-31-2010, 11:26 PM
Check your magnets and shift cable.. See if it will shift when you take it off.

bajabob 718
06-01-2010, 08:43 AM
i took the cable off it is not that. i took the top plate and side plate off the slider lift the top gear but the bottom gear will not move ??

fixxxer22
06-01-2010, 09:42 AM
sounds like you blew a floor out. you need another drive bud? you are pushing alot of power to it. i have heard of the RH drives doing this. a gearset can cost almost as much as a drive somethimes though.

DAREDEVIL
06-01-2010, 09:52 AM
sounds like you blew a floor out. you need another drive bud? you are pushing alot of power to it. i have heard of the RH drives doing this. a gearset can cost almost as much as a drive somethimes though.

If it was a LH he would of blown the top out !!:eek:

fixxxer22
06-01-2010, 10:17 AM
If it was a LH he would of blown the top out !!:eek:

yeah, thats what i heard... the RH uses the lower gear for foreward and pushes beneath. the LH force is exerted on the top gear when in foreward. sooo scott do you agree with the floor being blown out of the lower gear?

DAREDEVIL
06-01-2010, 11:39 AM
yeah, thats what i heard... the RH uses the lower gear for foreward and pushes beneath. the LH force is exerted on the top gear when in foreward. sooo scott do you agree with the floor being blown out of the lower gear?

:iagree:, if everything is shifting then i don't think it could be anything else !?

fixxxer22
06-01-2010, 11:43 AM
:iagree:, if everything is shifting then i don't think it could be anything else !?

Don't you exclamation point question mark me! :boxing_smiley::sifone:

DAREDEVIL
06-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Don't you exclamation point question mark me! :boxing_smiley::sifone:

sorry...lol :willy_nilly:

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-01-2010, 01:30 PM
i took the cable off it is not that. i took the top plate and side plate off the slider lift the top gear but the bottom gear will not move ??

Did you take the drive off and try to shift?.. If the lower cable is toast it will not move the internal linkage enough for proper shifting.
The drive has to come off either way to fix what ever problem you have.

bajabob 718
06-01-2010, 08:21 PM
sounds like you blew a floor out. you need another drive bud? you are pushing alot of power to it. i have heard of the RH drives doing this. a gearset can cost almost as much as a drive somethimes though.is that a easy fix???? does that go when you are taking off . i go 3000rpm then let it plane i have over 1500hours on it

fixxxer22
06-02-2010, 12:37 PM
you need a gearset. those can be pricy. you could find used. But i chose not to tackle it in my drive. i have setup many gearsets in vehicles and i understand how critical correct tools and measurements are to the longevity of the gearset. so without special tools i just bought a new drive. I still have my 1.36 drive sitting on a stand in my closet. if you like the 1.36 this one is in great working order and had the fluid changed about every other oil change. i was real easy on it. i just got another 1.5 drive that i am going to keep for a spare sooo you could possibly take this one off my hands. and i will break the drive down if you would just like the upper. best price i ever found on gears were a used set for $500.00 i have seen 1.36 gears for as low as 150.00 but also used.

bajabob 718
06-02-2010, 01:55 PM
you need a gearset. those can be pricy. you could find used. But i chose not to tackle it in my drive. i have setup many gearsets in vehicles and i understand how critical correct tools and measurements are to the longevity of the gearset. so without special tools i just bought a new drive. I still have my 1.36 drive sitting on a stand in my closet. if you like the 1.36 this one is in great working order and had the fluid changed about every other oil change. i was real easy on it. i just got another 1.5 drive that i am going to keep for a spare sooo you could possibly take this one off my hands. and i will break the drive down if you would just like the upper. best price i ever found on gears were a used set for $500.00 i have seen 1.36 gears for as low as 150.00 but also used.i email you about the upperdrive???

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-02-2010, 01:57 PM
is that a easy fix???? does that go when you are taking off . i go 3000rpm then let it plane i have over 1500hours on it

If the upper drive failed you will likely have between 3 and 4k in it by the time you clean up the lower and replace bearings and seals as needed. That is assuming the case is good.

Easy....for someone who has all the tools and some available time.

bajabob 718
06-02-2010, 02:11 PM
the forward gear went and it all fixi am installing friday

DAREDEVIL
06-02-2010, 02:11 PM
I have some XR gears, but i think they don't fit ....Jim, u need some 1:36 XR's ( gears , 2 sets ) ????? Oh, CHEAP !!!!

bajabob 718
06-08-2010, 09:14 PM
ther center of the gear broke