PDA

View Full Version : Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon

Tony M
05-27-2010, 09:02 PM
1' waves just watch for the temps.

OBNOXUS
05-28-2010, 01:29 AM
Hell,,,,Hawk and I started tonight !!!!!!!

Shouldnt of gone home so early BZ,,,,,,Im gonna go pass out now !!!!!!

Ph hey Tony,,,,found your keys,,,,,dont ask me what I did with them cuz I dont remember,,,,,but I found them !!!!!!

Tony M
05-28-2010, 07:09 AM

Ph hey Tony,,,,found your keys,,,,,dont ask me what I did with them cuz I dont remember,,,,,but I found them !!!!!! Maybe you should check your pants pocket they just might have got lost with something else you play With! :ack2: :sifone:.

redhotsommer
05-28-2010, 07:30 AM
Ouch! That's two good ones in two weeks! Manzella is on FIRE!

You kids stay safe out there this weekend...we'll be holdin' it down on the southern tip. Party Cove, 85 degrees, are you under the influence?

Tony M
05-28-2010, 07:33 AM
1' waves just watch for the temps. Up dated 1' to 3' today Sat 1' to 2'. :driving:

Tony M
05-28-2010, 07:35 AM
Ouch! That's two good ones in two weeks! Manzella is on FIRE!

You kids stay safe out there this weekend...we'll be holdin' it down on the southern tip. Party Cove, 85 degrees, are you under the influence? Have a blast down south! :cheers2: :driving:.

B.Z.
05-28-2010, 09:35 AM

Ph hey Tony,,,,found your keys,,,,,dont ask me what I did with them cuz I dont remember,,,,,but I found them !!!!!!

I am glad I went home!!!! LOL so where is the party Sat...Sun...Mon???

B.Z.
05-28-2010, 12:50 PM
dosen't look bad!!!

Saturday
Northeast winds 10 to 15 kt. Sunny. Waves 1 to 2 ft.

Tony M
05-28-2010, 08:14 PM
dosen't look bad!!!

Saturday
Northeast winds 10 to 15 kt. Sunny. Waves 1 to 2 ft. I'm thinking before 10am got to try something Dr B. said to do ? :huh: :drool5:

Tony M
05-30-2010, 12:34 PM
Sunday is R/R for my old azz ! Monday is open but early before 10am.

OBNOXUS
05-30-2010, 09:08 PM
best day in years !!!!!!

flat lake 90 degrees, and $2.55 a gallon gas !!!

we were due for a good one !!!!!

ICDEDPPL
05-31-2010, 09:41 PM
I went to the Chain of Wakes.. it was dirty nasty and spent my time idling thru chanels.. didn`t get my boating fill that`s for sure.
Then i had to clean of the nasty seaweed and water marks of the boat..
I like the lake a lot better.
For good measure it seems I need a new battery and the handle of my trailer jack fell out.. so just more $$$$ flying out of my pocket

Hammer01
06-01-2010, 12:49 AM
Got a few pics from Saturday thru Monday. Saturday of course started with the warehouse delight of scrubbing, etc to prep for water but the pics begin with our 1 hour pit stop at the infamous Citgo gas station in scenic Gary, IN where the Bad Influence clan are definitely celebrities. The common questions arose from the 100 people that stopped by to ask: How much does dat der boat cost, How fast will she go, can you sleep down there, one car with two local gals asked if they could climb in the back to see what it looked like down below, does it run on gas or kerosene (as we are sitting at the gas pump pumping 89 octane of course), and the best was "isn't that truck a little small to be pulling that house?????" Good stuff, several people getting pics taken and of course all we wanted was the launch ramp and a shower to scrape off all the warehouse grease that all the boys are ever so familiar with!!!! Few pics of my way over to Diversey with the skyline, apologize for quality but Iphone at about 45 MPH!!! No casualties other than the shots of Burnham where my daughter, Cdizzle and myself are towing in a broken down Chapparal to the boat launch!! Great time had by all, especially beautiful Monday night after storms quit, sun came out and it was a sheet of glass!!! Johnny had a little bit of fun too, we looked at each other at lunch Monday and said holidays are exhausting!!!!

Hammer01
06-01-2010, 12:57 AM
Few more of the shots from Saturday night, it was beautiful, then some tied up with MM, Keither, Johnny, bunch of our buddies from BonV, and some friends from Kankakee area, last few are Monday with our new boat captains!!!! I think the Chapparal was a little scared being towed in by a 6 year old in a 45 footer, but they were still quite thankful!!!

Magic Medicine
06-01-2010, 08:20 AM
Great weekend for sure. My head hurts!

Tony M
06-01-2010, 08:38 AM
Great weekend for sure. My head hurts! Bump it on something , " Like A Brown 12oz Bottle" :cheers2: :sifone:.

Magic Medicine
06-01-2010, 09:06 AM
Bump it on something , " Like A Brown 12oz Bottle" :cheers2: :sifone:.

something along those lines:cheers2:

redhotsommer
06-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Exhausting? My, my...I HARDLY know what you mean, Mr. Hammer! Try this on for size...after having both truck and trailer problems the previous weekend, I was happy that AT LEAST the boat was still good. 7 hour tow down to LOTO was uneventful, thankfully. Put the boat in the water at PB2, and when I was idling over to the dock, I noticed that it was handling a little strangely. Then I noticed my port motor was running, but my prop wasn't spinning. Quick diagnosis: shifter cable is SHOT. After a couple panic phone calls to Dennis, we arrive at a plan, which I then execute. Pull the boat out of the water, disconnect the pin at the transom to disable the throw on the cable, pull the drive halfway off, and using an allen key and long needlenose pliers, throw the drive permanently into gear. So I have a crashbox that only goes forward on the port side, but at least I can run. After trying to back in to the docks at our condo a couple times, I just pulled in forward and called it good..thankfully it was a 40-foot slip. Party Cove the next day was good, as The Big Johnson made it easy on me and didn't try to get too far back into the mess. Sunday...we decide to run up the Gravois arm to a bar...there is a LOT of crap floating in the lake and my port motor starts to heat up. I accidently turned down the wrong cove, came to a stop, and decided to jump out and check to see if something was clogging my pickups. I raised the drives, jumped in, and felt...nothing. OK, no big deal...temps were high, but not overheating. Fired her up...and got NOTHING from the port drive again. Lifting the drives had pulled the cable and shifted it back into neutral. F#$%. We decided to idle to Franky and Louie's, where Eric was to meet us later anyway. Jayhawk Randy was our guest on board this weekend, and his 6-mo pregnant wife Janae was at the 4 Seasons getting a massage. She was good enough to come and get Randy and I (we left Michelle to have some drinks and watch the boat), drive us back to the condo to get the truck keys, go pick up the truck and trailer, drive to F & Ls (about an hour round trip), use the crappy dirt launch ramp to pull the boat, ask a local trailer denizen if we could use his driveway for a work area, pull the drive again and repeat the previous process. Put the boat back in, Randy drove the rig back to PB2 and had Janae pick him up, and Michelle and I ran the boat back. Basically...the day was screwed. However, we had a nice evening...and I drank some good rum. Monday, we went over to Backwater Jacks for lunch, all was good. Our guests took off, and we ran down into the State Park to drift and swim for a while. When I started the boat again and tried to get on plane, the port motor vapor-locked. Eventually, it started and ran fine. Went to Dog Days for dinner, and afterwards, the same thing happened. When it started again, we took a run down the lake and both of us started smelling gear lube...opened the hatch..the reservoir had come out of its holder and splashed it all over the bilge. Great. So...needless to say, I was ready to go home at this point. There were flashes of greatness for sure...both Hawks wins, Topsiders Friday night, the Cove, our wonderful guests, and my ever-positive wife...but I'm happy to be back!

jayhawk261
06-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Exhausting? My, my...I HARDLY know what you mean, Mr. Hammer! Try this on for size...after having both truck and trailer problems the previous weekend, I was happy that AT LEAST the boat was still good. 7 hour tow down to LOTO was uneventful, thankfully. Put the boat in the water at PB2, and when I was idling over to the dock, I noticed that it was handling a little strangely. Then I noticed my port motor was running, but my prop wasn't spinning. Quick diagnosis: shifter cable is SHOT. After a couple panic phone calls to Dennis, we arrive at a plan, which I then execute. Pull the boat out of the water, disconnect the pin at the transom to disable the throw on the cable, pull the drive halfway off, and using an allen key and long needlenose pliers, throw the drive permanently into gear. So I have a crashbox that only goes forward on the port side, but at least I can run. After trying to back in to the docks at our condo a couple times, I just pulled in forward and called it good..thankfully it was a 40-foot slip. Party Cove the next day was good, as The Big Johnson made it easy on me and didn't try to get too far back into the mess. Sunday...we decide to run up the Gravois arm to a bar...there is a LOT of crap floating in the lake and my port motor starts to heat up. I accidently turned down the wrong cove, came to a stop, and decided to jump out and check to see if something was clogging my pickups. I raised the drives, jumped in, and felt...nothing. OK, no big deal...temps were high, but not overheating. Fired her up...and got NOTHING from the port drive again. Lifting the drives had pulled the cable and shifted it back into neutral. F#$%. We decided to idle to Franky and Louie's, where Eric was to meet us later anyway. Jayhawk Randy was our guest on board this weekend, and his 6-mo pregnant wife Janae was at the 4 Seasons getting a massage. She was good enough to come and get Randy and I (we left Michelle to have some drinks and watch the boat), drive us back to the condo to get the truck keys, go pick up the truck and trailer, drive to F & Ls (about an hour round trip), use the crappy dirt launch ramp to pull the boat, ask a local trailer denizen if we could use his driveway for a work area, pull the drive again and repeat the previous process. Put the boat back in, Randy drove the rig back to PB2 and had Janae pick him up, and Michelle and I ran the boat back. Basically...the day was screwed. However, we had a nice evening...and I drank some good rum. Monday, we went over to Backwater Jacks for lunch, all was good. Our guests took off, and we ran down into the State Park to drift and swim for a while. When I started the boat again and tried to get on plane, the port motor vapor-locked. Eventually, it started and ran fine. Went to Dog Days for dinner, and afterwards, the same thing happened. When it started again, we took a run down the lake and both of us started smelling gear lube...opened the hatch..the reservoir had come out of its holder and splashed it all over the bilge. Great. So...needless to say, I was ready to go home at this point. There were flashes of greatness for sure...both Hawks wins, Topsiders Friday night, the Cove, our wonderful guests, and my ever-positive wife...but I'm happy to be back!

Does this look like a man with that kind of worries?!

Even with the problems, we still had a great time! It was much better than sitting home and working! Thanks again for the hospitality. I can't believe you still had problems beyond that. Hopefully it's early season blues and it'll be over soon!

redhotsommer
06-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Thanks again Randy...it was great hanging with you guys! As I recall...that was only the first of 6 or 8 Sailor Jerry and Cokes...so my happiness was only starting at that point...

Hammer01
06-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Let's face it Mikey, if boating was easy, even cab drivers from Chicago would be doing it and let's not go there. You were one of many disasters my friend and I'm sure many more to come. Thank God you handled it well because our other good buddy has Classified Ad's on that der other web site from his great weekend!!!!! I had a blast, spent lots of dough, and my kids are pumped as hexx they are doing it again this Friday for Cdizzle's graduation gift (of course that is all he asked for was to take 5 of his buddies with Big Johnny for the day!!!!)

B.Z.
06-01-2010, 11:15 PM
I got you beat -1 XR on Sunday.......

Tony M
06-02-2010, 08:44 AM
And the hits just keep comming , Cavatation plate cracking again same spot , some sort of fuel or there lack of for total power/ speed, brazil valve still leaking . if it gets to steep $$$$ it will be up on rt 80 & 47 I'v had enough .

Tony M
06-02-2010, 08:51 AM
And the hits just keep comming , Cavatation plate cracking again same spot , some sort of fuel or there lack of for total power/ speed, brazil valve still leaking . if it gets to steep $$$$ it will be up on rt 80 & 47 I'v had enough . Wounderful Start for everyone. :smash::smash::smash: :ack2: :cheers2: Drink more !

ICDEDPPL
06-02-2010, 09:45 AM
Wow RedHot that sucks ! That would have ruined my whole weekend
I`ve been out twice this year I figured out it cost me $400 each time and that doesn`t include gas..:mad:
I`m starting to miss my Jet ski

Magic Medicine
06-02-2010, 12:11 PM
And the hits just keep comming , Cavatation plate cracking again same spot , some sort of fuel or there lack of for total power/ speed, brazil valve still leaking . if it gets to steep $$$$ it will be up on rt 80 & 47 I'v had enough .

Wounderful Start for everyone. :smash::smash::smash: :ack2: :cheers2: Drink more !

I would imagine that has to do with the X dim being to high???? that would also explain why the boat is faster with more people in it!

Magic Medicine
06-02-2010, 12:11 PM
I got you beat -1 XR on Sunday.......

WOW!

pretty expensive weekend for everyone!

Magic Medicine
06-02-2010, 12:12 PM

I remember you telling something about if ya want ta play you gotta play!!!

redhotsommer
06-02-2010, 02:30 PM
Come on...everyone's year is off to a bad start...but I guarantee that NOBODY has ever hit the trifecta of boat/truck/trailer simultaneously like I did! :)

Tony M
06-02-2010, 04:02 PM
I remember you telling something about if ya want ta play you gotta play!!! To Hold them and know when to Fold Them, I'm not like you Big boys with a few extra bucks laying around :toetap05:.

Tony M
06-02-2010, 04:03 PM
Come on...everyone's year is off to a bad start...but I guarantee that NOBODY has ever hit the trifecta of boat/truck/trailer simultaneously like I did! :) Man . :cheers2: :sifone: .

SC288
06-02-2010, 04:39 PM
Come on...everyone's year is off to a bad start...but I guarantee that NOBODY has ever hit the trifecta of boat/truck/trailer simultaneously like I did! :)

I'm with ya Mike....I think my run here lately is close to yours :icon_bs: !

Magic Medicine
06-02-2010, 07:07 PM
To Hold them and know when to Fold Them, I'm not like you Big boys with a few extra bucks laying around :toetap05:.

:rofl:

OBNOXUS
06-02-2010, 10:32 PM

yeah,,,,,um,,,,about your boat :(

redhotsommer
06-02-2010, 10:37 PM
U r an azzzholeeeee

OBNOXUS
06-02-2010, 11:06 PM
Hey,,,,I didnt break your boat !!!!!!

OBNOXUS
06-02-2010, 11:12 PM
or your trailer

OBNOXUS
06-02-2010, 11:12 PM
or your truck

specialk
06-02-2010, 11:26 PM
or your truck

You really know how to kick em while he is down!!!

redhotsommer
06-03-2010, 05:58 AM
I hate boat.....mechanic....s...:bump:

OBNOXUS
06-03-2010, 08:00 AM
:reddevil:

B.Z.
06-03-2010, 08:32 AM
Hey,,,,I didnt break your boat !!!!!!

what about mine????

OBNOXUS
06-03-2010, 08:39 AM
ya know,,,,, now that I think about it,,,,, Hippie kid WAS the last one to drive your boat Good Friday !!!!!!!!

Tony M
06-03-2010, 08:46 AM
U r an azzzholeeeee He Is Gona Rip You A New One! :ack2: :sifone: butt he might :kiss: it after you pay up!!!:rolleyes:

Tony M
06-03-2010, 08:51 AM
B Z check out post #44 I can tell big D eyes are rolling around in his head $$ $$ $$ $$. next Please !

Tony M
06-03-2010, 08:55 AM
Is anybody Boating this week End ???? may be Rich maybe not he has got my hub I can fix that !

redhotsommer
06-03-2010, 09:33 AM
Next time we are out, I'm gonna ask to drive the 36 Outlaw...you know...just to see if it's rough-water capabilities are everything the owner says they are...

OBNOXUS
06-03-2010, 09:52 AM
Next time we are out, I'm gonna ask to drive the 36 Outlaw...you know...just to see if it's rough-water capabilities are everything the owner says they are...

H.E.L.L no !!!!!!! ,,,,,,,dont want you breaking my toys to !!!!!! :willy_nilly:

redhotsommer
06-03-2010, 10:05 AM
Hey...I drove your truck...it's still ok, right?

OBNOXUS
06-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Hey Mike.....As far as your "trifecta" what about your wife? Poor Michelle!:(

Mrs. OB

redhotsommer
06-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Cheryl...the crash trifecta has been completed...Keith crashed and broke his arm, I crashed on my own avoiding an oncoming rider and broke my favorite bike, and Michelle crashed and separated her shoulder. Hopefully we're good for now.

OBNOXUS
06-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Hey...I drove your truck...it's still ok, right?

Crap,,,, I forgot about that,,,,, its just a matter of time now !!!!

well,,,,Michelle did drive it to my house,,,,, maybe that killed all the bad ju ju.:driving:

redhotsommer
06-03-2010, 03:27 PM
I thought I had mojo, not ju ju?

Magic Medicine
06-04-2010, 06:36 AM
Is anybody Boating this week End ???? may be Rich maybe not he has got my hub I can fix that !

Have you looked at the weather??

Magic Medicine
06-04-2010, 06:37 AM

H.E.L.L no !!!!!!! ,,,,,,,dont want you breaking my toys to !!!!!! :willy_nilly:

The boat would have to be on the lake once in awhile for you to drive it:leaving:

OBNOXUS
06-04-2010, 08:05 AM
huh,,,it was out all Memorial Day weekend ???

Thats right,,,,, you wouldnt know that,,,,, yours was sitting parked when I picked mine up.

Tony M
06-04-2010, 08:28 AM

Thats right,,,,, you wouldnt know that,,,,, yours was sitting parked when I picked mine up. Counting how many 12oz Bottle Bass he caught by hand. :cheers2:

Magic Medicine
06-04-2010, 12:19 PM

Thats right,,,,, you wouldnt know that,,,,, yours was sitting parked when I picked mine up.

O one time in your life and you beat on the water:icon_bs:

Cookie or Bozo button?????

OBNOXUS
06-04-2010, 12:50 PM
Andy, trust me if I had a job, it would be out every weekend weather permitting!

Mrs. OB

Magic Medicine
06-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Counting how many 12oz Bottle Bass he caught by hand. :cheers2:

Fighting traffic down from the North side, plus we were out to 4am:cheers2:

Magic Medicine
06-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Andy, trust me if I had a job, it would be out every weekend weather permitting!

Mrs. OB

I hear ya. I hope the search pans out for your ya. I was unemployed last summer too:cuss:

Tony M
06-04-2010, 03:10 PM
Fighting traffic down from the North side, plus we were out to 4am:cheers2: Friends NEVER ! let Friends down :driving: :cheers2: :USA:.

Magic Medicine
06-04-2010, 03:47 PM
Friends NEVER ! let Friends down :driving: :cheers2: :USA:.

:driving: You may need some driving lessons, with all this talk of letting friends down:cuss:

Tony M
06-04-2010, 03:59 PM
:driving: You may need some driving lessons, with all this talk of letting friends down:cuss: forgive me Reggi jr .:driving: :cheers2:.

Magic Medicine
06-04-2010, 04:24 PM
forgive me Reggi jr .:driving: :cheers2:.

I did eventhough you almost broadsided me. And thats Bobby JR to ya:driving:

Tony M
06-04-2010, 05:17 PM
I did eventhough you almost broadsided me. And thats Bobby JR to ya:driving: are you inhaling , jr :toetap05:

OBNOXUS
06-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Dude,,,,,Im with Andy on this one,,,,,,is it possible for you to drive in a straight line???

You are ALL OVER the lake

redhotsommer
06-04-2010, 06:34 PM
He drives in a straight line all day and night in the big truck...maybe a swerving out on the lake is a nice change of pace?

Magic Medicine
06-04-2010, 06:55 PM
are you inhaling , jr :toetap05:

You were too busy trying to catch your hat and you almost turned right into me.

See Dens post above!

Tony M
06-05-2010, 08:44 AM
You were too busy trying to catch your hat and you almost turned right into me.

See Dens post above! thats a big lake to cover in a short time ! :driving: I do know this I'll be sure to give you plenty of room on the lake the next time if we go out there jr.

Magic Medicine
06-05-2010, 04:25 PM
thats a big lake to cover in a short time ! :driving: I do know this I'll be sure to give you plenty of room on the lake the next time if we go out there jr.

Not the response I was looking for Tony. IF mom or Jr were on the boat this conversation would have happened in the pen. If you would have taken a boaters safety course you would know that since you were overtaking me (passing) I have the right of way!!! That I do know!!!