PDA

View Full Version : Formula Returns to Offshore

F1-00 Racing
05-27-2010, 10:01 PM
In 1962, Don Aronow had a vision; create and manufacture the premier performance boat. His first endeavor became known as Formula Powerboats and he built the 233 Deep-V which later earned notable victories in the national offshore racing circuit. While Don had moved on to grow and sell several high performance companies, the Formula tradition continues on with his original vision. The Porter family has kept the legend alive by continuing to strive for performance perfection, something that Don would be proud of today. In addition to the current Fas3tech line of boats, Formula also offers Bowriders, Sun Sports, Super Sports, Cruisers, and Yachts to meet the needs and desires of every boating enthusiast.

Ted Porter, vice president of Formula Powerboats, is proud to announce the formation of a new team to compete on the Offshore Powerboat Association Series presented by GEICO. After consulting with Ray Pusillo of ‘Affiliated Resources’ a powerboat racing promotions and sponsorship agency, the concept of getting Formula Boats back in the mix was conceived, Ray proposed that TnT Racing, is the best candidate for the new alliance.

This new team, named “Formulaboats.com”, will utilize the 382 Formula Fas3tech, which has several national and world titles on its resume. Tabbed to be in the cockpit are Scott O’Connor of Bradenton, FL and Trent Weyant of Palm Coast, FL. both from TnT Racing. In addition to the resume of the 382 Formula Fas3tech, Scott and Trent bring several national and world titles to the team as well as achieving the first ever Triple Crown, obtained by winning the Florida, National, and World Championship in the same season.

Ted, also the president of Precision Performance Engineering (PPE), is joining forces with Trent Weyant and TnT Racing, adding the offshore team to compliment his highly successful U-5 and U-7 H1 Unlimited Hydroplane teams. Highlights include winning the 2006 ABRA National High Points Championship and the 2009 Oryx Cup UIM World Championship.

Everyone involved is looking forward to showcasing the Fas3tech technology as well as continue the winning tradition and add to the legacy of Formula Powerboats.

For more information about Formula Powerboats go to www.Formulaboats.com (http://www.formulaboats.com) . You can also follow the “Formulaboats.com” Offshore Race Team at www.tntoffshore.com (http://www.tntoffshore.com)
and the H1 Unlimited “Formulaboats.com” team at www.u5racing.com (http://www.u5racing.com)

DAREDEVIL
05-27-2010, 10:37 PM
In 1962, Don Aronow had a vision; create and manufacture the premier performance boat. His first endeavor became known as Formula Powerboats and he built the 233 Deep-V which later earned notable victories in the national offshore racing circuit. While Don had moved on to grow and sell several high performance companies, the Formula tradition continues on with his original vision. The Porter family has kept the legend alive by continuing to strive for performance perfection, something that Don would be proud of today. In addition to the current Fas3tech line of boats, Formula also offers Bowriders, Sun Sports, Super Sports, Cruisers, and Yachts to meet the needs and desires of every boating enthusiast.

Ted Porter, vice president of Formula Powerboats, is proud to announce the formation of a new team to compete on the Offshore Powerboat Association Series presented by GEICO. After consulting with Ray Pusillo of ‘Affiliated Resources’ a powerboat racing promotions and sponsorship agency, the concept of getting Formula Boats back in the mix was conceived, Ray proposed that TnT Racing, is the best candidate for the new alliance.

This new team, named “Formulaboats.com”, will utilize the 382 Formula Fas3tech, which has several national and world titles on its resume. Tabbed to be in the cockpit are Scott O’Connor of Bradenton, FL and Trent Weyant of Palm Coast, FL. both from TnT Racing. In addition to the resume of the 382 Formula Fas3tech, Scott and Trent bring several national and world titles to the team as well as achieving the first ever Triple Crown, obtained by winning the Florida, National, and World Championship in the same season.

Ted, also the president of Precision Performance Engineering (PPE), is joining forces with Trent Weyant and TnT Racing, adding the offshore team to compliment his highly successful U-5 and U-7 H1 Unlimited Hydroplane teams. Highlights include winning the 2006 ABRA National High Points Championship and the 2009 Oryx Cup UIM World Championship.

Everyone involved is looking forward to showcasing the Fas3tech technology as well as continue the winning tradition and add to the legacy of Formula Powerboats.

For more information about Formula Powerboats go to www.Formulaboats.com (http://www.formulaboats.com) . You can also follow the “Formulaboats.com” Offshore Race Team at www.tntoffshore.com (http://www.tntoffshore.com)
and the H1 Unlimited “Formulaboats.com” team at www.u5racing.com (http://www.u5racing.com)

mmmmmhhhhh,,,,,did u go from fountain to formula now ??:confused:

rchevelle71
05-28-2010, 07:59 AM

Trent,

first of all, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! and GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!I know you have worked you azz off for this:cheers2:

Call me when you get a chance, you know whatever you need(in Florida at least), i'll do my best to help out:driving:

Rick

Bodyshot1
05-28-2010, 08:53 AM
Congrats all...382 F2's were bad azz...

Bilgerat
05-28-2010, 09:00 AM
And this is the boat that is going to be beating Simmons this year??

Wahoo 214
05-28-2010, 09:32 AM
Congrats! That is great for you, the sport, OPA and Formula.

Is it Hatcher's former boat?

MikeyFIN
05-28-2010, 09:53 AM
Way to go Trent ;)
Was definitely worth the wait despite what someone says.

In racing you can never be brand loyal is a saying I heard quoted many times...
Like Enzo Ferrari said...every winning car is beautiful.

DAREDEVIL
05-28-2010, 10:17 AM
Stupid people never change their adithude...but my post ,that i deleted was not ment in a bad way !!

Be safe Trent !:USA:

rchevelle71
05-28-2010, 11:27 AM
Just spoke with Trent, but one of our phones cut out halfway thru the conversation, i am pretty sure this is the boat.

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/photoGallery.jsp?slim=quick&currency=USD&units=Feet&seo=0&checked_boats=1831225&boat_id=1831225&back=/core/boats/2001/Formula-Fastech-382-Factory-2-Race-Boat-1831225/Ft.-Myers/FL/United-States&boat_id=1831225

rchevelle71
05-28-2010, 11:29 AM
pics

F1-00 Racing
05-28-2010, 12:19 PM
Just spoke with Trent, but one of our phones cut out halfway thru the conversation, i am pretty sure this is the boat.

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/photoGallery.jsp?slim=quick&currency=USD&units=Feet&seo=0&checked_boats=1831225&boat_id=1831225&back=/core/boats/2001/Formula-Fastech-382-Factory-2-Race-Boat-1831225/Ft.-Myers/FL/United-States&boat_id=1831225

I apologize Rick, it was me, I keep seeing that a particular cell company promises that 97% of the country is covered by their service, but I seem to always find that 3% area:willy_nilly:

The guys are over at the shop now working feverishly getting it ready so we can make the midnight run up to Ocean City. Shouldnt be that much longer!!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and also a huge thanks to Ted Porter and Formula Powerboats for this wonderful opportunity!!

Trent

rchevelle71
05-28-2010, 12:37 PM
I apologize Rick, it was me, I keep seeing that a particular cell company promises that 97% of the country is covered by their service, but I seem to always find that 3% area:willy_nilly:

The guys are over at the shop now working feverishly getting it ready so we can make the midnight run up to Ocean City. Shouldnt be that much longer!!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and also a huge thanks to Ted Porter and Formula Powerboats for this wonderful opportunity!!

Trent

No problem Trent,

If I didnt have family at the house this weekend, I would cut out of work now, and ride up north with ya. See you in Miami:driving:

Rick

AugiePensa
05-28-2010, 04:27 PM
Very Nice Trent. Now get yer A$$ up here!

rchevelle71
05-28-2010, 08:47 PM
Very Nice Trent. Now get yer A$$ up here!

Augie,

Trent just sent me a pic on my cell of his truck hooked up to it, I assume they are leaving now, you should see them tomorrow. Are you gonna be in SIB?

Rick

DAREDEVIL
05-28-2010, 08:50 PM
Augie,

Trent just sent me a pic on my cell of his truck hooked up to it, I assume they are leaving now, you should see them tomorrow. Are you gonna be in SIB?

Rick

He better be, or i have concrete shoes for the godfather !!!!!! :eek::seeya::sifone:

POWERPLAY33
05-29-2010, 02:33 AM
Congrats! That is great for you, the sport, OPA and Formula.

Is it Hatcher's former boat?

Hatcher brothers boat was a 353...

DAREDEVIL
05-30-2010, 12:53 PM
Formula racing DNF ??????? :eek:

can anybody confirm this ??:sifone:

rchevelle71
05-30-2010, 10:59 PM
Formula racing DNF ??????? :eek:

can anybody confirm this ??:sifone:

I will make the call in the AM, had the in-laws over for the day, just kicked them out now.

Pete B
05-30-2010, 11:42 PM

The boat in the pic is the hatchers old boat. it has been in one of our shops for a couple of years now. they also had a 41.

rchevelle71
05-31-2010, 08:58 AM
The boat in the pic is the hatchers old boat. it has been in one of our shops for a couple of years now. they also had a 41.

What pic?

Pete B
05-31-2010, 09:30 AM
yours

Wahoo 214
05-31-2010, 07:13 PM

No it is not

MOBILEMERCMAN
05-31-2010, 11:38 PM
No it is not

In the pix posted it shows 2003 APBA World Champions.. I took second place to the Hatchers in that boat in Orange beach that year. Their 1st and 3rd place beat our 2nd and 2nd by one point.

Wahoo 214
06-01-2010, 09:33 AM
Yes that was the best that Team/Boat ever ran. Mike the Crew Chief/ Mechanic for that year put alot of time in it.

Bilgerat
06-03-2010, 03:57 PM
TRENT what happened this past weekend?? Guess the Simmonsnator didn't make it either?? When and where will this battle take place??

F1-00 Racing
06-03-2010, 07:41 PM
Jason,

No excuses, had a $23.49 part fail and I pulled the plug. Its a long season and with what I was presented, just getting there ended up being being a huge victory for us. (Keeping in mind the deal was finalized Thurs night and I wasnt able to get the boat until Fri afternoon) Now remember, you asked for someone to step up and give Simmons a race, I told you I would, I did not guarantee anything, in fact the only thing I will promise is that Jim might win every time, but at the end of the race, everyone will know that he had to earn it.I have tremendous respect for the Simmons race team, in fact I told him in OC "If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best" Simmons Racing has proven for the past couple of years that they are the team to beat.

On a side note, I did win the battle back to the pits and the washdown area:willy_nilly:

Trent

rchevelle71
06-04-2010, 10:10 AM
Jason,

No excuses, had a $23.49 part fail and I pulled the plug. Its a long season and with what I was presented, just getting there ended up being being a huge victory for us. (Keeping in mind the deal was finalized Thurs night and I wasnt able to get the boat until Fri afternoon) Now remember, you asked for someone to step up and give Simmons a race, I told you I would, I did not guarantee anything, in fact the only thing I will promise is that Jim might win every time, but at the end of the race, everyone will know that he had to earn it.I have tremendous respect for the Simmons race team, in fact I told him in OC "If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best" Simmons Racing has proven for the past couple of years that they are the team to beat.

On a side note, I did win the battle back to the pits and the washdown area:willy_nilly:

Trent

Trent,

See you next Friday, Dont worry, we will get that boat to run, and give Simmons a run for their $$:driving::bump:

Rick

Bilgerat
06-04-2010, 02:12 PM
Trent,
That win to the washdown is a big one, Trust me i know all too well how Jim likes to clean that boat. Can't wait for a battle. Do you run any cameras on your boat? If so I'd love to see what you two come up with. Good Luck. Wish i was out there, but in due time.

F1-00 Racing
06-13-2010, 11:26 PM
Respectfully Mr Rutherford,

Three parties are fully aware of my whereabouts and they are Mr. Porter, Smitty, and my team. They are of aware of the reasoning and as I said above, respectfully, it is none of your business. I hope you had a great time worrying about my whereabouts, since now you have no program that you feel that you must down others, when in fact you have no clue, so go ahead make something up, I am sure you will call all your so-called friends and start some malicious rumor that will be so far away from the truth. Thats all you have done since last October, why change now?

DAREDEVIL
06-15-2010, 01:04 PM
LOL :rofl:

SKATIN
06-15-2010, 03:25 PM
LOL :rofl:

You just talk sh!t about everyone huh? Didn't see your boat at sunny isles...

DAREDEVIL
06-15-2010, 03:42 PM
You just talk sh!t about everyone huh? Didn't see your boat at sunny isles...

I never said i be there. like others did !
And since u don't know all the storys behind this BS then u should not coment on it !!

There is a lot more to the story ! LOL

F1-00 Racing
06-15-2010, 04:12 PM
There is a lot more to the story !

In which Mr Rutherford THINKS he knows, but at this point can only come up with lies about me and my team, cause his 15 minutes are up and he doesn't have a clue

Mr Rutherford, the door is down the hall and to the left, PLEASE EGRESS

SKATIN
06-15-2010, 04:18 PM
I never said i be there. like others did !
And since u don't know all the storys behind this BS then u should not coment on it !!

There is a lot more to the story ! LOL

My comment was not about this story I could care less... On every post nothing come out of your mouth but BS about other racers... Why? What did they do to hurt your feelings?

JPD MOTORSPORTS
06-16-2010, 12:45 AM
SKATIN

Simple, they race and he cries, thats what the other races did to him.....

gets old reading the junk and vendeta he is on to wreck anybody doing good in the sport.