PDA

View Full Version : Has any1 plugged of oil fill on TRS drive

Whoz Your Daddy
05-25-2010, 09:32 PM
Has any1 ever tried to plug /unhook the filler that connects the drive to the resevior? My main concern is I think thats the only way the drive has to vent? Tired of drive oil in bilge after race.

MOBILEMERCMAN
05-25-2010, 09:37 PM
It needs to vent. Some people use a bottle instead of the one that came with it.

I suggest you not fill to the line on the stick. Just set level to touch the bottom of the stick..

Whoz Your Daddy
05-25-2010, 09:45 PM
I have tried to put in just a drop to touch the dipstick but seems to still puke after a hard run. Guess i will try bottle next. Thanks

DAREDEVIL
05-25-2010, 09:56 PM
If u take the little breather out on the inner transom plate and stick in a nipple , then add a hose and on that hose u add a bottle about 1 foot away from the original reservoir u be fine !!!!! Then only fill the res. so u barley see oil on the bottom of the blastic glas !!!!!!:cheers2:

I hope u are listening !

Whoz Your Daddy
05-25-2010, 09:58 PM
Scott

Was thinking about just adding a longer metel tube? Does that thread in? or could run hose to puke tank i guess

thanks

DAREDEVIL
05-25-2010, 10:01 PM
Scott

Was thinking about just adding a longer metel tube? Does that thread in? or could run hose to puke tank i guess

thanks

The breather on there is threaded,,and yes nipple , hose ,, to a puke tank,,but still dont over fill the res. !!!!!

TRS,SPEEDMASTER...are not like bravo's ..they don't eat oil, they produce pressure !!!!
I learned that,,lol...had oil in the bilge all the time untill a friend of mine ( YES I HAVE SOME ) told me this and he knows SSM and TRS drives very well !!

DAREDEVIL
05-25-2010, 10:06 PM
here is a pic where u see part of the hose...couldn't get it off, so i cut it..lol
But basicly from there to a bravo res. is what i had...but i used that res..as a puke tank !!

Whoz Your Daddy
05-25-2010, 10:16 PM
great pic scott I will do tomorow. Do u think i need a resivor? the drive holds 20 gallons lol

DAREDEVIL
05-25-2010, 10:22 PM
great pic scott I will do tomorow. Do u think i need a resivor? the drive holds 20 gallons lol

If the drive holds 20 gallons..something is wrong..hahahahaha

well, i used a bravo res ( the little square one ) on the other side of that hose .
and filled the stock res. , just so i could see oil on the bottom of the sightglas..the Bravo res. was good because what ever it puked in could run back in to the stock res. !!!!!!!!

get my point ???

TMS1155
05-25-2010, 10:55 PM
Scott

thanks

Take breather out and put a six inch nipple in res, put coupler on nipple and put breather back in ( its 1/8 npt) This works 90% of the time. If your really beating the boat put a support on the extension so it doesn't snap off. Like scott said if you have 20 gals. in a TRS You must have a very large res.

Whoz Your Daddy
05-25-2010, 11:01 PM
the 20 gallon is a joke they hold alot of oil. Thanks

Richard Crainium
05-26-2010, 12:09 PM
Are you running a drive shower? I added one that feeds off of the outlet of the raw water pump to my cigarette and it cured the oil problem .Heat causes expansion of fluid and air which = your situation.

old377guy
05-26-2010, 07:46 PM
If u take the little breather out on the inner transom plate and stick in a nipple , then add a hose and on that hose u add a bottle about 1 foot away from the original reservoir u be fine !!!!! Then only fill the res. so u barley see oil on the bottom of the blastic glas !!!!!!:cheers2:

I hope u are listening !

good idea DARE !

DAREDEVIL
05-26-2010, 08:27 PM
good idea DARE !

Yep..sometimes it just hits me ...LOL:sifone: