PDA

View Full Version : Only you guys could appreciate this...

Buoy
05-23-2010, 08:29 PM
As some of you know, I started a new job this week. Back to working construction jobsites. Loving the new gig.:)
Found myself on a job last week that had four of us, and all of us are loaded heavily with our own tools (I have an arsenal of DeWalt stuff - and so did the other guys).
Anybody that has worked on a jobsite knows, when you need a specific tool and there is one laying there, you grab it - whether it's yours or not - if something needs done immediately (We had about 1600#'s of steel 12' up, and 3 guys holding it).
So, seeing as I just re-tooled on things like batteries (almost $100 each x5) I figured I needed to mark MY stuff.
So, today while drinking beer I did this...

Oh, and the last pic is one of the projects I was working hanging doors - for reference, the guy in the pic is 6' tall - these things were MASSIVE!

Bobcat
05-23-2010, 09:47 PM
All of my stuff is (Vikings) purple and gold......I have a hard time sharing....

Bobcat
05-23-2010, 09:47 PM
cool by the way !:USA:

MiamiOffshore
05-23-2010, 11:23 PM
Cool I like..

rchevelle71
05-24-2010, 07:42 AM
Nice,

Kinda the same concept as how the eyes got painted on my boat, only on a smaller scale.

Premier Perf
05-24-2010, 09:54 AM
As some of you know, I started a new job this week. Back to working construction jobsites. Loving the new gig.:)
Found myself on a job last week that had four of us, and all of us are loaded heavily with our own tools (I have an arsenal of DeWalt stuff - and so did the other guys).
Anybody that has worked on a jobsite knows, when you need a specific tool and there is one laying there, you grab it - whether it's yours or not - if something needs done immediately (We had about 1600#'s of steel 12' up, and 3 guys holding it).
So, seeing as I just re-tooled on things like batteries (almost $100 each x5) I figured I needed to mark MY stuff.
So, today while drinking beer I did this...

Oh, and the last pic is one of the projects I was working hanging doors - for reference, the guy in the pic is 6' tall - these things were MASSIVE!

Congrats on your new job Timmy and thats awesome that your loving it :cheers2:

Dude! Sweet!
05-24-2010, 10:33 AM
I see you're working on Hung Man Choi's house... Nice! Dig the "eyes". Nice work bud.

tomcei
05-24-2010, 06:00 PM
congrats on the gig. I know that has to be nice to get the monkey off your back and get your head right.
Well...... it might take more than that to get your head right :sifone: LOL

Buoy
05-24-2010, 07:15 PM
congrats on the gig. I know that has to be nice to get the monkey off your back and get your head right.
Well...... it might take more than that to get your head right :sifone: LOL

I don't even want to get the rest of it right - I'm pretty happy with everything else:sifone:

JAIME
05-28-2010, 01:15 AM
i like it. I just have Pabtera green duct tape on all my tools, and use it for job layout. congrats on the new job:USA:

Buoy
05-28-2010, 01:29 AM
i like it. I just have Pabtera green duct tape on all my tools, and use it for job layout. congrats on the new job:USA:

Thanks!!
The new gig is awesome.
I'm not making a huge amount, but I'm still living well. And, after 7-8 years working corporate, I feel like a MAN again, and I feel back in my element.
Phuck the money, it's about being happy in what you're doing. And I'm coming home sore everyday and looking forward to a rub-down of Icy-Hot, but I'm feeling satisfaction again for the first time in almost 10 years.

As far as the tools...
There are some items I just sprayed with the Lime-green, but if it was large enough it got the eyes.

Todays project was a stair rail.
Had to send a few sections back to fabrication for re-work.

LittleDcsRodShop
05-28-2010, 03:58 AM
Congrats bro !! :sifone:

Btw; The rails look really nice..:cool:

JAIME
06-01-2010, 01:36 AM
those are good projects, custom is always fun

duunoit
06-15-2010, 12:48 PM
Congrats, Tim!

Buoy
06-15-2010, 09:23 PM
Congrats bro !! :sifone:

Btw; The rails look really nice..:cool:

Congrats, Tim!

Guy's... You ain't gonna believe this chit...

After three weeks "in training" and riding with another guy, they sent me on my own for three days, and then...

I got a promotion to installation Mgr.:sifone: I still have a chithouse full of tools in the Avalanche, but should only need to use them rarely.
Most of my day is now spent behind a computer and on the phone in the A/C during this Arizona summer that is starting to hit.
This ROCKS!

duunoit
06-15-2010, 09:39 PM
Congrats again Tim!

Bobcat
06-15-2010, 10:35 PM
Guy's... You ain't gonna believe this chit...

After three weeks "in training" and riding with another guy, they sent me on my own for three days, and then...

I got a promotion to installation Mgr.:sifone: I still have a chithouse full of tools in the Avalanche, but should only need to use them rarely.
Most of my day is now spent behind a computer and on the phone in the A/C during this Arizona summer that is starting to hit.
This ROCKS!

You are getting a bit old (not Sean old) to be outside in the heat !:cheers2:

tomcei
06-16-2010, 09:27 AM
They must recognize talent when they see it

Bobcat
06-16-2010, 02:37 PM
I can only vouch for KW, but when people get somebody honest and hard working they almost sh*t themselves with glee. Now if he'd just quit smoking !:sifone:

JAIME
06-20-2010, 01:51 PM
very cool congrats, time to break out the stinsel and paint for your office

Buoy
06-20-2010, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the congrats guyz.

I can only vouch for KW, but when people get somebody honest and hard working they almost sh*t themselves with glee. Now if he'd just quit smoking !:sifone:

I think you got it about right.
Honest and hardworking is all it takes in this sort of game.

And the fact that I don't bitch and whine about every job... Positive attitude has gotten me this far.

We've got guys that come in every morning and bitch about the work for the day, or what part of town (or the state) they are in, and then call in when they get to the jobsite so they can bitch that not everything is perfect, and they are going to have to do a little more work than just screwing a door to a wall.

There will certainly be Pantera swag in my office:sifone:

Now as far as that smoking comment... I'm gonna step outside and light up.

Ratickle
06-20-2010, 02:39 PM
Congrats Tim......

Maybe you'll get the boat done now that you're resting all day in an air conditioned office and saving up energy.....:sifone:

Buoy
06-20-2010, 02:43 PM
Congrats Tim......

Maybe you'll get the boat done now that you're resting all day in an air conditioned office and saving up energy.....:sifone:

That's the plan Paul. Just need to get some $$ saved up. In the meantime I still have a house that hasn't sold in Kentucky, and have apparently bought another boat that I'll need to pick up in the fall, out close to your neighborhood (I use the term 'close" relatively - it's in Ohio - for you that's close, for me, not so much).

Scannerboat
07-09-2010, 10:50 PM
You are not selling that beautiful Pantera 24 yet are you?

Buoy
07-10-2010, 01:15 AM
You are not selling that beautiful Pantera 24 yet are you?

Scanner - first post on this board, and it's about my boat... I'm flattered.
You must know of it from previous posts. Is this a new screen name?

No, the boat is currently NOT FOR SALE. I plan on holding onto this one for life, but maybe down the road pick up a Cig Mistress or a 27' Magnum to park beside her.
Some guys collect cars, I want to start collecting old decrepit boats, and then spending years upon years restoring them, and considering each one of them an adopted child of mine.
So, it's kinda like that 80 yr old lady that has 104 cats.:smash::)

Scannerboat
07-10-2010, 11:31 PM
Yes, Your boat is one of the best by far, I spent some time behind the Isotta myself. It is by far not an old decrepit boat, I once smoked a 30' with T440 mercs with her in some rough water. Also outran another Pantera24 that had a 540 with 150 more hp on smooth water one day. You have a very special boat. Do you have some recent pics?

Buoy
07-11-2010, 02:02 AM
Yes, Your boat is one of the best by far, I spent some time behind the Isotta myself. It is by far not an old decrepit boat, I once smoked a 30' with T440 mercs with her in some rough water. Also outran another Pantera24 that had a 540 with 150 more hp on smooth water one day. You have a very special boat. Do you have some recent pics?

So, you did this in my boat?? Where?
I have a pretty good history on the boat, and I know it once ran mid 80's with big power, but it never would have outrun something with a 540 in the same hull
I'd like to hear more about this. With the little motor I have I only expect mid 60's.
Yeah, it is a special boat, but it's only special to me.
No recent pics, just been working on stuff, pics will come when she is complete.

Scannerboat
07-15-2010, 10:50 PM
I had your boat in upstate NY before it went to California. It never had real "big" power just a Merc HP500 carb motor with a few small reliability mods. The '79 540 boat was far from dialed in in my opinion, yes it should have at least run with my 500 but I had spent some considerable time dialing the boat in to get consistent very high 70's. I knew the guy and had just been at his dock shootin the shoot about panteras and stuff, He also had a fine 32 skater so I was interested in that too. So I leave his dock and head up the lake then look to my right and he is lined up with me at about 55 or so. He starts trimming up and pulling away and I figure this must be THE test so I go for it and easily out accelerate and pull ahead, I was amazed thinking he will catch up eventually. We covered about 2 miles and I finally backed off but I was way ahead then. I was running a Hydromotive 24 with low slip numbers and he was running a mirage 27 so I don't think his motor had the torque to turn it and I was right in the sweet spot rpm wise. In my opinion if you dial it in to run 65 - 70 and can back off a little and run long distances at 62 - 65 it will out pace many boats due to the rough water handling capabilities.

Buoy
07-15-2010, 11:39 PM
I had your boat in upstate NY before it went to California. It never had real "big" power just a Merc HP500 carb motor with a few small reliability mods. The '79 540 boat was far from dialed in in my opinion, yes it should have at least run with my 500 but I had spent some considerable time dialing the boat in to get consistent very high 70's. I knew the guy and had just been at his dock shootin the shoot about panteras and stuff, He also had a fine 32 skater so I was interested in that too. So I leave his dock and head up the lake then look to my right and he is lined up with me at about 55 or so. He starts trimming up and pulling away and I figure this must be THE test so I go for it and easily out accelerate and pull ahead, I was amazed thinking he will catch up eventually. We covered about 2 miles and I finally backed off but I was way ahead then. I was running a Hydromotive 24 with low slip numbers and he was running a mirage 27 so I don't think his motor had the torque to turn it and I was right in the sweet spot rpm wise. In my opinion if you dial it in to run 65 - 70 and can back off a little and run long distances at 62 - 65 it will out pace many boats due to the rough water handling capabilities.

Wait a minute!!!
Are you Chris?? Or is there another key to the puzzle of everyone that has owned this boat.
As I said, this boat was calling me from the first time I saw a pic of it, and I bought it sight-unseen, just because I knew it was MY boat.
I don't ever foresee myself letting her go.